Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading!

I woke up to see my four-year-old daughter Hailey jumping on my bed. I lifted my head up and saw her smiling face and laughed slightly before throwing my head back into the pillow, “Mommy wake up” she giggled as she began to shake me

“It’s too early, mommy needs sleep” I said although I knew that wouldn’t work. I sat up and pulled her into my arms, “Why are you up so early?”

“I’m not”

“What time is it?”

She looked over at the digital clock next to the bed post, “7-4-7”

Damn it is late, especially for her. I laughed as I got out of bed with her in my arms, “Where’s your brother?” she shrugged, “What do you mean you don’t know?” she giggled and then pointed to her brother, my two year old son, Jacob, who was sitting on my bedroom floor hiding behind his teddy bear, Mr. Wimples. , “Oh I don’t know where Jacob is, but I see Mr. Wimples” I said as I picked up the bear and my son along with it, “Oh there he is” I said as I heard him giggle and fell onto the bed with him in my arms, his blond curls bouncing in different directions as he fell. He looks just like his father; he’s like a clone.

“Mommy we’re hungry” Hailey said as she pulled my arm to get up

“OK me too, what do we want? Pancakes?”

Hailey nodded her head as I grabbed my glasses from the nightstand, “When’s daddy comin’ home?”

“I don’t know sweetie, soon I think”

“But I want him to come home now”

“Me too… me too” I said and then quickly grabbed onto her as I walked out of the room, “So who wants chocolate chips?”

I started to cook the pancakes while I let Hailey set the table, or put the plates in any order she wants. Jacob sat down playing with the napkins when I heard the door open. Who’s here so early? Justin’s mother said she might stop by but this is pretty early, “Who’s that?” I asked as I heard bags falling onto the ground. I saw Justin walk into the doorway and he had a slight smile on his face. Like he was happy to be there, but scared of what I would say or do… like I wouldn’t be happy to see him?

“Daddy!!!” Hailey yelled as she went running into his arms.
He picked her up and held her tightly in his arms, “Baby girl, I missed you so much” He kissed her and then put her down, “Jacob, come here Jake” he said as he walked over to Jacob and he gave Justin a weird look and then looked up at me, it’s like Jacob’s afraid of him or something, “Jacob man, come here and see Daddy”

Jacob stood up and came running to me, “Mommy” he screamed as he grabbed onto my legs tightly, tears streaming from his icy blue eyes,

“Mommy”

“What’s the matter baby?” I laughed slightly as I picked him up in my arms, “That’s daddy silly, you know daddy:”

“Mommy” he cried, as I hugged him tightly

“Baby you’re fine” I smiled as I looked over at Justin whose smile has faded off his face; he was a little upset now, that his own son doesn’t remember him. But it’s true, that’s what he gets for not ever being home. , “Go see daddy”

“Noooooooooo!” he screamed

“Alright, alright, calm down” I said as I sat him down on the counter next to me, “What are you doing here?”

“I had to come home and see you guys,” he said as he walked over to me and kissed me gently. No matter how hard I wanted to be mad at him I couldn’t, I miss him so much and finally he’s here, standing in front of me… about damn time.

“How long?” I asked as I fell into his arms, and it felt so good, I had forgotten how good it feels.

“The weekend” he said and then kissed my forehead, “Damn I missed you so much”

I smiled and then wiped the tear I felt falling down my face. I rested my head in his chest and then smelt the pancakes burning, “You want pancakes?” I asked with a slight chuckle as I stepped out of his arms

“Yeah” he smiled and then sat down next to Hailey at the table, “So what’s been up with you Ms. Hailey?” he asked as he ran his hands through her dirty blond locks

“I drew you a picture daddy, I’ma go get it” she said as she ran out of the kitchen to get the picture she had drawn awhile ago, she saved it close to the door for when he came back, she misses him so much, she talks about him every damn day, all day.

“And what about you Jacob? Where’s Mr. Wimples?” Jacob sat down with his arms crossed, making a weird face with his lips sticking out, “Oh there he is” Justin laughed as he grabbed the bear, he’s really trying hard to get his son’s approval… that’s really sad that he has to try this hard, “Is this Mr. Wimples?” Jacob nodded his head, “Mr. Wimples nice to meet you” Justin said as he shook the bear’s hand, “I’m Jacob’s daddy, what’s going on?” he looked over at me and I smiled, “Not too much Jacob’s daddy” he said as he mimicked a bear’s voice. Jacob giggled and Justin let out a sigh of relief and picked him up in his arms, “I saw a smile, you cracked a smile” Justin laughed as he held him close as Jacob giggled. Hailey came back and sat next to Justin, shoving the picture into his face. I grabbed the plate of pancakes and sat down at the table. We were all there. The whole family. For once we actually looked like a family. This is how it’s supposed to be.


******

I didn’t realize how much I missed Kimberly’s pancakes until they were sitting in front of me. I swear she puts some special ingredient in them that no one else does. She always thinks its funny that I talk about them all the time, but seriously they are the best pancakes ever, and I never even liked pancakes before I met her. We met in the ER, she’s a nurse and she took care of me when I broke my foot, one of the times I broke my foot.

I remember sitting there in the ER room, they rushed me into a room right away because I’m a ‘celebrity’ and I can’t wait in a public area. Although that celebrity title that I hate so much didn’t do me any favors when it came to waiting to get help. I was sitting in that damn room for what seemed like hours feeling like my foot wasn’t even attached to my body anymore. Uh… it hurts just to think about it. But then she walked in… and I suddenly couldn’t feel the pain anymore. She smiled and walked right up to me, “Hi, Kimberly Adams” she said as she held out a hand for me to shake

“Justin Timberlake” I smiled, trying to hide the fact that I was in so much pain, or at least not act like such a wimp in front of her

“So we need to get you into some x-rays Mr. Timberlake, how’s the pain doing?”

“Oh it’s fine, I’m fine… call me Justin” I said and then heard Lonnie, my security guard laugh, probably because I had been complaining to him about how much it hurt for the past hour before she came in

“OK Justin” she smiled again as she helped me into a wheelchair, “So how’d this happen?”

“I was dancing” I nodded my head as I smiled, trying to hide the embarrassment I knew was covering my face

“Dancing” she repeated and laughed slightly, the first time I heard her laugh, which was the second I fell in love with her, that’s the exact second I knew she would be the girl I was going to marry.

“What’s so funny about that?” I asked with a chuckle

“Nothing” she laughed, “I’m not laughing at you I’m laughing with you”

“Oh… ok” I laughed as she rolled me into the x-ray room, “So let me ask you something, how come I get rushed into a private room, but still have to wait for hours for you to come in and help me?”

“Oh I’m sorry would you like me to skip the other people that just got in car accidents and could be bleeding internally for someone that fell while…” she paused and chuckled slightly, “dancing?” she said sarcastically and I saw that smug smile on her face

I laughed slightly, “Well obviously, I just thought if I get the deluxe suite I get the deluxe treatment”

“Sorry bud” she smiled, “If that confuses you I can arrange for you to be away from the deluxe suite”

“No… no that’s good, I’m straight”

“Ok, if you change your mind just let me know and I’ll be able to arrange it” she smiled as she helped me up on the x-ray table, “Now smile for the camera Stomp”

“Stomp?” I laughed as the x-ray went off, “That’s wrong, that’s wrong”

She laughed again as she helped me off the table, “I’m just messing with you”

“Of course, it’s cool. So you think it’s broken?”

“I think it’s fractured” she said as she rolled me back into the room, “I think you’ll be able to handle it tough guy, maybe you’ll have to just chill on the dancing for a little while”

“It’s not that easy” I smiled and she left me alone in the room. As she was gone I was trying to think of some way to get her number or something. There was no way I could let this girl just walk out of my life forever.

“Just fractured” she said as she came back into the room with the clipboard in hand, “You should be fine, just stay off it for like a week. But if it’s not feeling better don’t try and go on it or anything, like if it hurts give it more time” she smiled and looked right into my eyes, “And you’re all set” she said as she finished wrapping up my foot

“That’s it?”

“That’s it” she smiled, “That means no dancing Stomp, or you’ll be back here in a couple more days with it broken”

“That’s an order huh?” I smiled

“Oh yes, it sure is”

“So if it hurts or something I should just call you?”

“Yeah just call the hospital and they’ll help you”

“What if you’re not working? Do you have like a cell phone or something so I could get in touch with you?”

She laughed slightly and dropped the clipboard to her sides, “You want my cell phone number?”

“Well you know, in case something goes wrong and I need to call for some help”

“You can call the hospital” she smiled, “Believe it or not I’m not the only one that knows what they’re doing here”

“Yeah but I mean, I’m already comfortable with you, you know me, you know my records and stuff” I paused, I knew I was making myself look like an idiot. I laughed slightly, “Alright, do you want to go out sometime?”

“I don’t date patients” she smiled, playing hard to get… but that’s cool… I always get what I want

“Well that’s good because I’m not your patient anymore. I’m released”

She laughed, “I’m sorry Stomp, just stay off the foot alright?” she said as she walked out of the room, and out of my life forever… or so I thought. Although not even three days later I was back in the ER, waiting in the same room, and the same beautiful girl came in, “Whoa, dajavo “ I smiled when I saw her, “Let me guess, couldn’t stay away from the dance floor?”

“Something like that” I smiled as she helped me into the wheelchair, “This is nice”

“What is nice?”

“You taking care of me like this, I could get used to this”

She smiled as she rolled me away, “Well Stomp, if you keep coming here breaking more limbs I don’t know what I’m going to do”

I laughed, “I’m a bit of a klutz”

“Really? I had no idea,” she said sarcastically

“Oh come on like you’ve never broken anything?”

“No you’re right I broke my leg when I was five”

“See”

“When I was five” she repeated, “How old are you?”

“22”

“Yeah...” she smiled

“So how about you let me take you out?”

“I told you I don’t date patients”

“I’m not really your patient, I’ll be out in a little while”

“Then I don’t date cripples,” she laughed slightly when she saw the expression on my face, “I just don’t think it’s a good idea”

“No idea I have ever had is not a good idea”

“Oh… ok” she smiled

“Please just one date. Give me a chance. We’ll get dinner and see where it goes, if you hate me I’ll take you home right after, worst thing that could happen is you get a free meal out of it. Please?”

She looked at me, like she was contemplating in her head whether I’m worth it or not. She took a deep breath, “Fine” she said as she scribbled her number on a piece of paper, “Call me tonight, I get out at 6”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj celebrityj cheaterj postsync proposal marriedj