She tugged on the green camisole she wore, jacket hanging on her arm as she sat in the car that awaited in front of the studios as they waited for her escort to help her inside the building without being attacked by media and fans. "Brian, what if this flops? What if I'm a commercial disaster? That my leaving was basically the death of my career?"

"That's nonsense," he argued, "Everyone loved you before and with the reception you're getting now, I highly doubt you'll flop. Besides, Rina, you're one of the most talented people in the industry." He smiled, they both turning their head as the door opened and a hand appeared to help her out. She accepted the hand, slightly cringing at the screams that pierced her ears, she looking up and waving to her fans as Brian stepped out behind her. If it were possible, the screams got even louder, she feeling him reach for her upper arm as she slowed, letting him link her arm with his. "Besides, who else will I collaborate with once the guys take another brief hiatus? I'd rather be here than at home thinking about it."

She chuckled, looking over at him as he squeezed her arm in reassurance. "Coming from Mr. Homebody? You go overseas for how long and you aren't even dying to see your wife and child?"

"Of course I want to see them," he smiled, they both stopping to sign autographs, "but I haven't seen you in a while and I know that once promotion picks up even more, I won't see you for months on end."

She turned, catching his cheesy grin as he glanced over his shoulder, she laughing and finishing up a few more signatures before turning and saying goodbye as she went into the studio, Brian following quickly behind. "I actually get to stay in New York up until the album is dropped and then I fly out to LA. So I'm here for another like, week or so."

"And then album drop day," he grinned, she suddenly feeling nervous. "Don't worry, you're gonna do great. The guys wish you luck, too. They all flew back to Florida for other things, though AJ may be meeting me in LA in a few days for a premiere."

"You'll have to give him a hug for me," she smiled, turning towards the producer that was approaching her. "Hello."

"Miss Littrell," he said professionally, nodding his head at Brian, "Mr. Littrell -"

"Oh goodness, we sound like we're married," Brian laughed, he shuddering behind her, "Brian is good for me, and I'm sure it'd be okay to call her Audrina."

"Very well," he said, giving them a gentle smile, "Audrina, if you just follow me to hair and make-up, you can meet Oprah in a little bit and she'll rundown what she'll be discussing so there aren't any awkward moments. Brian, they're waiting for you down in wardobe."

"Wardrobe?"

Audrina laughed, turning to look at him, "I kind of requested it, since I knew you'd be in a t-shirt and jeans -"

"Rine -"

"It's Oprah, Brian. Slacks and a button-up, come on."

"God, you sound like mom and Leigh."

"I learned from the best," she laughed, waving him off, "I'll see you in a little bit!"

"Yeah, yeah," he mumbled, waving back at her as an assistant whisked him off. "You owe me!"

"Yeah, yeah," she mocked, grinning as they took her into the make-up room, a woman saying her hello with a wide smile as Audrina sat down. "I'm Audrina."

"Stacy," she smiled, shaking her hand. "It's so nice to see you back, Audrina. I was such a big fan before you went on your personal leave. And I love the new single."

"Thank you," she smiled, looking up as Stacy dabbed foundation under her eyes, "I liked that song, too."

"It sounds like JC had a touch on it. Really upbeat and very ... him."

She laughed. "Actually, it was all me. But I guess being with and around him for so long, you start doing things like the other person. I grew to love his tastes in the studio and it rubbed off I guess." She laughed, opening her eyes as Stacy grinned, dipping the brush into the black for eyeliner. "The record label actually wants to release the song we did together for a movie, so it's probably going to be the second single along with the song Brian and I worked on."

"Really?"

"Yeah," she smiled. "Some romantic comedy that Kate Hudson is in? Was it Kate Hudson?" She pursed her lips, thinking. "Or maybe it was Scarlett Johannsen? Gah, I don't know," she rolled her eyes at herself, shrugging. "I'm never good with what they tell me about movies. I go to watch them, but couldn't tell you who was in them."

Stacy laughed, using the bronzer on her cheeks and forehead. "At least you're good with names of people you work with, right? I mean, you never called JC someone else's name ... like AJ or something!"

Audrina grinned, watching her in the mirror as she applied eyeshadow, working on her lipgloss after. It was a silent few minutes as she finished up, Stacy placing a hand on her shoulder, "Toni will be in to do your hair, okay?"

She nodded, waving to Stacy as she left, her name being paged over the intercom. Shortly after her disappearance, Toni stood in the door, a broad smile on his face. "Hello, gorgeous," he greeted as she chuckled, saying hello. "Nothing too fancy, how about just down and straight?"

"Works for me," she smiled, reaching up and releasing her hair from the low ponytail she had it in, "more manageable that way, anyway."

"I'll say," he grinned, running his fingers in her hair, "you've got beautiful hair."

She chuckled, watching him play around on the counter with the hair straightener and hair products. "So, nervous?"

"Nervous isn't the word," she laughed uneasily, he laughing as he played with her hair some more. He finished quickly, wardrobe coming in and changing her into a pair of black pants and a deep red blouse. Soon, she was joining Brian at the side of the stage, waiting for them both to be introduced. "You look good, big brother."

He looked at her with a serious face, suddenly giving her the biggest grin he could stretch across his face. Looking down at the gray slacks and black sweater, he smiled. "I would have much rather been in my jeans, but I can live."

"If wardobe was up to you, you'd be in your plaid golf pants and a pink vest."

"I would," he grinned. "And you'd be in shorts and a tank top."

"Amen."

He chuckled, reaching over and wrapping an arm around her shoulder, listening as Oprah spoke of them briefly after the clip Audrina had shown at TRL the day before. "Still nervous?"

"A little."

"Maybe your nerves would be a little calm if you saw who was in the audience."

"Huh?"

He chuckled, pulling away from her and pointing out into the left section. "Look. Third person in, black button-up."

She gasped. "JC?!"

"The silent support system," Brian smiled, nudging her with his shoulder. "Plus, I think he's got some freaky crush on Oprah."

She chuckled. "I didn't know he was coming -"

"I uh, I asked him to." Brian gave her a shamed look, she shaking her head in disbelief. "Rina, he's been a part of your life for so long. I think he has been my favorite person you ever were with -"

"Why, because he worked on the album with you guys?"

He laughed. "No, because he was good. He's a genuinely good guy and he cares about you, regardless of your relationship. Why else did he show yesterday? Oh, and plus he doesn't know you know. It was a surprise."

"Our next guests are well-known in the music industry as the powerhouse brother-sister duo, both working independently and taking the world by storm: he with a platinum selling Christian album and part of the phenomenal group, Backstreet Boys; she a ninety million album selling artist, surpassing the pop princess Britney Spears and a marketable merchandise line that sells in the millions every year. Please welcome Brian and Audrina Littrell!"

She opened her mouth to speak, they both being motioned to go. "Saved by the introduction, Littrell," she mumbled, putting a smile on her face as Brian chuckled, following her out as Oprah got up, greeting them both. She sat down closest to Oprah, she smiling brightly at her. "It feels so good to sit on this couch again!"

Oprah laughed. "That's right! You were here right before your last tour kicked off. You were just a ball of energy!"

"I wish I had that much now," she chuckled. "It's surprising how much energy just drains as the years pass. Not to mention medication and training for touring again." She grinned, Oprah glancing at the two. "That, and chasing a nephew around on the playground."

"He is a ball of energy," Brian concluded, laughing. "Just like the two of us."

"Well, until you started middle school and then I was the shafted sibling because you were too cool for me."

Oprah laughed. "But look at you two now! Your next single being released is with the two of you collaborating on the song and you guys seem to be seen everywhere together -"

"I'm her big brother, I need to know what's she's doing at all times."

"Now, isn't that what a boyfriend is for?"

"Not with a Littrell," Brian laughed, Audrina shaking her head in disbelief. "Besides, she's single so I get to watch out for her."

"Shows how desperate I am," Audrina grinned, "my brother is broadcasting I'm single because he's sick of watching out for me."

"No, I -"

"Oh, don't deny it."

"I -"

"Ssh, Brian." Audrina laughed, looking back at Oprah. "He knows I've got good friends who call and check up on me when there's time to. We're all grown adults with jobs and careers. Some have families or some's family are their co-workers."

"You have quite a famous friend circle, too," Oprah smiled as photos flashed of her with Aundrea Fimbres and Aubrey O'Day from Danity Kane; one of her with Christina Aguilera; Kourtney Kardashian of the Kardashians; Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls. "How did you meet them all?"

"She's a social butterfly," Brian joked, "that and she just doesn't shut up."

Audrina jabbed him slightly with her elbow, grinning back at her. "I wrote with Aubrey and Aundrea during my time off. Aundrea and I had hit it off before, she was working at a studio and we just clicked. Aubrey was just thrown into the mix shortly after. Christina and I just got to know each other through Justin Timberlake when we both toured with him and I actually just sent her this whole load of baby clothes for Max, who is the most adorable baby I have ever seen ... besides my own nephew, of course. Kourtney and Nicole I've actually known for a while. Probably around the time I started is when I met Kourtney and Nicole and I met a few years prior when we were both trying to get into the business."

"And you keep in touch with most of them?"

"For the most part, Aundrea and Aubrey. It must be the 'Au' of our names, or something," she laughed, shaking her head. "Drea calls me almost daily to check in, to see how I'm doing, to tell me how she and Aubrey are doing, and Aubrey and I seem to be playing phone tag lately. They're probably my closest girl friends."

"And the guys," Oprah trailed off, eyes going back to the screen as the entire audience 'aww'ed at the picture of Brian and Audrina when they were about 7 and 2, Brian sitting on the couch with Audrina in his lap, matching smiles brightening up the photo. "Baby Littrell's! Now if you two didn't look alike now, you definitely did back then!"

They both laughed, Audrina hiding her reddening cheeks as another photo came up, she being carried on Brian's back when they were about 16 and 11. "Who is the culprit of these photos?"

Brian grinned. "I am, of course. Well, and mom."

"I was so geeky!" She shook her head, looking at the screen as shots of her with Nick Carter, AJ McLean and Howie Dorough flashed. "Aw, Kevin!"

"And this is the infamous cousin, Kevin Richardson," Oprah smiled, gesturing out towards the audience. "He used to be a part of the group with you, Brian."

"Yes, and then he left to become a daddy," Brian grinned. "Our honorary nephew Mason. Looks like Audrina at her age."

"And then we have this ..."

Audrina turned, eyes following Oprah's gaze and feeling her stomach twist as a photo of she and JC appeared, fresh into dating. She was tucked underneath his arm, they both sunburnt and tired, though very happy after a celebrity volleyball match, both adorned in their bathing suits. Soon, another followed from the two of them at the Grammy's, he in a classic black suit and she in a deep red Valentino gown. They were caught in mid-gaze, she smiling up at him with her hands resting on his chest, his hands holding at her waist. She jutted out her lip, suddenly feeling eyes on the back of her head. The next photo showed up, it of the she, Brian and JC at the Healthy Heart Club charity event, her head thrown back in laughter as JC held her torso, Brian holding onto her legs as they 'tugged' for possession of her.

Licking her lips, she fought back emotions, the last photo nearly bringing the tears to the corners of her eyes. It was in her backyard after her twenty-fifth birthday, the two of them lying togther with their legs tangled in the hammock, her head in the curve of his neck, his hand behind it, laced in her hair. They had both fallen asleep from all the excitement, the photo taken by her mother once they were found an hour later.

"Those were the days," she said, trying to sound cheery as she wiped tears away slightly, though masking it as just rubbing her face. Brian placed his hand on top of hers, squeezing gently to say he was there, she looking back at Oprah.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded, biting her lip. "It was just seeing all those people, every single one of them, have been there for me and I really don't know where I'd be if it weren't for them. They're the most amazing people with the biggest hearts."

"Of course, we asked you on this show to talk about just that: your heart. Brian's, too. Now, many people know that you, Brian, have battled heart problems since you were about five-years-old, when you battled for your life and ended up surviving, to just end up having two more surgeries, the most recent in June of 2004 to repair yet another hole."

"Yeah, Rina and I got the luck of the draw," Brian said, he lifting his arm and putting it behind her on the couch, turning his body so he could see his sister and Oprah equally. "What I have is a congenital heart defect, Ventricular Septal Defect, which is a hole in the ventricle. Luckily, I've had the holes caught early on with regular visits to my cardiologist, also Rina's, and have been a clean bill of health since. Audrina has Valvular Stenosis, which is basically the valve being smaller than it should be due to the leaflets being fused. They don't close all the way and blood leaks, and since the valve is so small, it makes the heart work harder. Both of our conditions can bring us both to heart failure, but we've been given the 'OK' to live life as normal, and we will. I've been touring, and she's just getting ready to go out on the road herself."

"Do you take an precautions?"

"I usually have an oxygen mask just in case, and for the first few months, I will have a doctor, just in case I think something is wrong," Audrina stated. "Brian did the same after his first surgery, and he came through fine. His is a little more serious, but they have given us both positive outlooks."

"With positivity came the Healthy Heart Club and the 'Family of Heart Disease Patients' foundation and charity, that you both founded and run, along with the camp you have for children of heart disease over the summer. Camp Healthy Heart."

"Which is a rip-off of the HHC," Audrina laughed. "But Brian allowed so it's okay."

"So the treatment. Do you take medications?"

"We both do, just to keep our hearts pumping normally," Audrina said softly. "He's got two and I've got one. It hasn't been too bad. Just hope that I won't need to up how much I take."

"What about the rest of your life? You came back from a personal hiatus and now you're releasing your album in just a week, your single has been number one for nearly a month and you've got a special on MTV airing tonight. No one special in your life? You're really single?"

She laughed, Brian chuckling beside her. "You say that like it's a bad thing! I just haven't really thought about being with anyone else but myself. My life is crazy and it's not something I'd want to bring just anyone into. When you are in a relationship that lasted for so long, your heart," she stopped, licking her lips, yet again feeling JC's eyes burn into her skin, "your heart just isn't into wanting to replace what it had before." She inhaled slowly, blowing the air out quickly as she glanced at Brian, he giving her a warm smile and a gentle squeeze of her shoulder. "When you invest six years with someone, your heart is fully theirs. It's not something that can be taken back so easily."

"And this relationship, you speak of JC Chasez, right? You two also collaborated on your album with a song that is actually going to be featuring in the movie 'Tragically Yours' coming out this summer. How is that going? Not the typical, 'don't ever talk to me again' ending to a relationship?"

"When we broke up," Audrina said softly, "we both wanted two different things. It wasn't as if we had done something wrong. It was a mutual break-up, but it hurt nonetheless. He had been a major part of my life for so long, had held my hand through so many procedures when I was sick, when Brian got sick; he was there when my albums reached number one, when I received my Grammy's; birthday parties, afterparties. Through all the good and the bad, he was there. He never ran away, never once had to leave the room when they'd poke and prod me with needles. When Brian couldn't be there, I knew he would be. If he was, JC was still there, being my support system. And when I called him to tell him of my decision to come back onto the music scene, he was so supportive and so ready to help me with whatever he could. It just seemed right to have him on the album."

"With a song called 'You & I', one that you stated in an interview was written over a lot of wine." Oprah laughed as Audrina grinned.

"A lot of wine. A lot of laughter. A lot of everything, really. It was really surprising to be able to be so comfortable with him, but then again, we were both in the same place where we had met. Brian had brought him in to help with a few songs and we really clicked. It was just like old times."

"Well, I've got a little surprise for you," Oprah smiled as she got up, Audrina following her with her eyes. It really wasn't a surprise, but she'd let her think it was. Turning her head to meet Brian's shamed gaze, she shook her head and looked back at Oprah as she spoke into the audience, JC's form standing up and walking down the stairs towards her. "JC agreed to sit in the audience while we spoke with you, and he's actually got something to say."

Her heart began to pound, instinctively putting her hand to her chest as Brian raised an eyebrow, she shaking her head to keep his worry at bay. What did he have to say? What was so important that he couldn't tell her last night? Or later today?

"Brian," she said softly, feeling his eyes on the side of her face, "please tell me she's joking."

"I wish I could," he replied back, his voice low. "I honestly didn't know this was going to happen ..."

"Figured."

JC chuckled, the two siblings bringing their attention back to the man standing across the stage with a microphone in his hand. "It's nothing bad, Rina, I promise." He grinned as her heart beats slowed to a normal rhythm, he clearing his throat and speaking. "You and I had been together for six years. And in those six years, I got see you at your most vulnerable for more than two. No one wants to see anyone they care about go through so much in your family, within yourself without feeling helpless. What you don't know, what no one knows, was that when you were diagnosed, my entire world came crashing down on me. I thought I was going to lose the one person who meant the world to me. I got educated then. I read up on your disease, on Brian's and I wanted to help. I know there's not much that anyone but your body can do to help you, but I know every little bit helps, so this is why I've got this." He pulled out a white piece of paper, both Audrina and Brian squinting to look at it. It was a check. "This is a check for two million dollars from myself, Lance, Chris, Justin and Joey, who have cared for you as long as I have," he said softly, biting his lip as she saw the emotion wash over his face, tears running down her cheeks, "one million for the Healthy Heart Club and the other for your foundation. I want anyone who suffers from heart disease to be taken care of, Brian to be taken care of ... you to be taken care of. All the money in the world can't buy a cure, but it can bring a step closer to someone finding it, right? That has been my one wish for the last four years: for you, Brian and everyone else out there, to not ever worry about it.

"You and Brian have been part of my family for more than seven years. From the moment I met you guys, the moment you and I became close, Audrina, your family's struggle was my own. When something happened and you hurt, I hurt. You're one of my best friends, Rina. I'm going to do everything in my power to keep you healthy. I love you guys."

Brian got up, he walking across the stage and accepting JC's outstretched hand, pulling him into a friendly hug. "Thank you, Jace. You don't know how much this means to me, to us. To everyone." He pulled away from the hug, all eyes on Audrina as she still remained seated, perfectly manicured hand to mouth as tears fell down her face. "Rina?"

Brian's voice came as an echo to her ears, she standing up slowly, heart thudding in her ears. Brian slowly approached her, she set only on the dark-haired man that stood directly in front of her then, shaking her head in disbelief as he looked at her, unsure of her actions. When she closed in on him, her arms wrapped around his neck, hugging him tightly as he laughed in relief, the entire audience clapping and cheering. "Thank you," she said softly, he tightening his grip on her, "you didn't have to do this, Jace. I know I have your support, and the guys'."

"I wanted to do this," he whispered, "I love you Rine; you're one of my best friends. I'm just trying to make sure that I've got you for life."

"You will," she said, pulling away and putting her hands to his cheeks as she looked into his eyes, "you will."

He grinned, nodding as she pulled away and looked at Brian, he wrapping an arm around her shoulder as JC came to her other side, she leaning into him. "I also wanted to tell you," he said, leaning down so that his mouth was by her ear, "to say hello to your tour partner."

"My what?" She looked up at him, confused. "Who?"

Laughing, he knelt back down. "Me."

She shook her head in disbelief as Oprah cued the show back to commercial. "But you - the show on MTV -"

"Found a replacement. They gave me a choice: tour with you or judge another season of the show. You know what my choice would have been."

"Music. Always music."

"Yep."

"And having me there doesn't hurt."

"I'm gonna try and be cordial to you."

She pushed him in a mock hurt manner, he grinning and wrapping his arms around her neck, looking down and gnawing at her head as she cried out in surprise. "You're such a weirdo."

"But you love me anyway."

"Sadly, I do."

"Heyyyy ..."

She grinned, turning back to Oprah as she motioned for the three of them to sit down. This time, she took a seat in between both men, Brian's hand clasping one of hers, while JC's held her other. As Oprah welcoming the audience back to the show, she began to speak.

"In case you missed what happened before the break, we've been sitting and talking to the Littrell's about their struggle and fight against heart disease. JC Chasez, a fellow musician and close friend to Audrina, just presented the siblings with a two million dollar check. Which, by the way," Oprah said, turning back into her chair to look at them, "we're going to double. I'm going to donate two million dollars of my own for both charities. Each."

"Aw, now you're just making me look bad!"

The whole audience laughed at JC's joke, Audrina squeezing his hand as he looked at her, still smiling.

"If you would like to donate money to the Healthy Heart Club or Family of Heart Disease Patients, log on to www.healthyheartclub.com or call 1-800-YOUR-FHDP. Thank you for tuning in and be sure to catch Audrina's very raw, very heartfelt episode of 'Diary' on MTV tonight at 10PM. Tomorrow, our guests include Debra Messing, Dr. Phil and musical guest KT Tunstall. Good night, everybody!"

"I'm going to go change out of these clothes. Meet you at the car," Brian said, excusing himself quickly as he walked out into the wings, waving to the audience as Oprah spoke to them.

 

"I can't believe you did this," she said softly, hand still holding the check in her hand. "How did you manage to get the guys to donate?"

"Manage? They asked to be part of it," JC said softly, giving her a weak smile. "Even if they weren't going to do it, there'd still be two million dollars there."

"Jace -"

"Audrina, I have more than enough money to live happily on without having to work a day in my life. But I choose to. I choose to donate my money to make you happy, healthy. Joey knew about me doing it first and mentioned it to Lance, who called me and said he wanted to pitch in. That, in turn, fell into Chris' grapevine who then told Justin. I then got a call from an angry Justin because I didn't call him to help. Let's just say, there are four men who would give up all their money to help a friend."

She looked back up from the check, eyes searching his face. "And you?"

"I'd give up everything to help you," he said softly, hand reaching forward and brushing a strand of hair away from her face. "I have to go. Flight to LA to start rehearsal for the tour."

"Jace -"

"I'll see you on the 25th," he smiled. "You're flying to LA for the drop, right? After New York?"

She nodded. "But I won't be there until -"

"We're going to party late into the night, Drine. We're going to have a lot to celebrate."

"Jace -"

"What?"

"Can I finish a senten-"

"No."

"JC!"

He laughed. "I was joking! Go ahead."

"Thank you."

He crossed the stage once more, placing a kiss to her forehead. "Anything for a friend. I'll see you on the 25th, 'kay? Take it easy and don't overwork yourself or I'm coming back to kick your ass."

"I will."

"Bye, darlin'."

"Bye, Jace."

She sighed deeply, looking down at the check. Anything for a friend. Friend. A year ago, when they were first starting to work together on her album, it wouldn't have bothered her. But suddenly, it did. Suddenly, friend was the worst insult she had ever heard in her entire life.

Chapter End Notes:


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: firsttime tour triangles boyfriendjc showersex hospital bsb