Author's Chapter Notes:
So I had this idea for the story...that I started like twice before. So here's the final draft..I had to tweek it a bit..enjoy

Imagine being on a secluded island, the sun beaming down on you, the salted water of the sea surrounding you- washing ashore and cleansing your feet. The rays of the sun cover your body more than the pieces of garment you adorn and life as you know it couldn't be more perfect. Now imagine that same secluded island, except instead of it being secluded its more like deserted. And the hot sun, well it's beaming alright- but frying the hell out of your dry skin since the pieces of garment you adorn have been slowly falling apart with each day that passes. The soft waves that you think look so picturesque, washing up on shore and kissing your feet, are actually quite ugly and brown and you feel more like your under attack when the salt from the water dissolves itself in your open foot wounds. I've spent months trying to conjure up the best metaphoric description of how one would describe Justin Timberlake in contrast to how I would describe Justin Timberlake, and I must say I've done a pretty damn good job. I've known the man for six months, eight days, two hours and some odd minutes. Today is June 23rd and it is approximately one'o clock in the afternoon, and if you haven't figured by now- I am a counter- so naturally I'm counting down the minutes until this dreadful day dwindles down to its end. Unfortunately for me, time seems to be on a stand still, and the day seems to have no intention of abiding by my wishes.

" Bryne James!" That would be me, and before you get the wrong impression, I am not a man. I blame that reoccurring assumption on my mother. She had some asnine logic that my name would transcend genders and get my foot in many doors that would have otherwise been closed. I shouldn't call her logic asnine, and actually I should never use the word asnine as an adjective in any sentence to describe my mother- but today's a bad day so allow me my faults. I ignored the voice and kept moving, hoping that I would eventually disappear in the masses. I was on a crowded New York street, trying to make my way down to the corner Starbucks without any encounters, but I could see clear as day that my hopes of that happening were now out the door. " Ms. James!" The loud voice was causing heads to turn and I stiffened when I began to feel several pair of eyes watching me. I just wanted my coffee, what could whoever it was possibly want. I slowed my pace, still contemplating if I should turn around, and then just stopped- ignorant to the grunts I bgean receiving for making such a brash decision in the middle of New York City sidewalk traffic.

"Keep it movin' lady." Some absurd Italian fat man boomed while pushing past me. I swallowed back my initial retort and instead turned towards the voice that followed behind me. I wasn't surprised to see Andy dodging through the crowd, pushing his glasses back on his forehead all while flagging a manila folder high above his head. Andy Rockmaker, the protegee from hell. He was a ball of...well let's just say he was a ball. He was round, and big, and seemed to always bounce with every step he took. By the time he reached me, sweat was pouring down his face, which tickled me since he was only about five steps behind me. I cocked my head to the side, lowering my oversized shades and smiled expectantly towards him. He was such a flunkie, but he really was a sweetheart, he's probably the only one from Justin's camp that I ever attempted to give the time of day.

" Thank you for stopping." Andy rushed, placing his hands on his portruding stomach and smoothing out his frumpled button down shirt. Like most men who have the belly and forget that it's a problem, he had his too tight shirt tucked in. His even tighter pants hugged his legs even down to his shoes which I thought pointed a little too much at the toe. He was cute, in that ball of fun sort of way. He was like an oversized teddy bear that liked to cuddle with other "teddy" bears, if you get my drift.

" I wasn't going to..but then I'd have to hear my name being screamed at me all the way to Starbucks." I smirked and took his arm to pull us inside the little bakery shop we were standing in front of. I was already a nuisance for blocking the sidewalk, Andy was a fucking road block. I inhaled the familiar scents of cinnamon and vanilla as we enetered the shop and wondered if I should purchase a little danish before leaving to make my way to starbucks. Just thinking of my coffee crave and now this detour from it made me begin to frown. I was sure Andy was going to say something that had little to no interest for me, but because I liked him I was prepared to give him five minutes.

" Mr. Timberlake..." Cut that down to two minutes, I thought as I grimaced inwardly. What was it with that damn cock headed weasel that he couldn't leave well enough alone. I was ignoring what Andy had to say, since after he uttered his boss' name my thoughts took me elsewhere. Like I mentioned earlier, I've known Justin Timberlake for approximately six moths...eight days, two hours..and well you get the point. I'm anal when it comes to counting. It's like borderline obsessive compuslive. I can't help it. Sometimes it's useful, other times it's just an annoying habit. So I met Justin back in January, we were both attending an art gallery after party of a mutual friend. I didn't know how he managed to know Belinda Early, our friend, but he was there in all his glory parading around like a damn cocked up celebrity. I had personally thought he was stealing all of Belinda's spot light, since it appeared that most of the attention was being geared toward him. The reason I was so concerned was because A- Belinda is my favorite friend and B- I had put the event together. It was actually my big debut and Belinda had entrusted me with putting together the best PR function my little heart could muster. I called in so many favors and pulled so many strings that I was really feeling myself when it came down that intial first encounter. The galla had went smoothly and the party had pretty much just started when in entered Mr. Hollywood. He wasn't at the art galla, and he wasn't on the guest list so I wasn't expecting to see him breeze through the entrance. He came with a little party of his own and they pretty much swanked the place. I was horrified. I had quickly sought out Belinda, who was floating on cloud nine with whatever drink she was nursing sitting amongst her art friends. I forget their names, which really doesn't matter since they'd all probably take to being referred to by symbols- they were that deep. Anyway, by the time I finally explained the Justin Timberlake situation, she was already out of my arms and racing to his side. And then the fiasco began.

" Ms. James?" I was brought back to reality for a brief moment and offered a closed mouth smile as reassurance that I was listening, but just as soon drifted off when Andy continued his rant. I remember watching in horror as the two proceeded to devour each other on sight. It was disgusting really, because instead of doing so in their right mind, they were both clearly off their fucking rocker. It felt like nearly everyone zeroed in on them, which did nothing to calm their passion. Finally I saw one of the bug burly men Justin stepped in with pull them apart and proceed to escort them into a private room. I know I should have turned the other cheek, but they were NOT about to do the funky monkey on my watch! It was when I caught myself tripping over the spiral staircase on my way towards them when it dawned on me that Justin Timberlake was in a alleged "serious" relationship with Cameron Diaz. I couldn't handle the possibility of word spreading that I allowed something as raunchy as what they were about to do happen, not when I was just getting in the game and I planned to make this a frequented venue. Worse enough, it was a family owned business, who was already a little leery about having this type of gathering in the first place. Not to mention the publicity that would surely follow Belinda and no doubt Justin once this got out. I was a nervous wreck when I finally reached the door, only to find that I had made it just in time. If Charles Pickney could see what his office had become, I thought to myself astonished to see Belinda bet over his desk with Justin standing behind her. Luckily her ass was the only skin exposed since Justin was in the process of unzipping his pants. My uncle was going to kill me if he ever found this was happening. Determined not to let the initial shock of it all sway me, I marched directly toward them and pulled Justin away from her. I ignored his protests, and didn't even bother to acknowledge hers as I shoved her out the room. It wasn't until we were halfway down the hall that I realized Justin still hadn't emerged. I had found one of my assistants and left Belinda with her while I went back for Justin. When I reached the room, he was leaning against the desk, his pants now open staring at me like I had two heads. I took a moment to glare at his body guards who just smirked in response and wondered why the hell they were apart of Justin's entarouge if clearly they weren't there to help. When I finally made my way to him, hollering for him to get himself together, he just smiled pulling me closer to him. That's when I heard the first camera flash.

" I have to go Andy." Remembering that night just sent a wave of naseau to overcome me. It was now six months...eight days, now three hours and..well you know- since that happened and I still haven't been able to live those pictures down. I hadn't even jumped on the scene, before I was all over it. Those pictures had resurfaced three hundred and seventy-two times that I know about and every time I become a little more angrier. I had stopped talking to Belinda for well over three months..in fact it was..well I won't go there, but it took a LONG while before I could even muster a civil hello. As for Justin, he's damn near stalked me with his camp of assitants after about three unwelcomed attempts of face to face apologies. He's resorted to now sending Andy, since he's realized he is the only one I will talk to.

" I know, and I thank you for staying this long..but could you please..."

" No Andy, I can't." I sigh, not wanting to sound angry because Andy really didn't deserve my mood. He was just here on behalf of Justin, and as far as that little twirp is considered he can just kiss my ass. He had went from just pissing me off because he damn near ruined my reputation before it was created, now- after a little insight into him and Belinda- I'm downright pissed off. I rarely allow him to be brought up in our conversation, but for when I do it's always to convince her to leave him the hell alone. He's America's sweetheart alright, but I think he's the devil in disguise.

" He really insists..."

" Believe me, I could care less." I'm also a little bitter, because you see, America still hasn't caught wind of him. They're too busy exposing the Britney's and Lindsey's when in all reality Justin is more fucked up than the both of them. And I only met the guy once. The shit I've come to know about him is ruthless. I know I only hear one side, and probably all the bad stuff- or at least that's all I pay attention to- but the man is no saint. It was like a short frenzy for him, whereas for me- well I have to explain that incident off to damn near every club owner, every client, my family...

" He's really..."

" Sorry..yea I've heard. Tell him to can it, and leave me alone before I put out a restraining order." I know my threats are bullshit, and they'll probably never make it back to Justin. But if the day ever came that I could finally say all that I want to say to him, I'd surely make good on every idle threat. He's a pompous ass, and the sooner the world realizes the better I might feel.

I was now back in my office and still perturbed from the sidewalk scene with Andy. For my troubles, he offered to buy me a danish and my cafe` latte out of pocket. He even apologized for my inconvenience, as he always does, and walked me back to my office with no other talk of Justin. This is how I've come to know Andy. After the pretense of him doing his job and me shooting him down, we then continue in on in light banter and conversation until our business lives resurface again and we go our seperate ways. I don't know how Justin figured out I get along with Andy, but I have no doubt that it came from Belinda. Scooting further into my chair I opened the files spread across my desk and began to pick through my clientele list for the week. Though I suffered a bit of a rough patch right after that first gig, business has been in full swing. This week alone I have three big gigs two of which are just about completed. I've been researching different venues and have finally settled on two that fit the events needs perfectly. The third event I wasn't quite so sure about. I was hired through a third party- which was unusual in itself- but I'm game for whatever brings in the revenue. The event is for an up and coming artist, who was just looking for a little spot that provided just the right amount of intimacy for them and the audience. I believed it was to be a listening party, so I figured I'd check out a couple of jazz spots in center city to see if they'd like them. They were to be my three o'clock appointment, which only left me a few minutes to prepare my pitch. I was hoping they'd go for 'The Red Door'- which happens to be my favorite spot in the city. I usually go there on friday nights with my girlfriend, Miranda. It's a bit of a ritual, like a weekly anniversary, wince 'The Red Door' is where I first met her. Miranda Martinez, my partner, said she noticed me from the first time i walked through the doors and sat at the table on the far left. That was my usual spot, now our usual spot, every time we go. She is the owner of the club, something that surprised me even more than to find the attractive thirty-something year old dark haired woman buying me a drink. Miranda was very forward, which caught me off guard at first. We met about three years ago, and I was still new to the city- barely eighteen. Needless to say I wasn't drinking at the time, and even when I protested- explaining my age- she pushed the cup of liquid toward me. That was the beginning of a beautiful night. I had gotten so drunk and filled with pent up desire from her eyes groping me all night that I went home with her and made love to a woman for the first time. Everything after that happened so fast, and now we share an apartment on the Upper East side and have our weekly date at 'The Red Door'. This week I swayed her in to letting me bring my client on Friday, since that was when the house band played, and I new they would have an amazing featured artist. I wanted my client to see the venue at it's best. I was planning on showing it second. I figured if I show them a place that's missing what 'The Red Door' has first, and then show them a complete dive last- they'll go for my pick. Sometimes you have to con them into your line of thinking, people don't always know what they want. I smiled to myself as I scribbled down more ideas when the knocks at my office door had me about ready to jump out of my skin. I gathered my brow and wondered why it was Tameka, my secretary didn't buzz me to let me know they arrived. More importantly, why didn't she escort them. Standing up, I smoothed down the arms of my cream silk blouse and sighed in content when I noticed there were no wrinkles in my stretch high waisted black pencil skirt. Pushing my hair behind my shoulder I opened the door and gasped in surprise.

" What are you doing here?!" I may have looked shock, but my voice was right on the mark. I heard the no nonesense tone spill out my mouth. He had the nerve to smirk, his eyes taking there time to run the length of my body before they met with mine. I cringed inwardly, not at all in the mood to be bothered. I had a client that would be walking through my door any minute and I didn't need him there causing a scene.

" I have an appointment."

" What are you talking about?" I spewed, knowing that nowhere on my itinerary was there a slot for Justin Timberlake. Not that there ever would be. I placed my hand on my hip and pursed my lips trying to contain my control. I didn't have the time to play games with him, and he already had his daily stalker moment when he sent Andy by, so the purpose for him standing in my doorway was unbeknownst to me. I let my eyes run the course of his tall lean body and could easily see why America loved him so much. He looked every bot of the part of the clean slate icon he was portrayed to be. Aside from his little aftershadow growing along the side of his face, he looked clean cut and very well put together. He wore a simple long sleeve fitted shirt and a pair of William Rast Jeans. His smile was perfect, and it bothered the hell out of me. " I'm your three o'clock."

" No." Like hell he was, I thought to myself. I would just as soon lose this account before I ever consider doing business with him. I know it sounds childish, but I don't like him. In fact I can't stand him, and he wants me to put together an event that would be taking place after hours..at my girlfriend's club. He has got to be insane.

" Yes...I am."

" Well there has been a mistake. There's a policy in this office, which also applies to my life, NO Justin Timberlake." I crossed my hands over my chest and dared him to let his eyes even begin to venture. He didn't seemed moved by my stubborness, in fact he looked tickled. I wanted to slap the smile off his face, but that would be rude and highly unprofessional. Not that it matters, since I will NOT be doing business with him anyday.

" That's harsh." he placed his hand on his chest and feigned a look of hurt. I rolled my eyes and moved to close my door. So much for my excitement on this account, as far as I was concerned it was a done deal. He knudged his foot in the door and proceeded to follow behind me into my office as I walked to my desk. I took a seat and picked up the phone, completely ignoring him as he closed the door and took the seat across from me. " Who are you calling."

" The police." I paused and waited as the operator answered. Before I could make out a clear voice, I heard the click of the phone and saw that Justin had intercepted the call by hanging up. I sighed in frustration and hung up the receiver. I took a moment to just stare at him, hoping that he's at least sense that he had no way of getting through to me. I didn't have time for his bullshit, and he'd be kidding himself if he thought he could use his charm to sway me. I've never been with a man, never want to be, and whether he knew it or not he had no chance of using his appeal on me.

" Listen. I know you hate me for that pic or watever.."

" Whatever...that "pic" cost me a hell of a lot of embarassment and clients!"

" Come off it, you know you've got better business now than before." he sneered and I would have protested if it wasn't true. Yes the picture was a nightmare, but it did bring me fame, ill gotten fame, but my name was out there none the less. I lowered my eyes into slits, angered that he was able to make a valid point.

" What do you want." It should have been phrased as a question, but that would mean I really wanted to know.

" You to forgive me."

" When pigs fly."

" Your ruthless..." he chuckled to himself, but quickly turned serious. His eyes focused in on me as he leaned forward and placed his arms against the edge of my desk. I backed up a little, feeling the distance close in between us. Drawing in a breath, I waited for him to continue. he'd already been in my office for four minutes and some odd seconds, he had another minute before I pushed the security button underneath my desk. " Look, I want you to plan a listening party for my man JC."

" As in JC Chasez?" I kicked myself for being curious, but I was. I remember JC from 'NSYNC, he was actually my favorite and I thought he could sing better than Justin too. I should tell him that, see how fast it would wipe off the smile spreading across his face.

" Yeah..he's layed down a couple of tracks that I think some heavy producers should give a listen to." Kill me now, I know I'm interested. But the thought of working with Justin makes my skin crawl, the man is a thorn in my side. I knew he was back in NY, because his damn flunkies began flooding my office with daily visits and Belinda had been missing in action for the past week. When she gets like that I don't hawk her down, i know she's either with Justin or crying over him and I don't have the time or patience to deal with either. If it makes me a horrible friend, oh well. Like I said before, I have a strict rule, NO Justin Timberlake.

" Of all firms, why this one?" I know, its a surefire way to get a client to walk out, but in this case thats exactly what I want. I'm sure it's chance of a lifetime, but I'd rather wait on another one.

" I like you."

" Funny, the feeling is definitely not mutual." I sang, beginning to rummage through my papers, trying to pretend that his presence didn't bother me. I didn't like the way his eyes kept penetrating me everytime I looked at him, and that damn smile I wish he would just do away with it. What the hell is so gotdamn peachy that he feels a need to smile all the damn time? I was moving my hand to cover the button when his voice interrupted my thoughts.

" I'll pay you twice what you charge." my mouth dropped open and I momentarily gave in to the shock. I could rack up serious revenue, put my name even further out there and manage to boost my clientele list. Judging from his taste, Justin would have the place decked out with more than enough potential clients. All I would have to do is wow them with this party, and I'd be on their speend dial for the next. My mouth watered at the thought.

" I hate you."

" I didn't know you felt so strongly." He looked calm, like the bite of my words had no effect on him and for a moment I felt stupid. Then I remembered the fact that he was fucking Belinda while flaunting Cameron and my reasoning didn't seem so off. He was a bastard, whether he could get me business or not. It still doesn't change that I think he's a jackass.

" Now you do." I hissed and rubbed my temples. I closed my eyes and practiced breathing in. It was surreal that I was sitting in my office, having this conversation with Justin and even considering taking him up on his offer. " Why can't I work with JC?" When I opened my eyes I was taken aback by the storm clouds building in his own. I was being a bit harsh, but it still surprised me to see that he was getting angry.

" You know what Bryne. I'm trying to be professional..but fuck, what do you want from me?!" His eyebrows gathered together and his voice seemed to get louder. " What..what is it Bryne. I been apologizing to your stubborn ass for months now..what more do you want. I was lifted alright, high off my ass..I'm sorry." He pushed back into his chair and just glared towards me. My mouth now hung open in shock and I counted about forty seconds before I felt myself closing it. Lowering my eyes from him, I regained my composure and reached for the receiver of my phone. " What you wanna call the police now?" he shook his head and waited, watching as I dialed a number and cradled the phone in my receiver.

" Meek...call back the clubs I was supposed to see today and reschedule..." I looked up and waited for Justin to catch wind of the conversation. He perked up slightly, sitting up and shrugging. He mouthed the words tomorrow and I quickly glanced at my calendar. " for tomorrow, same time. If there are any problems,let me know." I hung up the phone and avoided eye contact, I didn't need to see one of him smiling like an idiot.

" Tomorrow at three." he didn't sound to happy as he moved to stand and I quickly glanced up to see he was in fact scowling. Serves him right, I grimaced inwardly.

" Yeah..if that works for you." I didn't care if he was upset, I've been pissed for sometime now. I didn't let my voice falter and I could tell it bothered him still that I wasn't letting my guard up. He just looked at me and shook his head, his anger filling the sigh that escaped his lips.

" Iight B...you got it."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: missionary oral celebrityj cheaterj triangles enemiesturnedlovers