Author's Chapter Notes:

Picture grabbed from GOOGLE. Credits to google.

stories/2399/images/ll0o3bieakyihutuj0me.jpg

"That was a long flight," said Georgia as she stretched her arms and sprawled on the couch of their suite in a 4-star Stewart Hotel after placing a call to her parents to inform them that they safely checked in to their hotel. Untying the shoelace of her Vans old skool shoes to free her feet after a 5-hour flight from Sea-tac to JFK airport and another 55-minute drive to the hotel from the airport, Oh, that feels good, she thought to herself.

"I'm parched, I forgot to drink anything while we were on the plane.", uttered Jovie as she scoured the inside of the suite's small refrigerator, only to find bottles of water as a complimentary from the Hotel. "Frank, would you like to order something? Or have Dad send us something instead?" she called on her brother, Frank.

Frank appeared from the other room to the receiving area of their suite. "Why don't we just head out and eat while we wait for Dad for dinner? It is still early anyway."

Georgia nodded in agreement. "That's a great idea. I'd love to stroll outside in the meantime, it's just half past four." She replied while looking at her watch. "I'll just change into something more comfortable."

Jovie eyed her from head to foot. Judging her White tank top with a denim jacket, skinny pants, and Vans shoes. "I agree" she mumbled wryly. Georgia gave her the 'I know' look and rolled her eyes at her. "Chop chop!" Jovie ordered her mockingly.

She changed in a snap. Looking snatched in her summer knee-length dress, cropped denim jacket, and Dr. Marten's 1460 red boots with her long auburn hair tied into a ponytail with baby strands on the side of her face and some on her forehead, Georgia sauntered outside the captivating, vibrant and busy streets of New York City with Jovie and Frank. They stopped at a Hotdog stand near Times Square to grab food.

"He-wow" Georgia muttered in a mouthful as she tried to answer Randall's call while devouring her sandwich. "Sorry, hello. I was chewing." Both she and Randall laughed after she swallowed the sandwich.

"Obviously, haha. So you already arrived here in New York?" Randall asked.

She wiped her mouth with a tissue and answered, "Yup. Landed a couple of hours ago. Took us 55 minutes from JFK to the hotel."

"And we went outside for a walk and a hotdog 'cause we are famished." Jovie interrupted. "And parched." Frank chimed in. The group burst into chuckles, including Randall.

"So you're having hotdog sandwiches at a stand? Oooh, I miss that." Randall stated. "What are you having?"

"Mine is Chili Cheese Dog Bake" Georgia responded while licking the sauce that was about to spill from her sandwich. "It's so good."

"You're making my mouth water." Randall laughed. "It's been a long time since I ate at a hotdog stand here in New York."

"Let's put that in our bucket list."

"Sure thing. Listen I have to go. Prepping for work later. I'll see you tomorrow, then?" Randall implored.

Jovie leaned in closer to Georgia, making sure Randall would hear her. "Sure, you will! And thank you so much for the VIP Passes, Randall."

"Let us know how we can pay you back!" Frank barged in.

"Thanks, guys. Just be there tomorrow. I might be needing your support if Georgie will throw a punch at me." Randall joked.

"He sure sounds like Justin Timberlake, don't you agree?" Frank asked Georgia as they started walking again, passing through stores. Jovie nodded in agreement, Georgia made no comment and shrugged off Frank's observation as she admired the streets and the displays outside the stores they walked by.

They met with Jovie's Dad at a Chinese restaurant near the hotel for dinner.

"Please tell me you guys are having proper dinner now or I will be forced to ask someone to order and deliver it to your hotel room" -- text from Randall.

"Haha, silly! Yup. We are at the moment. And you?"

Randall: "That's good. I'm done, gonna be busy in a few. Eat well. Let me know when you're back at the hotel?"

"Sure."

After dinner, back at the Hotel after she spoke to Randall over the phone. "Did it ever occur to you that maybe you are talking to one of the crews?" Jovie surveyed Georgia while the latter was brushing her teeth in their suite's bathroom, Jovie washed her face with cleanser and dabbed it with a paper towel.

"Or with Justin" Frank who was at the receiving area cut in.

"Right?" Jovie agreed and looked at her brother, Frank with wide eyes.

Georgia gargled and refuted, "He can't be Justin." as she changed into her sleep pyjamas.

Jovie crossed her arms while standing at the bathroom door, "Why? Just because he's Justin Timberlake? Is he not allowed or is it unbelievable to some for him to have this kind of relationship with a fan?", she rebutted.

Then she added, "Or is it YOU," mouthing the last word firmly, "who doesn't want to believe you're having this rendezvous with the one and only Justin Timberlake?" then gazed at Georgia who was already done with her night routine and with a face mask on.

"The question is, why do you guys assume it's him? Of all people, really? Justin? That's impossible." She negated as she reclined to her queen bed. "Let's sleep, please guys? We had a long day and tomorrow will also be a long one, for sure."

"Uhm, CLUES, Georgie?" Frank replied standing at their room's door.

She received a text from Randall, stopping her from responding to Frank.

: "Hey, will you be able to open AOL? I sent you something." -- Randall

Without responding, she paced towards the desk which had their laptop, and logged in to her account. A guy's warm voice welcomed her as soon as she opened the attachment.

"You see I toss and turn when I'm alone

And I just can't wait 'til you get home
Waiting for your call 'cause tonight we're gonna do it all
Girl, it's just the two of us
'Cause I'm thinking 'bout you day and night
And I just can't get you off my mind"

----"Just the two of us" by NSYNC

She stood there in front of the desk, speechless. Her heart started to flutter again. Every time she hears Randall's voice especially when he sings, it melts her heart and leaves her speechless.

Jovie and Frank also stopped and listened with a shocked expression, this was the first time they heard Randall sing over the phone or voice recording. "Play it again," Frank demanded. And so she did.

"See? Did you hear that? Justin's voice." Frank insisted looking at his sister, Jovie for approval. Jovie winked and nodded. The two decided to give up and went to sleep. Frank headed to his room at the other side of their suite, Jovie dozed off, leaving Georgia wide awake, and slacked off the chair in front of the desk, playing the voice recording over and over again.

Somehow, she's torn on whether to want to believe her friend's assumptions or shrug it off as she normally would. Clearly, they both have the same voice, kinda? A bit? And I was not the only one who noticed it, Jovie and Frank have been alleging it for quite a while, but there are people with alike voices too, and it's normal, she deliberated. Their names surely both had Randall in it but, she does not know Randall's complete government name yet, she just knows him by Randall. Ouch! Shame on me for not knowing it, tsk! she lambasted herself for not asking.

She had been thinking of similarities such as hometown and two brothers but she couldn't place her finger on what's the name of the other brother aside from Nathan, she barely noticed a couple of hours had passed and it was already almost midnight. She grabbed her cellular phone and sent a text message to Randall before standing and reclining back to her bed.

"Thanks for the song. You sing so well. Night"-- sent

Just as she was about to hit the sack, her phone rang, it was Randall. She hesitated on getting it but, her desire to hear his voice won.

"Hey"

"Hey, glad you liked it," Randall said in a warm yet sleepy kind of voice.

"Indeed, I love hearing you sing, you're about to outscore Justin Timberlake." Georgia joked sarcastically.

Randall chuckled awkwardly then asked, "Why are you still awake? It's almost midnight."

"Jet lagged, perhaps?" She answered. "You? Done with work? You sound tired?"

"You bet! Imma shut-eye after this call. Just wanted to check in on you first. How are you feelin'? Are you having second thoughts on meeting me?" he questioned her.

Uh-Oh, here it comes. Georgia thought. Her mind telling her to Ask! Ask! Ask! but decided to unhear her thoughts.

"Second thoughts? No. Why? And how about you? Having second thoughts now?" throwing his own questions back.

Randall breathed before answering, "Me? Hell nah, I am so decided and been waiting for this day to finally meet and see you in person. It's just that I think on your part, as a woman, it is different. Like, I feel you have uncertainties about this thing and it's normal. So if ever you back out, I will understand."

Oh my gosh, does he want me to back out? Georgia thought

"Do you want me to back out?" confusion made Georgia to ask him point-blank

"Oh my God, No!" exclaimed Randall who sounded shocked by Georgia's direct question and her tone of voice. "No, pls don't. Sorry, I think I did not make myself clear. It's just that I feel you have fears or doubts about this online thing we have. As I know, some may deem it dangerous for a woman like you to be meeting with a stranger she met online. I am grateful that you're giving me a chance to prove that I am a good guy and a good friend. My intentions are pure, I guarantee that."

Georgia felt the sincerity in his voice and made her feel warm all over. "I'm sure you are. I have been looking forward to this day too," she muttered and bit her lower lip as she felt her heart raced again for not denying the truth.

"Promise me you won't go Bye, Bye, Bye on me after tomorrow night." Randall joked.

Georgia closed her eyes to stop herself from shrieking. Darn that voice! she screamed inside her mind.

"I won't. Goodnight, Randall."

"Night, Georgie. I'll see you tomorrow.'' Randall whispered.

With that, she ended the call, lay her face flat on her pillow, and let out a squeal of excitement.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story