Author's Chapter Notes:

stories/2399/images/vip_pass.jpg

The VIP PASS (Credits to GOOGLE)

Georgia's Picture (AI/PHOTOLAB from Author)

stories/2399/images/17197650-42c0-43a6-b6ca-5c29d67bb0b7.jpg

It was a week full of texts and phone calls here and there between Georgia and Randall, talking almost about everything and sharing stuff about each other. Georgia already had the guts to ask him about the nature of his job and why he was always on the road to different places. "You'll know when you get here." was the only answer she got from Randall without any clarification at all. Should she be concerned? Georgia didn't want to rack her brain that much with that piece of undisclosed information but, a part of her was really curious. Apart from that, she was able to obtain information such as his hometown, upbringing, siblings, and how he loves to perform as well.


One time, when they were talking before bedtime, she heard Randall humming NSYNC's I Drive Myself Crazy. His voice was so soft, angelic, and raspy. Georgia couldn't help herself from blushing, she felt like he was singing for her. Urgh! You're being delusional! she berated herself as she continued to concentrate on Randall's singing.


I lie awake
I drive myself crazy
Drive myself crazy
Thinking of you


As Randall sang the chorus again, Georgia blurted out, "You sound like a tad one of the guys" She giggled as she complimented Randall.


Randall who seemed startled that she noticed, asked. "I do? Who?"


Georgia bit her lip and stared at her ceiling, contemplating which one from the five to-die-for guys, "I figure it's Justin? Not sure though. Just a little" Randall let out a small chuckle.


A few days later...


While packing her stuff for their upcoming flight to New York which is just a couple of days away, Georgia's phone text message alarm went on. A text from Randall.


"Hi! Just giving you a heads-up that we're about to get into our flights to New York at the moment. I forgot to tell you to open Justin's Marionette. I slid in something there."-- Randall


Georgia began typing:


"I see. I'll check it now. Are you onboard already?"


Randall: "No, we're still checking in. Text me when you see it, okay?"


Georgia: "Noted!"


With that, she hurriedly walked upstairs to her bedroom and once inside, she grabbed Justin's marionette which was placed on the couch near her window, along with the four guys' dolls. Another surprise? What could it be this time," she thought as she tried to open the box delicately, which was hard for her because she was also pumped up about what was inside the box with Justin.


She took Justin out of its box and peeked at the back part of the box. Hidden there were colored like laminated pictures or cards, she couldn't make what of it, so she pulled it outside slowly, making sure she wouldn't cut or tear it.


She gaped at what was in front of her two eyes. All this time, she was not aware that one of the boxes carried three lavish gifts from a friend she hadn't met yet personally. The tulips? That was basic and was not unanticipated from a guy friend. These expensive marionette dolls? Generous of him. But, these three VIP backstage passes were close to grandiosity, for her, at least. She wasn't sure if she was ready to take it, she felt like it was too much. She's over the moon but, at the same time, feels uneasy.


Without delay, she started dialing Randall's number.


"Hey. I've seen it now," she said calmly, trying to shake off the uneasiness and had no idea how to turn down a gift.


Randall was silent at the moment, sensing something might be wrong. "Wow! That's wonderful. Did you like it?" His voice weighing.


"Randall, Thank you so much. Don't get me wrong, okay? I like it, of course, but I don't think I can accept that at all. I mean, those set of dolls might have cost you a lot already. I don't think it is appropriate for you to be spending too much on me.", she blurted out and sighed.


"Georgia, it's nothing. Believe me. It did not cost me that much and even if it is, I don't mind. I just wanted you to be there with me backstage." Randall explained.


Georgia was still undecided and made no answer, Randall begged, "Please, Georgia, I want you to be there. I NEED YOU TO BE THERE." verbalizing those last five words firmly.


Still contemplating, she heard background noises, voices of guys speaking, one of them said. "Hey, Lanceton let's go!"


As if on cue, Randall spoke in a hushed voice. "Please, Georgia? Promise me you'll be there?"


Georgia let out a big sigh and said, "Okay. I'll see you there, then."


A sigh of relief was heard at the other end. "Thank you, Georgia. I'll see you. We're walking up the plane now. Bye." Randall spoke in haste.


July 25th


The morning of the flight...


"Honey, we want you to enjoy this New York tour with Jovie. Enjoy the concert, the busy streets and nights there strolling but, promise me one thing?", Mrs. Saunders gazed at the charming face of her daughter, Georgia as they both plumped down on the teenager's bedThere is no denying that Georgia has one of the prettiest faces in their High School, with her long, Auburn, wavy hair, fair skin complexion, eyes that light up when she smiles, prominent cheeks, a nose that is not pointed nor flat, enough to complement her lips and face that perfectly framed with her jaws. 


Georgia looked at her Mother straight in the eyes and spoke, "Mom, I promise I would never do anything stupid or dangerous. We're with Frank, remember? Also, Jovie's Dad."


Her mom grabbed both of her palms and enwrapped them with hers, looked down at them, and finally looked at Georgia. "We know. Honey, it's not what your Dad and I were concerned about. It's about this Randall guy." then breathed out heavily. 


Without letting her mom say another word, she interrupted. "Mom, I know. Please trust me. I would never be engaged in any intimacy with a guy, at least not this early. I am not prepared for that. I like him but not to that level yet. He's a friend, yes. But, still a stranger to me. I won't do anything stupid. I know my boundaries."  


"We know, Honey. We trust you, we're just a little anxious, you know? This is your first time traveling without us. And you're meeting a guy friend you met online. That's wild and forgive us if we're a bit scared of our precious daughter. But we know, you are with your friends, we trust you and will pray that this Randall guy is a good guy." her mother smiled as she spoke and then gave Georgia a tight hug. "I can't believe you're at this age now when you get to meet guys and go out with them. It feels just like yesterday when we held you in our arms for lullabies."


She gave her teary-eyed mom another squeeze and said, "Oh, Mom pls don't make me weep" She let out a small laugh to stop the lump in her throat. She feels so lucky to have such loving and supportive parents. She knew the danger of this online thing with Randall, her father even talked her out of it one time and she also had a serious conversation with him a few days ago. "I will keep my promise, Mom, tell Dad, okay? This is just like a fling/crush thing I want to enjoy."


At Seattle-Tacoma Airport


"Enjoy, you three!" Georgia's parents and Jovie's Mom shouted at them after they bade their goodbyes and walked towards the check-in counters at The Sea-Tac Airport. Jovie gave them a rock n' roll pose as they took a second look at them while Georgia sent them her flying kisses. 


1 message:


Randall: "Safe travels. can't wait to see you!"



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story