"So, shall we go for cocktail dress? or maxi?", Jovie asked Georgia as she took a bite of her hot dog sandwich at a hotdog stand, as if no quarrel had happened between them in the past week.


"Cocktail for me," Georgia replied while in between chewing her own sandwich and dabbing a tissue at the corners of her mouth. 


Days have rolled by after Georgia made a confession to her best friend about her little online chatting secret resulting in Jovie's sulking for a few days, thus resulting in her muting Georgia whenever the latter tries to apologize to her.  A little tiff won't hurt the two, they grew up having a number of those, yet still choose to be the best of friends. They knew exactly when to cease and fire. 


"Absolutely. Okay, let's just hope there are still good dresses left for us." Jovie stated, raised both her eyebrows, and grinned. Seattle High's Senior High Commencement is approaching in a week and the two are just getting ready to prepare for it. They started their walk towards Pacific Place in search of their outfit and accessories. 


The next afternoon, she received a text from Smoothguy telling her to check her AOL inbox stating that he had sent her a picture. WOW! Could it be a picture of him this time? Hmm, maybe I should send him one too? , Georgia ruminated. She scrambled through her bag, checking if she had her digital camera with her as she made her way through the lobby of their school for her last period. Urgh! Great timing, I forgot it at home.  she thought. 


"'Kay, I'm excited. What could it be this time? "--- SENT.  They have been exchanging pictures over AOL in the past month, but never did Smoothguy sent her a picture of him. Never once. He sends her random pictures like the view of where he is, some stadium and arenas, foods he eats, and clothes he wears, she mocks him sometimes for the choice of his clothes. Like why would someone wear super baggy pants with different colored vests on a regular day? Georgia laughed at her thoughts.  In return, Georgia sends him pictures at school as well, her activities, and snacks and she managed to send him one picture of her, not minding the dangerousness at all. Yeah, Georgia the risk taker. 


1 Message:


"haha. You'll love it." followed by another text. 


"Got to go. We'll be on the bus in a while"


On the bus? Where is this guy going again? Georgia was about to reply but stopped. Hmmm, hold your horses, Georgia. You don't need to ask, she contemplated.  What is he? She recalled the places he told her he had been in the past months. Going back and forth from Tennessee to Florida, Arizona, Georgia, Los Angeles, and even went to Canada. 


She dashed upstairs to her bedroom as soon as she got home, almost tripping on the flock of their stairs and knocking over her Mom's vase at the bottom side rails. "Georgieee!!" her mom hollered at her.


"Oops! Sorry, Mom!" Georgia answered almost out of breath. Once inside her room, she immediately turned on her computer and opened her AOL. Lo and behold! There was a picture of NSYNC's complete set of newly released Marionette Dolls!


Justinsgirl: "Wow! Have you already got your hands on those? I'm jealous! Haha"


MrSmoothguy: "Haha yup. Don't be. It's not mine."


Justinsgirl: "Nathan? Wow, just wow."


MrSmoothguy: "By the way, what date will you be watching?", he asked, obviously ignoring Georgia's last statement. 


Justinsgirl: "We got the 26th date. But we'll fly on the 25th."


MrSmoothguy: "'kay, I'll see you then."


Justinsgirl: "You and Nathan will be watching from there as well?"


MrSmoothguy: "Kinda, yeah. Also, I'll be sending you some stuff. Might be there in a week or so."


Justinsgirl: "Huh? What is it?" she asked, bewildered as to what those stuff might possibly be and why is he sending her stuff. 


MrSmoothguy: "It's a little surprise." was his short response then quickly changed the topic. They chatted until Smoothguy mentioned that he had to take a power nap before his event later tonight. 


Always on the go. Such a tireless guy, Georgia presumed. 





You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story