Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading! :)
“Come on Jacob don’t you want to eat?” of course I got no answer, he just continued crying. That’s all he does. He hasn’t stopped crying since his mother left 2 days ago. You’d think he’d be over it by now. But no, of course not. He hasn’t eaten much either. Which isn’t good. I should call Kimberly and let her take care of it but no I can’t. He has to get over this at some point. Plus of course, I can’t admit I don’t know what the hell I’m doing. The only time he stops crying is when he’s talking to her on the phone, then she manages to calm him down for at least until he goes to bed. I don’t know how she does. How the hell does she calm him down so much when she’s not even here? All he needs is to hear her voice?

“Hailey what does your mother do if he doesn’t eat?”

“He always eats with Mommy”

“Well what does she do when he cries like this?”

“He doesn’t cry like this. He’s crying cause he wants Mommy he doesn’t hafta when Mommy’s here”

“So what do you think I should do?”

“I dunno you’re the daddy” she’s right. Why am I asking a four year old for advice about how to take care of my own son? I took a deep breath and cleared away her plate then went into the living room where Jacob was lying on the ground screaming. What is wrong with this kid? “Come on Jake lunch is getting cold” he stopped crying for a second, looked up at me, and then started crying again. Seriously something is wrong with him, “Come on Jacob stop” I picked him up and he started crying even more, “What is wrong with you? Jacob, calm down. Stop. Stop acting like such a baby”

“Ohhh” Hailey said as she sat down next to me, “I’m telling Mommy. I get in trouble when I call him a baby, you’re gonna too”

Great. “Hailey go in the other room I’m talking to Jacob”

“You don’t have to yell,” she pouted as she walked out of the room. This is a nightmare.

“Come on Jacob man, calm down”

“Mommy” he cried

“I know I know you want mommy. We all want Mommy she’s going to come in a little bit but you just have to calm down” he stopped a little, could it have possibly worked? “Come on let’s get you some lunch” he nodded his head and I sat him down in the kitchen, “You have to calm down man, you’re going to make yourself sick” I said as I passed him a Kleenex. He just looked at it like he had no idea what it was for. I keep forgetting he’s only 2 years old. I wiped his face and then put the placed bread and peanut butter and jelly in front of him.

“When’s Mommy comin home?” Hailey asked… no not her too

“Soon sweetie” I said as I walked to the counter to get a plate

“I miss her”

“I know” everyone misses her, I understand. Their life cannot operate without her. The doorbell rang and Hailey went running to the door, “Hailey, what did I say about answering the door? You wait for me,” I said as I jogged to get to the door. You never know, someone could just nock on the door and grab her.

“Hey sweetie is your daddy here?” oh shit.

“What are you doing here?” Hailey asked in her best snobby voice
“I’m here to see your Daddy, is he here?”

“No” she answered smartly

“Hailey, calm down” I said as I walked to the door. Hailey ran into the other room, “What are you doing here Leah?”

“Just thought maybe you could use a little help with the kids” she said with a smile, “I brought cookies”

Well I guess I could use all the help I can get. I walked back into the house and she followed me, “How’s the food Jake?” I asked before looking over at him, his hands were covered in peanut butter and jelly, I guess he couldn’t wait for me. He looked right at me and laughed, “Don’t make a mess”

“Too late” he laughed

“Yeah too late” I said with a slight chuckle

“For you” a huge smile covered his face as he handed me the sandwich

“It’s inside out man”

“You’re supposed to say thank you”

I laughed as I placed the sandwich on the counter, “Thanks man”

Jacob looked right at me, picked up the bowl of cereal Hailey didn’t finish and dumped it right in his lap, “What are you doing?” he just started laughing hysterically like it was the funniest thing ever. “Oh my God Jacob why would you do that?” I let him down and he just started running around the house screaming. What the hell is wrong with this kid? One second he’s screaming crying the next he’s screaming laughing and running around the house with Apple Jacks in his pants. I took a deep breath and tried to clean up the mess he left, “Jacob get back here” just let him go

“Why do you have your hair like that?” Hailey asked Leah as she sat down next to her

“Oh I just got it done. Do you like it?”

“No. It’s ugly”

I laughed as I looked up and saw Leah’s reaction. “Hailey don’t say that, that’s not nice”

“It is though” yeah she’s right it is pretty ugly. I don’t understand why some girls spend so much time and money getting their hair done. It’s a waste, half the time it looks horrible and even if it doesn’t how long does it even last? Kimberly never gets her hair done, I guess we’re on the same wavelength about that whole thing; it’s just a waste. “Why do you wear that purse? It’s ugly”

“All right Hailey enough” she really just says whatever the hell she wants.

Jacob came back in the room; I guess it works when you just ignore them for a minute.

“Daddy” he called, I looked over and saw him smiling brightly and holding up this real expensive vase we bought a couple months ago

“No, what are you doing? Put that down” he laughed and ran with it, so I would chase him, and I did. Since when has he become such a terror?

“Jacob get over here,” I yelled, now I’m pissed. He just continued laughing and screaming, then fell and dropped the vase. The thousand-dollar vase was across my floor in millions of pieces. Great. I couldn’t even say anything, I just took a deep breath, and looked over at Jacob who was crying hysterically… great here we go again, “Alright calm down, it’s ok” I picked him up but that didn’t help, he just continued crying, “What? What’s the matter? It’s just a vase. Are you ok?” he shook his head, “What’s wrong?” He was holding onto his knee so I moved his hand, there was hardly even a little scratch, “You’re fine Jacob, there’s nothing there”

“He wants a band-aid”

I looked over at Hailey and took a deep breath, “A band-aid? There’s nothing there to put it on” Jacob continued crying, “Alright, alright we’ll get you a band-aid” I picked him up and walked into the bathroom, where the hell would band-aids be? Jackpot, in the medicine cabinet. I sat him down on the sink and went to put the band-aid on but he wouldn’t let me

“No” he shook his head frantically

“What do you mean no? I thought you wanted a band-aid”

“Sponge Bob” what the hell?

“I don’t have a Sponge Bob band-aid,” I said as I looked through the cabinet. He started to cry again, “Alright, alright… I’ll draw one on” I looked around and grabbed a pen and drew a little Sponge Bob on the band-aid, “All set” he shook his head, “What?”

“Kiss”

“What?”

“Kiss it better”

Oh yeah… right, “Oh yeah, sorry” I laughed slightly, and kissed his knee, “You all set Jake the Snake?” he nodded his head, “Good. High Five?” he nodded his head and slapped me five. I think we’re actually bonding a little.

We walked back into the room where Hailey was continuing to grill Leah. I almost feel bad, but I don’t even know why she’s here. Hailey asked the question before I could, “Why are you here?”

“I came to see your daddy”

“Why? He doesn’t even like you” I can’t believe she just said that, “He misses Mommy, we all do”

“I’m sure you do”

“She’s comin back soon, she’s just at da beach” oh shit, they miss her so much, why am I making them spend this time apart? We should all just be together; “You should just go no one wants you here”

“Hailey I thought we were having a tea party”

“We are, but I don’t want her to come”

“Alright, go get it set up. You going to help her Jacob?” he nodded his head and they both went into the other room

“Wow, that girl sure says everything on her mind”

“Yeah” I paused, “We’re just kind of busy… maybe you should go”

“Are you serious?” she asked with a slight chuckle, “You want me to leave because a four year old doesn’t want me here?”

“She’s my daughter, it’s her house”

“You’ve got to be kidding me”

“They’re my kids Leah, I want to spend time with my kids”

“Of course” she said as she grabbed her bag and left. I don’t know what that’s all about. How could she possibly be mad because I want to spend time with my kids? That’s bullshit I don’t even care. She doesn’t understand that we don’t have something permanent and it was a mistake. I don’t know how I can make it clearer.




I lay down on the beach, working on my tan or something. I don’t know what else to do. I can’t sleep; I’m making myself sick. Maybe I can get some sleep during the day since I can’t seem to get any at night. I opened my eyes when I noticed the sun was being blocked, “What a life. Huh? You just sit out here, working on your tan. Leave the kids with the hubby come out to the beach…”

I laughed as I sat up, “What are you doing here?”

“Just came to see how you were doing” Rachael paused as I stood up, “How are you doing?”

“Um bad” I said as I walked back into the house and she followed me, “I haven’t slept, um… pretty much at all since like last week. It’s been a whole week Rach, it’s sick”

“Oh no, it’s normal”

“Normal? I’m like crying myself to sleep every night, and I don’t even sleep for more than like an hour a night. I wake up and like scream out his name, like thinking he’s there or just in the other room or something” I paused as I poured us each a glass of iced tea, “I feel like I should be crying right now but I can’t. I’m like all out of tears” I paused and laughed,

“It’s sick” I have said the word ‘like’ so many times in the past 10 seconds, that right there’s an example of how messed up this is making me

“Have you talked to him?”

“Only for a couple minutes before I talk to the kids”

“I guess you just have to give him time”

I nodded my head, “I’m seriously making myself sick though. Like I’ve been throwing up every morning, it’s gross. I don’t throw up. You know I don’t throw up, the last time I threw up was…”

“When you were pregnant,” she said as though she had just solved the mystery of the murder. It was professor Plum in the observatory with the pipe.

“Yeah” I paused, “Oh shut up I’m not pregnant”

“Ok” she paused, “So anything else pre-pregnant like?”

“Ok stop, seriously, I’m not pregnant”

“And why not?”

“Because I haven’t had sex. Ok? No sex for like four months. If I was pregnant you could see the little one kicking”

“Alright alright calm down” I am calm. Ok I guess I’m a little on the edge but that’s just because of this whole thing.

“Sorry” I said as I took a deep breath, “I just want to go home”

“Then go home”

I gave her a look and sat down on the couch, “Have you just joined this conversation?”

She laughed and sat down next to me, “No but seriously, if he came here right now and said he wants you to come home you would?” I nodded my head, “Just like that? Without an apology or an explanation of any kind?”

I took a deep breath, “You don’t understand because your wonderful husband is there all the time. Like he is never here, and when he is I need to be there with him. Like how stupid is it that we’re in the same city yet we’re living in different houses?” she nodded her head, “Like… I don’t know. I know I need some kind of explanation but I also need to be with him and be with my family” I took a deep breath, “I just want to go home” Ha. And I thought I was out of tears.

“Then maybe you need to go home”

“I can’t. We need to spend time apart, we need to figure things out. That’s what he said, things are messed up, and we rushed into things. We rushed into things Rachael who says that? That’s like saying he made a mistake in asking me to marry him. It’s like saying he changed his mind and if he could go back in time he would not have married me”

“That’s not at all what he’s saying”

“Oh it’s not? Than what exactly is he saying Rachael? Clear it up for me. I mean wow, this whole time I thought it meant he thinks we rushed into things but I must be crazy” I am honestly going crazy

“It means he got himself going and just said anything that came to mind. You know he doesn’t mean it Kim, he wants to see you”

“Why would you ever say that?”

“Why else would he call to get the kids? When has he ever wanted you to send the kids somewhere? So he could see you, and why does he call you every night? So he can talk to you. Why did he want you to bring the kids? So you’d be 20 minutes away so when he finally grows the balls to come and talk to you, you’ll be right down the street” Sure it makes sense, but so does the fact that he just wants me to go away. I can’t think so much it’s making me sick. I moved my legs up and rested my head on the shoulder of the couch, I don’t know what’s wrong with me I’ve been getting so sick lately, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I’m just a little light headed”

“Humm”

“Seriously drop it”

“Let’s go get a pregnancy test then”

“That’s a waste of money and time”

“I’ll pay for it and come on you have plenty of time”

“I’m not taking a pregnancy test”

“Oh no? And why not?”

“Because I already know the answer”

“Then what is there to loose?”

“Why is this such a big deal to you? I told you I’m not pregnant, I’m not pregnant. It’s not possible”

“Please just take the test”

“Why do you care?”

“Because I remember what happened last time with Jacob and how if you didn’t go to the doctors right away you would have been really sick and we don’t want to have to go through that” She’s right I did have a lot of problems with his birth, but that doesn’t matter, I’m not pregnant, “Please just do it”

I took a deep breath and looked right at her. She’s really worried about this, I don’t know why she cares so much, it’s not possible. “All right fine” she let our a sigh of relief, “But you have to get it, I don’t want people to see me…”

“I’ll be back in five minutes” she smiled as she stood up and grabbed her purse, “Need anything else?” I shook my head, “No chocolate covered pickles or peanut butter hot dogs?”

“Just go”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj celebrityj cheaterj postsync proposal marriedj