His Pants

Present

Justin shook his head, stepping out of the way to let Nicole back into the house. “I told you not to do it.” closing the door behind her, and following her into the living room of the cottage.

Nicole shivered. “I didn’t think it would get so bad.” she defended. Rubbing her arms through the wet blouse. “It came out of nowhere.”

Justin only frowned at her.

They still hadn’t left the house. They had sat themselves down on the balcony outside the master bedroom and talked. Well, Nicole had talked and Justin had listened. He hadn’t realized how much she had been holding in the past couple of weeks. And he also hadn’t realize how much he missed listening to her talk about…life. Because when they got together, they truly talked about…everything.

“It was fun.” she paused. “Even if it was 10 minutes.”

Justin continued to frown. “You wont be saying that when your laying in bed with a cold.”

“I’ll be okay.” shivering once again.

The conversation they had going had come to a stop when Nicole had noticed a few kids playing frees bee with a dog. And Nicole loved dogs, especially big golden retrievers dogs. The kids had seen them up at the balcony and asked if they wanted to join in. Nicole had taken them up on the offer, Justin on the other hand decided against it.

“Lazy!” she had yelled up to him.

“Is there a problem with wanting to be lazy?” he yelled back down to her with a grin.

Any other day he would have agreed, he just wasn’t in the running around kind of mood.

Nicole had only been down there with the kids for fifteen minutes when the raindrops begin to hit the ground. That’s when Nicole’s mother instincts kicked in and she began to send all the kids home. And she walked all three of them back to their homes.

“They could have walked themselves back. Their houses are right next door.” Justin told her.
She gave him a frown. “I hope your this trusting when you have children of your own.” Sitting herself down on the old couch in the living room. It was the only piece of furniture that still sat in the house.

“Ha. So cute.” he replied sarcastically. “You need to get out of that clothes before you catch a cold.” The tone of his voice turning serious.

“I’ll be fine.” she stated, but quickly placed a hand to her mouth as she sneezed.

He gave her one of his looks. “You were saying?”

“I’m not getting out of these clothes when I have nothing else to put on.” she informed him, shivering once again.

“Oh c’mon. Its nothing I’ve never seen before.” a sly grin appearing on his lips.

She gave him a glare. “Don’t even-”

He chuckled. “Nic, I’m kidding.” he glanced out the window. “Just give me the car keys and I’ll drive us back-” reaching his hand out to her.

“Are you kidding? It’s not just a light drizzle. Its a storm.” shaking her head. “A heavy storm.”

“Your not going to be the one driving. I ‘am, so you have nothing to worry about.” he assured her. “Hand them over.” his hand still extended out to her.

She got up from the couch. “No. No, you driving will only make me more nervous. “ she reminded him. “Remember the last time you drove us in the rain-”

He shut his eyes. Thinking back. “Okay. Your right. I really don’t need to hear: ‘is that a car in front of you?’ or ‘Justin, are you sure you should be getting on that lane?’” he mocked in a panicked voice.

“Exactly.” she said, obviously oblivious to his mocking.

He chuckled. “Then I guess were staying here until it dies out.” reaching into his sweats pocket for his phone. “I’ll call Trace and ask him to check the weather for us.” Dialing the number.

It ranged once, twice, three times. Then it went dead. “Fuck.” he muttered under his breath. He dialed again. One ring, two rings, then it died. “Fuck.” he repeated. “Nic, where’s your phone?” he asked, shutting his and placing it back in his pocket.

She had her back to him, rubbing her palms up and down her arms, trying her best to get herself warmed up. “Its-” she paused. “Its in my car…” she said lamely, turning around to face him. “Charging. Or it was…”

“Good. Yours in the car and mine isn’t getting any service.” he informed her. He watched her shiver again. He forget about the phone problem and said instead. “Okay, you need to get out of that wet clothes. “

“Justin-”

“Nicole, your soaking wet.” he informed her. Gesturing for her to sit back down onto the couch. She didn’t argue.

“Justin.” she started again, sitting down and locking eyes with him. “I’ am. NOT. Getting. Naked.” Making sure she emphasized each word.

“Fine.” he said. “Then hand me the keys-”

“Were not driving in this storm!” she exclaimed.

“Its your decision. Either you get out of those clothes right now so you don’t get sick or you hand the keys to me so I can drive us back to the house and you can get out of them there so you don’t get sick. Either one you choose benefits you… “ he paused. “Then again, the first choice could benefit me…”

She slapped his arm gently.

“Ow!” he protested. Rubbing where she had just hit him. “I was just kidding.” letting out a small laugh.

She quickly covered her mouth again, before sneezing.

Justin furrowed his eyebrows. “Okay, I’m not kidding anymore. What’s it going to be? I don’t want you getting sick.”

She must have seen the worried look in his eyes. “I’ll be fine. Everyone gets colds.”

But the look in his eyes didn’t disappear. “I know that, but-” he stopped abruptly, as if lost in thought. After a few seconds he spoke up again. “My hoodie.”

“Excuse me?” giving him a raised eyebrow.

“I was wearing a hoodie, and I took it off. You can put that on while your clothes dries. And you can wear my sweats.”

She looked wide eyed at him and down to the pair of sweats he was wearing. “So… your going to walk around with only a shirt-”

“I have boxers underneath.” he said, getting up from the couch.

“What are you doing?” she called after him, watching him disappear into the kitchen.

He didn’t answer, instead he reappeared with the red hoodie in his hand.

“J-” she began to protest.

“Don’t. C’mon its all we have.” his tone serious. He met her gaze. “Your not getting sick okay?”

She shut her eyes for a second, and let out a sigh as she took the hoodie from his hand and stood right back up. “Fine. I’ll change.” Knowing better than to argue with him.

He smiled. “Thank you. Oh and, your taking everything off.” he reminded her, his smile growing wider.

She wrinkled her nose. “Fine.” she had the hoodie in one hand, then glanced back in his direction. “I need those.” she informed him, letting her eyes fall to the sweats he wore.

Justin wiggled his eyebrows at her as he took his phone out and sat it on the couch’s arm. He kicked his shoes off , then he untied the front strings of the pants, bend down slightly and pulled them down. He glanced back up at her, a grin on his face.

She made a face at him, once he had completely slipped them off, and tossed them in her direction. “Thanks.” she said, catching them.

“Your welcome.”

He know stood in his t-shirt and black boxers. She couldn’t help but smirk at the sight of him.

“See something you like?” he asked teasingly.

“No. Just something amusing.” she retorted, placing the dry clothes on the couch.

Justin glared.

She didn’t say anything else, instead she began to unbutton the front of her blouse, but then stopped. “Uh, do you mind?” she asked, looking back at Justin.

Justin shook his head. “No. Go ahead.” he answered calmly, his arms folded across his chest.

“Justin Randall Timberl-”

“What?! I let you watch!” he said exasperated.

“Its not the same.” she told him. “You weren’t getting completely naked.”

“I’ve seen you naked plenty of times before. Hell you’ve walked around my house naked. Made me breakfast nak-”

“Its different.” interrupting him. “You don’t get to look.” making a gesture with her finger for him to turn around.

“Oh. I see. Its okay for whatever weirdo is out there to look, but not okay for me.” he said sarcastically, nodding in the direction of the open windows.

“I’ll go change in the hallway.” reaching for the clothes . She was halfway to the hallway, when she stopped and glanced back at Justin. It was beginning to get dark outside, and the only light the house had was in the kitchen.

Justin rolled his eyes. “I’ll go with you.” he offered. “You scary cat.” he gently teased. He walked right behind her, stopping after a few feet. He turned to face her. “Go ahead.”

She opened her mouth.

But Justin beat her to it. “I know. I don’t get to look. I’m turning around.” Turning his back to her.

“Thank you.” she said gratefully.

Justin didn’t say another word. Instead he focus his attention on the wall in front of him as he heard her move behind him. It was pretty hard to concentrate on the wall, when she was right behind him, getting undressed… What man could concentrate on a wall, when there was a beautiful woman getting naked behind him?

“Crap.” he heard her mumble.

“What?” he asked.

“Um…”

“What is it?” he asked her. “Is it safe for me to turn around?” he said sarcastically.

“Yes. I haven’t even changed yet.” she said lamely.

He looked over his shoulder at her. “What the hell where you doing?” Looking her up and down. Yep, she hadn’t changed yet.

She gave him a small smile. “Can you hold these?”

“Seriously. What were you doing before?”

“Trying to figure out how to change without placing the sweats and hoodie on the floor.” she answered sheepishly. “These aren’t necessarily the cleanest floors.”

“Women.” he mumbled, grabbing the sweats and hoodie from her.

Nicole ignored his last comment. “Thanks.” she said instead, then quickly turned her head to the opposite direction as she sneezed for what seemed the hundredth time.

Justin turned his back on her once again. “Just get out of those clothes.” he ordered. He couldn’t help himself, he worried about her. With her, a cold could last weeks, even months, it wasn’t something new.

“What every girl would love to hear you say to them…“ she teased. “And will you stop worrying so much.” she told him, reading his mind. “I’m changing now.” she informed him.

“Good.”

It was quiet again. But he could feel her move behind him. He swallowed, trying to get the image of Nicole standing there naked. “Remember Jessica…” a voice in the back of his head reminded him.

“Oh my god.” he heard her gasp. “Its freezing!” she exclaimed. “Can I have the hoodie?” she asked him.

He felt her move closer behind him. Justin’s hand moved behind his back holding the hoodie. “Here.” he said, moving the hoodie around behind him. He laughed.

“Will you stop that! Its freezing and I’m standing in only a bra and wet jeans.” she informed him. Finally, she snapped it from his grasp.

“You in a bra. That’s an image.” he half-teased.

“Ha ha. You don’t have to be mean about it.” she mumbled under her breath.

Before he realized it, he glanced over his shoulder at her. “That’s not what I…” he stopped. She wasn’t kidding. She was standing there in a bra. A white bra. It was dark, but not dark enough that Justin couldn’t make out her figure. Damn. She looked good. Just like he remembered her. It had been awhile since he had seen her that way.

Nicole only gave him a smirk as she pulled the hoodie over her head.

“Your not going to freak out on me for turning around?” he asked her, wanting to say something to distract himself from the image of her in his head. He turned his head back to the wall.

“What do you want me to say? “ came her muffled voice.

He didn’t have a comeback. He hadn’t meant to peek. Somehow he couldn’t bring himself to tell her that. Instead he waited a few seconds before speaking up again. “Ready for the pants yet?”

Nicole answered by reaching her hand over his shoulder, wiggling her fingers. “Yes.” she answered. “But if you turn around now, I swear I’ll hurt you.” she threaten.

Justin felt a smile tug on his lips as he handed her his pants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Nothing.” Justin mumbled under his breath , closing his cell phone shut again. “How the hell can there be no service?” He asked out loud, glancing down at Nicole who sat on the end of the couch in his sweats and hoodie. She sat with her knees brought up to her chin. “Piece of shit.”

Nicole glanced back out the window The rain had no let up. In fact it seemed to be getting stronger. “If yours is a piece of shit can you imagine what mine is?” she asked out loud. She rubbed her cheek with the sleeve of the hoodie and gave him an amused look. “I mean you’ve spent some major money on your phone and if that’s a piece of shit, then-”

“You think this is funny?” Justin interrupted with a glare.

She gave him a nod. “No, not funny. Just amusing. I mean what’s the point of spending so much money on a phone if its not going to give you service in emergencies?” mumbling the last part.

He shut his eyes for a second and sigh. “Nicole, this is not the time.”

“Okay, so I’ll just sit back and watch you get all mad and frustrated.” she hesitated. “I have a feeling were going to be here for awhile. So I suggest you put down the phone before you hurt it.” giving him a wrinkle of her nose.

He let out a small grunt, but did what she suggested. He handed her the phone. She smiled as she took it from him and slipped it back into the pocket of his sweats.

“How long do you think it will last?” he asked her, sitting himself down next to her.

Nicole brought her knees down, and crossed them Indian style. “Your guess is as good as mine.”

“I could-”

“You could what?” she saw the look he was giving her. Letting out a small laugh she said. “No. J, its too dangerous out there. Sorry, but your stuck here with me.”

“I’m not a crazy driver.” he informed her with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

She tugged on the sleeves of the hoodie. “I thought you said you were free for the day?” raising her eyebrow at him. “What’s the big deal?”

Justin rested his head back on the couch. “I had plans with Jessica.” he murmured. “We had a movie date.” shutting his eyes .

“Oh.” Nicole said. “I’m sorry, if I would have known, I would not have-”

He opened his eyes and lifted his head up, so he was looking at her again. “This isn’t your fault. I offered to come along remember?” he paused. “I just wish I could contact her and let her know what’s going on and not make it look like I stood her up.” he explained.

The room was quiet, except for the heavy raindrops hitting the rooftop.

After a minute or so, Nicole broke the silence as she reached for her car keys. “Here.” she said, jingling them lightly. He opened his mouth. “Take them before I change my mind.” she ordered him with smile.

“You sure?” he asked.

She nodded. “Yeah. I mean its not so far right? Besides the idea of staying here at night isn’t very appealing.” He reached for them, but Nicole quickly pulled her hand away. “But if it gets worse your stopping right?”

Justin placed his hand over his left peck and lightly made gesture of a cross over it. “Promise.”

She gave him a smile. “Okay.” handing him back the keys. “C’mon.”

“Fuck.” he mumbled, glancing down at himself as if realizing for the first time he was still in his boxers.

She snickered. “Do you want to go home or not?”

“At least its dark outside.” He reasoned out loud as he got up from the couch. Nicole followed his lead.

“My clothes.” she reminded him. After she had changed, she had taken the wet clothes and spread it in one of the bathrooms.

“You go get them and I’ll bring the car around, that way you wont get any more wet.” he suggested.

“Okay.” Making her way toward the bathroom.

Justin watched her disappear down the now lit hallway. Earlier, she had made him go around the house and turn on as many lights as possible. Which hadn’t been easy seeing that the only rooms with true light fixtures were the kitchen and the hallway she had just disappear into.

He shook his head. She had always been afraid of the dark. It was sometime annoying because she never liked going into dark rooms alone, but it also had its moments. He and Trace had gotten some good laughs at her expense.

A small chuckle left his lips as he thought about the tricks they had played on her in the past, as he made his way to the front door of the house. But before he got to the door, everything went dark. Completely dark. He looked over his shoulder. “Damn.”

The hallway was now dark, and the light that came from the kitchen was no longer on.

“Nicky?!” he yelled out.

“What just happened?” she called back out to him.

He heard a light squeal leave her lips at the same time as the thunder.

He shook his head and chuckled. “You okay?!”

“I will be as soon as you come and find me!”

“Oh c’mon Nicole. Its just a little thunder.” he called out, blindly feeling his way toward her direction in the dark.

“This is not funny!” she yelled.

“I’m not laughing.” he said defensively.

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Do you want to me to find you or not?” he shot back.

“Yes.” came her respond.

He made his way into the bathroom where she was at. He smiled in the dark to himself. He was going to have a little fun with her.

“J?” she said out loud. He quietly took a step closer to her. He couldn’t see her, but he somehow sense she was only a few inches away. “Justin? This is not the time for you to play your stupid games.” Her voice barely a low whisper. He felt her move uncomfortably in front of him. “I’m not kidding.”

As quietly as possible he took a step behind her. He didn’t need to touch or see her to know she was shaking in her boots.

“I know your in here. I can hear you breathing.” she accused him.

He knew he shouldn’t, but it was too perfect not to do it. Before she had the chance to move farther away from him, he reached out for her from behind, and whispered in her ear. “Boo!”

He felt her turn around in his direction and let out a scream at the same time. Justin busted out laughing. “Too easy. Way too easy.”

“You are such an ass.” he heard her say once she had caught her breath. “Get out of my way.” she told him, trying to push past him in the dark.

He somehow found her arm in the dark. “Okay. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that.“ His laughter subsiding.

“Bullshit.” wrestling to get free from his grip. “Let go.” she demanded.

“Where are you going?” he asked her, stepping closer to her. He was positive he was looking down at her.

“Getting out of the bathroom.”

“C’mon Nic.” he said.

“That was not funny.” Stopping her struggle to get away from him. At least for a brief moment.

He gave a nod even though she couldn’t see him. “No. No, it was funny.” he said with a grin.

Once again, she fought with him to get free. “Ass. Justin. Ass.” she repeated.
He chuckled to himself and before thinking twice, he pulled her to him. “I’m sorry.” he said sincerely. “Really. But your such an easy target.” he said truthfully, glancing blindly down at her. If he closed his eyes, he could picture her looking up at him with fire in her eyes, her eyebrows furrowed. Her cheeks flushed with anger…

“That’s great to know.” she said dryly. “Maybe I should just-” but she stopped mid-sentence and Justin felt her jump and give a small squeak as more thunder cried outside the house.

“Whoa, its okay.” Justin said to her in a soothing voice, and his arms absently wrapped around her waist. For a minute neither one said a word, the only movement being made was Justin’s hand gently rubbing the small of Nicole back.

Before Justin had the chance to realize how close they were standing, he felt Nicole jumped again at the same time as the thunder. Her hand gripped one of his wrist. “This is ridiculous.” she mumbled.

Justin swallowed, they were close, very close. They hadn’t been close like they were at that moment for months now. “She smells so good.” a voice in the back of his head seemed to remind him.

Justin moved his arms away from her, glad for the darkness. He rubbed a hand over his head. Trying to come up with an explanation in his head on how his arms had made their way around her waist. And why he loved the way she smelled.

Finally he spoke up. “Were not going anywhere now are we?” he asked her in the dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Justin had predicted right. Two-thirty in the morning and they were still stranded in the house. And it was still raining hard. And the house was still with no power.

And Nicole was sound asleep on the couch while Justin laid next to her wide awake. She was cuddled into his body. Her back snug against him, which was the main reason why he couldn’t seem to fall asleep…

He knew she hadn’t done it on purpose, because when she fallen asleep, it had been sitting down, but it had been Justin who had suggested they both fit on the couch laying down… What the hell had he been thinking? Now he laid with her, one , arm looped around her waist, listening to her breath in and out soundly.

An image of them laying in bed in the same position, but only naked ran through his head.

It had been months since he had thought about her in a physical way. What the hell was he thinking? Of course it had been months. He had a girlfriend now. Nicole was his friend and nothing more.

He felt her roll slightly onto her back, Justin should have moved his arm, but he didn’t. Instead he found himself absently move in closer into her. How had they ended in that position anyway? When Justin had suggested they both lay on the couch, they had laid with their backs against each other, and now he had her so close, he could literally hear the beat of her heart.

It was a small couch.

“Apparently, smaller than I thought.” he thought to himself.

Having her so near at that moment had somehow triggered all those memories they had. Memories that neither one shared or talked about with anyone else. It was only memories, nothing more. Vivid memories.

She moved once again, nestling one side of her face between his shoulder and chest. He knew better than to allow himself to stay in that position. But something kept him from moving away. Instead he found himself relaxing with her in his arms.

He stifled a yawn, then absently nestled himself closer to her. He was sleepy, that was all… nothing more.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers