Author's Chapter Notes:

Triggers: BDSM allusions

So my chapter was too long and I had to split it up.  So you all get a two for one deal tonight.

 

I was saved from giving my reaction to Brian by Kacey running up to me.  “Amy, Shannon said that I could go out front to watch the concert, but only if you came with me.  Please can we go now.  I don’t want to miss a single moment of Justin.”  She begged incessantly.


I smiled at her and looked to Brian for permission to go.  Shannon didn’t run shit in their household and for all I knew Kacey was making that up in her seven year old mind.  Brian nodded.  “Go and have fun.  Kacey you mind Amy and don’t leave her side, hold her hand as you move through crowds.”  He paused looking around.  “Amy, who's your security agent?”


Mike stepped up and Kacey stepped ten feet back.  “My eyes are on Amy at all times, Captain Putnam. I’m Mike.”


Brian scooped Kacey up in his arms, bringing her back over to Mike.  “Kacey, this is Mr. Mike.  He is going to be watching over you and Amy too in order to make sure everything is safe just like Mr. Brandon does for the whole family.  You are to obey him just as you do me, is that understood?”


“Yeah.” She rolled her eyes.


“I don’t believe I heard you correctly, pumpkin.”  Brian stared her down in that uber protective fatherly way of his.


“Yes sir.”  She mumbled.


“It sounds like a little girl wants to stay backstage all night.”  He threatened.


“No sir.  I will obey sir.”  She said quickly.


“That’s a good girl. Amy, you watch out for Kasey and we will talk more later.”  His gaze was hard but he gave the nod and we were free.


I nodded, “Yes sir.”  I took Kasey’s hand and led her to the door. Dealing with a screaming teenie bopper sounded 100% better than continuing the conversation Brian and I were about to have.  I couldn’t get out of there fast enough.  

 

It was fun to see her excitement with the lights, sound and people. At the concession stand I got us each cokes and pretzels  and we danced through the opening acts.  As the last one was dismounting the stage I nudged Kasey. “Now is a good time to go to the restroom.”


“I don’t want to, I don't want to miss anything.”  She protested.


I knew I should have insisted but I wanted to avoid a tantrum so I let it go.  Twenty minutes later she was wiggling around stepping from foot to foot.  “Amy I gotta go.”  She told me desperately.  I nodded and flagged Mike down, signing where we were going.  I held her close to allow Mike to check the facility which was my second mistake of the night as I felt some warmth against my pant leg.  “Mike, we need to go to the merch table first.” I sighed.


Tears filled Kacey’s eyes.  “I am going to be in so much trouble.”


“Don’t worry, bug.  You will be okay.  Let’s get you some dry clothes and get you cleaned up.  We’ll get matching sweats and t-shirts. What do you say?”  I said, trying to comfort her.  


“But I am missing Justin.”  She pouted.  “And the fireworks.”


I didn’t have a heart to tell her that we wouldn’t be staying for the fireworks anyway, nor did I want to tell her we would be leaving right after Sailing to be on the bus prior to the quick out otherwise we wouldn’t be out of the arena til well after one, which was past both of our bed times.


Mike with his security badge was able to let us cut the line, so Kacey wouldn’t have to stay in wet things so long. I was thankful for that.  I selected the smallest sweats and tshirts I could find for Kacey and got a medium one for myself, then we trudged back to the restroom.  I gave Kacey her privacy to clean up and change while I did myself.  When finished I placed the soiled clothes in the bag the clothes came in and led Kasey back to our seats for two more songs.


At the end of Sailing I nudged her again.  “We have to go now, bug.”


“I don’t want to go.  It isn’t over.” She whined.


“I know but for our safety that is what we have to do.  Mr. Mike’s orders.”  I attempted to reason with her.


“But I don’t wanna.”  And the tantrum began.  Mike had no patience for it and scooped the girl up in his arms, and herded me to the aisle.  We walked more quickly than usual out of there.  We were staying at the hotel so we were quickly ushered into a town car.  I held on to Kacey the whole way home, her whimpers dissipating to quiet snores and I smoothed her hair.  I was led to Brian’s suites to drop off Kacey.  


She was groggy but brightened when she saw Shannon.  “It was so much fun, Shannon.  Justin is just to die for.  I think he winked at me from the stage, and you should have seen the eyes JC was giving Amy.  We got cokes and pretzels, and then to top off the night we got matching sweat suits.”


I placed the small bag of clothes by the laundry bag.  Shannon noticed my action.  “She wasn’t too difficult for you, was she?  I kind of felt bad leaving you alone with her.”


I smiled tiredly,  “She was fine.  I am glad she was able to have a good time.  We had to cut it short because of the quick out.  Kacey didn’t like that too much, but Mike was there to help me get her back here safely.”


“I see we had an accident.  How much were the sweats?”  She asked, nodding at the clothes bag.


I shook my head,  “No it was my pleasure.”


“Tell me so I can have Brian reimburse you.”  She insisted.


“No ma'am. It was a gift, please let me do this.” I begged.  I wanted to have the pleasure of giving a little joy to Kasey, and having Brian and Shannon pay for it would ruin some of the joy.


“Amy, the money in your account is your school money.  I can’t have you treat it so frivolously.  With rush you have expenses coming up. Brian was talking about how important it was to make a good showing.”  She further explained trying to make me see reason.


“Uhh, I don’t want to rush.” I pouted.  I had been thinking about it and nothing about the ordeal sounded fun at all.  It sounded like emotional work I did not want to do.


“Does rush mean you get to wear pretty dresses?”  Kacey asked from the couch where she was stuffing her face with animal crackers.


“For some of the events.”  I said.


“Then you have to do it.  Is JC going to be your date to all the dances?”  She asked curiously as if it was just the most logical thing in the world.


I blushed a little and waved off the suggestion.  “No, sweetheart.  He is too busy with his music and we are just friends.”


“You should ask him.  I am sure he wouldn’t mind, but I think it might hurt his feelings if you don’t.”  She said with her best playground logic.


“Bug, the Captain thinks I am too young to date.”  I said pushing away any more talk.  


Shannon looked over at Kasey.  “Don’t even think about putting another animal cracker in your mouth.  I want you to go brush your teeth.  You are to be in bed asleep when I come and check on you or I will have to tell Brian all about your behavior at the concert, and how you tried your sister’s patience.” 


“Yes ma’am.”  Kasey quickly got up and went to the bathroom as directed.


When I determined that she could no longer hear us I said,  “Really she wasn’t that bad.”


“I wanted to talk to you alone and didn’t want her asking a hundred questions as to why she couldn’t stay.  Brian will simply hear that you two had a pleasant time.”  Shannon explained seriously.


“What did you want to talk about?” I asked carefully, sure that I didn’t want to know.


“I keep hearing about this guy named JC.  What would you like to share?”  She prodded.


I shrugged,  “He is just a guy in Chris’s band.”


“Even Kasey knows that is a lie.  What’s going on, Amy?”  She asked me exasperated with how I was down playing things.


I decided to chance it and share what was on my heart.  “I like him so much it hurts.”  I admitted.


“I was afraid of that.  Do you have any clue what he is thinking on the matter?”  She asked, trying to see if she really needed to be worried about me.


“I don’t know. Sometimes it is like he is as into me as I am into him.  Other times he gets distant, and mean.  Then there are times he is protective and caring.  All I do know is that both Brian and Chris have forbidden it.  But then lately Chris has been a bit more permissive when it comes to Josh.  He hasn’t forbidden him from giving me gifts, writing to me or spending time with me in groups.  Not a word is said when he puts his arm around me or holds my hand.  Chris included him when we met with Monica the first time and I think he will be at the exit meeting Friday as well.”  I started to rationalize to try to work out for the first time in words to someone other than the guys about where we really stood.


“Let him go, Amy.  He is a monster anyway.  I can’t even believe Brian is seriously entertaining this.”  She begged me.


I had no time to react, especially to her opinion of him.


“You can’t believe I would entertain what. my love?”  Brian’s voice echoed in the room.


“How much did you hear?” She asked, tensing up.


“Enough, but you didn’t answer my question.” He looked at her pointedly to answer.


Shannon sighed and gave me an apologetic smile,  “We were talking about JC, and Amy’s feelings.  I was saying that I couldn’t believe that you thought he would be an appropriate choice for her.”


Brian nodded,  “The jury is still out on that. As grandfather says, order matters.  If a relationship is to happen it will occur rightly with all parties in agreement.”   Brian turned to me.  “It is past your bedtime Amy.  Mike is waiting outside for you.  It seems I have a wife to discipline, being nosey and questioning.” 


I blushed, trying to sponge my brain from imagining what might happen between the two of them.  “Goodnight.”  I hightailed it out of the room, Mike dutifully following after me.


I stopped midway to my room.  It didn’t feel like going to bed, and since the next day was a holiday, I let my desire be known.  “Do I have to go to my room, Mike?”


“No, but you can’t leave the hotel.  I think the restaurant at the bar might still be open.  You could go to the work out center or up to the pool if you would like.”  He gave me some choices that I thought were reasonable considering the hour.


I brightened, “Cheese fries sound good.”


“The bar it is.” He led me down to the bar area and I sat on a stool.  Mike gave me some space.  A lot of the crew were in and out having their pre-party drinks before going out to a local club.  Several stopped and talked to me like I was one of the family.  It was a really chill vibe and knowing most everybody by name put me at ease.  


Renee had come up and introduced me to Damon.  He was one fine assed financial planner.  I could see why she was obsessed.  “Excuse me ladies, I hear JC’s laugh.  I want to pin the man down to an appointment time tomorrow.” He walked over to the otherside of the bar.


I smiled at Renee,  “Are you having fun?”


“Yes, though I wish he would stop thinking about work for one second. He is on vacation.”  She sighed, and then asked me. “Does Chris know you are down here?” 


I shook my head,  “No, Mike only gave it as an option because the kitchen is still open.”


“Alright, just be careful.  Don’t go out of this area with anyone.  Make sure Mike walks you back to your room.”  She ordered.


“Yes, mom.” I saluted her.


She hugged me and collected Damon so they could head out.  It was a few minutes later that I heard Josh’s voice. “I’d like a Jack and Coke, and Cranberry Club for the lady, please.”


I turned in his direction,  “Hey.”


He raised his eyebrows, “Hey to you too.”


“I thought you were going to go out tonight.”  I said softly.


“Nah, Joey and Lance will make the rounds for all of us tonight.  I wanted a more chill evening.  Why aren’t you in bed?  It is late.”  He asked curiously.


“I was still wound up and didn’t think I could sleep.” I softly admitted.


“You have help with that, you know.” He patted my knee as he reminded me of my medicine.


I rolled my eyes and gave him a common excuse, “Yeah but when I am fighting it at bedtime the grogginess is worse the next morning.”


He nodded, “That’s fair.  So were you thinking of getting food?”


My eyes lit up remembering my original plan.  “Yeah, I told Mike I wanted cheese fries.”


“Cool, do you mind sharing with me?”  He asked, his hand draping across the back of my seat.


“It's fine.” I consented knowing that one I wouldn’t be able to finish the plate by myself anyway, and two sharing food with him would mean I would have some time with him. 


He smiled and waved over the bartender ordering our food, then he took another look at me.  He smirked,  “You are decked out in the merch I see.”


“Oh, this is my sister’s doing. She wanted us to have matching sweat suits.”  I said self consciously, smoothing my pant leg.


“It's cute, you should model it for us.  In fact, stand up.”  I did as he said a bit awkwardly.  He hummed,  “Very nice.  Now turn slowly, let me get the full effect.”


I blushed and hid my face slightly as I did as he commanded.  I felt silly showing off oversized Nsync merchandise. 


“Come back here.  Let me show you.”  He waved me back to my seat beside him.


I pranced back to the stool and looked at the grainy footage on his new cell. The charming footage was embarrassing. “You are going to erase that right now.”  I ordered.


He shook his head,  “Nope,  I am keeping it.”


I made a lunge for it however he was quicker and pulled it away from me before sliding in his pants.  No way was I going to try to get it from him now. I slapped his shoulder.  “You don’t play fair.”


He fingered a strand of hair that had come out of my ponytail and smirked very satisfied with himself.  “I know.”


The bartender had finally placed our drinks in front of us and told JC it would be like another 10 minutes for the fries. At that moment Reegan had walked up to us. “Oh JC that is very sweet of you to get Amy a Shirley Temple.” She said a little too loudly as she placed her hand on his shoulder and ran it down his back.


He turned and gave her a cold stare appraising her.  “It’s not a Shirley Temple.”  He said simply pulling away from her.  “It's a cranberry spritzer. I could get you one if that is what you would like honey.”


“No, a beer will be fine.”


“Sorry but Collin over there”  Josh said gesturing to the bearded guy behind the bar with a man bun,  “he and I have become friends and I don’t want him to lose his liquor license for serving you.”  He explained as his thumb did little circles on the back of my neck.


“I’m 18.”  She protested crossing her arms.


Josh turned and took a sip from his drink waiting for a beat to say, “And this isn’t Germany sweetheart.”


“That’s okay we can skip the drinks.  I’d give you anything for free.”  She threw herself at him.


Josh cocked his eyebrow,  “Do you belong to Brian or are you simply under his protection?”


“I am under his protection.”  She said softly.


“I see and I assume you want a dom.”  He said softly.


“Oh I do, so much.” Her voice pleaded with pure desire.


He looked at her for the first time head on.“The thing is honey, as a sub you don’t approach a dom.  You let them come to you.  Your choice is simply to submit or not.”


“Oh I do want to submit.” She assured him in a nasally whiny voice.


“You may want to enlist my buddy Lance’s services then.  He is very good at turning little girls into ladies.  Just don’t fall in love, it won’t turn out like Henry and Eliza did in Pygmalion.” He warned and I could tell by the look in her eyes the reference went right over her head.  


Not to be deterred, Reegan tried to steal his attention one more time by asking, “Can’t you train me?”


Josh stifled a smile before saying, “Oh sweetheart,  I don’t have the patience, I’d probably end up hurting you and no one wants that.”


She bit her lip and said huskily. “I don’t mind being hurt.”


Josh looked her up and down critically before issuing his verdict, “You still have your water wings on honey.  It would be unethical for me to even try.”


“Then why are you with her?”  She pointed irately at me.   “She isn’t even allowed in the pool.” Those words stung.  If Josh wanted to, he could go off and have her. 


Josh’s voice got quieter, but it had a more menacing edge to it.  “Amy’s a friend.  I’m not trolling for pussy tonight.  We were simply enjoying late night appetizers.”


At that she huffed and ran off in tears.  Josh turned to me.  “Sorry about that.  I was trying not to be crass but she pushed me to it.”


“Does that happen often?” I asked curiously nervously, kicking my feet back and forth on the stool.


“Much more than I would like, but hey I am proud of you.”  He praised as his hand rubbed up and down my back.  “It is good that you trusted me to handle it.”


“So bitch slapping her would not be okay?” I asked to further clarify my boundaries when dealing with skanks like her.


“No, because you have what she wanted.”  He pulled me closer to him and kissed my forehead causing me to melt just a little more into him.


 I pulled away facing him, “Do I?  You said that I am just your friend.”


“You are my friend.  I would like to think that one day we would be more than that.  Reegan was right about one thing, you aren’t allowed in the pool, but in two years you will be allowed to make those choices for yourself.  And kitten, you will have a lot of choices.  I am sure I will not be the only one that desires you.  Girls like Reegan, because of their attitude, will find they are severely limited with adequate choices. In life that is sad, but in the club it is fucking dangerous.  Girls like that need love desperately so kill them with kindness and find ways to serve them if you can.  If the arrows sting too much, share it with me and I will take care of it like I did tonight.”  He cupped my cheek with one hand and was leaning into me.


Before Josh was about to close the distance between our lips, we heard a cough that got our attention.  I turned and saw Brian standing there,  “Amy, I thought I told you to go to bed.”


“I wasn’t tired and wanted to eat something first.”  I explained.


“Uh huh, seems to me you found something other than food.”  He turned to JC,  “You are buying her drinks now?”


Josh rolled his eyes,  “It is just cranberry juice and club soda.  Collin over there will vouch for me.”


“Alright man, I believe you.”  Brian turned to me,  “It looks like you are done with your drink.  Go on upstairs.”


At that moment Collin laid down the fries Josh had ordered me.  “Here you guys go.  Careful it is hot. I will give you free refills since it was so late.”


Josh smiled,  “Thank man.”  Then he turned to Brian.  “Our food just arrived.  I will walk her up when we are done.” Josh assured him.


“I don’t like my authority being challenged.”  Brian seethed.


“She’s not Kasey’s age.  I figure if Amy can set an alarm and is where needs to be in the morning she can determine how late she is allowed to stay up.  If we were still out at 1:00 that might be different but we are at our hotel.”  Josh justified his position.


“Yeah but you are a possible suitor.”  Brian challenged Josh.


“We are in public.  Mike is sitting right over there.  Nothing will happen.”  Josh said calmly, standing up to Brian.


“Had I not showed up when I did, you would have kissed her.”  He accused Josh in a way that sounded almost dirty.  


Josh shrugged,  “Maybe, maybe not.  I can’t tell what could have been in a ruined moment, but it wouldn’t have gone any further.  I know my limits.”


Brian nodded and Josh. Relenting he told me.“Alright but no complaints when we do morning PT at six.”  He warned me.  


“I was looking forward to sleeping in because it is a day off.”  I pouted.


‘We’re heading to the lakehouse and I would like to get it in before we go.”  He explained.


I nodded but it did not deter me from staying out with Josh just a bit longer.  But before we were able to eat in peace Reegan came roaring back.


Brian stopped her in her pursuit.  “Problems Reegan?”


“That man insulted me.”  She complained to Brian.


“What did he say, sweetie?” Brian asked, taking her by the hand.


“That I was too young for him and that I was too much of a pig for Lance.” She spewed out like it was the gospel truth.


Josh stared at her trying to hide the amusement on his face.  “I never said that she was too young for me.  I did imply she was too young to drink.”


“You offered me a fucking shirley temple?” She stepped towards him but, Brian held her close preventing any thought of violence.


“No, I offered you the same thing I got Amy, a Cranberry Club. You wanted a beer, and I politely pointed out that I didn’t want Collin to lose his liquor license for serving you.”


Brian shook his head,  “Reegan, you know you are not allowed to drink legal or not while you are in my employment.  He was being polite and trying to include you.”


Josh spoke up, “She then offered to serve me in other ways.  I clarified your relationship with her and then reminded her of club protocol.  I wouldn’t be telling you this, but you know as well as I do how dangerous that type of behavior is.”


“It was then you called me a pig.”  She huffed like Kacey does.


Josh rolled his eyes before further explaining his way out this mess.  “Honey, I did not.  I simply suggested you could benefit from some protocol training from Lance.  I likened him to Henry Wiggins and you to Eliza Dolittle from My Fair Lady.”


“You didn’t say that.  You said pig something.”


Comprehension dawned on Josh’s face.  “Oh that’s right I said Pygmalion, which is The George Bernard Shaw version. Honey, that is the name of the play.”


Brian rolled his eyes,  “So let me see if I got this straight.  You approached a man without my permission or order.  You wanted him to buy you alcohol when he wouldn’t, you offered your body in front of my little sister.  That’s just too much for me to deal with tonight, just go to bed.  I will think of your punishment in the morning.”  He said off-handedly, and then turned to Josh.  “I am sorry for her.  I think I might have Lance work with her some tomorrow if he has time.”


Josh sighed, “That is a good idea.  She approaches the wrong person like that and I shudder to think what might happen.”


“Thanks man.  I will take care of it.”  Brian looked at me for a few seconds. “Make sure Amy gets to bed soon.  Will you?”


“Sure thing.”  Josh replied.


And just like that,  Brian walked out of the bar herding Reegan with him.  


Josh turned back to me,  “How are the fries?”


“They're good.”  I pushed them towards him as I already really had my fill while Josh was talking to Brian.


He took a couple bites before asking,  “So you were trusted with your sister.  That must have felt good.”


I hadn’t really thought about it.  The day had happened so fast.  I was trusted. And it did feel good.  Though it was perplexing that I didn’t know exactly what I did to lose that trust.  I thought about it for a bit, while nibbling on the plate, and sipping my drink.


We sat and ate and talked about random things about the day.  After about an hour I was yawning.  He smiled.  “I am tired too.”  He pulled out a couple bills and laid them down on the bar.  “Let me walk you up.”


I could have been like Kasey and resisted bed time, but I had spied him covering up a couple yawns as well.  I nodded and he took my hand leading me to the elevator.  Mike followed after us making sure our way was clear and once in the metal coffin of rising and falling death he made sure there was no hanky panky between me and Josh.  Once on our floor Josh walked me to my room.  As we were walking up Mike told me that my dosage for the evening was on my nightstand.  I nodded.  Josh hugged me tight for several minutes before Mike spoke up.  “Alright you two busy day tomorrow and I have to have my beauty sleep.”


Josh looked him up and down,  “Nah man it won’t help.”


I giggled.


Mike pouted, “I will remember that the next time you two want to do something fun.”


Josh turned to me,  “So it seems like our time tonight has come to an end.  Sleep well, kitten.”  He left me at the door, and headed to his room.  


I opened my door and walked in, smiling at the daisies that had been delivered earlier that day.  Quickly I scrawled a note for the housekeeper telling her to enjoy it with her family or take it to someone that they thought could use some beauty in their lives, then I crashed on the bed.  It was approaching three and I knew if I took my sedative now even with an alarm there was no way I would be up a six for PT.  So I curled up and chose not to take it.  

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you all liked it.  Feedback helps move stories faster.  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story