Author's Chapter Notes:
i know it took me long- but i'm back!

“LET ME GET A BIG HELL YA FROM THE RED NECK GIRLS LIKE ME,” I sang as I watched the TV play the song’s video.  JC had been out doing promo and rehearsals for the mini tour and right now I was sitting in our hotel room watching the CMT music video channel.

“HELL YA,” I heard JC say making me jump as I looked over at him, leaning against the door frame to the bedroom with a smile.

“How long have you been there,” I asked turning down the volume on the TV.

“Long enough, “he said with a wiggle of his eyebrows and came and jumped on the bed kissing me on the lips.

“How’s my girlfriend doing,” he asked.

“Good, how’s my boyfriend,” I asked and he smiled.

“I need some good old fashion,” and before he uttered another word I placed my hand on his mouth.

He smiled at me than licked my hand making me pull it away, “Gross,” I said shaking it.

“Hey my tongue has been elsewhere and you haven’t complained,” he said with an evil smile.

“You’re horny aren’t you,” I asked looking at him.

“Like a bubble bee,” he said making me laugh with a snort.

“Buzz, Buzz,” he said poking me with his finger and coming closer to me on the bed.

“JC, stop,” I laughed as he pushed me against the bed and hovered over me.

“But this bee see’s a pretty flower it needs to pollinate to make some oh so sweet honey,” he smiled but then shook his head.

“You get too cheesy for even yourself sweetheart,” I questioned as I kissed his cheek.

“Shut it Marie,” he said.

“You first Scott,” I said and he looked at me like whoa I’m scared.

Lowering himself he kissed me softly than as he pulled way he smiled at me as he laid on his side placing his elbow under his head to look at me.

“I think I’m falling, “he whispered.

I blinked a few times and looked at him.

“I think I’ve already half way there,” I stated as I pulled him towards me and kissed him.

“So horny bee, how about some pollinating and then we go get our honeysuckle on,” I said and he laughed.

“Oh, how I love your humor,” he said with a smile than we started to as I said pollinate.

--

The next morning my phone woke me up from a peaceful sleep and trying to get out of JC’s arms proved to be difficult, “Let it go to voice mail,” he groaned pulling me closer.

“Jace, it could be my publisher,” I said pinching him and he grunted a fine and released me but as I got up, he smacked my ass.

“Horny Bee,” I mumbled and heard his low chuckle as I went over to the dresser across the room to pick up my phone.

“Hello,” I asked.

“Miss Taylor,” I heard a male voice question.

“This is her,” I said unsure of who it could be.

“This is Dr. Jacobs at Mt. San Jacinto hospital in Santa Ana, I have here a Gloria Taylor who was just in a car wreck last night, we just got hold of who she was and your information as her daughter, if possible we need you down here as soon as possible she is in ICU,” he explained and as he took breaths in his statements I forgot to breath.

“Miss Taylor,” he questioned after a second.

Taking a breath that came out in a wheeze I answered him, “I’ll be there as soon as I can,” I said.

Shutting my phone I looked up into the mirror of the dresser and saw the tears that I hadn’t felt running down my face, it was then that I felt my phone vibrate in my hand saying I had a new text message.

“I hope you enjoyed your days off, because I’m on to you, change your hair get someone to get your nasty beast before I did sneaky bitch, but beware, I’m on to you and I’m closer than you think; oh thank Mommy dearest for giving me you new number. And being trusting enough to let me use her car; opps too bad I cut her brake line when I gave it back, see you soon Hollie.”

I then let out a gasp of breath and little cry as I set my phone down and bit my lip; she was back.

“Hollie,” JC said looking up from the bed than rushed to my side when he saw me, pulling me to sit on the bed I pulled away,” Hollie what is going on why are you crying,” he asked.

“I… my mom’s in the hospital it’s all my fault it,” I mumbled off and jump from the bed and as I reached for my phone to call the airport I knocked my bag off the dresser not thinking I let it fall as I went to the yellow pages in the dresser drawer next to the bible and looked for the airport line.

What I didn’t see was JC picking up the things from my purse, “Hollie what the shit is this,” he asked as he pulled the post card up and the letter and the moment I turned I saw him with my bag in hand and him skimming he letter he got to the last line and looked at me.

“What the fuck is going on Hollie,” he asked me with watery eyes.

I grabbed my hair and looked at him dropping my phone and the yellow pages on the bed.

“I thought I could handle it I didn’t want you to worry, I fucked up; I might have gotten my mom killed, “I said and dropped to the bed.

“Hollie,” JC said coming up to me but I pushed him away.

“I lied ok, when you told me to tell you if Jessica ever contacted me again or if I saw her again I didn’t tell you the truth, and I didn’t tell you when the threats kept coming,” I said and pulled a shirt over my head and pulling a pair of jeans on pushing my flip flops on I grabbed my bag from where JC left it on the floor.

“Where are you going Hollie,” he questioned trying to pull me towards him.

“How can you be so forgiving, I fucking lied to you, I ..,” he stopped me from talking.

“Yes, I’m mad about that, but look this is serious and you said something about your mother,” he said placing his hand on my shoulder.

“She cut her fucking brake line,” I said.

“What,” he questioned and I handed him the phone that I had picked up before grabbing my bag.

“Newest text message,” I mumbled and said I would be out in the living room.

But instead of waiting out there I went towards the door, “I love you, that’s why I lied to protect myself from you and you from me,” I whispered figuring by the time he got done reading the text I could be out the hotel on the way to the airport; I’d have to wait but I needed to do this I needed to set things right.

“Hollie,” I heard Jc’s voice in the hall but as I turned to look at him I heard the door open to another room and man I had never seen in my life come out and look at me funny.

“What the,” I was about to say as I saw JC come towards me but the man did as well and before JC could get to me as I tried to back away from either of them the other man rushed me and grabbed me and took me out the stair wall me punching and screaming the entire way.

The last I heard and saw was JC rushing towards me and crying my name with the words I love you placed at the end.

 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story