Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is a continuation of Chpt 4

" You’ve got to be kidding me." She looked good in lace. I imagine that she looks good in just about anything, but it’s kind of hard not to make special note of how good she looks in lace. It’s barely even midday, and already I’m thinking about after hour activities. It’s my natural response to lace, I have a thing for it. Usually I’m prone to just black lace, because I happen to think that it is the sexiest piece of material a woman could wear- and when it’s on, I like to take the time to watch my hand slide it off. There’s just something about the way it moves across skin, making the very act of undressing a sensual- and very much appreciated- act. I absolutely love black lace, but today I find myself having a growing appreciation for creme coloured lace. In fact I think I’m falling in love with it. " Get out of my office."

" I’d be glad to...as long as your coming with." I couldn’t resist the urge to smile, not when it looked like Bryne was about to blow a fucking fuse. She was livid, and her professional business like manner was slowly fading as her disdain for me took full precedence. Judging by the way her eye lowered into slits, and the way her lip tucked under her front teeth, I knew she wasn’t taking to kind to the fact that I was still standing amongst her. I just looked at her, my indifference to her attitude clearly displayed across my face. She knew better than anyone that I didn’t easily back down, and when faced against discouragement- I was only encouraged more. These past six months was true evidence of that fact, and if she thought I was going to be easily swayed by the daggers shooting from her eyes, she was sorely mistaken. It only challenged me more.

" What do you get out of this?" She leaned back in her chair, crossed her arms over her chest and watched me while I took the time to appreciate the intricate details of her creme coloured lace shirt. It was a thin material, that made the bronze coloured bra she wore beneath it visible to the free world. It was a classy showcase of her undergarment, not at all to be confused with the sleazy display most street walkers are known for. It was wrong to be critiquing her fashion sense at a time like this, but I must say that I am thoroughly impressed. As for her question, I don’t get much out of anything when it comes to her- which could be why I am never have at a lack for trying. She’s unattainable, and most things in my life aren’t. There’s something about her that balances me out, but I’d never tell her so.

" We can discuss that over lunch."

" Aside from the fact that I think you’re an ass, and I would rather eat wheatgrass before sharing a table with you.......what makes you think I even have the time for your crazy shenanigans?!" Wheatgrass isn’t so bad, so I don’t feel so slighted. In fact,.with just the right blend, you can actually enjoy the flavor of wheatgrass, which means if anything about that analogy holds true- I have a serious chance of gaining some mileage with this woman. I shrugged my shoulders, and she clucked her tongue. I wasn’t about to tell her that I had conveniently coaxed Tameka into moving around her schedule so that I may have this Friday afternoon with her, that would just be giving up my sources. She hasn’t figured out how I’m able to bypass her whole " No Justin Timberlake"restriction yet, so there was no need to give her headway. Tameka and I have a grave understanding, she gets me in with Bryne, I get her into the hottest spots in New York City- it works.

" I don’t think you have anything to do right now." I knew she didn’t, I made sure she didn’t. I didn’t have to read the look in her eye to know that much was true, and from the way her face flushed over with heat she knew I had her.

" I’d rather not do you."

" I doubt that." I was once again being a cocky bastard, and very much enjoyed the shock that registered in her eyes when she finally intercepted double meaning behind our words. Instead of looking me in the eye, she pushed off her desk and grabbed her pocketbook. It was surprisingly smaller than what I was used to, which made me question how it was this business woman could get by with the semblance of a clutch but Belinda and Cameron just had to done a suitcase- even for a mere hour outing. This woman was a break from the mold, just watching her stand and glare at me assured me that she was a cut above the rest. I lost all rationale when it came to her, and what’s worse is that I don’t even care.

" I’ll take my own car."

" Can I ride with you?" she just cut her eyes at me and moved past me towards the door.

" No." she breezed past Tameka’s desk, which I was thankful for since it gave me a chance to silently thank her without Bryne noticing. Tameka winked out me and mouthed a good luck. I winked back, and continued after Bryne. I was going to need it.

" We’re going to Spice..and we’re sitting in a far, far back table." I really couldn’t have taken offense to her tone, not when I was so excited to be going to lunch with her. Anyway, I reasoned with myself that these were just precautionary measures she wanted to take to ensure her privacy, and as long as that meant she was spending time with me- I could care less.

" And just for the record..I don’t want to go." She stopped and looked at me, as we stood in the middle of the staircase. If I hadn’t taken the moment to gather my senses, I wouldn’t have saw the small smile spreading across her lips. She caught the notion before it could get out of hand, and instead frowned up at me.

" But you’ll be there." I took a step down, so that now we were face to face and barely a breath away from each other. She smelled like vanilla, with a hint of something else. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but whatever it was it had my senses in disarray. We just stood like that for a moment, me inhaling her scent, her watching me with questioning eyes. Finally, a throat cleared at the bottom of the step and I saw Lonnie smirking back at us.

" Only because your cutting the checks." I let her back down from me and follow out after Lonnie. I motioned for him to follow her, just to ensure her safety and also that she’d be at the restaurant. Rounding up the other two bodyguards that I gathered for this trip alone, I headed into my car and waited impatiently for the journey to Spice to begin.

I couldn’t get enough of her scent, it tangled itself throughout my senses and had me standing on the edge of reason. I had moved my chair close enough to her, and couldn’t justify any reason to be closer. She didn’t seem to notice that I had taken to inhaling the air every so often with a much stronger force than usual, as it seemed she was more distracted with all the ruckus that followed a fan sighting. I didn’t think we’d have such a problem, but we did, and upon arrival to Spice we were bombarded with photographers and cameras. Luckily I had already suggested that Bryne be taken through the back, while I dealt with the paparazzi out front. I was thankful to have found her already seated, sipping on a glass of wine by the time I made it back to our table. As promised, we were out of sight and very much secluded in the privacy of the V.I.P room. Even though we were out of sight, we could still hear the paparazzi’s obnoxious voices carry on out front. I tried to ignore there questions as best I could, and I did, it was just that I could tell their antics were bothering her, and that’s something that I wouldn’t stand for. I could deal with her anger, her disdain, and her annoyance.However, I couldn’t deal with the look of discomfort washing over her features.

" They can’t get in here..." I began and her eyes suddenly erased any of the before mentioned emotion and just glassed up. Taking a sip from her glass, she just cleared her throat.

" Are they always this persistent." she finally asked after another moment of silence.

" Yea."

" I’m sure you love it." she sneered, and I ran a hand over my face. It was actually the one thing I hated about being famous. There was something more than unsettling about the fact that once America decides they love you, you never again have a moment’s peace. It’s like there is always going to be some jackass around, hoping to get that one shot of you living your life like everyone else- but hoping to exploit you for it. I may be famous, and I may seem cocky, but above all else I am a private person. I enjoy my privacy which is why I don’t tolerate the paparazzi. This is why Bill and I have so many issues, he wants me to learn to deal with it and I just won’t have it.

" Most people think that." I sighed, not gulping down a swig of the Jack Daniels I ordered. I looked from my dwindling glass to hers and wondered if something could be said about our midday choice of drinks.

" I guess." she shrugged and finished off her glass of wine. Before she even placed it on the table, the waiter had served her a full glass. She looked impressed, which caused me to smirk and finish off my own drink. " So JC liked the club." I could tell from the rushed way she interjected that comment, that she was desperate to come out of the silent staring match we fell into. I knodded my head and continued staring, completely content in just doing so. " We’re going back tonight so that he can get an idea of the vibe at night." My eyes widened at that revelation. I didn’t know JC and her had made these arrangements. It was clear that she was having a hard time considering me as a part of the project, but at least JC could have told me.

" I’ll have to cancel my plans then." Tonight I was suppose to meet Cameron at La Guardia. She had called me this morning to let me in on her impromptu visit. I wasn’t excited when she first told me, and now I’m even less enthused. I’d rather monitor the relations between JC and Bryne than take up lodge in the busiest airport lobby in America. One of the guys can pick up Cameron.

" That’s not necessary..."

" Actually I’d like to see the club. I am paying for it." I didn’t mean to bring up the financial responsibility I carried, but it seemed as if it was the only way to get any leeway with this woman. She was all business.

" Point well taken." she sighed and opened up her menu, I smiled to myself while following suit. She was going to open up to me, whether she liked it or not



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: missionary oral celebrityj cheaterj triangles enemiesturnedlovers