Author's Chapter Notes:

Change of scenery.....

 

 

Keegan woke up a little while later, with JC right there next to her. HE had nodded off, his head against the headboard of the bed. 

 

" Josh?" She said quietly.

 

His head moved to the sound of his wife's voice. His eye cracked open and he smiled down at her. She looked much better than she had hours before. " Hey, How do you feel?"

 

She sat up against the headboard beside him.

" I feel better than I did. I'm sorry if I scared you. I don;t know what happened."

" You aren't over being sick yet. I should have kown better than to leave you so soon."

" You h ad that meeting with COnnor and Lance. you had to go. I had Michael with me."

He took her hand in his, and brought it up to his lips, kissing the back of her hand. 

 

" Did Jesse hit you?"

Keegan hung her head in shame, Then looked up at JC sitting there. He squeezed it , trying to reassure her. " Yes" She replied meekly.

" Did he hurt you in any other way?"

" No. He hit me on occasion. That's all."

" Michael said that he broke your nose."

" Yes. When we were in Sydney. He got really mad one night and he hit me in the face and shattered my nose. He spent the night in jail over it."She replied, rubbing the bridge of her nose absently.

" I came back to LA because of that actually. Left him there. I should have dumped his ass back then.  Hind sight is 20/20."

 

" We are switching rooms. I was just waiting for you to wake up before we got dressed and tried to move you. Lance and Michael are gonna take you to their room, until I get the room changed. "

" WHy?"

" For the same reason I'm gettting you a new phone. These people are gone out of your life as we know it."

"A new Phone?" Keegan said, surprised at JC's gesture. 

" One your mother and Jesse don't have the number to. Under Chasez."

' Do you really think that all that is necessary?"

" He will never touch you again if I can help it."

********

 

Keegan was to , say the least, floored by where they wound up next. JC pulled their rental car up in front of a house on a quiet street in Summerlin. 

HE pulled into the driveway, and got out of the car. A younger man came out onto the driveway. JC shook the man's hand and the man handed him a set of keys. Keegan opened the passenger side door and got out of the car. 

" Where are we?" She asked.

" I got this Air B and B. We're in Summerlin. " He said with a grin." It'S private, and it has a pool."

" Everything should be ready for you and your wife Mr. Chasez. I hope that it is too your liking. Just give me a call when you are ready to leave and I'll come by and get the keys. "

" I'm sure that everything is ok. Thank you Adrian, for everything. I know that you didn;t have much notice.But, as usual, yo have out done yourself. This place is great." JC said, shaking the man's hand. 

" Not a problem. Again. Please tell Lance and Michael I said Hi." Adrian replied, before getting into his car and driving away. 

" Well, Let's go see our new place. " JC stated, Grabbing Keegan's hand and leading her up to the front door. Where he stopped to open it. " Welcome home, at least for the next few days."

She walked into the house behind him. It had a huge open floor plan. The kitchen opened into a large living space. There were fresh cut roses in crystal vases all over the house. She was still marveling at how beautiful the house was when JC pulled her into his embrace. She melted into his chest. He tilted her chin up and kissed her gently on the lips. 

" Let's check out the bedroom." he said, linking his fingers in hers, and pulling her along, through the house to the back of the house. Down a small hallway, and into a dimly lit room.There was a king size four post bed, with white flowing fabric that hung from the posts forming a canopy. There were white tapers and  votive candles floating in water in different crystal vases around the room. On the bed were red rose petals strewn about and spelled out their initials J&K inside a heart. On the bedside table stood a white card, made out of heavy stock paper. Keegan pulled away from Josh long enough to pick up the card.

" Have a good time- Love L and M"

" Oh, I definitely plan on doing that. " JC said, Kissing her throughly. Her phone began ringing again and she pulled it out of her pocket. Dreading who it was, She looked at the screen. It was Jesse. 

" Let it ring." He said , Kissing her again. 

She let it ring, and ring and ring again. Then the phone stopped. THe phone pinged with a notification of a text message. She pushed him off and  looked at the text against her better judgement. 

I'm in Vegas. Where are you?

She typed back, sitting down on the edge of the bed. 

I'm with my husband. That is all you need to know. 

 

Three dots appeared on her screen.

I am marrying you weather here or back in LA. So you better be ready when I find you. 

I will find you. 

Keegan dropped the phone on the floor, her hands were shaking so bad. JC picked up the phone off the floor to read the texts. 

" Keegan, you can not let him get inside your head. I am here ,and I am not going anywhere.I am going to protect you from him." JC stated, with an edge to his voice that made her heart race.

" He's going to find us."She whispered. 

" We are hidden in plain sight. He will never think to look here. Not if we give him enough rope to hang herself. Do you trust me?" He asked her, sitting down next to her. 

" Yes." She said, not even thinking about it twice . She did trust him for some reason. More than she had ever trusted Jesse. Her phone began to ring again, this time when she looked at the screen it was Tabby. 

T: You need to come home, and get this over with. 

K:If you want him , you can have him.

T: I don't want him. This is all wrong, you should be here marrying him.

K: That's not what I saw in my apartment, In my bed. I saw you and Jesse fucking each other. You wanted him or you would not have done it. It would have just been someone else. Trust me, you weren't the first and you won't be the last. 

T:He really needs you Keegan. They are breathing down his neck. They are gonna deport him if you don't marry him.

K: He should have used his brain, instead of his dick then. OR at least been more discreet."

T: Come home Keegan.

K: No. I'm fine right where I am.

She felt the anger start to simmer with in her. She threw the phone across the room, where it hit the wall and shattered the screen into a mlillion pieces. She stood and started pacing the room.

"THAT STUPID BITCH!!!" She shrieked.

" Who was that?"

" Tabby, the girl I found Jesse fucking that lead to all of this. " 

" What the hell does she want?"

" For me to come home. They will not stop until they get what they want. Which is to apparently drive me insane."

" We can't change what happened. At least not that. What we can do is change how we respond to them." He stood and crossed the room to stand next to her. " You can't let them win."

" I don't want that life anymore, Josh." She replied quietly. Honestly not knowing what it was that she truly wanted anymore. He put his arms around her, pulling her close to him.

" Then Let's deal with this together."

" How? He wants what he wants, and hw will stop at nothing until he gets it. "

" He can't have you. you're taken. At least, I think you are."

"I am. I don't want that life anymore." She said, smiling at him. At her husband, not having any doubts in him, and every doubt in herself. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story