Once we landed in LA we headed back to JC’s house where I had left my car.

“JC,” I asked as he turned off the freeway and headed towards his house.

“What’s up,” he said looking over at me before looking back at the road as he turned down a street.

“Could I stay with you for a few days, I mean not to get in the way or anything but,” I started to say till JC put his hand on mine, “Hollie, I was wanted to ask you to stay but I didn’t want to bring it up unless you did but of course you can stay with me, besides I have something plan for us tonight,” He smiled at me as he pulled up into the garage and closed it behind him.

“Really what would that be,” I asked as we headed out of the car and into the house.

“Well that my friend,” you will have to find out when it happens.

“Even, if I bug you till we go,” I asked like a two year old, “Wouldn’t work anyways, I got to fix some stuff up  and do some stuff so I won’t be around for you to question; and no you can’t come on along,” he smiled as I opened my mouth.

“You suck,” I told him.

“Actually no you do as I recall,” he said with cherish grin until I hit up in his chest.

“Now see if I ever do it again,” I said sternly and started to walk towards the stairs till he pulled me up in his arms and start to kiss my neck.

“What was that, again,” he asked me with smile as he felt me lean against him for support.

“I said I will never do it again,” I smiled and pulled out of his arms and turned around and stuck my tongue at him than ran up the stairs.

“Will see about that missy,” He yelled but didn’t chase me.

“Loser,” I screamed from the top of the stairs seeing that he was actually walking back towards the garage.

“I know you are but what I am,” he sang as he waved goodbye and exited the house.

Grabbing my phone I texted him, “Smart ass.”

“But you love it and its whiteness,” he sent back with a smiley face as I heard the garage open and close and heard his car pull out.

--

While JC was away planning whatever he was doing I got in touch with my boss who actually told me he had put me as a Freelance writer instead of a columnist now, “I don’t want to lose you to our paper but I don’t want you to lose this opportunity either,” he told me.

So I agreed and he told me he’d call me the second a story he knew I could blow people away with came up.

By the time I heard JC’s car come back in I was just getting out of the shower and pulling two cookies out of the cookie jar when JC came in.

“You're going ruin your appetite,” he said as he came over and hugged me from behind smelling my hair.

“You did it last night,” I said reminding him of escapades.

“Totally different,” he smiled as he kissed my cheek.

“Sure it is,” I mumbled as I stuck one of the cookies in my mouth and turned around and smiled at him.

Surprising me he leaned over and bit the other side of the cookie and as he took it from my mouth he kissed me.

“Hey,” I mumbled over the left half of cookie.

“Two treats in one,” he smiled than kissed my cheek.

“Bad, man” I told him as put the other cookie in my mouth and headed towards the stairs.

“Put on that red number,” I heard JC say as he followed me.

“Fancy huh,” I asked.

“No HOTTNESS,” is more like it he said with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

“Get your mind out of the gutter,” I told him as I headed towards the closest but jumped as he came behind me and placed his hands on my hips as I bent down to take the “Red number” as he called it out of the suitcase.

“My mind’s not in the gutter, it’s in the closet,” he said.

“SO what happens when it comes out of the closet,” I said grinning at him over my shoulder.

HE didn’t say a word as his mouth opened wide and he dropped his hands from my waist.

Laughing I grabbed my dress and came up and kissed his cheek.

“I’ll be right out,” I said walking away but no sooner had I past him did he pull me up and against him and kiss me hard, making me drop the dress.

“Now who said anything about coming out of the closet,” he asked.

“You did,” I said softly looking up at him.

Picking up the dress I dropped he turned me around and pinched my ass, “Well than,” he told me with a smile and pushed me towards the door making me laugh.

--

About an hour later JC pulled up to a little café in Santa Monica we were met by the valet who opened the doors and helped me out of the vehicle as we headed inside the manager came out and shook hands with the both of us he smiled at me and talked fast with JC as we were both led to the stair case that went to the roof top.

We stopped at the door, “Close your eyes,” JC stated.

“What, no your gonna take me out there and throw me off,” I said looking at him like he was crazy but he just laughed.

“Hollie, trust me,” he smiled as he came up behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

Taking a breath I closed my eyes and listened as I heard the door open and felt JC guide me out the door, hearing the gravel crunch under my feet I felt JC stop me, and thank the manager.

“Open your eyes,” I heard him whisper to me.

And I did so my mouth opened at the same rate the roof top had been decorated in lights and a table for two had been set up and a waiter stood there with a smile on his face and to menu’s in his hands.

“Good evening,” he said.

“Jace,” I whispered as I felt a tear go down my cheek I never had anyone do this to me.

“I know you’ve had some crappy relationships in the past, and I want to let you know this isn’t gonna be one of them,” JC told me as he led me to the table.

I didn’t know what to say as we sat down and placed our orders and made small talk of random things to come.  

As we ordered dessert I placed my hand on Jc’s, “One question,” I said looking at him.

He nodded, “What made you want to be more than friends with me,” I asked and then shook my head I hated sounding like a girl who didn’t have self esteem when I did.

“Why not,  I mean you’re not like my usually type and I think that’s a good thing you give me shit and we have a good time together, and well I’m attracted to you obviously,” he smiled grabbing my hand.

“Ditto,” I smiled.

We fought over the bill for a second when JC brought up that this was his thing for me and that when I took him out or next time we went out we could go Dutch.

--

After a few days of talking my publishers we started to work on a date it would be out and when the book tour would began.

Hanging up the phone later after finalizing everything I looked up to see JC walk in with a smile on his face, “What happened,” I said coming up to him he just came from seeing his manager and record people.

“Single comes out at the end of August for radio, video will be shot next week and release the same time,” he said as he pulled me to him as I jump up ended up with my legs around his waist.

“CONGRATULATIONS BABY,” I smiled as I kissed him slowly.

“Mmm, maybe I should bring good news home more often,” he smiled and kissed me again as I giggled.

“I got a publish date,” I said as he sat me down.

“And that would be,” he asked me as he sat down on the couch pulling me with.

“September 15,” I smiled.

“Sweet,” he said and kissed my cheek.

“I have bad news though,” I told him remembering he said that he was gonna shoot the video for the single next week.

“What would that be,” He questioned.

“I leave for New York for some book planning and promotion next Tuesday,” I told him.

“I leave for Florida the Sunday before that,” he said and I nodded.

“We’ll be ok right,” I asked.

“Yea, it won’t be any different than before,” he said.

“Expect I’ll miss your kisses and well you know,” I smiled.

“Will have to fill up on all of that so were sick of it than,” he told me kisses me as he pulled me towards him.

“Wouldn’t happen,” I said as I lay on top of him as he relaxed on the couch.

“I would hope not,” he smiled kissing my forehead than started to run his hand through my hair as I placed my head on his shoulder and sat there and listened to his heart beat.

We stayed like that till later that night and then made some sandwiches and watched a movie and headed to bed, we didn’t talk much but for some reason it wasn’t needed.

--

It was the three days before JC was leaving for Florida when I finally went back to my apartment and checked my mail and opened the windows and did some laundry that I had left before going with him almost a month ago.

I was in the middle of vacuuming my room when my cell phone went off.

“Hello,” I asked flipping it open.

“Well I see your finally home, and the only place you could have been would be Jc’s so I guess you want to find out what I can do huh,” I heard a cold female voice.

“I want you to leave us alone and get help,” is what I told her sitting on the couch.

I heard her start laughing.

“Funny, you see because you’re the one who will be needing help soon, if I catch you with him again,” She said than I heard a dial tone.

After a few hours of heavy cleaning and blasting music to forget how my heart rate raised I sat down and was about to turn the TV on, when I heard a knock at my door.

Checking out the window I saw JC wave at me.

Opening the door he walked inside,” Since when do you check out the window before answering the door,” He asked.

“Downstairs got robbed, because she didn’t,” I said quickly.

“Like a year ago,” He said remembering when the police tape was around the complex and he had to call me to let him pass.

“Still,” I said and went toward the bedroom.

“I’m packed for New York,” I stated as I picked up some more clothes and placed them in another suitcase.

“Than what is that for,” he asked pointing towards the suitcase I just placed the clothes in.

“I’m gonna go see my mom for a few days,” I said.

“I thought we were gonna hang out as much as possible,” he questioned looking at me weirdly.

“Things change Jace, not that I meant anything by it it’s just I haven’t seen my dog or my mom in almost three months,” I said looking at him.

“I’m not questioning why I’m just asking,” he said pulling me up to him.

“Can we go get some lunch before you go,” He asked as he kissed my cheek.

Nodding I placed the last piece in the suitcase and zipped it up.

I got to my mom about five after me and JC had some lunch and said our good byes for the next week or so and I was surprised when my mom opened the door and said the last thing I ever thought I would hear, “Your friend from high school Jessica just stopped by, I told her to come back for dinner and you’d be here by then,” She smiled as she took me into a hug and helped me carry my bags the spare room.

“Jessica.” I questioned.

“Petite Women, dark hair blue eyes,” she said moving her arms around to describe her.

“Oh,” I said out loud but “Shit,” was what was going through my head.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story