"Bad news." Jovie greeted her in despair as she opened the door of their lavish house and let Georgia inside. 


"You've got to be kidding me," Georgia replied in anguish as she stepped inside the marbled floor of the entrance of the Ong's house, fully anticipating what Jovie was about to say. 


Jovie just nodded her head sideways, shrugged her shoulders, and muttered, "It's sold out! ". Georgia, speechless, followed her best friend as she led her towards the living room where her brothers were both there, one engrossed in the Piano at the corner, the other slumped on one of their luxurious divan couch, reading a magazine. 


Georgia looked at her friend's face, not uttering a single word, studying her best friend's face. Then turned to look at Marco, his stoic expression was not giving any assurance or confirmation to Georgia. She then walked towards the grand Piano where Frank was seated and playing a piece. "Frank?" she asked him hopefully. 


Frank looked up at her, his reaction was questioning Georgia. "Come on. Were you not really able to get tickets? You promised us you will help", Georgia told Frank, stopping her tears. 


Frank burst into laughter, and so did Jovie. "It"s all settled, you crybaby!" Frank yelled at her.


"That's hilarious! You're about to cry.!" Jovie stated in between her laughter. 


"You guys! You almost got me!" Georgia replied as she sat down, feeling relieved. 


"They really got you. You should have seen the look on your face.", Marco butted in, also letting out a chuckle. 


She stayed for dinner at Jovie's house with her parents' approval, provided that either Marco or Frank would walk or drive her home, or if could not, she had to call her Dad so he could come pick her up. "We got good seats! I can now imagine what I'll do when Lance walks past me near the stage!" Frank said with enthusiasm. Looks like they got the second high-priced tickets.


"You're suddenly a fan." Georgia state while having a bite of her pizza.


Jovie elbowed her and said, "He is! Just can't admit it at first." Frank rolled his eyes at his sister, Jovie stared back. The typical and never-ending bickering of the two can not be stopped by their mother's presence. 


She was about to lean on the table to help herself with a soda and another slice of pizza when her cellular phone text notification went on. Ooops! she thought. She slid her phone under the table over her lap to take a peek because Mrs. Ong, Jovie's mother has a strict no cell phone rule during dinner.  She was able to open the message still but plans on texting back later. 


It's from an unregistered number and it says:


:Hi! Just wanna let you know I'm back in Memphis"


"Who's back in Memphis?" Jovie whispered.


"Jesus Christ, Jovie!" she whispered back. She was startled catching Jovie peeking at her text as well. Or more like, she was startled that she was caught by her best friend.


Georgia blanked out, not knowing what to answer. Jovie widened her eyes at her and asked again. "Care to share, Georgieeee?" 


"I'll explain later,"  she answered backsmiling sheepishly at her best friend. 


As she hit the bed, she started explaining to Jovie over text what had been happening with her and a certain MrSmoothguy. Of course, Jovie did not take it lightly, saying she was hurt that she was unaware of her best friend's 'shenanigans' as she quoted. They did not end the night on a good note. Georgia was hoping she could fix it tomorrow. 


Her: "Hey, is this Smoothguy?"-- sent


She then started to reply to the unregistered number. Though she was certain it was him, she still wanted to be sure. But there was no reply for ten minutes. Curled up in her soft bed, an idea popped up in her mind, "Call him, you weirdo!". She sat up from her bed, rested her head on the headboard, and hesitantly pressed the call button. As tensed and timid as she was, an excitement rushed over her as well. This will be the first time that they'll be speaking over the phone, that is if he answers. 


She listened to the ringing on the other line while biting her lower lips. "Pls Answer.", she thought. Then the ringing finally came to a stop, Georgia felt her blood rushing to her face, her heart pounding hard. "He-llo?", she said in an unsure voice and almost like a whisper. But, she was answered by a loud noise from the other side. It was as if there was a party going on, loud music was playing in the background. 


"Hello?", she repeated, now in a louder voice. There was still no answer from the other end of the line. Now, she can hear voices from somewhat like a crowd of people, as if screaming excitedly. What's happening? confused, she stayed on the line to listen. Some people yelling, "Ready? Lift 1.2.." can be heard and then it became inaudible again before the call was dropped.


"He must be out partying with friends, you stupid!", Georgia pondered and scolded herself while reclining herself to bed to doze off. 


Meanwhile, NSYNC was out performing at their May 12th No Strings Attached tour at Pyramid Arena in Memphis, TN. 





You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story