MARCH 21, 2000


"..brrrrrriiiiiinngggggggg." The incessant sound of the alarm clock made Georgia to open her still-heavy, closed-lid eyes on a Tuesday morning. Eyes still half-closed, she jumped out of bed and readied herself for a bathe and breakfast afterward. Her mom wouldn't let her go to school with an empty stomach. Especially not on the day before her birthday. 


"Georgieeeeeeeeeee!" her best friend Jovie squealed with delight upon seeing her first thing in the morning at the school grounds. Jovie ran up to her and she met her halfway,  curious on what was making her best friend so elated on a school day, well, besides the fact that it's her birthday tomorrow, "What's going on?" she asked while the both of them stride past the school's enormous gymnasium.


Jovie looked at her wide-eyed. "You haven't got any idea?", asked Jovie, arms crossed and with eyebrows furrowed.  


She nodded in agreement, "Nada." Georgia literally has no clue what was making her best friend incredibly joyous at this time. It was not typical of her to be acting like this. Jovie is more the serious and reserved type, the opposite of Georgia. It was like seeing herself shriek with excitement every time she sees Justin on the television (e.g. music videos, interviews, shows, and whatnot)----- wait, what?? It suddenly registered to her. No other guys can make Jovie this thrilled. She let out a big gasp, her eyes widened just the thought of it, "What's new? It's NSYNC, right?!! Are they  going on tour??"  


"YESS!" answered Jovie. Next thing they knew, they were shrilling in unison, jumping up and down, hands clasped together like children playing and winning a game, yes, in the middle of the school ground. It didn't matter to them that other students looked at them with judgment and confusion. That's how they were, they had a world of their own when it came to their most loved boyband at that time, NSYNC. 


As it turned out, the new album No Strings Attached was released that day along with the announcement of the start of the band's tour. Yep! "What a great way to start the day before my birthday!" Georgia exclaimed happily, both of them still ecstatic as they made their way to first period. 





You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story