JC and I had met about two years ago through some friends we shared. They happened to be in a band, and we had just happened to go to the same show. I was going up to talk to my friends after the show and it was then that I was introduced to him.

 

Somehow during the conversation I guess JC had slipped a napkin in my purse which on been on the bar that had his name and number with the words, "Call me someone time you're an alright chick," on it slightly smudged.

I had to laugh at that one, it was so cheesy. So when I finally got the nerve to call him about a week later he laughed at who I said I was when he asked, "The alright chick that Mike introduced you to last week."

Right now I was sitting at his kitchen table as I saw him pass around for the fifth time on his cell phone talking to the record people about getting air play for his new single; finally he hung up on them as a grunt of "fuck," came from his lips.

 

"What now," I asked standing up but sat back down as he sat next to me and put his head on his arms.

"Jace," I asked placing my hand on his shoulder and scooted closer. "They want to run more tests to see how it will react to the public," he mumbled through his arm than turned his head to look up at me.

"You know how fucked up this is, it's like they…" he started to say.

"Don't trust your music," I asked and he nodded. "OH honey," I sighed as I rubbed his back and placed my head on his shoulder. "You know their stupid moronic people right, and your music is gonna blow everyone away, I know it did me," I told him remembering how the copy he had given me was following me everywhere I went; car, work, home everywhere.

"You're suppose to say that you're my friend," he sighed as he sat up straight. "Not really," I said and he looked at me," What, its true you know me I would have told you it wasn't my taste if it wasn't but that stuff is some fucking good shit," I told him with a smile and he gave me a crack of a grin.

"Thanks Hollie," he said as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Just doing my job," I shrugged. "So being my friend is a job now huh," he asked.

"Jace I didn't," it was then I saw him crack another grin, I hit him upside the head, "That wasn't funny Chasez," I told him getting up and walking away.

"I thought it was," he said as he pulled me back and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and put his head on my shoulder.

"You know I have a listening party in Detroit in about two days and," he started to say.

"Jace I got to finish my article for the paper by Monday," I said and he swung me around.

"But it doesn't go to the printers till Wednesday and you can email it," he smiled at me.

"I knew I never should have told you that," I laughed as he pulled me into a hug realizing I was going with him.

--

We had just gotten to the hotel in Detroit when JC was whisked away to do some promo for the radio show he was gonna do the day after tomorrow, sitting down at the desk in the main room of the two room suite I plugged my laptop in a got to work.

I don't know how long I had been working before I fell asleep but the next thing I knew my phone was pulling me from my sleep as I sat up stiff from fall asleep in a chair, covering my mouth in a yawn,I went to grab it from my bag on the bed in the other room, I felt drool as I whipped my mouth off, "That's attractive," I said to myself as I put my phone to my ear.

"What is attractive," I heard JC laugh. "Oh nothing but some mid afternoon drool from a nap I just woke up from," I laughed.

"Sexy," he said making me laugh harder. "I didn't mean to wake you up but I'm heading back and was wondering if you wanted to head to a late lunch early dinner maybe drinks after," he asked.

"Why JC are you asking me out on a date," I teased we always did that with one another, even though nothing but friendship ever existed between us.

"Why would you think that," I heard his voice behind me and I turned around, shutting my phone I shook my head at him and with a smile.

"Hey you hung up on me," he said with a frown his cell to his ear.

"I had more important things to do," I joked as I passed by him to go use the bathroom. "Oh really now," he said as he shut his phone and grabbed me and started to tickle my sides which I pulled at him but couldn't because I was laughing too hard.

"JC, come on I'm gonna pee my pants," I laughed. "Whose problem is that not mine," He laughed and tickled me harder.

"It will be once it goes down my pant leg and touches yours," I said pulling away and it was then he let me go all a sudden but grabbed my hand to stop me from falling at the lack of contact that I had been leaning on.

"Thank you," I said and went to the bathroom, not closing the door I turn the faucet it on and went about washing my face.

"That's not peeing," JC said coming in and leaning on the doorway.

"Brilliant deduction Watson," I said as I patted my face dry.

"Shut up Sherlock," he told me as he came around back of me and faced me in the mirror. "Thank you," he said placing his hands on my hips and turning me around, "For what," I asked.

"Being you and letting me be me- but most of all being there for me to lean on," He said kissing my temple. "You don't have to thank me it's because I care for you that I do the things that I do," I said with smile and kissed his cheek.

"Beside the point still I thank you, and I care for you too by the way," He said pulling me by the hand to the door of the suite.

"I don't remember telling you I wanted to go," I said pulling back. He laughed," Well too bad, you're coming," he said but when I stood my ground he came up to me and looked me square I the eye.

"Are we gonna do this the hard way or the easy way," he said.

"Since when is anything ever easy," I asked him with the same glare.

"Ok," he said simply than surprising the hell out of me picked me up and threw me over his shoulder and took me out the door.

"Hey Lonnie," I laughed as I saw Jc's bodyguard coming behind us we headed towards the elevators.

"Why am I not surprised" he laughed as I patted Jc's ass as we got to the elevator and he pushed the button.

"Hey no grabbing the goods," JC jumped.

"I'm not grabbing, I was patting. This is grabbing," I said than using both my hands I grabbed both of his cheeks and gave them a quick pinch.

"Hollie Marie," he squealed and then put me down to face him.

"Awe there went my free ride to the car," I laughed and that was when he just shook his head at me and gave Lonnie a look as he was busting up with laughter as we rode down.

--

As we headed to the car I guess people got word of JC being there as there were about ten people with cameras and such recording and taking pictures as we stepped out of the hotel door as I pulled my sunglasses from my bag that JC had grabbed on his way out with me over his shoulder I felt him grab my hand with force.

"JC I'll be fine," I said into his ear and it was then that they surrounded us and I wasn't sure if I'd be fine, all. I saw was JC shake his head at me and hearing snaps of cameras and million different questions go off at once. I squeezed harder on Jc's hand it was then that he pulled us faster threw the crowd and I felt Lonnie on my back side keeping them way from us.

But what I notice in all the mist of chaos was a small petite women on the side of the street near the back of the car we were head to staring at me with what seemed like this ultimate hatred that caused a shiver to go down by back, only because I knew I had seen that face before, She had been at the airport also.

I watched her follow me with her eyes as I got up to the car and was shaking from our stare as JC pulled me into the car. Shaking my head I felt his hand on my cheek making me turn to the side to look at him. "You ok," he asked and nodded. "Just not use to that," I said meaning it for more than one thing.

"Neither am I," he stated and pulled me to his side, letting me place my head on his shoulder as he ran his hands threw my hair; it was then I understood that something's you can never get use to.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story