Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

 

 

" Keegan, where does it hurt?" He asked, as he slid to the floor beside her . Completly freaked out by how bad she looked at the moment. She opened her eyes , but they were glazed over at best.  He picked her up off the bathroom floor and carried her into the bedroom and unloaded her onto the bed. 

 

Keegan opened her eyes again, and watched him as he grabbed his phone. It seamed like everything was in slow motion for her. HE paced as he talked on the phone. She was way to out of it to understand anything that he was saying. She closed her eyes again, unable to handle the light for to long at a time. She felt the shift in the bed, as he sat down on the edge near her. Her eyes opened  and closed again . As she was having a problem keeping them open.

" I'm OK." She mumbled. 

" You are not ok.The doctor is on his way up here right now to check you out right now. : He said, wiping her face down with a cool, clean cloth. It felt amazing, considering how bad she felt at the moment. 

There was a knock on the door. He got up ans went across the door to answer the door. She began to tremble, the feel of bile ran back up her throat, and she cried out. She squeezed her eyes shut, and prayed to Gof that he would just kill her now. To stop her from feeling this way.

 

" Mrs. Chasez?" She heard a male voice that was not JC aske her. She was not used to that title.

' Mrs. Chasez, where does it hurt?" The voice asked again. She rolled onto her side, and doubled over in pain . Unable to find words to describe anything. 

" She has been throwing up on and off for a few hours now." JC offered.

" I think that we need to put her in the hospital/"

That phrase opened my eyes. " No.! ' Keegan found her voice. " No Hospital I promise I'll be ok."

" At least let me get you some fluids and Nasuea medication. It's probably like you said, just too much to drink.But. I still recommend to take her to the ER is this does not work. " The doctor said, as he sat down beside Keegan. He  drew blood and Started an IV and gave her some IV zofran for the nasuea. The nurse that had come with him started a bag of Normal saline and opened it wide. The medication made her really sleepy. But thank God the  the zofran stopped the  vomiting and  calmed her stomach. she settled into the pillows and went into a drug induced sleep.

******

Keegan woke several hours later. No longer nauseated. she had the dry mouth from hell. She opened her eyes and found JC right beside her., asleep himself. She moved and he sat up with a start. " Keegan? You Ok?"

" Much berserk thank you." 

JC scratched his head " You're welcome. For what?"

" Taking care of me. You didn't have to do that."

" ou had too much to drink, I should have realized that."

" You were loaded too. How could you have known?" She asked. 

She loved looking at him. With the longer hair, just a hint of grey. IT made him even more handsome. His deep blue eyes, and his body was tones,and maybe not like in his twenties but she wasn't in her twenties anymore either. He would still have women falling all over him even without the fame. 

" We need to get this marriage annulled." She said quietly, surprising JC to say the least. 

" Why?" He asked.

" Because." She replied,and nothing else came to mind to say. 

" A compelling argument,,,,not convincing enough though."

She gave him an evil look." We were stinking drunk, JC. Neither of us knew what we were doing. Why in the actual hell would you not want an annulment?"

She half expected for him to come back with another glib statement. But instead he tilted his head and again studied her. She's read women in interviews saying that JC's stare made it feel like he was undressing toy with his eyes.  In the most delicious way. But, she felt more like he was looking inside her to her soul. It made her squirm But she could not decide if that was a good or a bad thing. 

" What do you know about me, Keegan?"

" What do you mean?"

" Before we met last night, what did you know about me? You said you were a fan., so I;m guessing that you know some stuff."

" Yes." She said cautiously, wondering where he was going with this conversation .

" have you ever heard or read interviews where I talk about marriage?"

" Yeah?" 

" you said that you would probably not ever get married. That it wasn't your thing."

More than that, two of his longest, most high profile relationships had ended when the mention of marriage was made. His last girlfriend , Jen said that he was afraid of commitment. 

JC Pointed at her, " Exactly. You know how fast we broke out when we came back from Germany. I won;t pretend that women haven't thrown themselves at me everyday since then. Models, fans. You name it. But, I still never got married or even wanted to get married."

" You didn't want to this time either. She argued,:" It only happened because we were both shitfaced drunk. "

He smiled lazily," I'm JC Chasez. This is not my first time getting shitfaced in Vegas. This is the first time I ever woke up. Married. "

" Where are you going with this, JC?"

He treated me to another pricing look," Obviously I saw something special in you. Or we would have never gotten married." He scooted closet to here taking her hand in his.

 " I don't remember what that something special was. But,I would like to find out.""

" What do you mead?"Keegan asked, sitting up against the headboard of the bed. 

" Stay marrried to me."

" But..." 

" FOr one month." JC cut her off. " That's all I'm asking. Just one month for us to get to know each other, and see if we can find that special thing again."

She played with the blanket, so she didn't have to look at him."what if there is nothing special?"

" Then we end our marriage. At the end of the month we never have to see each other again."

She gave him the side eye, and said," You are serious, aren't you?"

" I really am. I swore I would never get married. And I's likes to know more about the woman that finally got a ring on my finger."

" Ouch" She said, pinching herself.

" Yeah, this is real. This is not a dream." He grinned. 

" It feels like it." She muttered. 

' A good one or a bad one?"

" I'm not sure yet."

 

***********

 

Keegan was startled awake by the sound of voices in the room, One sounded like JC and the other one vaguely familiar. She opened her eyes to find her husband and the doctor she had seen a few hours before.. She looked up and noticed another bag hanging on the pole beside the bed. She was still sleepy, but over all felt a lot better. 

" Keegan?" The doctor said, coming over to the bedside. He shined a light in her eyes and she winced.Her head beginning to pound again. She squeezed her eyes closed , and turned her head away from the light. " Yes?" 

" still having a little light sensitivity?' 

" Yes."

" How is the nasuea?"

" Gone for now." She said as JC sat down on the bed beside her and took her hand in his. 

" you are lucky that your husband called me when he did. You do have alcohol poisoning. But, we can treat you here in the room. That way you two have your privacy. "

" I think we'll be ok. The most important thing right now is Keegan's health," JC said , smiling down at her. '

" I'm really tired. " She replied , not lying . She was exhausted. 

" That's to be expected" The doctor said, " You do not need to do anything right now but get as much rest and fluid ad possible. I'll send my nurses to check on you for the next few days. I will be back in the morning."

" Can I take a shower?" Keegan asked, feeling gross from all the sickness. 

" Not right now. Tomorrow morning. I want you in bed for the rest of the day. , unless you have to go to the bathroom. No other activity." He said , eying JC.

" No problem," Keega said , yawning as she drifted off to sleep again. 

The Doctor gave JC a list of instructions and then left the room. As he closed the door, his phone began to gingle in his pocket. He had turned the ringer off to not wake Keegan. He went into the living room and answered the phone. 

 

It was a fave time from Lance. he was in town for a meeting with an investor and had planned on getting together later on this afternoon. In all that happened int he last 36 hours he had forgotten about their meeting with Cooper.  He took a deep breath and answerd the call.

He at on the couch and answered the call.

" Hey...Wow you look like shit dude. " lance said , chuckleing," DId you. Have a little too much to drink last night?"

" You could say that. I ..UM. Well" he said scratching the back of his head. He would figure out that something was up. He could read JC like a book.

"JC?" lance heard a female voice in the background. " Can you help me?"

" Who is that?" You got lucky in Vegas, didn;t you C?" Lance teased him, A slow grin spread across his features. 

Color raised in his cheeks, " You could say that. Look can I call you back? I gotta go for now."

" C, What's wrong?"

" Nothing., I ned to go for now. I'll call you back in a minute,: He said ending the call abruptly.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Lance is about to find out!!!!!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story