Author's Chapter Notes:

The plot thickens

" We're on our way up now. See you in a few." JC stated and Michael hung up the phone.

A few minutes later, he heard the door open and Lance and JC's voices filled the other room. 

'Michael?" He heard JC say as the bedroom door opened.  He saw his wife laying there on the bed limply. Running to her side, he shook her shoulders." Keegan, baby wake up."Getting no response , he got right in her face. " Keegan, it's Josh. please open your eyes. "

He still got no response. 

" WHen did this happen?" JC asked Michael. Completly distraught. 

" About ten minutes ago. Right before I called you. She came back for a moment and asked for you. then she was back out again. That's when I called you. " Michael replied. 

JC sat down on the edge of their bed and pulled her up into his lap. Holding her there in his arms and running his hands through her hair, he said." Keegan? It's Josh. Please wake up."

She moved her head to the sound of his voice., and opened her blue eyes. " Josh?"

" Baby are you ok?" He whispered into her ear.

" I think so. I was talking to Michael, and then nothing. " She said, trying to sit up, but he held her there against his body tightly. " I'm tired Josh."

" Sleep baby. It's ok." He said putting her back against the pillows and covering her up.

he stood and Michael followed him out. Into the living area of the suite. 

" What did you find out about Jesse?" JC asked Michael as soon as the door ws closed to the bedroom. 

" She got a call from her mom while you were out. And that got us to talking about Jesse. At one point she was talking about getting your marriage annulled to keep you from getting involved with her problems. Then she told me.....I noticed that when she talked about Jesse. She just had this sound in her voice. The way you do when you are scared of something. SO I asked her if she was afraid of Jesse. Then she said that he had hit her in the past. She said he broke her nose one time. "

 

" What?" Jc said, trying to hold on to what litttle grip he had left. 

" She said that he hit her on occasion and that he broke her nose.She said that she was surprised that he wasn't looking for her now."

" He can look all he wants. Doesn't mean he will find her. " JC said, his jaw set in a way that Michael had never seen. There was a knock on the door that JC was oblivious too. Lost in his own thoughts. Michael went to answer the door. Looking through the peep hole to see his husband standing in the hallway. He opened the door and pulled him inside the room. 

 

" Um ..what's gong on?"Lance asked,as he saw the look on his husband's face. And that JC was deep in conversation on his phone. 

" I'm glad you're here." Michael said.

" Seriously, what's going on Michael?" He asked again. " Where's Keeegan?"

" Asleep in the bedroom. She told me some stuff about her Ex Jesse that has C in a tailspin."

Lance looked back over at JC, who was now pacing the room and still on the phone. 

" What did she say?"

' That Jesse used to hit her and even broke her nose at one time. "

JC hung up his call, and  came back over to where Lance and Michael were. " I need your help."

" Anything, C.You know that" Lance responded. 

"Take Keegan and her stuff to your room until I can secure another room somewhere else."

" No problem." Michael said, " We'll take her stuff over there right now. "

" What's going on C?"

"If that bastard does  come after her, he's gonna have to find us first. And I don't plan on him finding out who I am until we meet face to face. "JC said in a voice that Lance had not heard in a long , long time. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story