Lisa checked Keegan out of the Golden Nugget. Michael picked her up at the hotel and they brought back Keegan's stuff to the Bellagio.While JC and Lance had lunch with Connor. 

 

Michael opened The door to JC and Keegan's suite.

 

" Keegan ,We're back." Michael said to a quiet room. The bedroom door was slightly ajar. HE walked over to the door to investigate.  While Lisa put Keegan;s suitcase inside the door. 

 

" Michael, I need to go take care of some stuff for Lance now."" She said answering her ringing phone. 

" OK. I'll see you later. Thank you for helping out." He replied as he knocked on the bedroom door. 

" ANytime." She said as she let herself out of the suite. 

" Keegan? Are you in here?" He asked, sticking his head inside the bedroom door. There hr found her sound asleep in the bed. Breathing a sigh of relief. He let himself into the room and sat down on the bed beside her. She felt the bed shift and sat up. Her hair was all haphazard, like she had slept really hard. 

" Josh?" She said, still not fully awake. 

" No Honey, It's Michael.  But, I can get him for you if you want me too."Michael smiled at her. 

" We got you checked out  and all your stuff is here"

SHe laid back against the pillows. " Thank you Michael. I feel bad that You guys had to do all that."

" You are family now, Keegan. We take care of our family. And you aren't well yet. It;s ok, How are you feeling?"He asked, concerned by how she looked at the moment. 

' I feel better than I did. I'm still really tired, but I guess that just goes with it."

" Where's Josh?"

" He and Lance went to meet up with Conner. They had some busniesss to take care of, They should be back soon. So, you get to hang out with little ol me for now. Is that OK?"

" More than ok. " She said, sitting back up and then throwing her legs over the side of the bed. Once she got her sea legs she tried to stand. But she felt light headed. And sat back down with a thud. 

" You ok?" Michael asked as she sat back down on the bed. " 

" I think so, I'm just really dizzy.  Guess I should just stay in bed. " She shook her head. Her stomach started to churn again, and the nasuea that she had experienced the day before threatened it's return if she moved too much.

" Keegan, are you sure you're ok?"

" Right now I'm not sure of anything. I'm sorry I'm not better company."

" Honey, you have been really sick. I don;t expect you to be 100 percent. "

The nasuea passed, and they sat there in silence for a while. Keegan broke the silence and said," Tell me about those babies. They are so cute."

Michael got this dopey grin on his face at the mention of his kids." The twins.....They are a force to be reckoned with. But, I should ba asking you about being married to our unicorn."

" I don;t remember anything . So back to you."

Michael was shocked by that statement. " You seriously don;t remember anything? Nothing?"

' Nothing. It's all a big blank. Just waking up looking like the bride of Frankenstein. And being sick. Maybe it will come back ove time. I don;t know." She said, hearing her phone ring. She dug around on the bed until she found it.  Looking at the screen, And saw that it was her mother ,Beatrice. 

" SHit. It's my mother. "She said, not looking very impressed. She swiped right against her better judgment. Her mother's face appeared on the screen. 

" Hello mother. "

" Keegan, you look terrible.  What's wrong with you? Why aren't; you on your way home yet?Jesse said that he talked to some man who was hurting you last night. '

Keegan smacked herself in the head, and shook it exasperated with what her mother had just said. " No, Mother. As usual, you are delusional. He called here at 1 am and spoke to my HUSBAND. He was not hurting me. " 

" NO dear, you aren't marred. We discussed this yesterday. Now you be a good girl and do what you have to do to get that marriage annulled and get back home so you can marry a real man."

" A Real man?? Ha. that's funny mother. What the hell is wrong with you two? I don;t want to annul my marriage. I don't even think we can annul it anymore anyway. We would have to get a divorce. And that is something that I am not willing to do."

" You don't even know this Jason person, Keegan. He could be some kind of serial killer or something. There has to be a way for you to dump him and come home and do right by Jesse. "Her mother said rather curtly.

This infuriated Keegan. " NO. I will not be coming home to all that. In fact, Like I told you before. I want Jesse Out of my apartment by the time I get back to LA."

" Which is when?"

" In a few days."

" You need yo get back home now, Keegan. You have your final dress fitting. And everything is ready for the wedding." 

 

" Mother, you are not hearing me.I am NOT marrying Jesse. Not now. Not ever. I am married to Josh, and I like it that way. When I come back to LA, I am staying with him. Cancel that farce of a wedding . I don;t want any of that shit anymore. "

 

 " I have spent a lot of money on this affair, Keegan.And it will happen , wether you want it to or not., young lady. You had better be bringing yourself home . No later than tomorrow." her mother thereatned.

Anger bubbled up inside Keegan and she said," MOTHER, you are not listening to me. I want you to hear me,because I will not be saying this again. I am Happy. I am not marrying Jesse. I am not angling my marriage to Josh. I am not coming home the same person. YOU will not dictate to me. I am 41 years old. I am cutting you and JEsse out of of my life as of now. GOODBYE."  Keegan disconnected the call before her mother could respond to her. 

 She sat up on the edge of the bed, and shrieked in rage. Making Micheal jump. Then she spiked her phone at the wall. It bounced off the wall and landed on the floor with a thud. 

She sat there on the bed, trying to calm herself, the nasuea returning with a vengeance. After a while it subsided, but a headache was left in it's place. She settled back against the pillows and tried to make the room stop spinning.  She opened her eyes and saw Micheal; standing there looking at her all concerned. 

" " I'm ok now."

" You sure?" he asked, sitting down on the side of the. Bed next to her.

" Yes. "

" So what's the deal with this Jesse character?"

" I was supposed to marry him two weeks from last Saturday."

" Oh.'

" But, I found him in my apartment, in my bed fucking my best friend last Friday. Right before I out here. This was supposed to be my bachelorette party weekend. "

" In that case, I'm Glad that you and C ran into each other. " Michael said, Still not able to wrap his head around all that he was priv to at the moment. 

" Now that my mother and Jesse know that I married Josh. They are gonna to do their level best to try to get there way. Do anything to make my life a living hell. " Michael certain that he could hear  fear in her voice. 

" Keegan, Are you afraid of this man?"

Keegan sat there, like she had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar. Shaken by what Michael asked her. " No . Why?" She lied. 

" Because that's not how it sounds. Is there a reason that you should be afraid of Jesse?" Michael asked her again. 

She hung her head, feeling the shame start to overtake her. She was about to admit something that she had never told anyone before. And she was telling MIchael. Not even her own husband. 

Looking back up at him." He hit me ."

Michael felt the anger build up inside him. He had only known Keegan for a few hours, and already considered her family. And no one beat on his family and got away with it. 

" You were gonna marry him? Why?"

" Stupid, I know right? I was being pressured by my mother. And him as well. I'm surprised that he isn't here already looking for me and trying to drag me back to LA." She said, getting out of the bed. Finally steady on her feet. Walking ove to window and looking out at the strip below. Watching the fountains dance across the lake, she said." Maybe I should get this marriage annulled. I don't want to bring Josh into all this. What if he gets hurt , Michael. I could not live with myself if something happened to him because of me. "

" No, Honey. Thtat is not an option. JC would never let you go back to that. Weather you were married or not. This is to dangerous for you.  Shit. I won't even let you go back to that life, Keegan. Stay with JC.  He has it bad for you and I. Know that you have feeling for him as well. Try and make this marriage work."

She turned back to look at Michael. The room started to spin , and Michael was going in and out of her focus. He watched as all the dolor drained out of her face. HE stood from the bed,

" Keegan, Are you Ok?" He asked, and she went down... He crossed the room and causght her mid fall. Pulling her up into his arms, he put her down on the bed Gently. 

" Keegan??" He said loudly, getting no response from her. 

"Keegan I need you to wake up , Honey." He said shaking her shoulders. She roused slowly. Her eyes opening. Glossed over at bed. " Josh? She whispered, and was out again. 

Michael grabbed his phone out of his pocket, and dialed JC's number.

JC picked up on the second ring. 

" Michael is everything OK?"

" NO. You need to come back up here now. She passed out. I have some information on Jesse that you need to hear. "

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story