Author's Chapter Notes:

Saddle up ladies and gents The ride is about to get bumpy.

 

 

 

Phyllis greeted her daughter in law with a smile on face time. 

" Hey Kenny. " 

Kendra swallowed hard and tried to keep what little composure she had left intact. " Hi." She managed to croak. She has no idea how she was gonna tell his mother. She was about to fall apart herself. 

 

Phyllis did not like the way that her daughter in law looked. Concerned. " Honey, what's wrong? Is it the baby?"

" No, Ma. He's fine. " She managed, then the tears began to roll down her cheeks. She took in a ragged breath and just started babbling." Joe....he....Phyllis....He had a heart attack."

" Oh my God. Not my Joey.." ALl the color drained out of her face... She sat down hard on one of the lounge chairs on the back deck. 

" Ma..Listen to me. They have him in the OR right now. The cardiologist said that he may not make it off the table. "

Kendra could here Joe Sr. In the background.Then she saw his face on the screen as he took the phone from his wife. 

" Honey, what's going on? Ma is beside herself. She can't even talk."

" You need to get to California as soon as you can. Joey needs you."

" He had a heart attack Joe. " Phyllis said in the background." She said that my baby might die."

" Kenny, we will be there on the first flight out. " Joe stated, and they spoke for a few more moments and then he hung up the call. 

Only for her phone to go off again. This time it was AJ.

" Ken, is what I just heard true?"

' How did you..." She asked floored that the news had traveled that fast. She only prayed that it hadn't leaked to the media yet. 

" Lance called me. Ate you and the boys ok? Where are you?"

" Cedars." She said, running her hand over her face. " AJ. He was dead. I found him in the bathroom. I did CPR on him until the paramedics got there."

" I'll be there in 20 minutes."

******

 

Her phone went off again. This time being JC. 

" Ken, I'm outside. Where are you guys?"

' 6th floor waiting room. "

Five minutes later, JC found them in the waiting area. Xander had just gotten Dante to go back to sleep, and Kaden was sitting on one of the couches playing on his phone. His mom was sitting  facing the windows along one wall, staring out them amisly. 

He walked up to her and put his hand on her shoulder. She looked up to find JC and Jen standing there. "Ken, what happened?"

Kenny sat there gathering her thoughts, then started to speak.

" He woke up around 3:30 this morning and went to the bathroom, and then I heard a thud. When I opened the door, he was on the floor. He was grey. He wasn't breathing . I called 911 and did CPR on him until they got there. The rest I don't really remember except for Dante  screaming." Wringing her hands, she said quietly." He was dead, Josh."

She sat there stoically, tears trickling down her cheeks. JC sat down next to her and put his arm around her shoulders. " You kept him alive, He is here in this hospital because you knew what to do to save him. Now the doctors are doing what they can to save him. "

" What if it wasn't enough?" her words echoed between them. He had no idea how to answer her. 

" Has anyone told Kelly? Or the girls?"

" No.  I haven't even let Chris or Justin Know what's going on. Lance called you. Because he was the only one I called except Joe Sr. And Phyllis." 

" Go call Kelly. I will let Justin and Chris know. "

" Thank you."

" We're family." He grinned at her, and she walked away from them, dialing Kelly's number as she walked down the hallway.

******

 

Kelly's bright voice came through the phone, and into her ear. " Hey there girl. You're ears must be burning/ Kloey was asking me about her dad. She said tht she can't get him to answer his phone."

A sob came up in her throat that she could not stop.She tried to clear her throat to no avail.

" Kendra, are you ok?"

" Kelly Listen to me."

" What's wrong?"

" Joey had a heart attack this morning, He's in surgery right now. They said that they don't know if he will make it through the surgery."

There was silence on the other end of the line. Then what sounded like muffled crying.

" What?"

" You and the girls need to be here in case this all goes south." Kendra said, then she completly lost it. After a few moments, both of them sniffing and wiping at their faces with the backs of their hands.

" Ken , are you sure? This can't be real. Not Joey." Kelly mumbled, trying to hide the fact that she was still crying.

" I wish that it wasn't true.Please Kel, This is as bad as it gets. get yourself and the girls out here. So that they can see their Dad."

" I'll let you know the flight info. Keep me in the loop."

" I will."

********

Lance and Michael showed up about this same time that she got off the phone with Kelly. 

Lance approached her and said," Kenny?" She turned and looked up at him. he held his arms open and she gladly fell into them. His hear broke for her . He was in a pretty bad state himself. 

" You ok?" He asked, letting his grip on her loosen up a little where he could see her face. 

" I just told Kelly. I can't do this anymore. ....I can't tell anyone else. ......I can't tell anyone else that I may loose him. " 

" Give me a list of people to call , I'll call anyone that needs to be notified. "

" Mulvi and Johnny...... "  She repeated, obviously on auto pilot.

" Done." Michael said, 

" Thank you."

" Have you heard anything yet?" Lance asked her.  She sat down on a nearby chair. 

" No. They said it would be at least three or four hours, maybe longer. " No longer able to handle this anymore, she began to hyperventilate.

" Honey, It's ok." Lance said, sitting down next to her . 

" No It's not. How do I do this Lance? " She tried to suck in a deep breath. " " How..:"

" I don't know" He said his own emotions about to get the better of him.


Incomplete
Alyssa Rae is the author of 4 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story