Author's Chapter Notes:

When you're lost and you're alone

And you can't get back again

I will find you darling and I will bring you home

Sade - By Your Side

 

Good afternoon guests!

Please gather at the Grand Staircase at 4:00PM to be escorted to our ceremony.

We can't wait to celebrate with you today!

Love, Josh & Samantha 

 

Ashley looked over at Samantha in disbelief. "So the entire Four Seasons venue was just a trick? Samantha Bentley! I can't believe you didn't tell me." The girls were seated in the bridal suite at Malibu Rocky Oaks Vineyard, looking out the floor to ceiling windows up in the clouds, admiring the beautiful scenery.

 

Sam laughed softly. "It wasn't a trick. We hosted our rehearsal there, plus dinner and a brunch tomorrow morning. It's going to be a surprise for all our guests when they arrive at the Staircase... a trolley will be waiting for them to take them here. There will actually be a wedding going on at the Four Seasons today on the lawn like we practiced last night. We did make arrangements... maybe a little bit as a decoy. But, JC and I decided to gift it to a deserving couple. They're a young military family."

 

Ashley smiled. "Leave it to you to be kind to others on your big day. That's why I love you two." 

 

Sam sighed happily, sitting up in her chair while the stylist worked on pinning back her curls into a messy, swept back style. She took a sip of her lemon water. She was wearing a white silk robe that Ashley had custom designed her with a silver scripted Mrs. Chasez across the back. Their photographer was snapping pictures of the girls getting ready while the two mothers were in chairs across the room also getting their hair and makeup done. 

 

Ashley smiled, wearing her champagne colored robe that read Matron of Honor on the back, as she sipped her iced coffee. The makeup artist was working on her smokey eyes and she made a satisfied little noise. "Are you nervous at all Sam?"

 

"I'm okay. I only had one Ashley moment today," she giggled. "I needed him in my life. This feels like it was always meant to happen, you know?"

 

"Oh yes, I do know." Ashley smiled, her eyes closed. "I love how you said Ashley moment. Does that mean you thought about running?"

 

"I did, for about 30 seconds this morning. I thought maybe he'd come to the realization that there was someone better out there for him." She glanced over at Ashley as the stylist was pulling bobby pins out of her apron. 

 

Ashley grinned. "You would never do anything like that. I'm the crazy one, not you baby." She laughed, sitting up a bit more as she rubbed at her belly with her free hand. "And you're insane to think that JC could find anyone better. You are the total package and more for that man, he's so insanely in love, and I've known him since he had trouble growing facial hair. But don't tell him I said that."

"I love you," Sam laughed softly. "If I didn't say it enough, thank you for being here for me. Thank you for making my dress, thank you for being so selfless about today. I know you're pregnant and..."

 

Ashley put her hand up. "You're my best friend and I wouldn't miss this day or the opportunity to make your dress for anything. You set your wedding date... I just happened to get pregnant and make Justin's whole world. Who knew they'd be so close together?" She laughed thoughtfully. 

 

Meanwhile back in JC's suite at the Four Seasons, a half empty table was spread out in front of the five guys. The table had been filled with every possible breakfast buffet food imaginable. Justin spared no expense for his boy. They had kicked the morning off with champagne, but JC was now nursing a black coffee as the five guys sat on the balcony. "If I haven't said thank you to each of you, I just want to make sure to get it out of the way. I mean, I have little gifts for you all and I have little thank you notes, but I wanted you to hear it from my lips... thank you, and I love you guys." 

 

Joey and Chris made a noise and leaped up to give JC bear hugs from both sides, nearly smooshing him, making him laugh uncontrollably. Lance took his phone out to capture the moment with a photo as Justin chuckled. The other photographer was snapping photos from behind the guys. 

 

Justin smiled as the guys settled back down. "You were there for me on the best day of my life, it's only fitting that we're with you today, C." He took a sip of his coffee. "We've had so many life changes together as a group... it's crazy." 

 

Chris nodded. "There's nowhere I'd rather be than celebrating with you. I've never seen you happier and I couldn't be more over the moon for you, brother." 

 

Lance grinned. "Sorry for calling her a hot hookup in Vegas. I mean she was a hot hookup... but definitely wife material from the jump. Sorry for not acknowledging that." 

 

JC laughed. "I could have murdered you in Vegas. I was SO angry at you for saying that. I was falling so hard in love, feeling all kinds of confused about it and I felt like none of you were taking me seriously for saying I had a girlfriend."

 

Joey pretended to be angry. "I told you I had picked her first at that fashion show. And you were all ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Joey why. And then look? That damn ass got you sprung so hard you're wifing her! What the fuck man?" He grinned. "But I can't hate you for it. You're like a different man with her and it's pretty amazing."

 

JC hit Joey playfully and chuckled. "You guys remember how we would joke around on tour and talk about who would get married and who would get someone pregnant first?" His chuckle got deeper, "I was always the last one you guys thought would get married, and here I am... NOT LAST!" 

 

Justin laughed. "Joey got someone pregnant first which we all knew would happen." From next to him, Joey threw his hands in the air in celebration. "I was second. We all knew it would be Ashley," he laughed, "And you fell right in the middle of us getting married." He licked his lips. 

 

"Yeah Joey, we knew that from the beginning." JC grinned, getting up and walking to the table to grab a little chocolate croissant. "I want to text Samantha so bad right now." He took a big, gooey bite. As he spoke, his mouth was full. "Would that be a bad idea?"

 

"You're going to see her in a few hours." Joey grinned, "Remember? Wedding day? Wifing my damn celebrity crush?" 

 

"I know, I just haven't gone THIS long without even talking to her in such a long time," he laughed, "We have to be downstairs in the lobby to meet our ride in about 35 minutes. I feel like I need another shower or something." He began to pace. 

 

"Why don't you go and take another shower then? Take a few deep breaths. I'll get everything packed up and ready for you. Your suit is hanging up by the door with mine, just chill for a few." Justin sprung into action, knowing his best friend like the back of his hand. 

 

"Okay, I think I will. Can you please keep my phone? I don't want to forget it and I already am starting to feel a little scatterbrained right now." He downed the rest of his coffee and walked to the bathroom, turning on the shower. Even if he needed to just stand under the hot water for a few minutes, he needed to calm his nerves. He wanted everything to be perfect. 

 

**

 

"It's time for your dress, Queen Samantha!" Ashley grinned. "This is my favorite part. Not that I'm biased or anything... but I don't usually get to see my masterpiece go on the bride. Just at the boutiques for their fittings. But this is extra special." 

 

Sam smiled, nodding. Karen stepped up to her and let out a breathy sigh. "Samantha, I am so excited for this moment. I never thought it was going to happen for Josh. But here we are. And it's you and I am just... Wow." She reached up and touched the soft lace of Samantha's dress. "It's exquisite."

 

Mom stepped forward next to Karen, took Sam's face in her hands and smiled. "You look like a princess already and that dress isn't even on yet." She stepped back to admire her daughter. Her long blonde hair was pinned back loosely in curls, several stray curls sticking out of the bottom of the updo, tendrils framing her face. She was already glowing and it made her heart fill with pride to know her daughter had waited for the perfect man. 

 

Sam let out a big sigh, feeling the tears welling up in the corners of her eyes. She sucked in a deep breath, letting it out slowly to calm her nerves. "This is the day. I've been waiting for it forever but also can't believe it's here at the same time."

 

Mom leaned in and gave Sam a tight hug, whispering in her ear, "Take every moment. You deserve this fairy tale, Samantha Bentley."

 

Karen stepped in for a tight hug after Mom, then stepped back to the dress hanging next to them. It was long, with a train filled with the most delicate lace. It gathered together at the back with a lace overlay. A gentle flower pattern of lace surrounded the open back with a fitted bodice. It was gentle, delicate and straight out of a fairy tale. "Let's do this, next Mrs. Chasez." 

 

Sam looked down as Karen and Mom carefully unbuttoned the bottom near the bustle. Her eyes fell on the soft blue fabric sewn near the bra cups Ashley had put in for her. It made her smile immediately. 

 

"Speaking of deserving, you gonna let me give you one of your gifts?" JC grinned, his hands on his hips. It was Christmas Eve and their families had retired to the guest house. 


"Mmm, if you're offering," she grinned, looking up at him. "Or I can wait until the morning." Her hands slid up and rested on his shirt. "I'm very patient."


Her grin made him grin and he put his hands on top of hers on his chest. "Well I mean in that case, you can wait until the morning then." He was looking down at her playfully. 


She giggled softly. "So I'll wait then." She licked her lips a little bit, her eyes sparkling. 


JC pursed his lips and made a cute face. "Samantha, you know I can't do that. I could try but it's not going to work." He took her hand and walked them over to the tree. "Just this one tonight and then everything else tomorrow."


She laughed softly, looking at him with the glow of the lights of the tree. "Okay sweetheart."


He offered her a smile, then got down on his knees to dig through some of the gifts. He stood up again with a small box about the size of a CD case. It was wrapped neatly with silver scroll paper with an ice blue ribbon. "Here it is." He stayed on his knees as she settled on the couch, placing the package on her lap. He watched her patiently with a sweet smile on his face.


Sam looked down at him with a smile -- he was so eager that it made her heart so full. "Oh Josh." She unwrapped the gift carefully, looking down at it then at him every few moments. As she opened the box, she pulled out a blue silk heart, about the size of her palm. She examined it for a moment then looked down at him. 


"Flip it around," his voice was soft and steady and his eyes remained locked on her.


Her fingers gripped the delicate silk and she flipped the heart over. In JC's scrawly handwriting, there was a note. 


The day you take my last name is the day everything changes for eternity. As your husband, I vow to protect you and put you first in everything. Your heart is safe with me, and my heart is yours. From this day on, consider me your armor, your husband. I love you. ~ Josh


JC leaned up and rubbed her leg. "I really wanted to be the one to give you something blue. It kept running through my mind that I wanted your heart to know it was safe, and I thought you could have Ashley sew that inside your dress.


"My heart is safe with you. It's never felt more comfortable or safe in my entire life. I'll be grateful for that for the rest of my life, sweetheart." She rested the patch against her heart and held it there for a moment. "I will have Ashley sew it on the inside right next to my heart, baby.


He got up from his knees, holding her face in his hands, kissing her lips softly a few times. "That's right where I wanted it... next to your heart. Ugh, I'm totally going to lose it when I see you, I just know it already." 

 

Ashley smiled, seeing Sam's eyes fall to the blue silk. "Some man you're marrying," her voice was soft and had the hint of a smile. She walked behind Samantha and removed her robe. Her trio of ladies helped her step into the lace dress, buttoning it up to make the perfect fit. 

 

"Absolutely." She giggled softly, stepping into her white Louboutins. The photographer was snapping picture after picture. As she got her first glimpse in the mirror, it made her smile so big. This moment was everything. Now all she needed was the man of her dreams.

 

***

 

Justin was walking behind JC, a big grin on his face as he admired his buddy in the mirror, fixing the tie on his custom Tom Ford suit. "Here's your letter, bro. How are you seriously going to do this letter exchange and NOT take a look at her? This is like the ultimate moment for you."

 

JC peered back at Justin with a chuckle. "Uhh, for one, I'll try and have some self control because I'll see her in another few minutes after this. And two, what could be the most important reason... is that I don't want to start my marriage with bad luck!"

 

Justin laughed as they stepped up to the brick wall, stopping when they saw the wedding planner. He handed JC the letter and gave him a fast hug. "I'll see you in a few minutes. Enjoy this moment." 

 

JC rested his back against the wooden door, taking a deep breath. He rubbed his free hand against his dress pants.

"Are you ready JC?" the wedding planner smiled. "Samantha? Your groom is here." 

 

Sam grinned, nodding. She reached her hand out and in seconds it found JC's, their fingers interlocking. 

 

"I bet you're the most beautiful woman in the world right now. You SMELL like the most beautiful woman in the world and it's making this really hard on me," he chuckled. 

 

"Glad the Honey is still doing its job. Your hands haven't been this sweaty in ages," she giggled softly. "I can't wait to hold them for real in a bit. Are you ready for your letter?" 

 

"Ready is my middle name when it comes to you," he grinned. "And you know my sweaty hands just mean you've got me all up in my feelings, Samantha..."

 

On the wedding planner's count, sheets of paper were exchanged and they both unfolded and began to read. 

 

My Josh,

First things first, if you even think about looking back at me... just kidding. I can't believe this day is here. I've been praying for a day like this since you made me want to be your wife in the worst way. I can't wait to see you, hold your hands, kiss you and begin this life adventure. I am the luckiest woman to have all of my broken pieces loved back together by such an incredible man like yourself. I can only hope I will be the very best woman for you the way you've been the man in my world. I love you to infinity, blue eyes. Je t'aime. 

Your almost wife, 

Samantha

 

JC felt the tears stinging at his eyes. "Samantha, you are every dream I've ever had." His voice was hoarse. "I love you so much." 

 

To the most beautiful woman in the world,

Sitting here tonight I've been trying to put into words every emotion I'm feeling for you and what this day means for us. It's crazy, because I've written no less than 20 songs about you. All I can think of is the fact that the day we met, my world started again. Thank you for making me whole. The only other thing I can think of is how much you'd probably kill me if I tried to look at you right now. I bet you're gorgeous. And I know that it'll be worth waiting for when you come down the aisle to me. I know my words are resting next to your heart right now, and everything on that heart in your dress still rings true. Today you become a Chasez, and I promise to protect you forever and always. I'd be lying if I said I couldn't love you more than I do today, because every day you find new ways to make me fall in love even more. Love you to the moon and back, my princess. 

Can I sign it that I'm your husband? Because I want to. 

Your husband (ok in like an hour),

Josh

 

She looked down at the letter and let out the noise between a cry and a laugh. "Oh Joshua Chasez. I love you so much." She gave his hand a squeeze. 

 

"I'll see you out there in a little bit, Samantha. I love you more." He closed his eyes for a moment, imagining the beautiful white dress adorning the body he knew nearly better than his own. It brought a smile to his face. "You know I always mean every word."

 

***

 

The evening had a slight breeze. A group of about 60 of their closest friends and family were gathered, in a circle, surrounding a circle of greenery in the center of the helipad of the vineyard. Behind them, the top of the mountains glowed an orange with the beginning of the sunset. Golden hour had descended on Malibu. 

 

Justin stood next to JC, looking over at he nervously rubbed at his neck. Justin leaned over, whispering, "This place is heaven. It couldn't be more perfect for you and Samantha."

 

With that, JC stood just a little bit taller, his arm dropping down to his side. "It spoke to both of us. I still can't believe everything aligned the way it did." 

 

JC's smile continued as he looked out at the small crowd that had gathered. The other 3 members of *NSYNC were there with their significant others, his extended family, Samantha's family, his mom sitting in the front row, looking at him with knowing smiles. His dad was standing at his other side, looking at everyone equally in awe. 

 

Just behind the circle of family and close friends, a string quartet sat along with a harpist. A light instrumental of "Love Me Like You Do" began as Ashley made her way gingerly down the stairs and to the helipad. Justin's eyes immediately sprang up and he smiled, making his way down the aisle to take her arm and lead her to the front row next to JC's mother. JC beamed, watching his best friend attentively caring for his wife. He knew he had a long life of similar behaviors ahead. 

 

The string quartet came to a stop as the harpist began to play. The notes of "Yellow" by Coldplay began. Everyone stood up as Samantha and her dad slowly made their way down the stairs. As they reached the bottom, Sam gave her dad's hand a tight squeeze. In her opposite hand, she held a bouquet of peonies, blush pink and white with simple eucalyptus leaves, arranged with a rose gold ribbon around the stems. 

 

JC felt his knees buckle and he held on tightly to his wrist. He sucked in a harsh breath, feeling the wind nearly knocked out of his lungs. The lace, with the lightest sparkle glistened against her tanned skin and every last inch of her was straight from heaven... the woman of his dreams, dressed in white, walking to him. The tears began to well up in his eyes, an overwhelming wave of emotion all at once. 

 

Sam looked up from her father's arm and locked eyes with JC, who was already wiping tears away. It made her smile and suck in a breath that led to a little quivering sob of happiness. The way he was looking at her was all she needed out of this life.

 

Friends and family stood, smiling and holding their hearts at her entrance, in the clouds on this helipad in the mountains of Malibu. As her dad stopped in the center, JC shook his head in awe. 

 

"She's all yours, Josh," Mr. Bentley said softly, turning to look at Sam. He gave her a tight hug and kissed her cheek. "I love you so much, princess."

 

"Love you Daddy," Sam whispered, giving her dad an extra squeeze. 

 

She stepped back slightly and smiled as JC held his hand out to shake her dad's, but her dad brought him in for a tight hug. "Take care of her. She's special."

 

JC leaned in, nodding his head solemnly. "She is the most precious thing in my life. I promise to continue." 

 

Mr. Bentley pulled back, blinking away his tears as he stepped to the front row next to his wife. 

 

JC took Samantha's hands and looked down into her eyes. "Samantha, you are absolutely the most beautiful thing in the world." He shook his head again. "Wow."

 

She smiled, blushing slightly. "Let's get married, handsome. We're here..." Her smile turned into a grin. 

 

JC laughed softly, walking her to the center of the floral circle where Roy stood, smiling. JC nodded once to his dad. 

 

"Good evening everyone," Roy began, looking out at the small crowd. "It is my absolute honor to welcome you to Joshua and Samantha's wedding. When Josh came to me a few months ago and asked if I would do the honors of marrying him, I was over the moon. What a special day for all of us to share together. Marriage is a special bond between two people and  to celebrate the love of my oldest son and his beautiful bride is something I have been looking forward to. Before we begin, even though Josh told me I really didn't HAVE to say this," he chuckled, "I need to ask if there is anyone here that objects to this marriage." 

 

JC's head shot up as he scanned everyone, then he grinned when silence met his father's query. He let out a sigh of relief, which made everyone chuckle. Sam giggled, giving JC's hands a squeeze. 

 

Roy looked down at his son and beamed again. "The Bentley family has presented Samantha to you today in marriage, Josh. From this day forward, you will begin the next chapter of your lives together. True marriage begins well before the wedding day, and the efforts of marriage continue well beyond the ceremony's end. A brief moment in time and the stroke of the pen are all that is required to create the legal bond of marriage, but it takes a lifetime of love, commitment, and compromise to make marriage durable and everlasting. Today you declare your commitment to each other before family and friends, your yesterdays were the path to this moment, and your journey to a future of togetherness becomes a little clearer with each new day. 

 

Roy looked out at the crowd, smiling back at them and he smiled, nodding slightly. "When Josh called me to tell me he had met someone, I'll be the first to admit I was surprised." He laughed softly, looking up at the momentary panic in his son's eyes. "It was next to never that he called up to tell me about a woman. It was normally to call and make sure I was alright, to let me know about his work adventures and to plan his next trips home to visit me and Karen. But his voice had taken on a quality I had never heard before, almost shy in a sense. He had said that he had met a woman who lived in New York City and he was figuring out what he wanted his next steps to be. Hearing the wonderment in my son's voice made me excited to see where this would go. We finally met a few months later backstage at a show, and I knew in that instant I had a new daughter.

 

"I really searched for a reading that would capture the essence of these two beautiful souls. I came across this Apache blessing, and it struck me as the perfect fit. Josh and Sam, Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years, May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth.

 

"This blessing, coupled with this poem, reminded me of when Josh called me up to tell me he was taking Samantha to Paris to propose. Think of this as some fatherly advice. It is called ‘A Vow' by Wendy Cope.

 

"I cannot promise never to be angry;

I cannot promise always to be kind.

You know what you're taking on, my darling

It's only at the start that love is blind.

And yet I'm still the one you want to be with

And you're the one for me - of that I'm sure.

You're my closest friend, my favorite person,

The lover and the home I've waited for.

I cannot promise that I will deserve you

From this day on. I hope to pass that test.

I love you, and I want to make you happy.

I promise I will do my very best."

 

Roy looked between Samantha and JC and he smiled. "Wedding vows allow you to personally commit yourselves to each other. I believe you have both prepared your vows for this day. Samantha, would you like to go first?"

 

Sam nodded, looking at Roy then her gaze shifted back to JC. His eyes were sparkling, deep blue and staring back at her with wonderment and love. It made her smile and let out a soft sigh. "JC. My Josh." She giggled softly when JC began to beam. "I stand here today, my entire heart and soul a part of you. Sometimes I ask myself how I was lucky enough to end up with you in my life and then I remember the night we met and how we were talking about going down the aisle in the first 5 minutes." She grinned and JC laughed, shaking his head with a grin at the memory. "You surround me in love and complete me in ways I never knew possible. From this day forth, I promise to listen to you and learn from you, to support you and accept your support. I will celebrate your successes and mourn your losses as though they were my own. I will love you, my husband, and rejoice in your love for me for all of the years of our lives. I will always be your biggest fan and best friend in this journey of our lives. I love you more than the infinite stars in the sky." 

 

JC began to nod, with a smile as he felt another tear escape from his eye. All he saw was her and he knew that every moment from here on in would be about her, about them. From somewhere that seemed far away, he heard his father say his name and he knew it was his turn. 

 

"My Samantha," he began, feeling his voice quiver with emotion. He paused, laughing slightly then clearing his throat as he squeezed her hands again.  "Let me try that again. My Samantha. Do you remember the very first day that we met? I don't think either of us really knew what we were getting into when you invited me to your apartment for pancakes at 2AM. My heart had so many feelings from that first evening, and when you texted me goodnight when I returned to my hotel, I began to think differently than I had ever thought before. By the time we had known each other a little bit longer, I knew we were meant to be together. You have become my lover, my companion, and my best friend. There's no one else I'd want to build a life with." He paused, letting go of one of her hands to wipe away a tear that rolled down his cheek. "I get to have you by my side, my love and my wife, for eternity. You have taught me that two people joined together with respect, trust, and open communication can be far stronger and happier than each could ever be alone. You are the strength I didn't know I needed, and the joy that I didn't know I lacked. Today, I choose to spend the rest of my life with you. And I promise that I will always choose you, choose us. My heart is yours forever, my beautiful wife." As he stopped, a slow smile, a radiant one spread across his face. His heart felt at peace and he knew that every bend in his journey was leading him to the feeling that he felt deep inside. 

 

She smiled, giving his hands a tight squeeze. She looked up at Roy who smiled down at both of them. She could see the tears stinging at his eyes as well. 

 

"Justin," Roy said, looking out at the first row. "The rings please." 

 

Justin stood up and reached into his pocket, taking out the wedding rings. On a recent trip to New York, JC had worked with Harry Winston to create wedding bands. Samantha's was platinum, adorned with diamonds and cut to fit with the setting of her engagement ring. JC's was a custom platinum ring, with both bands engraved with the date and the initials of the other inside. "I didn't lose them," Justin grinned, handing the rings to Roy. 

 

JC chuckled. "Thanks J."  Justin nodded in response, sitting back down next to Ashley. His hand fell to her belly where it rubbed as they watched. 

 

"Samantha, please take this ring and place it on Josh's finger." Roy smiled. "And repeat after me... Joshua, I give you this ring to wear with love and joy. As a ring has no end, neither shall my love for you. I choose you to be my husband this day and forevermore."

 

Sam slipped the ring on JC's finger which made him grin. She looked up at his grin and smiled as she said simply, "Joshua, I give you this ring to wear with love and joy. As a ring has no end, neither shall my love for you. I choose you to be my husband this day and forevermore."

 

JC laughed softly. "Yessss." He whispered, which made her giggle in response.

 

Roy smiled at his son as he held up her band, which shined in the sun of golden hour. "And Josh, take this ring and place it on Samantha's finger. Repeat after me. Samantha, I give you this ring to wear with love and joy. As a ring has no end, neither shall my love for you. I choose you to be my wife this day and forevermore."

 

JC took the shining band in his fingers and slipped it on her ring finger, smiling as it fell into place with her engagement ring. "Samantha, I give you this ring to wear with love and joy. As a ring has no end, neither shall my love for you. I choose you to be my wife this day and forevermore."

 

Roy smiled. "By the power vested in me, in the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. and Mrs. Joshua Chasez. Josh, you may now kiss your bride!"

 

JC grinned, pumping his fist once before tilting Samantha back in his arms. He let his lips graze against hers before going in for a solid lock, in celebration of the first kiss as husband and wife. He could feel her begin to grin against his kiss and slowly broke into his own uncontainable grin. He slowly brought her back to a standing position and he looked down at her. "We did it baby... we're married!" 

 

They both threw their hands in the air as everyone cheered. The harpist began to play "Marry You" by Bruno Mars as they walked up the center aisle to the staircase. 

 

"Our family is inviting you to a cocktail hour which will serve as the prelude to our dinner. Please help yourself to drinks and appetizers back at the main house!" Roy smiled as the guests began to mill around. 

 

When they reached the top of the staircase, JC stopped, pulling Samantha into his body. "Wow. I just... baby I can't even begin!" He lifted her up off the ground and spun her around with a delighted laugh. "Baby we did it and YOU are the most beautiful thing EVER!" 

 

She giggled as he placed her back down on the ground. "Now you can officially call me your wife... husband." She grinned. 

 

He growled playfully. "That is the sexiest thing EVER okay?" 

 

After taking pictures around the vineyard, inside of the beautiful main house on the balcony, on the helipad with the sunset behind them and even on the beautiful rocky cliffs, they stood at the top of the staircase, ready to greet their guests who were gathered on the tuscan style patio, sipping cocktails and enjoying small bites. John, from Raine's Law Room in New York had crafted two signature cocktails: The Boybander and The Model, tongue-in-cheek cocktails each representing their individual tastes. JC's drink was a traditional Penicillin with Scotch, and Samantha's was a Jungle Bird, mixed with rum and Campari.  

 

QuestLove, the DJ for the evening, chimed in just as the string quartet that was playing for the cocktail hour finished their final song. "Ladies and gentlemen... friends and family, JC and Samantha are so excited to be sharing this evening with all of you.  I will be your host tonight as we celebrate this amazing couple. Get on your feet as we welcome our bride and groom... for the first time anywhere, Mr. and Mrs. Joshua Chasez!" 

 

The music of Finesse by Bruno Mars began, and JC and Samantha came dancing down the stairs together in matching Ray Ban shades, a jean jacket over the top of Samantha's dress that read MRS. CHASEZ in white lettering across the back. Everyone began to yell and scream as they came down dancing and laughing. The lyrics sang out "Yeah, I know that we'll turn heads forever so tonight I'm gonna show you off..." as they reached the final set of steps before the bottom landing. JC took Sam by the hand and spun her around then they reached the porch. They were both all smiles and laughter as he pulled her to the middle of the floor, spinning her around again before he got behind her, doing a slow body roll from the *NSYNC choreography. Her hands went up in the air with a big smile as the chorus continued and JC began a playful grind behind her. 

 

"Give it up for the bride and groom!" QuestLove's voice boomed, a light chuckle following as he watched JC spin her around in his arms again. "Stay on your feet for the bride and groom's first dance. Fam, let's surround them with our love!"

 

Their family and friends stood, making a half circle of sorts around the dance floor there on the patio. The music to "By Your Side" began and JC smiled, wrapping his arms around Samantha.

 

She looked up at him as her arms found their way around his neck. His blue eyes sparkled looking back at her as she began to mouth with the words. "You think I'd leave your side baby, you know me better than that. You think I'd leave you down when you're down on your knees... I wouldn't do that..." 

 

He leaned in, letting his lips brush against hers as their bodies swayed together. He whispered, "Oh... when you're cold, I'll be there, hold you tight to me..." His lips found hers again in a soft lock. "Oh, how I love you Mrs. Chasez." He smiled, whispering, "Ready?" He grabbed at her arms, spinning her slowly away from him before pulling her gently into his body, this time with her back to him as he rocked her in his arms slowly, his lips falling to her neck. She smiled, letting her eyes closed with contentment, of safety in his arms. He spun her back to face him, allowing his arms to find her waist again. They moved in a slow beat, staring into each other's eyes. Moments would pass where one would laugh softly or lean in for a gentle kiss, completely escaped in their own little world. It was every bit as ethereal as he had imagined the moment to be.

 

***

 

Dinner was elegant but simple, served family style at two long tables, with JC and Samantha seated at a sweetheart table just a short distance from family and friends. The stars were sparkling as everyone mingled, drinking and eating happily. Throughout the courses, they got up and paid quick visits to everyone, hugs and kisses and congratulations being exchanged. Guests had checked their cell phones back at the hotel and the only cameras on sight were the photographers, leaving an unplugged and intimate vibe throughout the entire celebration. 

 

QuestLove came back on at the conclusion of dinner, getting the attention of the guests. "Ladies and gentlemen, before we cut our cake and get into our party, I would like to direct everyone's attention inside to the foyer of the main house. We have a special surprise inside."

 

Sam looked up from her sister and aunt to see that JC had disappeared. She smiled, tilting her head and wondering what her husband was up to. 

 

Justin grinned, coming to her side. "Mrs. Chasez, may I escort you inside?" 

 

"Why of course, Justin," she giggled softly, hooking her arm onto Justin's. "You are the best man after all."

 

The guests made their way inside to find JC seated at a white baby grand piano. There were a few candles lit on the piano top and Samantha's bouquet of peonies lay in the center. 


"You..." she smiled, biting her lip.

 


"Me," JC grinned, motioning toward the piano. "You. C'mere." 

 

Sam walked toward the piano, smiling as she came to a stop at the edge. JC looked up at her, sucking a gentle breath before letting it out slowly and calmly. 

 

He didn't speak for a few short moments, instead allowing himself to study her. The cameras snapped a few photos of the trance he seemed to be in until he finally spoke. "You know that you've been the song in my heart from the day we met, Samantha, and I couldn't let today pass without marking the occasion. I started this song while you were sleeping on the plane to Paris and I just couldn't find the right chords and lyrics to finish it. The other night while you were sleeping it all came to me in my head and it was finally done. Almost like the way you have been the missing piece to my life. I hope you love it. This is your song." 

 

He let his fingers play at the keys as he began to play. 

 

Just another love song from a simple man

I've been searching for some chords underneath these hands

So I can try to tell you I love you

You know I need you like you're oxygen

Be my atmosphere, let me breathe you in 

So I can try to tell you I love you


He looked up at Samantha, who put her elbows up on the piano, watching her new husband with awe in her eyes. The room once again became blurred, JC the only thing that existed in her universe. 


I've been lost, I've been found

But I know who I am now, I am yours

I am yours now and always 

Wouldn't dream to be anything more

You take my breath away every night

Still can't believe it when you say you're mine

And I am yours, I am yours, I am yours


I was free fallin' through the open sky

Till you smiled at me and you saved my life

And I knew I was put here to love you

You've got the universe swimming in your eyes

I'm an open book when you look in mine

You'll find that I was put here to love you


I've been lost, I've been found 

But I know who I am now, I am yours

I am yours, now and always

Wouldn't dream to be anything more

You take my breath away every night

Still can't believe it when you say you're mine

And I am yours, I am yours, I am yours 


The song faded and he rose from the piano, walking to his wife. He took her hands, leaned in and placed a kiss against her lips. "You," he whispered, "Are everything."

 

"Josh..." she whispered, her eyes fluttering closed at his proximity, "That was beautiful."

 

"It's all your inspiration," he smiled, brushing his lips against hers. "You made it all happen."

 

She gave their hands a squeeze, nuzzling her face against his. "I'm ready for our next adventure."

 

He grinned against her lips before drawing them in once again. "It's us against the world, Mrs. Chasez. Bring it on." 

 

The music began to fill the speakers as the guests filed back out to the patio to begin the party. JC stood, still holding her toward him, feeling all of the feelings surrounding him and Samantha. He knew deep inside his heart the next chapter of their story was going to be one he couldn't wait to begin writing-- filled with love, laughter and the same unknowns that had scared him for so many years. Life was going to be one great adventure after another.

 

Chapter End Notes:

And there we have it! The big finish... or is it? :)


Completed
soxy58 is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked A Soft Place to Land also liked 92 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj jc celebrity solojc