The sun shown in through the curtains in Zenia’s apartment and she started to open her eyes. Considering last night was the first time in a while she had been out drinking, she was surprised to discover that she only had a slight hangover. She rolled over onto her back and stared at the ceiling, smiling to herself when she recalled the amazing concert, the fun, flirty times in the club with Justin. Up until that point, everything about the night was perfect. 


She cursed herself for thinking that she had a chance with Justin. Being blindsided by his ex at his house when they arrived was both embarrassing and disappointing. 
Justin seemed genuine when he told Jessica that they were over. Even the fact that he ran after Zenia was making her mind go into overdrive. 


After Justin dropped her off, she forced herself to come to terms with the fact that she may never see or hear from him again. They didn’t exchange contact info but he did know where she lived and she figured the chances of him ever showing up were slim to none.

It was best to just put him out of her mind. Easier said than done.

She willed herself out of bed and headed to the shower. She had a few more hours before her mother would be dropping Gracie off and wanted to enjoy her alone time instead of sleeping the day away.

When she stepped out of the shower, she heard her phone vibrating on her bed. As predicted, it was Marie wanting all the details of her night.

“Z, please tell me you slept with him,” Marie practically screamed through the phone.

Zenia chuckled lightly. It was amusing to her that her friends were so concerned about her sex life - or lack thereof.

“No, Marie. Actually I didn’t.” 

Marie snorted. “Don’t lie to me! Why else would you go to his house?”

“We really just went to hang out,” Zenia paused. “But didn’t even get to do that.”

“Why?” Marie questioned.

“You’ll never believe what happened..”


Justin awoke to the sound of birds chirping outside, his room completely dark from his blackout curtains. He had no idea what time it was, but he was sure it was after noon. 

He groaned when he thought of last night’s events. He couldn’t believe the nerve of Jess to just pop up at his home without any warning. He had always thought she was crazy but after last night he was convinced the girl was certifiably insane. And to think she thought he would just run back to her after all of the hurt and embarrassment she put him through? Crazy bitch.

He was almost positive that Zenia would never talk to him again. Why would she want to deal with this shit show that is Justin Timberlake’s life?

Little did she know, he had sneakily put his number and name in her phone at the bar. Then called his phone, and saved her number as well.

He was going to give her a couple of days to cool off, then he was going to try his luck and give her a call.

They didn’t call him smooth for nothing!


“Mommy!” Grace ran through the front door, her brown curls bouncing all around her face. She ran to Zenia’s open arms as they embraced.

“Hi, Gracie bug. I missed you.” Zenia exclaimed, running a hand through her daughters hair. 

“I missed you too.” The little girl smiled, beaming at her mother.

Zenia’s mother, Tanya watched the exchange, smiling at the relationship her daughter and granddaughter had. It always made her emotional to see the love they shared.

“How was your night, Zenia? Did you have fun?” Tanya asked, taking a seat on the loveseat.

“Yeah, mom it was great. The concert was amazing. You’ll never guess who I met and hung out with at the after party..” Zenia and her mother had a very close relationship and it was very typical for them to gossip just like girlfriends. She couldn’t wait to tell her mom that she had actually met Justin.

“I don’t know. Who?” Tanya questioned.

“Justin Timberlake himself,” Zenia beamed.

“Oh stop playing, Z.”

“I’m serious, Mom. Marie, Nora and I hung out with him in VIP. And I even went back to his house..” Zenia trailed off.

“Zenia! Please tell me you didn’t sleep with that man. Who knows how many women he’s been with.” Tanya warned. A look of disgust flashed across her face. 

“Mom, relax. We were just going to hang out, but his ex showed up and he brought me home.” Zenia explained, a hint of disappointment in her voice.

“Sounds like trouble.”

“Yeah, no kidding,” Zenia looked to Grace who was engrossed in some show on her iPad. “So, I hope this little one was a good girl for Grandma last night.”

“She was an angel, as always.” Tanya assured her. 

The two women continued to talk and catch up until dinner time approached. Zenia didn’t mention Justin anymore. She thought it best to leave it alone. But it didn’t stop her from thinking about him.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love interracialj justin solojustin