A week later..


"Why do we have to go with you to Jovie's house?", Amir asked her older sister Georgia as they walked through the streets of Seattle heading to the Ong's house. It was just a five to ten-minute walk, but for the five-year-old boy, it seemed like hours. 


Gia looked at Georgia and then at their little brother who was holding both their hands while walking. "Cause we wouldn't want to leave you there alone with the ghosts." mocking the poor little boy. 


Georgia looked down at Amir, who was now looking at her with annoyance because of Gia's retort. "No, it's because it's not safe to leave you there alone. Come on, we'll be quick and we can go to the ice cream store after. You like that?" Georgia asked, in an attempt to buy her little brother's trust at that moment. Mrs. Saunders and Genevieve went to her father's office to drop off some homemade pasta and brownies their Mom made, so that left Georgia to look after the two. 


Jovie called her after lunch to notify her that there was a package at their doorstep waiting for her. It was named for Georgia but addressed to the Ong's house. She chuckled as she recalled her best friend's banter over the call, "Since when do you live here, Georgie? Mom says she's not informed.". She forgot to tell her best friend she had given her address instead of her true address to Randall when the latter asked for it because he claimed he'd be sending her something. Now, she has to explain. 


"Hey guys, would you like some lemonade and cookies?" Mrs. Ong called after them from inside the kitchen when they arrived at the spacious Ong's living room with two sets of sofas and a grand piano. Without a thought, her siblings went running to the kitchen. 


Placed on top of the center table was a medium-sized, rectangular USPS box, still sealed and waiting to be opened. "Let's free what's inside," uttered Jovie while handing her a small cutter with a wide smile on her face. Jovie bought her explanation too well, without even giving Georgia harsh judgments. 


Countless shredded tiny paper fillers filled the box as they opened it, and in the middle were five dolls laying on it, FIVE NSYNC MARIONETTE dolls. In an instant, upon seeing them, the two best friends shrieked in delight, jumping and hugging each other. They quickly grabbed all five, revealing a card underneath it. Georgia examined the card, it was just a simple white card and inside it says:


"Georgia,


Congratulations, pal! Haha, I know that by the time these dolls reach you, you're already done with school. Just wanna say thanks for being my peace in this crazy world I am in. See you?


Randall Timberlake.. haha kidding, just Randall!"


Jovie let out another shriek when Georgia read the card and noticed her best friend's smile while reading the card. "What if he's really Justin? hahaha" Jovie even joked. 


Georgia made a face knowing that was way impossible, also she's okay for him just being Randall and not Justin, she's not that delusional about JT, at least, that's what she thought.


They stayed till dinner since Mrs. Ong asked them to, saying she would prepare foods for more than five people and that she wanted to give some Chinese noodles to Mrs. Saunders. "Why don't you just call him to say thank you instead of texting or chatting with him?" Jovie suggested as they plumped themselves on one of the couches inside the Ong's gaming room. Jovie's brothers Frank and Marco were playing PlayStation with Amir while Gia was trying to be busy with the Jenga game but seemed to be struggling on it.


"I don't know if it is such a good idea. Last time I tried, all I heard was a deafening background noise." Georgia answered while taking a sip of her soda.


Jovie snatched her phone from her. As Georgia tried to snatch it back from Jovie, the latter tucked it to her side and raised one finger at her, "No. Nah-uh! I am not letting this one slide. The guy deserves a proper thank you instead of just a text or chat. Also, you deserve it too. In short, you both deserve to move past the text or chat and level up. Like hello, you guys will be seeing each other as well in a month's time. Better to do this now." 


"I Concur" Gia who was eavesdropping interjected. 


"Right?" uttered Jovie, giving Gia an approving nod while dialing Randall's number on Georgia's cellular phone. Jovie held the phone to her ear while Georgia and Gia both leaned in closer. Jovie bit her thumb and Gia made funny faces, both looked intrigued. On the other hand, as much as thrilled Georgia was at that moment, she also felt uneasy, she had no idea what to say and how to respond or what Randall would think of her for making this call. 


Suddenly, the ringing came to a halt. Jovie promptly handed the phone to her and placed it on her ear. "Hello?" a soothing voice of a guy muttered. 


Georgia was left speechless. Oh my! His voice! Jeez, mine sounds like a child! she thought. Now, more than ever, Georgia felt embarrassed. 


"Georgia?" the guy said in a warm voice. Jovie elbowed her, signaling for her to speak. 


"Um, yes. Randall?", she finally mustered up the courage to speak in a cute voice in an attempt to make her voice match the warmth of the other speaker, which made Jovie to hold her laughter, and so did her brothers. Georgia widened her eyes at them in disbelief. 


"Hmm, yes speaking," Randall muttered in somewhat a shy tone. "You called? Uhm... I was actually planning on calling you, I just got preoccupied these past few days." he said apologetically in such a warm voice to which Georgia found soothing.


Oh my God, why does he have to sound this fuckin' good?, Georgia thought. 


"Oh no, that was fine. I just wanna say a proper thank you for the dolls," she exclaimed, her hands sweating. 


"You what?," asked Randall. "Sorry, you spoke too fast.". She had not realized she was speaking hastily, which shows how tense she was.


"BREATHE" Jovie mouthed at her, everyone gathered around her, including Jovie's two brothers and Amir. 


She sighed and explained, trying her best to calm down to prevent herself from speaking fast again, "I said that was fine. I just want to say thank you for the dolls. You know, rather than texting or chatting, I think it's best and proper to call you instead." 


"You deserve a call after the tulips and the dolls," she added jokingly before Randall could answer. 


Randall let out a giggle, enough for Georgia to laugh as well which lightened the mood and made Georgia to feel easeful. "So? Is this gonna be a regular thing? Us talking over the phone now?", asked Randall in a hushed tone.


Oh my Gosh, why does this guy makes me feel like this with just his voice?, Georgia ruminated. She could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks again, Jovie was looking at her questionably, all eyes were on her. Biting her lower lip, she answered reluctantly, "Hmm, if you'll start calling me in your free time, maybe?"


She can hear Randall's soft chuckle. "I was gonna beseech you into saying yes if ever you'll say No," Randall answered back. 


Jovie mouthed "WOW" when she heard what Randall had just said. Georgia tittered, not knowing what else to say. 


"I guess I have to go now. Will be heading home in a few." Georgia mentioned. 


"Oh, okay. Where you at?"


"We're at Jovie's."


"We?" Randall interrogated. 


"Yes, I'm with my siblings."


Randall let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, okay. Let me know when you're home then?"


"Sure. Bye." Georgia said quickly. 


"Bye. Thanks for this, Georgia."


"His Voice!!" both Jovie and Georgia burst out. 





You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story