Author's Chapter Notes:

But from the moment that I tasted

I knew that I would have to chase it

You say hold up, I want you to be

A one woman man

John Legend - One Woman Man

The sun was setting over the valley. Los Angeles was cast in reds, yellows, pinks and the tiniest sliver of purple. The small buildings below gradually began to turn their lights on and the city below them seemed to illuminate. JC's house had the perfect view below.

Sam was settled at JC's cafe style table on his patio, sitting across from him with a soft smile as she took a sip of the Gin and Tonic he had made her. She reached over with her chopsticks to take another sushi roll from the styrofoam containers that had been delivered from Moon Thai, JC's favorite sushi restaurant.

JC poured a little more Sake in his glass, taking a sip and watching her with an almost breathless smile. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" he asked, leaning back with his drink against his lips. He was comfortable and sure about this whole situation. Having her here in his house with him felt just the way he wanted it to-- natural, like she had been here so many times before.

"Oh my god, Josh," she said with a smile and a sigh, "This is breathtaking. No wonder why you're constantly inspired to create. Your home is absolutely stunning." She licked her lips and looked back at him with a small smile, "I think I'm falling in love with California."

"Guess you need to think about investing a little more time here then," he grinned, "Just like I am with New York."

She looked at him with a smile, "You know you always have an open door in New York whenever you come around, Josh." She placed her drink down on the table.

He leaned over and picked up her glass to take a taste, to make sure he made it just right. "Mmm. Just like you're always welcome here Samantha. No need to ever book a hotel room in LA, unless you want to."

"I'd always call you first," she said softly, glancing back out at the sunset and taking another sip of her drink.

A soft breeze came through and blew some of Samantha's still damp hair in her face, and he reached across the table to pull it away. He whispered thoughtfully, "God, you're beautiful."

She looked over at him and smiled warmly. "I'm just me sweetheart, just Samantha."

"Who is absolutely beautiful," he said, leaning in to brush his lips against her cheek. "Just admiring my dinner date, that's all."

She smiled and closed her eyes for a moment. She felt the butterflies that had been fluttering around her belly for months feel like they were ready to burst right out. "Mmm. I enjoy being your dinner date," she said softly, opening her eyes to look back at him. She leaned over to his glass of Sake and brought it to her lips to try it.

The sun had officially set and the patio lights began to turn on. He watched her with a smile on his face, unaware that he hadn't wiped the smile off his face since they walked into his house an hour ago.

She took one of the tuna tower pieces and nibbled on it, watching him with a smile, eyes still locked with his. "Mmm," she took her last piece and sighed softly, "You know your eyes crinkle a little bit when you smile. Like when you're really, genuinely intently smiling."

He felt his cheeks begin to get flushed and he smiled harder, looking down at his glass. He reached over and brought his hand up onto her leg to give a light squeeze. "I didn't realize I was still smiling," After a few long moments, he returned his gaze to meet hers, bringing his glass back up to take a sip.

"You kinda haven't stopped," she smiled, pushing her hair back from her face when it fell again. When she spoke again, her voice was soft and warm. "Thank you for an amazing dinner."

"I can't help it I suppose, I guess I'll try to be more subtle about it," he grinned, standing up to gather up the leftovers and begin cleaning up, bringing everything inside to the kitchen.

She laughed softly and followed him. "Let me help." She took both plates and put them in the sink to rinse them out. She didn't even bat an eyelash as she began shuffling around the stainless steel kitchen, opening up the dishwasher and putting the leftover Sake in his fridge. 

JC blinked a few times watching her as he lifted an eyebrow. She looked like she belonged and had been there many times. He closed the styrofoam containers and packed away their leftover sushi in the fridge, stealing glances at her whenever he had a chance.  He finally spoke after a few minutes of gathering his thoughts. "Can I ask you something?"

She looked up, alarmed. She took a moment to lean against the counter, watching him. She could see the surprise in his eyes. She drew her lip in, biting it wondering if she had overstepped her boundaries. "Hmm? What's that Josh?"

"I want to know what your absolute deal breakers are." He stepped forward to her and used his thumb to pull her lip from her teeth.

She laughed softly and tilted her head to look at him. "I hope this isn't your polite way of telling me a woman who walks into your kitchen and takes over is an absolute dealbreaker."

"What? No, oh God no. I'm just genuinely curious." He couldn't help but take her hands in his. "I guess it's just something that I've been thinking about."

She smiled almost shyly as her fingers interlocked with his. "Hmm," she made a thoughtful face, " My absolute dealbreakers are dishonesty. I'm too valuable of a person to be lied to. Men who are constant partiers. Someone who spends more time in the mirror than I do. Someone who can't see past a number on a scale or a size on a dress. And I cannot, absolutely cannot be in a relationship with a man who isn't trying the way I am."

He gently squeezed their hands and stepped forward, his forehead going against hers, offering her a lazy smile. "I do spend a lot of time in the mirror at the gym and in dance rehearsals."

Sam laughed softly. "I could forgive you, maybe let that one slide. Though I do spend quite a bit of time there myself."

"Mmm, the mirror or the gym?"  He smirked on her lips before leaving a gentle kiss then wrapping his arms around her for a hug. 

"Both," she laughed, smirking against his lips, "I watch my form pretty closely. This butt doesn't squat itself you know." She paused for one soft kiss, "And what about you Joshua Chasez? Do you have any deal breakers?"

"Mmm, girls that don't squat." He laughed, "Just kidding. Selfish women, in all aspects of the meaning. Egotistical women. Someone who is emotionally shut off. I need to be able to break down the walls in her heart if I'm supposed to be there, you know?"

She nodded and touched along his face gently. "All very important things." Her hands slid down and wrapped around him as well. "You'll find just what you're looking for sweetheart. I know it."

"I know I will." He smiled as he looked into her eyes. "She's out there, and I have a really good idea about what I want."

She smiled in return. There was something she loved deeply about when he looked into her eyes. It did something to her heart. "As you should," she smiled, "it's important." Her voice was nothing but a soft whisper as she leaned in to kiss him tenderly. "A man like you should have everything he wants."

JC nodded into the kiss, pulling her away from the sink as he began to back up toward the living room. He pulled her along so that she was still up close to him as he continued to kiss her with the softest tugs and pulls on her lips.

Sam smiled against his kiss as he guided her to the living room, returning the sweetest little pulls and kisses against his lips. She was slowly becoming powerless to these displays of affection and could almost melt into him each time. 

He pulled away slowly to catch a breath. "I don't want you to leave tonight, Samantha," he whispered along her lips. "I just want to be around you." He slid his hand down over her hair. 

"I'm not going anywhere Josh," she whispered, feeling a shiver go down her spine with the low warmth of his voice. Goosebumps took over her arms and legs. "I'll stay." 

***

An hour passed, or maybe it was 2 or 3... neither JC nor Sam had any care about the time or what was happening around them. All that mattered was they were together, in that very moment. The air was a bit chilly, and JC and Sam were laying on his oversized chaise lounge. Some of his neighbors had Christmas lights lit up on their patios, and the occasional airplane flew by. Los Angeles was lit beneath them with tiny twinkling lights for miles. A big, tartan plaid blanket from the living room was draped over the two of them and an empty bottle of wine and two glasses were on the table next to the chaise. Neither of them had spoken for at least 20 minutes, just the sounds of outdoors and each other's breathing were all they needed. JC would occasionally reach for her hand and play with their fingers, or place gentle kisses along her jawline. He was the height of contentment. 

He leaned over and felt her shiver slightly in his arms. It made him smile softly. "I have a heater I can bring over here. It's one of those glass fire cases."

She shook her head, "No, no, I'm fine," she looked up at him with a smile. "I think you can do the job just fine. You're extremely warm Josh."

He smirked and slid his feet down along hers, almost playing footsie with her. "I can't help it. I told you I radiate heat all the time. Maybe that's why I make the best cuddler."

Sam laughed, "I'll give you props from my experience. You are pretty good." Her hand rested on his stomach over his sweater and she smiled, as her voice got soft. "I could get used to it."

He grinned along her face. "Maybe I want you to get used to it. I like cuddling you, Samantha."

She smirked cutely as she peeked up at him from his chest, "Even though the video filming is over?"

He took a moment, stopped to think about what she said and took another moment to study her eyes. He was steady, sure and serious. "Yes. If I needed you just for video purposes, I wouldn't have invited you back to my home. I wouldn't have left my band in New York City to spend the night with you more than once."

Sam sighed softly. She was sure that he was serious about her based on the vibe he gave the last few times they were together, but that pesky thought lingered in her mind. She needed to send it away. She laughed softly after a moment. "God, it's almost infuriating how much I like you, Joshua Chasez."

He grinned widely. "Infuriating?" He grabbed at her waist and began to tickle her gently. 

She giggled softly and wiggled slightly in his grip. "Yes, infuriating. Because you're so damn charming and so NOT like any other man I've ever been involved with."

He smiled so hard when she began to giggle, and he leaned in and pressed his nose against hers. "I don't want to be like any other man you've been with. I want to be the best man you've been with."

Sam sucked in a quick breath, feeling herself melt into him again for what seemed like the millionth time that day. She made a soft sigh and looked up at him before brushing her lips against his. "Yeah? You wanna be my best man ever? Like my man man?"

JC pulled her on her side so they could both face each other. He kept his arm wrapped around her, looking down at her protectively for a long, paused moment. "As in I'd really not like it if another man was in my place. Holding you. Kissing you. I want you all to myself."

She smiled softly. "I'll be honest. I don't think I'd like to see someone else in my place either." She touched along his cheek over to his lips. "And if you want me to be yours..."

He put his lips to hers and mumbled softly, "Do you want to be mine Samantha?" 

She smiled on his lips and nodded. She tried to kiss him, but she couldn't fight the big smile that was threatening to take over her face. "Mmhmm. I do."

JC's hand gripped her back and he smiled with her before enveloping her lips inside his with a slow and very intimate kiss. Something shifted between them now that they both had admitted how much they needed each other. His kiss lingered until he emitted a soft hum.

Her hand slipped up to his hair where his fingers played at the slight curls that had grown. His hair was in that in between phase where it was not too long, but not too short either. It was still damp from the video shoot. It added to her sensory experience, coupled with the soft give and take that was sexy and gentle between their kisses. 

His hand grazed her skin softly. It was gentle and caring, not sexual or rough or needy in any way. He stole several kisses and in between he whispered, "Samantha Bentley is my girlfriend."

She grinned in response. "Joshua Chasez is my boyfriend. JC Chasez. I like the sound of that."

He cheesed like a little kid and touched her face. "You're not going to deny me in public or anything are you?"

She laughed. " I'm 26 years old and you're 29. Why would we waste each other's time if we weren't going to be with each other the right way? Unless you asked me to, and then I'd play along in that case."

"Hell no. I want the world to know that the sexiest and most amazing woman on this planet is mine." he laughed proudly.

"Oh sweetheart, you can shout it from the rooftops if you wanted to."

JC grinned. "Yeah?" He tossed the blanket off himself, making sure she was covered and leapt up from the chaise. He ran to the wrought iron railing and yelled out into the abyss, "SAMANTHA BENTLEY IS MINNNNNNE!" 

She snuggled under the covers, chilly once he left. She watched him with an awe-inspired smile, listening to the sound of his voice echo out into the canyon below. She watched him closely, this man who was being so open with his feelings was nothing like the man who walked with her out of the fashion show on Halloween night. He was so endearing, and she was so into it.

JC yelled out into the canyon a second time then casually walked over to her, hands in his pockets. "Hi baby," he grinned, crawling back onto the chaise and snuggling up to her.

"Hi handsome. Do you want to head inside? I can make us some tea."

"Mmmm." JC said nothing else but wrapped his arms around her, scooping her up into his arms, blanket and all. He walked inside, kicking the sliding door closed with his leg. "No, I can make us the tea."

She wrapped her arms around him and grinned, "Oh, so strong." She giggled, "I can put you in charge of the tea. That's fine with me."

"You are in charge of just getting comfortable and relaxing." He placed one simple kiss on her cheek, then made his way to her lips.

"Mmm. I can do that," she smiled against his lips as they walked through the living room toward the kitchen.

"Now let's see," he mumbled, carrying her into the kitchen before placing her down on his granite countertop. "I wonder if I remember how you take your tea from New York."

She leaned back against her elbows watching him closely. "Go for it. If you forget, I won't hold it against you." She grinned smartly at him, playing around.

He smirked and puffed his chest out. "And what if I get it right?" He put his tea kettle on the stove and turned the gas burners on.

She smirked, "Maybe I will hold it against you."

"As long as it's you being held against me, that's fine with me." He grinned, pulling two mugs out of his cabinet along with a box of tea. He opened it up for her and walked it over to her. "And what are you drinking tonight mami?"

She giggled. "Oooh. Chamomile Tea." she pulled the bag out of the box. "And of course. I like being against you, I learned that today."

"Yeah. Your body language told me that baby." He grinned at the kettle began to whistle and he poured the hot water into the two mugs. He grabbed the honey and poured it in her cup and grabbed a bit of sugar for his. 

"Yours did too, blue eyes," she grinned, tilting her head to watch him taking charge in the kitchen.

He walked over to her with their mugs and handed her one. "Here we go, let me know if it's right."

She blew on the mug and grinned cute, taking a sip. "Mmm. Great job Josh."

He grinned. "Yessss, I win." He laughed all low. He took a sip and hopped on the counter with her, staring down into his mug.

"You seem to be on fire tonight with the winning, Josh," she smiled, taking another sip before holding her mug, resting her head on his shoulder for a moment. 

They both sat and sipped their tea, enjoying each other's company in the quiet. He sighed softly and took a moment to kiss her temple. "Did I tell you that you're stunning tonight?"

She smirked slightly, "Oh, please feel free to elaborate."

He laughed softly, leaning forward as he examined her. "I'm just saying that you're absolutely beautiful to me. And I like you."

She smiled, "Why thank you," she kissed his cheek. "I happen to like you quite a bit myself. And you're actually very pretty to me as well," she grinned cute, "Now that you've been paraded around in that music video and all."

He laughed real low, "Oh yeah, you liked that?"

She took a sip of her tea and smiled. "I think it's obvious. You're so handsome and your body is crazy. I liked getting to appreciate you today. I hope you could tell."

He blushed slightly, taking his tea and taking a sip as well. "Oh I could tell. And I'm pretty sure it's written all over my face how I felt about you today. God you're gorgeous."

She giggled and leaned in for a gentle kiss. "I liked seeing how you felt about me." 

***

She awoke, fully dressed asleep on the couch wrapped up in JC's arms. She was resting in the crook of his arm with her head on his chest. 

JC was already awake, staring down at her with sleepy eyes. He was gently playing with her hair, thinking about everything that had happened the day before. 

She stirred slightly in his arms, making a low noise before she moaned, pulling her body more into him like he was her teddy bear.

He smiled lightly and half kissed on her head as he let out a soft sigh. He pulled the covers over them.

The covers over her body made her wake up a little bit and she mumbles again, stretching out against him. "Hi."

"Good morning princess," he whispered in a small voice.

She yawned and snuggled in with him. "You're cozy."

"Mmm. So are you," he grinned and played with her hair, "I'm sorry that we fell asleep on the couch."

"Uhh, sorry for falling asleep on you." She laughed softly, "You must have been so uncomfortable. You could have woken me up and told my ass to move over." She looked up at him with content eyes.

"Never. I was just happy to have you next to me," He smiled down at her, "I was out cold with you sweetheart."

"Oh, okay." she smiled, kissing over his shirt on his chest. "Do you have time to sight see with me today?"

"Mmm. About that, I will. But the guys and I have an important meeting today but it'll only be a couple hours okay?"

"Sounds good." She nodded, "I'll go keep myself busy somewhere while you're gone,"

"What?" he grinned, "Honey, please stay here and relax. I have a huge walk in shower and a bathtub." He grabbed her hand and interlocked their fingers.

"I mean that all sounds very tempting. At least let me have some dinner ready for you when you get home since I'm crashing here now?"

"Are you trying to cook for me?" he grinned.

"I mean I could order take out if you'd rather, but I don't mind throwing something together for us."

"Well, I kinda already had dinner plans for us tonight, so if you need to go get your things and come back to the house you can," he grinned. "And I'd like to take you somewhere for dinner tonight."

"Is that an invitation to check out of my hotel?" she grinned, "And stay here?"

"Absolutely it is," he smiled, "But only if you want to." He sat up a little bit more before pulling her up with him.

"I won't lie, it sounds great." she sat up along with him, smiling, "though I won't lie, your house isn't quite as festive as the Beverly Hills Hilton was."

"Well I haven't been here until this week," he pouted, "I'll work on that if it'll make you feel better."

"Oh honey," she laughed softly, "don't worry about it. Your house is just right," she leaned in and kissed his cheek, "Don't do it just for me."

"Well I want to," he smiled, "and besides, your surprise tonight was an early Christmas dinner at Justin's house. Ashley is there and we wanted to celebrate a little with you girls."

"Ohhh dear," she laughed softly, "That should be great."

He licked his lips, "You're in for a few options with them. Either dinner and a show style fighting, or they'll be filled with disgusting love and sexual chemistry. Either way, it's a night to celebrate."

"I'll be ready for whatever happens," she laughed. "Thanks for thinking of us."

"Bring your appetite and be ready for fun," he licked his lips, "Low key and casual."

"I always am," she smiled, snuggling back into him.

He looked down at her after a few moments of silence, mumbling onto her face, "I don't want to leave you today."

She smiled and kissed his cheek softly. "How long do you have to go?"

He looked over at the clock on the wall. "I need to shower soon but I won't leave for at least another 90 minutes." He needed to lean down and kiss her again.

She nodded a little bit as she kissed him softly. "Mmm. Well, I guess the sooner you leave, the sooner you can come home to me." The moment those words escaped from her lips, she bit her lip. There was something extremely committed about that statement and it felt foreign but exciting.

He smiled so hard against her lips. "I can't wait to come home to you tonight." He reached behind her to smooth out the back of her hair.

"I'll be waiting for you," she grinned, nuzzling her nose against his and placing one kiss on his lips. "Now go shower honey."

He growled playfully at her. "I love to hear that. I'll go shower but I won't be long."

"I'll have something quick for you to eat before you go. Do you have something that you want sweetheart?" She needed to distract herself with preparing breakfast for them. If she thought about him getting naked in the shower, she knew her train of thought would spiral downhill quickly. 

"I'll eat anything," he said, kissing her forehead before getting off the couch to walk to the bathroom. "Strong coffee though." 

"You've got it sweetheart," she said as she got up and moseyed her way into his large kitchen. It took a moment for her to rifle through things and before she knew it, she was whipping up breakfast sandwiches for the both of them with egg whites, baby spinach and turkey sausage, topped with fresh tomatoes on a grain roll. The coffee brewed in his French Press and she was humming along as she worked.

Meanwhile, JC took his time in the shower, eyes closed as he replayed everything in his mind. She was downstairs waiting for him. She said she'd be home when he got home from work... all of these things, all  of these commitments. These were things he vowed he'd never do again but she made him want it all. 

He dried himself off and dressed in dark faded jeans with a Gucci belt and a long sleeved sweater. He was messing with his damp curls as he came back into the kitchen. "Damn does it smell good in here."

She grinned and plated his sandwich and coffee at the kitchen island. "Coffee as black as your soul for a busy day."

"Mmmm," he stepped up to her really closely, pulling her to him while taking the coffee up to his lips with a low grunt, all while not losing eye contact with her.

She swallowed hard before she took a sip of her coffee. She breathed in his smell, his wet hair and the dampness took her straight back to the bathtub on the set the day before and how damn close they were to getting it in. She shifted a bit with the thought.

JC laughed all low, watching her shifting near him. He knew, he was feeling it too.

She giggled softly, leaning in to kiss the tip of his nose. "Eat. Please. Babe."

He grinned and sat at the bar with her. "Look at this, my girlfriend is already making my breakfast for me. Shit." He took a big bite.

"You're like a super domesticated boyfriend type, Josh Chasez." she replied. 

"Yeah well, now that you're feeding me, good luck getting rid of me," he said in between bites. 

She laughed softly, "From what I've been learning about you, I'm not looking to get rid of you anytime soon sweetheart," she sipped her coffee and smiled.

He reached over and put his hand on her leg as he finished off his sandwich. "I wouldn't let you anyway," he smiled, "You're the type I'd fight for."

"I'd be willing to let you fight for me," she smiled, nodding. "I'd probably fight like hell to keep you too Josh." She leaned in for another kiss. "I don't want you to be late."

"Ugh, I know," he grunted, "leaning in to touch her face as he kissed again," "I don't want to."

She tilted her head and nibbled on his lip, moaning softly just once against his lips. She momentarily lost her composure, overwhelmed with the want for this man in front of her. It had been brewing for the last several weeks. She whispered, "To be continued when you come home." 

He pulled back just enough to look at her. "Is that a promise?"

She grinned, "Mmm. A promise. If you're good, I'll send you something to remind you of what you've leaving behind at home."

"Oh, please do." He got off his stool then grabbed her face for one more, sloppy and sexy kiss.

"Mmm. Go." she said, grinning against his kiss. "Make some magic, baby."

"Fuck." he could only muster one word against her lips as he turned away from her and began to walk toward his foyer to grab his keys. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj jc celebrity solojc