As promised, Alani answered JC's call the next day and everyday after for a couple weeks. Now, she found herself en route to LA for 5 days. Five whole days to spend with JC. Alani surprised herself by agreeing to let him buy her a ticket to visit him. She couldn't afford the ticket herself, and didn't want to feel like a charity case to JC, but he assured her he wanted to buy it whether she could do it or not. It was his idea for her to visit. 

The entire plane ride was spent obsessing over how their first meeting after four and a half months would go. Would it be awkward? Would they greet each other like friends with a handshake or like lovers with a kiss?

She exited the plane and made her way to the baggage claim area. JC told her he would be at the airport once the plane landed, but she did not see him in sight. As she waited for her luggage to come around the carousel, she felt a pair of strong hands grip her waist. Fear went through her body at the thought of a stranger in a city she wasn't familiar with, putting their hands on her. She whipped around quickly to see a smiling JC, whose hands were planted firmly back on her waist.

"You scared me!" She said, playfully punching his chest. "Hey."

"Sorry, " He chuckled, "Hey to you too. It's so good to see you." 

He hugged her tightly, resting his hands on the small of her back. He breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that he finally had his girl back in his arms. Every worry Alani had on the plane seemed to dissipate. This was no handshake between two pals. Part of her anticipated a kiss to follow when they parted, but it didn't happen. She was slightly disappointed, but didn't let it show. They parted ways, both knowing they didn't want to. 

"Grab your bags and let's get out of here."

--

"Welcome to The Chasez Crib," He opened the door to his home and extended his arm allowing her to walk inside before him.

Alani was already in awe when they drove up to the million dollar mansion, marveling at the beautiful architecture. She had never seen houses so big until they began the ride to West Hollywood, passing other enormous homes along the way. 

She stepped inside and took in her surroundings. It was definitely spacious and lacking a bit of color, but it was beautiful nonetheless and had amazing views of the Hollywood hills. 

"It's beautiful, JC." 

"I know something else that's beautiful," He pulled her into his arms. 

"You're so cheesy," She laughed. 

"Can I kiss you? I know it's been a while, since we've seen each other and some shit was weird for a while, but -"

She cut him off,  "Shhh. Yes, you can kiss me. Please kiss me."

He didn't hesitate as he snaked a hand up from her waist, all the way up to her cheek where he cupped it, and leaned down to kiss her awaiting lips. Despite the time, the familiarity of his lips on hers made Alani sigh onto his lips. He kissed her like he was making up for lost time. He kissed her long and slow, letting his tongue explore her mouth.

He pulled away grinning, "I've missed that."

"So have I," Alani agreed, trying to steady her breathing. 

"I would've done it at the airport. I just never know when a pap is nearby. You just got to LA. I don't want to push you into that part of my life yet. It can be difficult."

"I understand. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect when we saw each other. I didn't know if it was going to be like a friendly handshake or... more."

"Hey," JC laced his fingers with hers and brought her hand up to his lips to kiss them gently, "I meant everything I said to you back in Hawaii."

"It's just been so long, JC. I mean, maybe you lost interest.."

"I didn't. I asked you to come out here, Alani. That has to mean something."

"It does. Sorry, I'm being weird." She sighed, frustrated with herself. 

"You're fine. It's close to dinner time. I thought I could cook something for us and we could eat out on the balcony. I'll give you a quick tour and you can rest up a bit if you want while dinner is on." He suggested, grabbing her luggage.

"You're going to cook?" She asked, making a disbelieving face.

He scoffed, "Yes. Thankfully, HelloFresh sends me these recipe cards with step by step pictures. I'm no chef or anything, but it'll be edible." 

She smiled up at him, "Okay, Chasez. Lead the way."

--

Alani awoke some time later to the scent of food in the air and felt her stomach grumbling eager to eat whatever was cooking. 

JC gave her the option of a guest room or his room, and insisted that he was okay with either decision. Alani picked the guest room, just for the fact that they had been apart for so long and she wasn't quite sure where their relationship or lack thereof really stood. Though things were going well so far, she wanted to avoid any awkwardness. 

After checking her phone and returning texts to Kala to let her know everything was okay she made her way down the grand staircase to the downstairs area where the kitchen was, her mouth salivating the closer she got. 

Well, at least whatever he cooked smells good, she thought.

JC's back was to her as he stood at the stove stirring ingredients in a pot with one hand, the other hand holding the recipe card. She found it amusing yet adorable how focused he was on cooking. She assumed he didn't hear her coming down. She stood there observing him. He was dressed in a simple pair of jeans and white t-shirt, socked feet. She found the whole scene to be extremely desirable. 

"Hey, chef," She spoke up, getting his attention. 

He turned around quickly, his long locks whipping around his face, "Hey, sleepyhead. How long have you been standing there?"

"Uh.. Not long." She admitted, feeling her cheeks flush. 

JC raised a curious eyebrow, "Sure.."

She took a seat at the kitchen island, hoping the food was almost ready because she was starving. "What are you cooking?"

"Tex-Mex Turkey Bowls with Pineapple Salsa." He said proudly. She could've sworn he puffed out his chest a little too. 

"Impressive. I can't wait to eat. I'm starving." 

"Well, lucky for you. It's just about done."

"I'll grab the bowls and silverware for us. I don't know where anything is but I'm sure I can find it." She offered, standing up. 

"No, no, no," He shook his head adamantly, "They're in the middle drawer on this side of the island, but no, I'll get it. You're my guest." He insisted.

"Okay." She smiled and took her seat again and waited patiently for their dinner. 

-

"Dinner was really good, JC. I'm serious."

They were settled on a comfy sectional in the great room, bellies full, eyes half lidded as they watched a crime show on TV.

"Thank you. And you doubted me."

"I did. I'm sorry. What do you have planned for this week?"

"A couple things. I'm going to have a barbecue Friday closer to the end of your stay, but you'll get to meet a couple of my friends."

"You want me to meet your friends?" She asked, surprised. 

"Um, yeah? Did you think I was going to lock you in my house all week?" He jokingly asked. 

"I mean, I didn't think beyond the first day."

"It'll be fine. They'll love you."

Alani quietly nodded and twirled a strand of hair around her finger. Her nervous tic.

"I hate to leave you hanging, but I'm old and tired and I think I'm going to head to bed. You can stay down here and watch TV, help yourself to anything in the kitchen if you want a snack." JC yawned.

"Yeah, Thanks to that nap plus the time change I'll be up for a while."

He stood up and stretched his arms over his head. He leaned down to kiss her cheek, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight JC."

-

Two hours later, Alani made her way up the staircase towards the guest room where she would be staying. She looked at JC's room that was next to hers, the door cracked. She contemplated going there, but lost her courage and opened the door to her designated room.

She brushed her teeth, changed into some lounge shorts and a tank top and snuggled in bed. She laid there staring into the dark with her mind wandering to JC and how much she missed his touch. She cursed herself for trying to be some kind of saint and picking the guest room. She knew all along she wanted to spend every night with him. 

After a quick pep talk with herself, she got out of bed and quietly walked to his room. The light from the TV helped guide her to his bed where he lay sleeping peacefully. She thought she could quickly and quietly slide into bed without him noticing, but when he felt the bed shift on the other side, he popped one eye open. 

"Hey." He whispered. 

"Hey." She whispered back, snuggling under the heavy comforter. 

"Something wrong with the guest room?" He asked, moving a little closer to her. He now had both eyes open and they were locked on her. 

"Yeah. You're not there," She said, smiling and scooting closer until they were nose to nose. 

"Yeah, well someone wanted to be all innocent and pick that room. I knew where you would end up." He smirked.

She rolled her eyes at him, "Shut up and kiss me already."

Chapter End Notes:

I couldn't resist getting these two back together already :) Let's see how the rest unfolds..

 

As always, feedback is appreciated! Thanks for reading!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: sequel love jc producerjc interracialjc