I hate mornings. Probably not as much as I hate rain, but it's in the running. The only advantage it seems to be having over my disdain for rain is that it doesn't have a funny after smell that lingers long after the damn annoying droplets have stopped.I know, I'm a bit of a tirade if I can go on and on about nature's blessing, but that's me. Deal with it. I enter our kitchen and am thankful to find my cup of coffee already made with two added sugars and a drop of cream, waiting for my yearning lips to grace it. I don't even look up and acknowledge my girlfriend until I feel the warm soothing liquid rush down my throat. It's then that I open my eyes and realize that Miranda is staring at me. She has beautiful eyes, like those sleepy romantic eyes, that look the same all day every day. I smiled into my cup and watched as she crossed over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist. I swallow the rest of the liquid filling my mouth and set my cup down onto the island. Before I can even reach for her, her mouth is over mine and her hands are all in my hair. I pushed back onto the island and hopped onto the counter. She pushes open my legs and moved inside the space she's created. She runs her hands down my body, under my skirt and onto my thighs. She inches up the material, and runs her nail lightly against my garter belt gently tickling the skin of my thigh. I gasp for air and wonder if her touch will always be the one to ignite me. She was the first woman I have ever been with, in fact she was the first person. I hadn't even had the chance to see what a man had to offer, so enthralled had I been by the slow, passionate, and careful way Miranda handled me. She was so experienced. She knew every place to touch, every crevice to kiss. It was intoxicating. I threw my head back and waited for her fingers to inch their way closer to the line of my panties. My breaths grew short as she slipped her thin hands inside lightly and rubbbed her fingers over my warm flesh. I leaned down to kiss her and wished I could stay, somehow she always found a way to make my mornings better, but I knew I had to get to work.

" Mimi..." I purred, grabbing hold of her arm, trying to regain some semblance of control. I opened my eyes and she smiled knowingly, placing a soft kiss against my mouth while moving her arm to her side. It took a moment for me to bring myself together, and when I did I moved off the counter to smooth out the wrinkles I hoped wouldn't stick.

" Still three o'clock?" Miranda had moved to the otherside of the kitchen, her back to me as she began slicing up fruit. I cocked my head to the side and watched her, her long hair flowing all the way down her back. She sad she hadn't cut it in twelve years, it was suppose to be symbolic of her aging. Her hair was still black, not a grey hair in sight although on her last birthday she turned thirty-eight. I was saw caught up in just watching her that I completely zoned out from reality, I didn't even realize she was talking. " Mama?" My head snapped up in response to my nickname and I cleared my throat for effect.

" What was that?"

" I was asking if I should still expect you at 3?" she turned, placing a strawberry in her mouth and thought about the way her mouth sucked on my juices just last night. I swallowed hard, and focused in on what she was saying. Oh gosh, the appointmment. I had completely forgot, well I had for that moment, and it was then that I realized I was now officially working with Justin. I groaned inwardly and seriously considered hoping back on top of the counter so that Miranda could work her magic and take the frustration away.

" Make it 3:45..I gotta show him another place first." I sighed, which caused Miranda to raise an eyebrow. I shook my head, and dismissed her inquiry. " It's fine. I just hate him." I had told Miranda all about Justin, when the incident happened. I even told her the first couple of times he tried to apologize, but after awhile I stopped reporting how often he sent someone from his camp to do his dirty work daily. It was like a normal part of my day now, like I just expected to see one of the many shuffling down the sidewalk behind me on my way for coffee.

" Ah yes Jason..."

" Justin." I corrected and shrugged, because it really didn't make a difference. Miranda just smirked and turned back around to slicing her fruit, and it was then that I decided I should leave before she'd make me want to stay. I walked over to her, pushing her long strands aside, and placed a light kiss on the back of her neck. I could hear the smile in her words when she whispered;

" See you Mama.." Squeezing her arm, I backed out of the kitchen and headed out the door.

I thought I must have walked into the wrong office when I opened the door to my own and saw the huge display of flowers waiting on my desk. When out the corner of my eye I saw Andy sitting in the leather wing back chair by my fish tank, I realized it was just another display of Justin's unwanted affections. He had out done himself this time. I quickly approached the arrangement and lightly fingered the soft petals of the sweet peas i saw sticking out. I absolutely love flowers, probably as much as I hate rain. Miranda is allergic, and so we pretty much never have them- which means I never get them, so when I do I swoon. I began looking through the assortment of sweet peas and smiled to myself because they were known to represent delicate pleasure. I was glad that Andy stayed his distance and didn't ruin the moment for me by introducing Justin into it, and continued forking through the flowers. Then I saw them, the snap dragons, and I quickly turned to Andy.

" Snapdragons?" He looked at me like I had lost my mind, and I'm sure he was wondering why in the hell I decided to say that. he probably considered all these flowers to be roses, like most people, and he probably had no idea that Snapdragons represented desire. Why in the hell was Justin Timberlake sending me flowers that clearly symbolize delicate pleasure and desire?

" Excuse me?" Andy looked lost, and I can only imagine that Justin was just as clueless and it's probably only one other person out in the world that would have any clue as to what a sweet pea and snapdragon means.

" Nevermind." I sighed, and dismissed the buzzing feeling that nestled in my tummy. I love flowers, but I couldn't let that overshadow why they were sent. " That never happened." I smiled tightly and hoped Andy got the hint. I've trusted him this far in that he hasn't completely revealed our subtle relationship with his boss, but I wanted to make sure he was clear in understanding Justin should never know he had a momentary breakthrough. It was the flowers, not the sentiment, that had my mouth gaping open and my heart jumping. Nonetheless, Justin should know none of this.

" He sends his..."

" I don't need it." I stop him before he can continue, a ritual of ours. Its expected, so he doesn't look crestfallen.

" Also..."

" Don't care." I sing and offer him the second cafe` latte I had originally brought for Tameka. As expected, she was running lake, and since I was in such a good mood- from the flowers- he was the lucky recipient. He smiled and accpeted, taking the seat directly across from me. The same seat Justin sat in the day before. We drank our coffees, and talked about close to nothing as we reveled in our good mood. After a few more minutes of idle conversation, he finally stood and excused himself. We didn't bother saying goodbye, we both knew he'd be back tomorrow. When he closed the door, I engrossed myself into my work. Hoping that by chance, the next four hours would happen by without me noticing. Sure enough, when I finally lifted my head for air, it was close to meeting time. My phone broke through the silence, and I wondered again why Tameka hadn't buzzed it through so I could at least know who to expect on the line. Hopefully Justin was calling to cancel.

" Hello." I must have sounded hopeful, or at least in higher spirits, for when Justin's voice came through the line I could hear the surprise in it.

" You must have liked the flowers." He was such a cocky bastard, and if he knew any better he'd know that I would never admit it even if I did.

" You sent flowers?" I feigned ignorance and hoped that he would move past this part of the conversation and head into the heart of the matter. If he was cancelling, get it over with, I'm a business woman with things to do.

" Charming bee.." When had he taken to calling me 'bee', I could voice my annoyance but then that would just prolong the conversation- and that was not an option. So I just waited for him to contiue. " Anyway, I called because I realize you would have been disappointed when I didn't show up today for my appointment." I breathed a sigh of relief and did a small dance of victory. I'm losing money, but at least I'd keep my sanity.

" Oh..your cancelling?" I tried to contain my relief, but I'm sure he heard it.

" Not so fast bee, I'm sending in JC since you'd rather work with him." He heard me, I could tell by the way he sneered that last line out. I groaned inwardly, though I was still glad to not have to deal directly with Justin. I never met JC before, so the best I could hope for was that he was nothing like his former band mate.

" You sound jealous." It was an after thought, but when I heard the silence over the phone line and the thickness of it cut through my senses. I must be imagining all this, I concluded and continued on. " Well I'm sure we'll be fine without you."

" I bet." I heard the phone click dead and replaced my receiver just as Tameka buzzed in that a JC Chasez was here to see me. I buzzed her to show him in and made a mental note to question her as to why she never intercepts any of Justin's calls or appearances. I thought we've been through this. Grabbing my notes, I watched as my door opened and they both entered. Thirteen seconds, record timing for Tameka. I didn't realize how huge her eyes were, or how excited she was since my eyes went directly to JC. He was handsome as shit. I tried to recover from my initial shock, but I wasn't doing a good job of it when I realized I looked like a star struck teenager.

" Uh..hello." His voice was even sexy. I pushed myself up and gave Tameka the eye to dismiss herself before turning to JC to smile.

" Hello, nice to meet you JC. I'm Bryne James." He didn't even frown at the mention of my name, like he just knew so many girls named Bryne. It amazed me. I tried not to stare, but as I explained the events of today I caught myself gazing into his beautiful eyes, and looking over his thick brown hair. I even started to gap at the line of his jaw when we enetered his limo and he began to read the notes I had taken on all three of the jazz club. As expected, he liked the first one, but felt like something was missing. I was more than thrilled- and a little struck- by the time we made our way to 'The Red Door'. Since we had a little bit of a drive, we were able to partake in casual conversation. I learned that he had a sister and a brother, he hated cats, and he'd writted at least two albums worth of songs since he'd been out the limelight. I was absolutely smittened. He was nothing like Justin, nothing. When we enetered the club, I waited to see his reaction. Miranda had the blinds closed and the curtains drawn so that we would be able to get the feel it would have at night. As I watched JC's eyes move over the bar, to the glass wall behind it and the small black tables with black and brown leather chairs surrounding them, I knew he fell in love. He immediately walked over to the stage and sat behind the piano, his fingers taking a mind of their own as he began to play a few chords.

" He's beautiful Mama." Miranda had walked up beside me and winked towards the stage where JC was beaming down at us. I knodded in agreeance, before turning and winking back at Miranda.

" But he's no you." Miranda smiled, and lightly touched my arm in a sweet subtle gesture. I was about to return the gesture when I felt my phone vibrate at my side. Excusing myself, I glared down at the number on the caller id screen. I didn't recognize the number. I silenced the call and moved to join JC on stage. Just as I reached the platform, my phone rang again. Same number. Annoyed, I immediately silenced it and turned my attention to JC.

" So what do you think?" He was opening his mouth to answer, but then the blaring ring from his cell phone interrupted the moment. He gave me an apologetic look before answering his phone and I turned my back to seek out Miranda while he conducted business. I found her behind the bar, already smiling up at me and I wondered if she felt a little threatened because JC was so attractive. I frowned a little and nearly fell off stage when I realized JC was motioning towards me with his phone.

" It's for you..." he smiled, shrugging , as I accepted the device. When I lifted the phone to my ear I could already hear the annoying banter that I recognized a little too easily.

" Put her on the phone..." he was saying when I finally decided to break him of his misery.

" Justin..it's Bryne." He paused for a moment, and then started right in like he never stopped.

" Why aren't you answering your phone?!" He was demanding this like we were on those special kind of terms. I was appalled he even had my cell phone number, since it's not a number I give out outside of relation to business. And technically, I still wasn't in business with Justin. I was in business with JC.

" How did you get my number?!" I hissed, walking off stage and into a corner near the entrance. I was thankful to see Miranda approach JC and engage him in conversation while I handled whatever it is I had to handle with Justin.

" I have my sources...so how is everything going?" he was such a prick, why I smiled at that instance I don't know, but I was thankful he was nowhere around.

" Just fine without you here. Better if you weren't on the phone."

" You miss me that much?" he was really cocky, and once again I have no idea why I'm smiling. He was getting under my skin, but that doesn't mean I want him under my guard. I clearned my throat and wiped the gullible impression away.

" Justin is there a point to this call?"

" Have lunch with me on Friday." I wouldn't have lunch with Justin until hell freezes over, and the last time I checked that wouldn't be happening Friday. I looked over to Miranda and JC and they were both looking at me expectantly. The longer I stayed on the phone, the harder it would be to explain why I was on in the first place so I rushed to get him off.

" No."

" We need to talk business."

" I'll talk to JC."

" I'm cutting the check." Fuck. I sighed and turned my back, hoping that my body language didn't give off my irritation.

" I'm busy Friday..goodbye." I hung up the phone, and hoped that he would have enough sense not to call back. When I finally reached JC and Miranda they both gave me inquiring glances, but I dismissed them and focused on business. I had a pitch to run and I didn't need the interruption.

I should feel ashame but I don't. It's a Wednesday, it's one o clock in the afternoon and I am in a lounge nursing my third martini. I haven't even begun to assess the situation, and at the rate I'm going the alcohol will catch up with me before I can. I 've been here about fifty seven minutes and in that time I've consumed three drinks, so my blood alcohol level should be pushing a numbing number. I just don't feel like thinking right now, and all I need is for my waiter to keep bringing them back as I push them down. Me and Miranda got the account, I knew I was in for sure but now so is Miranda. I should be happy right? I'm not. Something about the whole idea of working that closely with Justin Timberlake and his attractive friend JC is beginning to unnerve me. Not only will I have to deal with Justin and his damn ridiculousness even more on a daily basis, I now somehow have to make sure Miranda knows that no matter how unnaturally sexy JC is- I'd never even consider him. He's hot, yes, but he's not my type. Funny, right. No, exactly. Which is why I'm going to keep drinking until it is. I begin pushing the olive around the rim of my glass and wonder how Belinda's going to handle the sudden burst of never ending Justin. From the sounds of it, he's looking to relocate here and work on some studio time and JC's career in the city. I didn't want to seem to unenthused when JC was explaining, but the thought of Justin sharing the entire city of New York with me still bothered me. Even if we had no reason to, I have the feeling we would still cross paths. It's like an added bonus for him that we're in business. I hate him.

" Another martini ma'am?" Does it honestly look like I'll say no. I'm sure it doesn't, but I smile anyway and nod. I need the feeling of doom to subside. I mean things don't have to be that bad anyway, right. What the hell am I trying to foreshadow here? If I didn't want to be around Justin, I could make that happen. Finish my business with him and then its over. As for Belinda, hell we can live around him. We've done so thus far. And JC, come one, like this should even be a concern. He's good looking and all, but Miranda doesn't have shit to worry about. Which is another problem that's easily solved. So in all actuality this whole getting drunk in the middle of the day has no real basis. Ah, what the hell, it makes me feel better. I'll suffer the consequences later.

" Well hello stranger.." I groaned into my cordless and turned to glance at the clock. It was only 11 o'clock at night, and here I thought it was morning. I lifted my head and instantly felt my brain swim around in it and decided then that drinking during the day is not for me. Closing my eyes, and covering them with my sleeping mask, I tuned into Belinda.

" Hey Belle."

" Wow..are you sleep?" I'm usually up at this time, working, but today was one of those strange days. Hell I was drinking at 12, give me a break. I usually stay up though, so I could see Miranda when she gets in from the club. We have the best late night sex ever, and sometimes when I fall asleep, the feeling of her tongue is what I awake to. Needless to say there are just some nights I gladly fall asleep. Tonight, well tonight was by accident.

" I was. Now, not so much." I breathed and cradeled the phone into the nook of my shoulder. I haven't seen Belinda in two weeks, and I know its partly due to that monster and the other reason surrounds her work. She mentioned briefly to me that she wanted me to plan her next gala, but I know for a fact she'd have some qualms about some of the restrictions I'd put in place- namelyher assclown of a...well whatever he is to her not being allowed to attend. Speaking of which, their relationship is so strange to me. It's like out of the blue and ridiculously surreal. If I didn't know her, I woulnd't even know about it- which is strange to me since most celerbtiy dirty laundry gets aired out for the world to see. Maybe Belinda wasn't dirty laundry, but since I never cared to discuss him I never really knew the intimate details behind their relationships. I usualyy just heard the worst of the worst, since that was the only time she was allowed to bring him up. It had to be a dire emergency. " So what's up?!"

" The sky."

" How original."

" I'm an artist what can I say." Belinda was a ditz, well not really. I just called her that sometimes. The only ditsy thing I think she does is put up with that asshole.

" Wanna do lunch tomorrow?"

" I can't Justin's coming into town." He was gone? I just thought he sent JC in his place because I specifically asked for him. Oh gosh, well at least I know to keep a heads up. I rolled my eyes and sat through the silence because I know she wants me to take the bait- but I'm just not going there with her. Like I said, I don't do Justin. " He said he's going to be in the city for awhile..."

" Oh." I was trying to inflect my impatience through that one word, but either she didn't hearing or she wasn't trying to.

"He's really sorry ya know..."

" For having a girlfriend while still fucking you or for ruining your debut gala." I know I'm an asshole, but she should know to expect this. This is exactly why I don't talk about him and I don't take the bait when she brings him up. If you ask me, from what I understand, Justin is a royal asshole.

" Bryn..it's not like that." I twist my face at her soft plead. It's exactly like that! I don't know which fairy world she lives in but the reality is VERY much like that.

" Oh which part, the one about his girlfriend or him fucking you?!"

" I've known him for..."

" Yes, yes I know eight years. Which automatically entails him to screw you over. .LITERALLY" I was harsh, but Belinda needed to get it. Unless there's something missing that I just don't understand, she needs to realize that Justin is just one big fucked up fuck. Times like these make me happy that I'm not into men. It makes me especially grateful that I never had the chance to deal with some bullshit like it either. Men seemed to always bring trouble, and no matter how fucked up it is, women flock right the fuck back. It's insane!

" Bryn.."

" Your right. I don't get it. I'm a lesbian, which makes me ignorant to when a man is dicking over a woman. Forget I even said anything." I hissed wanting to just hang up the phone altogether. From the sorrowful signs coming from her end, I know she's near tears or about to be. I can't apologize, not because I'm too proud, but because I know I'm right. He's just using her, for what reason I wouldn't know, but it was killing her. I can tell. I sigh and press the conversation forward, we're friends, of all the subjects we can talk about- that's just one we can't. Snuggling down into my covers, I strike up a convo about office life and sigh in relief when I hear Belinda laugh.

 

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: missionary oral celebrityj cheaterj triangles enemiesturnedlovers