WHY?? I abruptly hang up on him.Tears stream down my face as. I get in my car, and just drive. I have no idea where I'm going, as long as it't not here. 

 

 

24 hours later.....

 

James, Eliza's husband answered the door to Justin on the other side. A look of relief came over his face. "Good I'm glad toy could come out on such short notice." He said stepping to the side so Justin could come into the house. 

Justin shook his hand and said," have you heard anything from her? Has anyonw seen Ava?"

" No." Liza said, as she camie into the living room from their kitchen. " She's angry. What did you say to her, Justin?"

' I told her the truth. That Britney wrote this crap to get at me. She wanted to know why her mom did not want her. I told her that she did want her, but her family was bad news. And that she signed her over to me as soon as she was born to keep her out of this shit. She did not take that very well. She hung up on me."

 

" We have to find her." Liza Saudi wringing her hands together. She did not look well at all. 

" I think I may know where she is. But , you have to let me do this my way. It may involve Britney too."

" You know how I feel about that , Justin."

" I also know that she has a right to know exactly to know why things are the way they are., Liza, This is about Ava. Not us. Now we all have to live with the outcome of what we all did years ago. Grant you, I never dreamed that this would happen, but it has and we have to deal with it."

" Yo do what ever you have to do to get my girl back here safe." Liza replied, now clinging to her husband. " She has no idea what she is doing."

" I won't let her drown, Liza. But, this is something that my daughter and I have to do together. I can't let her do this on her own." Justin stated." I think she may have gone to Louisiana."

" Why would she do that?" 

" To see where her mother came from. Possibly to hook up with Lynne.I don;t know. But,I have a gut feeing that's where she is headed.Has anyone tracked her phone?"

" No, I never thought of that." Liza said, surprised at herself because she had not thought of it first. 

Justin pulled out his phone and said," I has trackers put on every device she has ever gotten. That may seem stalker- like, but I bave never had to use it until now.So here goes nothing."

He typed into his phone and waited for a moment. A look of relief came over his face. 

"She's getting close to Kentwood. "  He stood and said, " I need to go get her. I'll keep in touch,." 

 

******

 

I stopped at a rest stop for a little sleep. Waking up in a rest stop is a little disconcerting when you are alone. I got out of the car and went into the bathroom to clean up a little. I could not believe I has made it as far as I had in one night. I was so mad that I had not paid attention to the time , It was now a little after 8 in the morning. And I noticed that my phone was off. I forgot to charge it and it was now dead to the world. I plugged it into the charger and it came back to life. 

 

At least 30 text from My mama and As many from Justin. There were even a few from Jess, wondering if I was ok and where I was. There was also a few from My best friend from School, Lola. She wondered where I was and why I blew off study group with a test coming up. 

 

I put the phons down on the seat, and started the car up.  I ignored all the messages, that were still coming through. I had one goal on this trip. To meet my mother, one way to the other. And I was gonna start with my grandmother Lynne.

*****

 

I looked at the address on my phone to see if it was the right place.THis had do be it. The house was set off the road a bit. With a circle drive out front. There were several cars sitting out front, so I just pulled in behind one of them. Sitting there in the driveway for a moment. Fear gripped me. What if this had all been for nothing. What if she rejected me? What if she calls me a liar and slams the door in my face. Well,  I need to know one way or the other....I get out of my car and walk up to the ornate front doors and ring the bell.

 

A few seconds later, an older darn haired woman answered the door, Virginia Slim hanging off her lips opened the door...

" Well that was ....." She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me standing there. She was obviously not expecting me.

" Who are you?" She said backing away from the door, like she had seen a ghost. Maybe she had..

" My name is Ava. Ava Lea Timberlake." I say as I watch the color drain out of my grandmother's face. 

" My Britney's baby girl. Oh My God." She whispered.

" Yes . I'm your granddaughter."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story