After some dinner at a local Detroit Diner we headed to a Pub down the street we had been there for almost an hour when I almost spit my drink , when I saw the same petite lady coming up to me. JC had been dancing with a redhead who had grabbed his attention and after asking if it was ok if I was left alone he hadn’t been back since.

”Can I talk to you,” she asked as she came up and sat next to me.

“I guess,” I shrugged as I sipped my drink and watched her glare a little at my response, “You know Jc right,” she asked.

“What is it to you,” I asked it wasn’t my place to broadcast who and who weren’t my friends, never saw the point but that was beside the point here I realized as she set her purse down and came right up into my face.

“Well bitch, you see I don’t know if you know it or not but he’s mine has been for five years,” she stated showing me a rock on her left ring finger something that was huge and was just plain ugly.

“Well Missy that’s kind of funny for you to say since I’ve been his friend for a little over two years and I’ve never seen your face,” I said with a grin.

“Oh, I’ve been around and I will be around for a lot longer than you, you see were private couple only Jc’s close friends know about me,” She said.

“Really cause I’m one of those too sweetheart and well I just can’t pin point you out in my mind and I’m usually good with faces,” I sighed like I was sad; what can I say I  become a bitch when I get a few in my system.

“Just watch yourself,” she told me as she grabbed her bag and walked away, it was then I saw JC coming up to me.

“Who you talking to,” he asked me watching the psycho lady walking away.

“Just one of your adoring fans,” I said as I took a drink.

“You didn’t scare them did you,” he asked.

 I shook my head as I swallowed my last bit of drink, more like she scared me I thought to myself.

“Good,” he laughed and ordered himself another drink when he was paying the bartender I saw the redhead wave at me with a giggle, “Jace I think your wanted,” I laughed as I picked a piece of ice of out of my empty glass and waved my hand when the bartender offered me another; I knew my limits.

“Actually no, she wants you,” he laughed placing his hand on my leg.

“Your shitting me,” I asked him looking at her and than him in shock, “Nope first words out of her mouth where can you help me get your friend over there,” he said taking a sip of his beer.

“Oh wow, I don’t swing that way but if I did Damn,” I said. “Don’t say things like that you’ll get me all excited,” JC laughed.

“Ha, Ha you’re so funny, hey how do I say thanks but no thanks, to that though I mean I’ve never been hit on my a girl,” I told him.

“Well I’ve never been asked to hook up one of my girls with another girl before either so I couldn’t tell you,” he said but then shook his head and added, “Kiss me.”

“Wait what,” I said looking at him straight in the eye but I all I saw was this dead serious face on his mug.

“I’m serious, kiss me and make it look like you enjoy it way too much and then when you stop look over at her and mouth thank you but sorry,” JC explained like it was the best idea in the world.

“You just don’t want to be a sore loser tonight do you,” I laughed as checked my cell phone only to realize it was dead.

“Hey Jace do you have the time,” I asked.

“Jace,” I looked up and saw him staring at my lips, “I think you’ve had too much to drink bucko,” I told him and pushed him away.

It was then that Lonnie came up and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Hey Boss it’s time to go,” he said.

“Oh alright, you party poopers,” he said and grabbed me by the shoulder and followed Lonnie out.

Looking behind me I saw the redhead eye me and I shrugged and gave her a sorry and saw her shake her head and throw her hand out like it’s ok I get it; good thing too. I wasn’t interested but it didn’t mean I wanted to hurt her feelings none.

--

Waiting out by the back door for Lonnie to come around with the car I stood against the building.

“What would you do if I had just kissed you in there,” JC asked leaning against the wall next to me.

“You have a fascination with kissing someone tonight don’t you,” I said looking slighty up at him.

“Not just someone,” he said.

“Jace,” I told him sternly as he came in front of me and placed either hand on the brick wall to either side of my face.

“What, I want to know what you would do,” he said coming closer.

“Knee you in the balls,” I said almost too quietly, “Really now, because well you didn’t seem too sure of that,” he told me getting closer so that his forehead rested on mine.

“JC, you’ve had too much to drink tonight you don’t know what you’re saying,” I told him as I felt him press against me and it was then that I felt something down below that I never thought I’d feel coming from him.

“I’ve had two beers, so I know what I’m saying my question is why are you so scared,” He asked pulling back just a little.

“I’m not scared,” I told him.

“Prove it,” he whispered in my ear going back to be just as close as he was a second ago and it was then that he captured my lips in his own it took me two seconds if that to get swept up in the feeling as I felt Jc’s hand run through my hair as mine came to meet at the base of his neck.

It seemed like we were like that forever till I heard a car honking and pulling my lips away from Jc’s I looked behind him and laughed, “We’ve been caught.”

JC just smiled and pecked my lips one more time and grabbed my hand and led me to the car.

Walking behind him my smile dropped as I saw the petite woman stand at the back door entrance with her eyebrow raised and I’m gonna kill you look written all over her face.

--

Walking up the next morning I rolled over and saw JC still asleep, the TV was still on from last night. We had ended up coming back to the hotel and decided to watch a movie together but I guess neither of us had made that.  As I got closer to JC I felt him stir a little so I stopped moving, all he did was place his arm around my waist and pull me closer to him and kiss my forehead.

“JC, are you awake,” I whispered but when he didn’t response I let it go and took my hand and went and ran it from the back of his neck to the top of his head through his hair.

“It wasn’t a dream,” he yawned as he slowly stretched and looked at me with a smile.

“So you were awake,” I asked. “Huh,” he questioned but I just shook my head.

When he kissed my forehead than my nose and was about to kiss my mouth I covered his, “Jace about last night,” I said slowly.

“What did you not want it to happen cause you didn’t put up much of a,” he started to say but I shook my head.

“Friends don’t kiss,” I said softly.

“Hollie I’m gonna be honest with you,” he said pulling me up as he let me rest on his chest as he sat against the headboard of the bed.

“And that would be,” I asked.

“I like you a lot,” he said looking down at me.
“I like you a lot too JC but that still,” he stopped me.

“Hollie this is gonna sound lame but I like, like you,” he said.

I closed my eyes and smiled for second, “I think I might like, like you too,” I said but as soon as it came out of my mouth I started laughing really hard.

“What’s so funny,” he said looking at me.

“You’re just so cheesy,” I said laughing a little harder but then squealed as he tickled me.

“I’m cheesy,” he said as he grabbed me and threw me so I was under him and he was on top of me.

“Yes you are,” I laughed as I looked at him with a big grin on my face.

“You’re cheesier,” he said as he pinched my sides.

“That makes so much sense,” I laughed with a shake of my head and squeal and again as JC let go of his arms supporting him and hugged me really tight placing all his weight on me.

Looking up at him as he placed his forehead against mine I smiled and he smiled back at me.

This time he didn’t give me any warning or question as he took his lips in mine and ran his hand up my side. Kissing him back I felt his lower region again, “Jace,” I questioned between kisses.

“Do you know how many times I had to take a cold shower because of you before I got the nerve to kiss you last night,” he asked.

I laughed as he kissed my neck.

“You find that funny,” he asked as he pinched my side with the hand that was still on my side.

Nodding was all I could do between laughter

--

After an hour of going back and forth of making fun of each other we got ready to go and headed out for an early lunch down at the restaurant in the hotel.

After placing our orders  JC excused himself to go to restroom at the same time his phone rang, he left answering it as he headed towards the men’s room a crossed the dining room.

“Miss Taylor,” a hotel receptionist asked coming in with what looked like a package in her hand with Hollie scribbled across it.

“Yes,” I answered and she placed the package on the table. “This was delivered to the front desk as well as this; she added placing what looked like a postcard from the gift shop next to the restaurant, on top of the package.

“Thank you,” I said scribbling my signature to a clipboard she handed me.

Flipping the post card over I saw piece of paper over the written area and in the place where you put the name and address was my name and the instructions to pull off the paper.

Doing so I read the almost unreadable warning in big red letters that said,

 “YOU CROSSED THE LINE BITCH; I WARNED YOU THAT HE WAS MINE! WATCH YOUR BACK FROM NOW ON!”

Placing it picture side up I took a drink of water and looked at the package cautiously till I saw it had a return label from the publish company that I sent my manuscript to.

Ripping it open I read a letter and placed my hand over my mouth to prevent my scream, “I’m gonna be pub…bliss shed,” I said slowly to myself. My legs started shaking up and down as I felt a tears come out of my eyes.

“Hollie what’s going on,” JC asked rushing to my side.

I couldn’t speak as I handed the letter that came from the package that I just read.

“NO way, Congratulations baby,” he said hugging me.

“So who sent the postcard,” he said nodding to it as he let me go.

“Oh, my mom,” I said quickly as I took it from the table and placed it into my bag.

“She good,” he asked looking at me with question eyes as I put the card away but followed it with the package as I saw our food coming, “Yup, told me not to do anything she wouldn’t do,” I told him with a big grin.

“OH, so what does that leave,” he asked getting closer to me.

“BAD, JC, Bad,” I laughed as I thanked the waiter for my food and placed a napkin in my lap.

“I try,” he shrugged as he did the same.

Laughing we started talking as we ate I only stopped once as I saw the petite women walk past our table and out the restaurant and gave me a quick glare as she exited alone.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story