Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a short chapter.  :)
    JC was pacing the length of the deck when Chris returned.  Chris decided to dive right in.  They were both too tired to spend time beating around the bush.
    "Jace, I know for a fact Jess is not mad at you.  You know she loved doing that video with us.  She's strong, she's going to come through this just fine."
    "How do you know, Chris?  How do you know she'll be fine?"
    "JC, how long have you known Jess?"
    "I don't know, twelve, maybe thirteen years?"
    "And in all that time, haven't you learned that she's strong?  Haven't you seen her go through a lot of challenges?  Hasn't she always been there for you to lean on when you needed her?"
    "Yeah, she's been one of my closest friends, one person I knew I could count on."  JC stopped and took a breath.  He got a determined look on his face.  "You're right, she is strong.  She's my tough girl and she's gonna be OK."
    "Yeah, she will.  Now it's your turn to let her lean on you.  You get to support her and be the one believing in her.  You catch her when she falls and lend her your strength.  That's what being friends is all about."
    JC looked gravely at Chris, understanding dawning on his face.  "I don't believe it," he said.  "You've gone and fallen in love with her."
    Chris smiled sheepishly at him, "How could I help it?"
    "Does she know?"  JC turned into the overprotective big brother in a split second.
    "I haven't told her, if that's what you're asking.  She's got a lot on her plate right now, and I don't want to overwhelm her.  I plan on taking things nice and slow."
    "Slow is good.  Slow is very good."  JC paused and shook his head.  "Great, one of my best friends is in love with one of my other best friends.  I just know I'm going to be caught in the middle somehow."  
    Chris yawned.  "Look, JC, Jess didn't want me to leave her alone tonight.  Why don't you come and crash with us?  You can have the second bed, I'll sleep on an air mattress on the floor."
    JC thought about it for a minute.  "OK, sure."
    The two men collected up the mugs, tray and Jess's shoes and headed into the house.  
    When they were just outside of Chris's room, they heard Jess moaning in her sleep.  They rushed in, and saw her thrashing on the bed.  Chris sat down beside her and ducked her swinging hands.  He grasped one of her hands in his and stroked her fingers, he whispering softly in her ear.  "Shh, honey, it's just a dream.  You're not alone.  JC and I won't let anything happen to you."
She quieted down, and Chris released her fingers.  As he got off the bed, she squirmed.   "No, don't go."  Her voice was pleading.
    Chris looked at JC and shrugged his shoulders, waiting for the younger man's approval.  
    JC sighed.  "You'd best plan on sleeping on top of the sheets, my man."  Again his overprotective side came out.    "She needs you, just don't hurt her, OK?"
    Chris nodded, stripped down to his T shirt and boxers and crawled into bed with Jess.  He paused to show JC that he was indeed on top of the sheets, and then pulled the blankets around himself and Jess.  
    JC got himself ready for bed and turned in.  He fell asleep fairly quickly.  Chris on the other hand took longer to fall asleep.  When he had gotten into bed, Jess had curled up into him.  Her head was on his shoulder.  He absently ran his fingers through her hair and listened to her steady breathing.  He turned his head slightly so that he could place a kiss on her forehead, then he closed his eyes.

Chapter End Notes:
  


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: celebritysync jc chris