Author's Chapter Notes:

Trigger Warning:  Allusions to the club, and other bad stuff.

Author's Note:  Sorry about the posting slow down.  My district's PD starts Monday, so it will be slow going for awhile, mainly because I have two years of Amy's life to write to get up to where she and Josh can be together without worries.  I could time jump, but I hate those, besides you have like 5 new orginal characters to meet that will be important to the plot.

 

Part 9 Clubs are never fun


About ten the next morning,  Justin came back to my bunk.  “Come on Roo.  Come play with us.”  He begged.


“No, Justin, I don't feel good.”  I whined as I pulled my covers over the top of my head blocking out the light.


“You're not going to get sick are you?  Last time Joey did the bus reeked for a week.”  Justin asked, concerned.


“I don’t usually have nausea with cramps Justin.”  I rolled my eyes.


“Oooh it's girl stuff.  I will just leave you to it then.  Um if you need anything let us know.”  He said backing away from my bunk.


“Sure, like you could go to Walmart and get me some tampons and Midol.”  My sarcastic arrow was more cutting as I was hurting.


“I couldn’t but I would ask someone for you and they would do it too.  Don’t be afraid to ask for what you need.”  He kissed me on the forehead and went up front.


“She is not joining us?”  Joey asked.


“Nah, man.”  Justin shrugged, flopping on the couch and grabbing his controller.


“And you bought whatever bullshit line she gave you?”  Joey asked, surprised that he would just leave it alone.


“It’s girl stuff.” Justin wrinkled his nose.  


Joey chuckles.  “Weak man.  JC, why don’t you try since the little man has failed.”


“Why don’t you Joey?  She likes you.”  He said, not wanting to get involved.


“Because regardless of what you assholes think of me, I am smart.  Being around my sister has taught me not to mess with a girl on the rag.”  Joey razzed them a bit.


I didn’t hear the rest of the ribbing because then the migraine that accompanied my monthly cycle started to rage.  It was going to be bad, especially since I couldn’t control heat, sound and light.  At the worst of it, Chris went back to check on me.  He drugged me for the day mercifully.  


When I got to my room early that next morning, there was a basket waiting on my bed for me.  Curious, I went over.  The first thing I did was look for a card. There was none.  I untied the ribbon which held the sparkly pink cellophane together.  As it dropped, I gasped at its contents.  Inside there was a family sized package of salt and vinegar potato chips,  Taped to the bag was a note with an arrow on it.  It said “Check the mini fridge for the ranch and sourcream.  There’s also ice cream there.”  As I dug further down their was four boxes of Lindt truffles,  a bottle of ibuprofen,  a box of tampons, a trashy romance novel, some lavender bubble bath, epsom salts  and eucalyptus and spearmint magnesium lotion. and all the way in the bottom was a heating pad.  


On Chris’s orders my training session with Mike was canceled.  So I decided to order blueberry pancakes and bacon for breakfast and afterwards used the bubble bath and lotion.  Throughout the day I demolished my treats and read while using the heating pad.  I stayed in for the show and slept.  Mike carried me to the buses, and the guys were gracious enough to allow me to use the big bed in the back. For about two days I was like that til finally I was feeling better.


A couple days later, the guys were planning on going out clubbing.  I did not relish being locked up in the hotel room.  I needed to be out and about too.  I didn’t really care to go dancing or drinking.  I just wanted to be where the people were.  Chris had the nerve to tell me no.  He seemed to forget I don’t like that word very much.  Especially when there was no obvious sense to it.  It wasn’t like I hadn’t gone out before.  I was going to have to do it the hard way.  The trick was to slip past Mike’s guard and find a ride to the venue.


I hadn’t been behind the wheel of a car in 3 years.  I shouldn’t have been behind it then, but that trip was necessary.  This one wasn’t going to save lives, but it would do wonders for my peace of mind. I spent some time going through my wardrobe to find the perfect dress and paired it with heels.  I spent time curling my hair and doing my makeup.  I was going out so I had to look the part and live it up.  I grabbed my credentials and waited til the bodyguards changed shifts.  With Mike not immediately at the door, I could sneak out of the room.  Once downstairs, I had to figure out how to get to the venue.  Not knowing the city placed me at a disadvantage.  There was a young guy standing around the valet station.  It was dangerous but it might just work.  Doubling back I went to the gift shop and got some cash out of the ATM.


I walked up to the guy.  “Excuse me,  how would you like to make some extra money.”


“I am always interested.  What do I gotta do sweetheart?”  He leered at me, and I shivered in disgust.


“Simple, just drive me to Midnight.”  I said with no embellishment, but with the confidence that this was going to work.


“That rocking new club on Front?”  He asked, rolling his eyes, as he looked me up and down.


I nodded,  “That’s the one.”


He shook his head,  “You're never getting in there.”


“Let me worry about that.  How much?”  I asked, getting back to business.


“It's not that far.  Does one hundred sound fair?”  He suggested, not sure of the going rate for something like that.

 

Knowing a bit of negotiation from Brian, I knew not to take the first offer.  I also knew that having him throw out his dollar amount first meant my price could just go down.  I decided to offer him half.


“Fifty.”  I said.


He looked at me.  “It would take too long that is not worth the possible tips I could make.  How about 90.”


I made a move to the middle.  “Sixty.”


He shook his head.  “Eighty.”


“Seventy.”


“Seventy five.”


“Done.”


It was more than a cab or a ride service, but without security or one of the guys, no one would probably take my fare.


We shook on it and waited for the next car to pull up.  I slid in the back seat and he pulled out of the parking lot driving me to the club.


“What are you going to do if you can’t get in?  I feel kind of bad just leaving you here.”


“I have friends inside.  As I said, it is not going to be a problem.” My confidence was bordering on arrogance or stupidity at this point. 


Coming in the Mercedes made me look as if I was someone,  I got into the line.  It was so hot and humid out I was convinced my hair would not have a curl once I got to the door.  A security guy trolling the line for hot chicks noticed me.  “You, come here.”


“Me?”  


“Yeah you gorgeous.  You want in sometime tonight, don’t you.  The boss man is about to shut down the line.  We have reached capacity but someone as hot as you needs to be in there.”  The guy explained.


I blushed and followed him through security.  They really didn’t look at my ID or anything thankfully.  I would have had to explain my late arrival.  Past the velvet rope, I looked around.  The guy was right.  The place was packed.  I didn’t think I would be able to find any of the guys.  Which at the moment was fine, because I was trying to avoid Chris.  I danced and found some girls to pretend I was with.  It was then I saw Josh on the dance floor with another girl.  He was freaking her.  If he didn’t have jeans on, he would have been fucking her he was so close.  A pain shot through my heart that I wasn’t expecting.  He wasn’t mine.  I had no right to care, but I did.  Turning away I went to the bar.  I would get a drink and try to figure out how to get back to the hotel without being spotted by anyone.  This was probably the stupidest idea I had in awhile. 


I made my way through the crowd and found an empty stool.  I sat that for a minute trying to get the bartender's attention. As he approached a bass voice beside me drawled, “I'll take a Southern Comfort, the girl beside me will have a Shirley Temple.”   He turned towards me.  “What brings you out tonight princess?”


“I couldn’t stand being cooped up in the hotel.”  I explained, hoping he wouldn’t immediately get Chris.


He sighed,  “I understand that, but this place isn’t safe.’


I rolled my eyes,  “Not you too.”


He placed his thumb and forefinger under my chin, lifting it up to meet his eyes.   “Watch it princess.  I am just doing my job here.  I don’t need to be skewered with your disrespect.  That kind of thing leads to trouble.”


A shiver went up my spine and I turned away.  


“I didn’t mean to scare you.”  He said, patting my shoulder apologetically.


“Are you going to tell Chris?”  I asked, needing to know where I stood.


“I figure he will find out without my involvement.  You will be lucky to get out of here without him spotting you.”  He said, sipping his drink.  “So tell me,  why haven’t you sought out your man.”


“I don’t have anyone Lance.”  I pouted.


“Are you sure about that?”   He asked, turning in the direction of the dance floor. “He seems to be approaching, and doesn’t look too happy.”


I turned to see who Lance was referring to and immediately  froze, my eyes were caught in Josh’s tractor beams, they cut through like ice.  I moved to get up.  “I don’t want to talk to him.”


Lance smirked as he restrained me, keeping me on the stool.  “Sorry darling, you aren’t going anywhere til he retrieves you.”


“Why?” I asked, trying to stop any emotion that threatened.


“I like the drama, besides your little escapade is not going to interrupt my drinking.”  He explained without malice.


By that time Josh was upon us,  “What the fuck are you doing here?”


“Drinking.”  I said dryly.


Josh looked to Lance.


He shrugged,  “Shirley Temple man.  I know better.”


Josh crossed his arms staring at me.  “I’m going to take you back to the hotel, but first I have to talk to a couple people.  You are coming with me.”  He looked at Lance.  “Sorry man,  give my love to Mik.  I don’t think I will see her tonight.” 


“I thought you were demonstrating down stairs.”  He asked cryptically. 


“Fuck,  do me a favor and let people know that the show won’t start till after one.” Josh commanded and his face went grayish white for a moment.


“You probably won’t get back in time if you are taking her back to the hotel.”  Lance warned.


Any emotion on Josh’s face was immediately masked as he rattled on more instructions.  “Tell Chris I had something come up.  Have him get Lexi trussed up for me, and take his time about it.  If he has to tell a joke and a story about every damn knot he is using, so be it.”


Lance grimaced at the thought and then pointed out, “He was looking for pussy tonight.  This isn’t going to make him happy.”


“I will make it up to him, hell he can have Lexi if he wants after I am done with the demo.  I’m not into her.  She is more his type anyway.”  He shrugged, taking me by the hand.  I followed  him willingly.


He turned on his heels and warned me.  “I have a few producers I still need to talk to.  I need you to stay by my side, not a word unless I ask you a direct question.  Understood?”


I gulped and nodded.


“I need the fucking words, Amy.” I stood stock still and he gave me a look that was meant to make me melt into the floor.


“I will stay silent beside you.”  I conceded.


He nodded and pulled me along with him to his first stop of the night, and started to schmooze.  The conversation was so deep into music theory, I wouldn’t know what to add.  I was glad in a way I didn’t have to think of something charming to say.  We had two more conversations like that.  The last guy was dull and was trying to lead Josh into yet another turn of the conversation.


Josh smiled charmingly.  “I would love to talk more, but I promised Amy here that I would dance with her sometime tonight.  It's getting late and the town car turns into a pumpkin at midnight so we should probably get to it.  Isn’t that right, kitten?”


I smiled confused as to what he was doing,  “It is.”


“It is, sir.”  He coldly corrected, his hand pumping mine a bit hard.


I tried to pull away.  “Josh, I agreed with you.  I don’t know what else you want.”  


He winked,  “The proper respect is all.  I see your conversation with Lance was not as fruitful as I anticipated.  You will have to spend a couple more hours with him tomorrow.”  He turned to the man, “Reggie, Please excuse the foilable.  She is new.”  Josh apologized and explained away my behavior.


“Well I look forward to seeing her punishment before your demonstration.”  He ominously suggested.


“She is mine, and since it was an offense towards me, I am exercising the right to take care of this matter privately.  I am using Lexi as my model tonight.” He explained with a menacing smile. 


The man leered as he stared at my chest.   “Such pity.  What I would give to see these tits in all their glory.” He reached out to feel me up.


Josh snarled, and stepped into the man’s space knocking his hands out of the way, and pushing me into Mike’s awaiting arms.  


Josh barked a threat,  “I will only say this once more.  She is mine.  I don’t take kindly to others touching what belongs to me.”


Lonnie was there in a heartbeat preventing Josh’s wind up.  “Control man.  It is not going to help your cause.”


Josh nodded and followed me and Mike out to the town car. He opened the door for me and allowed me to slide in.  I did as bid.  


As the car moved back to the hotel Josh was deathly silent.  I just had to break the silence.  “What are you demonstrating tonight?”


His eyes smoldered coals as he turned in my direction,  “I’m sorry,  did I lift your vocal restrictions?”


“We aren’t in public now, JC.”  I pointed out, completely baffled by the night’s events and why he was freaking out on me.  


“Ah so I am guaranteed respect in public, but not while no one is looking?”  He interrogated me further.


Part of me felt small, but just as quickly anger sparked.  “What the fuck do you want from me, you egotistical bastard?”


“Silence.”  He said simply into the darkness and turned away.


Tears  rolled down my cheek.  I don’t know what crawled up his ass and died.  It was a mistake going out, but it wasn’t really that deep.  The ride continued in uncomfortable silence.  He walked me up to my room, made sure Mike had my security well in hand and left quickly.  Not wanting to think about the debacle of the evening I took a sleeping pill and went straight to bed.


Chapter End Notes:

Who left the care package? What might Josh be demonstrating? 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story