Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok ok so i know i'm not supposed to start a new story but here is something i've been working on for a while, and thanks to tiffany who gave me the ideas and the wiaver to write this.
He could not believe his eyes, and the more he looked on, the more he could feel his heart expanding. He smiled as she walked towards him, and planted the softest of kisses in his lower lip. He felt himself tremble as he kissed her back, letting her take him into her passion.
“When will I see you again?” she asked softly under his breath and he sighed as he pushed a hand through her tangled hair.
“I don’t know;” he replied truthfully, “Let’s not think about that now.” But she now sighed and pulled away from him, looking into his eyes. Her own eyes filled with tears.
“I can’t go on like this,” she whispered, managing to look away from him and down at her own feet. He smiled softly to her, and gently pulled her to him, but she refused.
“We’ll figure something out,” he said as he tried to comfort her, but she shook her head.
“That’s what we’ve been doing for all these years,” she whispered back, and looked up at him with teary eyes. “How many more years will it be?”
“I don’t know,” he said rubbing the back of his neck. “He’s like a brother to me; I can’t betray him like that.”
“But you already are,” she said; now crying ever so softly and he nodded.
“I know, but telling him will be different,” he replied, “Things won’t be the same.”
“Things have already changed,” she replied and leaned forward to give him a teary kiss. “I’m sorry but this is all too much for me.” He nodded as he watched her give him one final kiss, and walk out of his life for a long time to come.

Every time he touched her she would shiver and try not to cry. Her mind filled with images of his friend, the friend who she had, slowly but surely, fallen in love with.
“Baby, you’re not yourself tonight,” Justin observed as he watched his fiancée brush her damp hair in the mirror. She shrugged and turned to face him, placing a fake smile on her lips.
“I’m just tired,” she said softly and continued to brush her hair as Justin watched her.
“Really? What did you do today?” Justin asked getting up and wrapping his arms around her waist, as he gently kissed her neck.
“Just the usual,” she said softly and turned to face him. “Wade wanted us to do rehearsals for the show tomorrow night.” Justin raised an eyebrow at her in question.
“He did?” he asked with skeptisim, “Why didn’t he call us?”
“He said he just wanted to work with the dancers,” she lied and kissed him on the lips. He seemed to accept this and kissed her back hungrily, tugging on her waist softly, gesturing for her to come to the bed with him.
She smiled at him, and even though she felt guilty for it, she let him place her softly on the bed underneath him. He leaned forward and kissed her lips tenderly, placing his hands gently on the edge of her towel. He slowly removed it, and she let him. Then he looked down on her and smiled.
“You know how much I love you right?” Justin asked her and she nodded meekly. He grinned and proceeded to place the smallest of affectionate kisses down her neck and collar bone. “I would never do anything to hurt you.”
“I know,” she whispered back, closing her eyes and liking the touch of his hands on her body. “I would never hurt you too.”
Justin looked up to her and smiled, not knowing how untrue her last words were.

He had never known true love, well not this kind. He’d always thought that when he’d find it he’d know. But now, as he sat here, on the tattered old chair, looking down at the beach, he wondered.
He wondered if this really was true love, had he found something real. And when he’d finally been able to answer that question, yes he was in love. Things had managed to slip right through his fingers.
Yes, she wasn’t really his, but she sure felt like it. Every time they were together he felt her smile, her warmth and everything else. He could feel her like she could him. Even if they were a million miles apart.
He sighed and leaned back on his chair, closing his eyes, trying not to think of how much damage this relationship could have caused. Maybe it was for the best that she’d left the way she did. He sighed and shook his head, and just about then his phone rang.
He knew who it was from the ring tone, that little tune that she’d picked out especially. They’d spent hours of her playing with the phone so she could set the tune. It was music to his ears every time he heard it.
“I thought you’d forgotten about me,” he said in that pure southern charm that made every one fall in love with him.
“I thought so too,” she whispered from the other end.
“So what made you remember?” he asked sitting up and giving her an unseen raised eyebrow in question.
“Something happened,” she began and he could hear the fear in her voice, even though she tried to hide it.
“What’s wrong?’ he asked with concern, and he heard her sigh.
“I can’t talk about it over the phone,” she replied softly, as if someone was listening in. “Can I meet you somewhere?’
“You know my room number,” he offered, and he knew she was nodding.
“Okay,” she replied, but with a bit of hesitation. “I’ll see you in a bit.”
“In a bit,” he repeated and smiled.
“Bye,” she replied and before he could reply she hung up.
“Bye,” he said into the empty phone and began to wait.

She was usually never this nervous with him, but sitting here in the silence of the room she had begun to quiver.
“So…” he began, unsure of what to say and she tried unsuccessfully to smile at him.
“So...” she countered, and he nodded.
“What happened?” he asked softly, and placed a hand on her knee, she smiled at the warmth of his hand.
“Things have gotten more complicated than we thought,” she whispered wondering how to tell him.
“Did you tell him?” he asked and she shook her head. “Then what?’
“I found out some interesting news this morning,” she said quietly, trying not to look at him but he made it hard for her.
“What news?” he asked, now his own curiosity growing.
She finally managed to look at him and smiled weakly, “We’re going to have a baby.”

He sat there, frozen in time, everything not moving. His mind iced over with fear, fear that he could not even begin to explain even if you asked him to.
“Are you sure?” Were the first things he managed to ask, he looked at her and she glanced down at her feet. The tears in her eyes evident, but she didn’t answer him. “Is it his or mine?” he asked again, and still she remained silent. “Tiff?”
“I…” she began, but stopped short as she began to weep. “Lance I’m sorry.”
He sighed because he did not know what else to do. He smiled halfly, and unsurely, and moved to wrap an arm around her.
“It’s okay,” he whispered into her ear, but she shook her head.
“No it’s not,” she hushed through the floods. “I’ve made such a mess of everyone’s life. Yours, mine and his.”
“No you didn’t,” he replied trying to calm her, but for some reason, even though he wanted to believe his own words, he couldn’t. She continued to nod furiously and got up carefully so that she didn’t fall.
“I did, and please don’t try and convince me other wise,” she whispered, he looked at her with concern flashing in his green eyes.
“Have you told him yet?’ he asked quietly and she shook her head, as new tears began to fall.
“No,” she said slowly, “I wanted to tell you first.”
“Then you better go tell him,” he said with a nod and glancing away from her.
“Okay,” she said and waited for him to look at her but he didn’t. He kept his eyes down cast at his feet until he heard the door close softly behind her, then he knew she was gone and began to silently weep.

Justin blinked. He blinked once, twice, and one more time for good measure. He stood there watching her lips move in speech, but not hearing a word she spoke.
After the words “I’m pregnant” were uttered into the room, his entire mind went blank. Unable to register one thing that she had said afterwards.
“Justin?” he snapped out of his trance, and managed to hear her last words as he forced himself to smile.
“Yeah?” he asked her, not noticing the tears that fell from her eyes.
“Are you okay with all this?” she asked sheepishly and he nodded, knowing that was the response she wanted.
“Of course baby why wouldn’t I be?” he asked and pulled her to him.
“Oh, because I just thought…” she began but he cut her off.
“It’s okay Tiff,” he said with a smile, “It just means we have to push the wedding up a bit that’s all.” She looked at him in shock, her blue eyes filled with question.
“Push it up?” she asked, her voice rising in what he presumed to be excitement.
“Sure,” he said softly because the more he thought about it, the more he got comfortable with the idea of being a father.
“Um, okay then,” she replied with a weak smile, not wanting to fight with him. He smiled at her, and leaned forward, kissing her softly on the lips. They were going to make one beautiful family.

She was very confused by Justin’s reaction to what she’d just said. But when he suggested moving up their wedding, her mind raced but her heart fell. It meant that he hadn’t heard a word of what she’d said.
She sighed at this revelation and got up slowly form the bed. She walked out onto the balcony and looked out to the sea. It was dark, and you could hardly see anything but the moon and the glistening of the water. But for her she saw only one thing.
A balcony away, he was there. Sitting alone, watching the sea and the night pass by him. His eyes were glazed over with something she could not quite place.
“How did he take it?” she jumped, not expecting him to notice her there but did not smile.
“He’s very happy,” she said trying to hide the tears that were forming.
“I’m happy for him,” he said, she could hear tears in his own voice.
“Really?” she asked and saw him nod.
“Of course, after all he is my brother,” he replied with a hint of sadness. “And I’m happy for you too.”
“Why?” she whispered and he looked at her.
“Why not?” he countered back, “Because I love you.”
“I know you do. But me and Justin…” she whispered, letting the tears come slowly.
“I know,” he finished, because he understood her woes.
“No you don’t,” she said, the sobs becoming louder. “Me and Justin, we’re not in this for the same reasons.” She stole a look at him and saw his eyes flicker with change.
“What do you mean?” he asked, now getting up and walking towards her.
“I told him about us,” she sobbed, now on her knees in tears. His face feared with panic.
“You what?” he asked, a hint of anger taking over his voice. “Why?”
“But I don’t think he really heard me,” she answered continuing to cry, and he breathed a sigh of relief.
“That’s good to know,” he said quietly and she looked up at him.
“What do you mean? I don’t want to be with him, I want to be with you,” she said quietly, and he nodded.
“I know you do. But he’s my brother, and that is something I can’t change nor want to,” he replied walking back into the room, leaving her out on the balcony alone. Her heart breaking like shattered glass.

“She’s what?” Joey looked at him with bemused eyes as he repeated the events that had lately befallen him.
“She’s pregnant Joey,” he whispered just above a voice audible to his friend.
“Are you sure it’s yours?” Joey asked sitting down next to him and looking at his friend intensely.
He sighed and shook his head, running a hand through his hair. “I don’t know. I don’t know anything as much as she told me, for all I know it could be J’s.”
“Damn,” Joey said and took a breath out, “I told you not to sleep with J’s girl, but you refused to listen.”
“Tiff is a nice girl,” he said taking a deep breath in and closing his eyes.
“I know she is,” Joey said nodding and placing a hand on his friend’s shoulder, “I’m not disputing that fact, what I’m disputing is the fact that you slept with her even though you knew the situation.”
“I couldn’t help the way I feel about her,” he hissed under his breath. Even though Joey was telling him the truth, and he shouldn’t have fought with it, it was a reflex.
“I know man,” Joey replied knowing his treaded in hot water with his friend. “But it’s the truth.”
“I know okay?” he snapped. “And I feel like shit about the fact that she’s with J and I betrayed him like that, but what can I do?”
“You have to stop seeing her,” Joey reasoned, but all his answer did receive was a glare.
“What? And what about the baby? It needs a father too you know,” he replied in a shaky voice and Joey nodded.
“Yeah, and it will have a father, J. But what about J have you even thought about that? What if he finds out then what? How will you explain this to him? He’ll hate you forever and maybe then you might never get to see this kid. At least this way you’ll see the kid even if it doesn’t know you’re the father,” Joey replied looking at him. “I know you want this baby to know the truth, but the truth may not be the best.”
“Yeah I know,” he replied with a nod. “I don’t want J to hate me if this ever got out.” He sighed and shook his head.
“So what are you going to do Lance?” Joey asked him and he shrugged.
“I don’t know,” he whispered and looked down at his shoes. “I guess I’m just going to have to take you advice, aren’t I?”

“Whoa back up man, are you serious?” Trace looked at his friend in shock. Justin nodded and smiled weakly.
“Yeah, she told me last night,” Justin replied taking out a breath of air, “And hence the push up of the wedding.”
“Man that’s cool,” Trace replied and hugged his friend. Justin smiled weakly, hugging his friend back knowing he could count on him for support.
“Thanks,” Justin said catching his breath and nodding.
“So when did you guys decide to tie the knot?” Trace asked looking at Justin with a smile and Justin shrugged.
“I dunno,” he replied as he walked across the room trying to still get his brain wrapped around the idea. “But now that she’s going to have a baby, she’s stopping with the tour so maybe in about a month or so.” He heard Trace take a deep breath in.
“Does Wade know about that? And Johnny?” Trace asked knowing that both the manager and choreographer would not be happy with the change to tour plans, because finding a dancer at this stage of the tour was impossible.
“I’m, I mean, we’re planning on telling them today as well as the other guys,” Justin said now finally stopping his pacing and sitting down. “Jayce is gonna blow a fuse.”
“I can imagine, loosing his dance partner like that,” Trace agreed nodding, “But he’ll understand, in fact I bet he won’t even think about it. He’ll be very happy, as will the others.”
Chapter End Notes:
Please review and let me know wat u think!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin lance