Author's Chapter Notes:

And Ava Meets het mom.

Too late...My grandfather had taken it to the next level. When Justin opened the door to escort me to his truck. We were met with shouting people and cameras in our faces. 

 

Flashes stung my eyes, Justin Put his hand over my face as much as he could. 

 

"Justin!! Is this the abortion?" 

". Did you really force Britney to lie about having an abortion and make her give your baby to your family?"

 

" The lie of all Lies."

 

All of these statements bounced around in my head, as Justin Loaded me into the back of his truck and drove off. Was this what he meant when he said that I was opening Pandora's box?All I wanted to do was meet the woman that had given birth to me, and my other family. I had no idea, until that moment, that he had opened Lynne's door what that would entail.

Tears streaked my face , curling into a ball on his back seat. My body wracked with sobs. I could see him looking from the review mirror.

" Ava, are you OK?"

" I don't know. " I replied honestly. Not really knowing how I felt about all that I had Just experienced. 

Justin kept driving. He could see that the same black car.A late model Cadillac. had been following them since they had left Lynne's place. He knew he needed to stop somewhere along the way. But, he had to shake these people first. 

" Dad?" he heard form the backseat, making him take notice of his daughter.

" Yeah," he swallowed hard, ready for whatever she had to throw at him.

" Are you sure that I wasn't a mistake?" I whispered , not looking at him. Closing my eyes and trying to get a handle on everything that had just happened to me.

Justin froze, Taking a moment to collect his thoughts. Then taking a deep breath.

" No, Ava Lea. You were not a mistake. Your mom and I loved each other very much at one time. Neither one of us were ready to be a parent and give you what you deserved. We were too young, and career driven. We did what we thought would be the best for you. And part of that was to keep you away from your mom's family. You just found out why. "

" My Grandfather."

" Jamie is a real piece of shit. As bad as Lynne can be, No one tops him in tha department."

" I never even met him."

" You are't missing much. He called the press, and is more than likely gonna have a press conference. All about how we kept you away from your rightful family .This shit is about to get real. I need to know that you trust me, Ava."

I laid there for a minute, I did. I trusted him. " I do."

" Then I need for you to follow my lead." He said, as he continued to watch me from the rear view mirror. His blue eyes were full of concern. He switched lanes, and the car behind him switched lanes as well. Scrolling his numbers on the phone, When he found the one he wanted he punched the number and waited.  After the third ring, A deep voice filed the truck.

" Yes sir. What's up?" The voice asked.

" Are you still behind me?"

" Yes. I can see you, and the black Cady that is following you." 

" Can you do something about that ?" Justin asked.  I sat up and looked out the back window of the truck. Sure enough, a black car was right there. Almost on his bumper. 

" Sure thing. Just get off at the next exit. I'll take care of the rest. "

" Thanks, John. You're a life saver. "Justin said, hanging up the call. Looking for the next sign that said anything about the next town. Vicksburg. 

As soon as the first exit for Vicksburg came up, Justin took it, and so did the black car.Casting a glance over his shoulder at his daughter. " Ava, I need you to stay down and hold on." 

By the sound of his voice , I knew. He was serious. I lay down in the back seat and held onto the door handle for dear life. I felt the speed of the truck increase, the tires peeling out from under it. Then the truck made a sharp left turn.Blazing through a gas station parking lot and back up onto the on ramp of the highway. Effectively losing. The black car, all for the man named John to take care of. 

Adrenaline ran through his veins, as he tried to slow down . Looking one more time in the mirror above him, to see id the black car was still there. Relieved to find it no longer there, he drove onto their destination. Jackson, Mississippi.

The hum of the road, and and my utter exhaustion had lulled me to sleep there in the backseat of my dad's truck. The truck came to a stop sometime later. The opening of the driver's side door shook me wake. Then I heard voices. My dad. And a female voice. Oddly familiar. I sat up in the seat.  Opening the door of the truck , to see that they had stopped in the parking lot of an Econo Lodge.  Standing to Justin's right, was the shock of her life thus far. It was her mother, Britney.

Slowly, I got out of the truck, standing on shaky legs.  Our eyes met, blue for blue. She looked me up and down and smiled . Unable to speak, I sucked in a ragged breath. 

" Ava? Are you ok?" I heard Justin ask me. As the color started to fade in my cheeks. 

" M...Mama?"came from my lips.  Britney stood there, tears silently streaming down her cheeks.She stepped forward, closing the 24 year gap between us and pulled me into her embrace. 

Chapter End Notes:

As always.....Feed back appreciated. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story