Author's Chapter Notes:

stories/2399/images/download.jpgCrtedits to google for this picture

"Hey," Jovie called out from the hotel room door as Georgia brushed her teeth. 

 

"Are you spending the night here in my room?" she asked Jovie after she gargled and spit. 

 

"Maybe?", leaning on the bathroom door and putting her hands in her pocket, Jovie announced, "Justin's waiting outside. We're going somewhere." 

 

"Where?" she asked while looking at her wristwatch that said 2100H, surprised that Justin hadn't mentioned a thing earlier about going out tonight. 

 

Jovie just shrugged her shoulders at her. "Come on, Marco and Frank are coming too." 

 

---

 

Wearing a pink furry coat over her long sleeves and PJs, and twinning UGG boots with Jovie, Georgia walked hand in hand with Justin and Gia on her other hand, along with Jovie, her two brothers, and Justin's brother, Nathan on the busy streets of NYC on a cold winter night before New Year's Eve. 

 

"Where are we going?" she asked Justin.

 

"Here." Justin stopped at a wall full of sticky notes near their hotel. "These are the confetti that are being thrown in the air every New Year's Eve here in Times Square's Ball drop," he explained as he walked over to a booth and gestured for them to follow his lead. 

 

Raising his arms midway to the air, he recited dramatically with a British accent, "Now, this is Times Square's Wishing Wall." 

 

Nathan chuckled, "What's with the accent? We're Southerns, Bro"

 

"I just felt like it," he replied with a sassy smirk. He continued with his normal accent, "We write our wishes on sticky notes, we pin them on the Wishing wall, and we wait for New Year's Eve Ball Drop to see them shower us with these as confetti." 

 

They each snagged a sticky note and began scribbling their wishes, then pinned the notes on the Wishing Wall after which. 

 

He looked down at Gia who was eyeing the wall with a smile. "Will it make our wishes come true?", she asked Justin.

 

Scratching his head, Justin grinned at Georgia. "help me out here." 

 

"You can do it," Georgia said, containing her laughter.

 

He bent down at Gia, "Well, you know, Santa receives more than 8 million letters every year from children worldwide." 

 

"And?"  Gia asked, her inquisitiveness even more evident as she stared at Justin, waiting for his answer. 

 

"And he only had a few reindeer so, it's a long wait, you have to be patient," Justin added. "What did you write?"  he asked, changing the subject. 

 

"Wishes are supposed to be a secret," she answered immediately. "And I know, those notes won't be sent to Santa, you said they would be thrown as confetti." 

 

Marco mumbled, "You're not informed about how smart she is." which made them all laugh. 

 

"Yeah, it seems so," he said. "Okay, mini Georgia, let's head back to the suite." while taking Gia's hand as they started to march back to the hotel. 

 

"But I'm not little Georgia, we're different," she uttered in disapproval.

 

"Are you? Well, you look like Georgia, you're both beautiful, and your name sounds like it is short for Georgia." Justin explained, who looked like he was enjoying his dialogue with Gia. 

 

"My name is just Gia," Gia replied as they stepped inside the lobby of the hotel. "I am smarter than her, ask my Mom. And we have different likes. I like JC." she said matter-of-factly. 

 

The elevator was filled with "Woah's" with Gia's retort. Justin was cracking up when Gia followed it up with, "I mean, I like you too, you're nice. But my crush is JC. Georgie was all over you since I can remember." she said, rolling her eyes. Everyone was containing their laughter with Gia's witty responses. 

 

Justin squeezed Georgia's hand and whispered, "She's so clever." 

 

DEC 31, day of NYE.

 

After a gratifying and lavish lunch of steak and an assortment of seafood at the Rennaisance Hotel, they all went back to their suites to prep for the band's performance later at the New Year's Rockin Eve at the Ball Drop. They all decided to go, to be together when the clock struck midnight. The band will be performing at around 10 pm and due to the festivities, the road will be jammed with people on the streets, which would make it impossible for them to head back to the hotel right after. 

 

Merrymakers started to fill the streets late in the afternoon and the roads were already closed to any vehicles. It was a good thing the Band, along with Momma Lynn and Nathan were picked up by their service limousine earlier. 

 

Georgia's phone rang as they winded their way through a throng of revelers of different ages, individually, couples, and in groups heading to the same area. "Hello, J?"

 

"Georgie, where are you?" 

 

"We're almost there, the crowd is growing here." 

 

"I see that. Are you sure you can make it here on the guest fence?" he asked, sounding worried. 

 

"Yeah, I can see the stage now. We're close."

 

"Okay, Just tell one of the securities that you're on the list under our name. They are aware. Take care, I'll see you in a bit." 

 

As they were approaching the stage, they noticed that the Ball was already being seen along Broadway. They were let inside the guests' fence the moment they arrived, along with other performer's family and friends. They were met with the band once they were settled and introduced to another famous band named O'Town.

 

Gia was gushing all over JC all through the introduction. JC made her beaming with bliss every time JC talked to her. The funny thing was, JC was amused at her too, and her puppy crush on him. 

 

Came 1800H, the celebration began with live telecasts around the globe. The Ball was then lit and ascended with blasts of par excellence fireworks effects. 

 

Justin stood behind her as they watched the fireworks, hugging her from her back "My heart is so full, I can't believe I'm now about to welcome New Year with someone I adore so much." he mumbled to Georgia's ears in his husky voice. 

 

Georgia turned her head to look at him. His voice alone was music to her ears, hearing his words made her swoon. Her own heart started to feel warm as she saw his sapphire eyes displaying affection, his pupils started to dilate. 

 

"I feel the very same way, J" she whispered back. Justin smacked her on the lips and she leaned her head over his shoulder as they continued to watch the Ball and the Host's announcement of the opening of the New Year's Rocking Eve. 

 

Wearing the party hats as part of the party poppers that were given to them, they watched and dance with excitement as the band performed onstage as one of the Star Performers for that year's New Year's Rocking Eve. 

 

"I am glad we're all here to experience this." Her mom spoke against the blaring sounds from the performances and gave Georgia a squeeze on her shoulder. Both of her parents seemed to be enjoying the show, they were smiling, mingling with other guests, and even dancing and singing. So were her siblings, Gia, Genevieve, and Amir who were playing with their party poopers and were singing, especially Gia who screamed her heart out when JC was onstage. 

 

Throughout the show, Justin would come out from backstage to join them on the guests' fence with Georgia on his side or hugging her as they both gawked at other performers onstage. 

 

At 2359H, a minute before the 1st of January, before the big moment, The Ball began to descend as it was simulated with the sixty-second countdown flashing on the big monitor. 

 

"5, 4, 3, 2."  the crowd began to chant the countdown. 

 

"1!" as the clock struck midnight on January 1, 2001, the New Year's Ball's lights were turned off, and the number of the year 2001 flashed shining atop Times Square. 

 

Everyone was greeting everybody a Happy New Year! Couples started to kiss, as well as their parents and of course, Justin & Georgia. 

 

Cupping her chin, Justin leaned down to kiss Georgia. Their lips locked and tounges intertwined, as the New Year's confetti made up of the wishes written on sticky notes was showered to the celebrators from the rooftops of all the buildings surrounding Times Square.  It created a downpour of vibrant colors of confetti in the area, making it mystical and romantic, especially for reveler couples such as Justin and Georgie. 

 

Staring and enamored by her girlfriend's pretty face, Justin spoke as soon as they stopped kissing, "This is one of my most unforgettable New Year's Eve for me. I love you, my Georgie." 

 

Still short of breath from the long kiss they shared, and from finally hearing those three words from her celebrity boyfriend, Georgia answered, "Me too, J. This is gonna be one of my cherished keepsakes." 

 

"And?" Justin asked with a smirk, his blue eyes waiting and signaling for her to answer what he just said. 

 

Georgia bit her lip and crossed his arms over his neck, pulling him closer again. "And, I love you too, J"  sealing it with another lip lock under the blizzard of confetti. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story