Author's Chapter Notes:

And we'll build this love from the ground up

Now till forever it's all of me, all of you

Just take my hand

Dan + Shay - From the Ground Up

 

JC glanced over at Samantha sitting next to him as his Mercedes drove along the back roads. She had created a playlist on her iPod of 90s R&B music for their trip, and he was grinning watching her sing along to Mary J Blige. She would never admit it to anyone, but her voice was fairly decent and she loved to sing. Little endearing moments like this would never grow old to him.

"I'm goin' dooooooown! When you're not arouuuuuund!" Samantha belted out, her hand playfully going up in the air in movement with her riffs. 

JC let out a soft, contended laugh. "Maybe you need to meet Mary. She'd love knowing you were a fan, Ms. Bentley."

Sam grinned. "I'm sorry that not all of us have friends in high places like you, Mr. Superbowl Halftime Show." 

"Oh snap," JC grinned, resting his hand on her thigh. "Fighting words."

They had left their house about an hour earlier, setting off on a mini road trip to Malibu. Sam had done some research on venues and fallen in love with a location she had read about in a bridal magazine. A vineyard in Malibu with breathtaking views of the mountains and sky, the Malibu Rocky Oaks vineyard looked like it was the perfect place for their wedding. She knew that things had to be just right and give her that feeling of the one, the same way she had that feeling about JC when everything had fallen into place. 

She peeked up at the GPS on the dashboard. "One half mile until we turn into the driveway," she announced, looking out the window at the scenery. The area was quiet and out of the way, with woods and the occasional house along the road. It was a far cry from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles and New York, some of the busier venues they had visited.

"I never knew this was out here," JC murmured, glancing at Sam before looking back at the road. "Malibu has always been pure beach to me. Who knew these mountains were inland like this?"

He turned on his signal light and took a left through iron gates. He smiled, looking ahead of them. The driveway was twisting and he could see grapes on both sides of the driveway.

"Oh wow!" She grinned, looking all around as the main house appeared as the car snaked further up the driveway. "It's just as beautiful as the pictures in the magazine and on their website."

As he parked the car in the cobblestone driveway. JC watched her closely and smiled. He had a positive feeling about things, and seeing her eyes light up already as they drove in made him have a feeling in his heart that he just couldn't describe. 

"I feel like we're in the sky," she said softly, as she turned to look at him.

"This driveway is even beautiful," he said softly, leaning in to brush his lips against her temple. "Are you ready to check things out?"

"It is. And yes. I am." She smiled, leaning in to snuggle against him for the moment. "This main house is beautiful. And look at all those fields."

"Baby, this place is gorgeous." He smiled and touched her face to angle her so he could kiss her once softly. "Maybe this will be the last one we have to see." His nose was pressed up against hers and seconds later, his smile was pressed against her smile. 

"Let's see baby!" Her voice was hopeful and she left him with one last soft kiss before they broke apart and JC hurried around to her side of the car to help her out. 

As they approached the main building, a man in his 40s with salt and pepper hair came out in a white dress shirt and jeans. He was all smiles. "Mr. Chasez. Ms. Bentley. What a pleasure. I'm Rob. Welcome to Malibu Rocky Oaks Vineyard."

JC smiled, extending his hand out to shake his hand. "Please, Josh is fine. Pleasure to meet you. What a beautiful place."

Sam smiled, shaking his hand seconds later. "And Samantha. Thank you for being so kind and agreeing to take us on a tour Rob."

Rob nodded, holding the door open to the main building. "My pleasure! So welcome to our estate. It is a relatively new vineyard. We opened 3 years ago. My family purchased this acreage. We have 37 acres, 10 of them are planted spaces. We are 2,000 feet above sea level. As you can see, we have volcanic soil up here which not only gives our wine a unique flavor, it gives this area a very unique look."

"Oh wow," Samantha said, looking around. They had been taken into a spacious, open room with floor to ceiling windows. It was decorated with minimal furniture with a beautiful staircase."

"So this is the main house. It is available to be converted in case of bad weather for dinner and dancing. Some couples choose to use the indoor space for their celebrations but the majority use the outside. Upstairs however is both the bridal and the groom's suites. With the use of our venue you would both be able to prepare for the celebrations here. There are bathrooms, en suite bedrooms should you need them and ample space for a bridal party to prepare. Many of our couples like to make their first entrance down this beautiful staircase before they head outside to begin the reception with their guests." Rob continued, walking them to sliding doors.

"It's beautiful," JC said appreciatively, "This inside space is nice." He glanced over at Sam to see if she was liking it as well. 

"It's a great backup for bad weather," She grinned, "Some people may even choose to stay inside."

"How big is your wedding going to be?" Rob asked.

"We're envisioning about 50-75 people," JC said. "And it would be an all-in-one event. We are looking for a venue to not only hold the wedding ceremony but additionally the reception. Now that we are good with our backup, let's go ahead and see the GOOD stuff. We want to fall in love and just know, and I hope you can do that for us." He had a grin, and his voice was assertive. He didn't care if he came across as abrupt, he just wanted to make his woman happy and just know. 

"Well we certainly have the place for that," Rob nodded, leading them out to the patio. Stretched out ahead of them was a pool, a beautiful stone patio and archways and a modern but Mediterrianian-style outdoor space. "This is typically where we hold our receptions. That's a great number for the space that we offer. You'll have options of how you want tables. Some couples do smaller tables of 5-8, some couples like one long table along this patio space with all of their guests together... the options out here are pretty limitless. We offer that bar space there," he nodded toward the bar, "for our wines in addition to your own cocktails you choose."

JC squeezed her hand. "This is something else, Samantha," he smiled. He was feeling his heart begin to flutter just a bit. 

"Oh wow." She repeated. "Rob, I saw online that there is a special covering you use over the  pool to create a dance floor? Our guests are definitely going to want to party."

"Yes!" he smiled. "We have a special plexiglass cover that we use to cover the pool to create the dance floor space. It makes it special because your guests look like they're dancing right in the stars."

"I love that idea," JC grinned. "As you can imagine, music and entertainment is going to be very important to both me and my fiance."

"Of course," he grinned. "Now, let me take you to my favorite part of our property. We have a helipad for transportation purposes. But many of our couples have found their wedding ceremonies are perfect here. So carefully come down these stairs and follow me." 

Rob led them down stone stairs and a path to a cobblestone helipad. It was a perfect circle and it felt like they were in the heavens. The cliffs were around them and the view down to the valley below felt almost majestic. 

JC's heart began to flutter as he grabbed onto her arm. He had a moment of how the entire venue felt to him and he put his lips to her head. "Sweetheart." 

She smiled, whispering, "Josh. Wow." 

Rob stood back and let them walk to the center of the circle. "So this space could be custom designed to your specifications. Some couples create an altar and have their guests face them with the view behind them."

Sam looked up at JC then over at Rob. "What I'd love is for us to be in the center of this circle with our friends and family surrounding us. Kind of like their love surrounding us as we promise ourselves to each other. Is that possible?"

JC swallowed hard, looking down at Samantha. There was nothing he wanted more than to marry her, right in that very moment. "Baby if that's what you want, that's what we'll do."

Rob laughed softly, watching them both have a moment. "Of course, Samantha. Anything is possible."

She squeezed his hands and looked up into his eyes. "I can see it."

"Baby, I can totally see it," JC smiled down at her, noticing she had a twinkle of hope in her eyes, one he had not yet seen in their venue visits.

"Chairs all around us," She smiled, holding both of his hands before looking up into his eyes again. "I can promise myself to you..."

JC offered her a sweet smile, shaking his head at how almost overwhelmed with emotion he was feeling. "I could take you as my wife right here right now."

"Soon," she giggled, "7 more months handsome." She leaned up and brushed her lips against his in a soft kiss. 

He leaned down and kissed her real good, even dipping her back a little bit in his arm. There was a slight lull in the wind and you could hear the faintest of music coming from the patio.

Her giggle was sorth and she kissed on his lips, loving every feeling she was having in that location. "Then we all get to go up and party, baby." The sigh that escaped was soft and sweet.

"Then let's go back up and get that feeling," He smiled, locking his hand with hers as he led her up the stairs following Rob. 

"The views in this place are amazing," Rob said, "It's like a panorama into the Malibu experience. Absolutely phenomenal."

Suddenly, JC stopped dead in his tracks just as Samantha was looking up at the beautiful chandeliers. "Baby..."

Sam looked up at him, then up at the outdoor speakers. Filling the afternoon air was the sound of Sade. By Your Side, to be exact. She looked at JC in disbelief before breaking out into the biggest grin.

He sucked in a breath and whispered, "This is it baby. Oh my God." He pulled her in close to his body and put his lips to her forehead. "I'm gonna marry you here."

She smiled and wrapped her arms around him. She began to sway slightly along to the music in his arms. She mumbled softly along with the words up against his face. "I'll tell you you're right when you want... and if only you could see into me..." She slowly brought her forehead against his and smiled.

He was having some major heart strings pulled and feeling unlike he had ever really felt before. She could tell the feelings he was having because of the way his breath got caught up in his throat. "Samantha..."

She looked up at him and offered him a soft smile. "Hi Joshua Scott..."

He looked down at her and slid his hand down against her face, smiling and looking at her with eyes filled with love. "Baby, I think this is the answer to our first dance and our venue."

She gave him a big, brilliant smile. "I would agree with you my love. Let's see if we can get it for the last weekend in May and have a wedding."

"If that weekend isn't open, I'm going to pay extra or do whatever it is I need to do so help me god baby," He laughed softly and stole a kiss. "I've got you baby." They turned to look at Rob who was standing near the doors of the main house, giving them space with a soft smile. "We'd like to inquire about a date and book Rob."

"We have our hearts set on May 26th, 2007, if possible." Sam added, holding onto JC's arm.

Rob led them back inside and over to the back office. "Oh, May is always busy here. But let me check my calendar." He walked behind his computer and began to type. "That's the last Saturday? Well look, it's the last weekend we have open. It's the most popular month too. If you want it, it's all yours."

Sam let out a sigh of relief. "We'll take it!" She looked over at JC with a smile. "Oh my gosh." She looked back at Rob. "I trust all of these arrangements will be top secret. We don't want anyone knowing the venue location until the day of the wedding."

"Like, I'm probably going to have to bring by some legal documents kind of top secret. It's incredible important nothing with my last name or her last name gets out. So we are using a fake name to book the wedding." JC's voice was stern and Sam bit her lip listening to him.

"That's right. We're going to book this under the Lee-Scott wedding." Sam added.

Rob nodded. "Of course. We have done some other high profile weddings and understand the need for discretion and privacy. You'll also want to make sure that the vendors that you work with will sign the same non-disclosure agreement. Now let me prepare your estimate and initial contract, then we'll be all set."

JC squeezed her hand as they sat down in the chairs. He was almost too excited to sit but knew he needed to be professional. "I've brought a pretty sizable cash deposit. I wanted to make sure we had the date and no one else had it," he laughed lightly.

Rob typed for a few moments before handing them the contract to sign. "No problem! I appreciate that. It'll make things start rolling faster."

Sam grinned as she signed her name as Samantha Lee. JC's prominent signature as Joshua Scott next to hers made her grin.

JC slipped Rob the envelope and then handed him his black card. "You can change this card quarterly whatever you need to."

Rob nodded, taking down the information that he needed. "You two are all set! I can provide you with a list of vendors we work with or leave that up to you on your own."

"Thank you so much for all of your help! If you could email me those vendors I would appreciate it. Same email we used to initially communicate," Sam said with a smile. "I appreciate you taking your time to meet with us."

By the time they said their goodbyes and were back in the car, JC's grin stretched for miles. "BABY, WE ARE GETTING MARRIED!"

"Uhh you were hot as hell in there. So assertive." She giggled softly. "Real daddy status Josh."

He growled playfully and put the car in reverse to turn it around before driving down the winding driveway. "Yeah well, when you see your soon to be wife get excited about something, you want to make it happen."

As he pulled back onto the main road, she rested her head on his shoulder. She couldn't help but smile at how amped up he was. "Well your soon to be wife just found her dream wedding venue. So she is extremely happy baby." 

JC was smiling so big. "I feel like it's crazy to want to celebrate finding a wedding venue and securing a date... is that weird? I'm a guy but I fucking can't wait to marry you."

She grinned on his shoulder before reaching over and interlocking their fingers together. "I mean if you think it's weird..." She giggled softly, "And we should celebrate. Do you propose a celebration idea, Joshua?"

He glanced down at their hands before looking back at the road. "The kind of celebration I have in mind is not so discreet right now, considering I want the whole world to know that I'm about to marry you. I mean I guess they already know. I'm just on a high and I would scream it from the rooftops if I could. UGH."

She laughed softly at the way he was so revved up. "You did shout off your balcony the night I agreed to be your girlfriend. That was kind of adorable actually." She smiled, "I remember looking at you and thinking that the man was at the railing was almost not the same guy that took me back to my apartment the night of the fashion show. The fact that you were willing to be so spontaneous and open about how you felt about me was amazing."

He gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "I wasn't the same guy then, and I'm not even close to that guy right now baby. You have literally made me a better man in every single area of my life. I want to celebrate every single moment we accomplish, with you. Fuck." He laughed at himself and how excited he was. 

"We do have a lot of amazing things that we are going to accomplish together in this life, gorgeous." She snuggled into his arm a bit more. "I'm still in the happy disbelief sometimes that you picked me to be your life partner..."

"Uhhhh.... Baby why would you ever be in disbelief?" He kissed her temple as he continued to drive, "You're beautiful on every single level."

"I'm 27 years old. And you're a member of *NSYNC, if I'm being completely honest," she grinned, "girls like me don't usually land lead singers of the biggest boyband ever."

He smirked as the car slowed down a bit. He took a moment to study her. "Oh, you mean the hot, gorgeous, successful, intelligent, business savvy model kind of girl? The kind of woman that knows what she wants and knows the kind of man she deserves and wouldn't settle for anything less? That kind?"

She smirked. "Eyes on the road, Mr. Responsible. And you LOVE to say the fact that you're marrying yourself a boss." She smiled, leaning in to kiss his cheek softly. "And the tenacious, sensitive, frustrated model who had to fight like hell to get where she is. More doors were slammed in her face than left open for her."

He put her hand up to his face and nuzzled it. "I know you did. And I do love to say that. I love it so much because I'm not used to women that don't want to use me, just like you're not used to a man that genuinely loves you and wants everything for you baby..."

She grinned in return. "I guess we're just spoiling each other, aren't we Mr. Chasez?"

"Spoiling? Nah." He pulled the car off a familiar exit, but not their usual exit to go home. "I think it's just being in a true loving relationship, and being vulnerable and willing to allow someone else to bring out the best in you and listen to what they have to say. I think it's love in all the right forms. Spoiling comes with such a negative connotation to it, when it really should just be the way things are. I won't ever stop loving you the way I know best."

"I wouldn't ever ask you to stop. Just as I won't stop being your partner and lover the way that I know best. You've stripped down any wall that I didn't even know I've had to bring yourself in more than I've ever really truly let anyone else in. And for that, I'm thankful. I'm thankful that I can share these feelings with you in this kind of way." She glanced out the window at the scenery then back at him. 

JC smiled, turning down a back road to a long driveway that led them to the wintery they had gone on one of their first dates in Los Angeles when she had moved out there with him and he returned from touring. "How about we celebrate that over some of our favorite wine in the same spot we celebrated being in love before?"

She began to smile, one of those big ones that just spread all the way to her eyes. "That would be amazing, Josh. Lead the way... this place will always be special in my heart."

"Maybe we can make this place be something special for us on little anniversaries or something." He grinned as he pulled up to the valet. Within seconds, an attendant opened her door as the valet simultaneously opened his. 

"Anytime we have something special to celebrate, that would be wonderful." She grinned, "This was the day you really pulled your first romance card..."

"WHAAAAT?" He laughed, taking her hand again as they walked inside. "I was romantic before this place!"

"Okay, okay, okay." She laughed. "How about the super romantic sweep your woman off her feet card." She gave his hand a playful squeeze.

"I remember this night clearly because I remember telling you to go get dressed up for me because I was going to take you out. When you came downstairs in that lace dress and ohhh... you looked stunning the whole night. I was having these feelings all night." He smiled thoughtfully. 

"Mmm, I do remember you almost dropping the phone when I came downstairs," she giggled, "I had only been home what... a day in the house with you?"

"Yup, I could barely handle it," he smiled, giving his name to the host who immediately knew who he was. They were taken right away to a special table in the corner. He pulled her chair out for her and kissed her cheek with a smile. 

"Thank you Mr. Chasez." She smiled and settled in the chair, smiling even more as he sat down right next to her. "I distinctly remember having major butterflies on this date. Like more than usual."

"Did you?" He smiled and the way they were looking at each other, you could tell in their eyes just how in love they both were. "I remember seeing you for the first time after a show, or if we had been away... and I would get them every single time around you."

"I did," she smiled. "I think it was the fact that I had just packed up my life to move across the country with you. Something exciting about that." She reached for his hand and interlocked their fingers. "But I remember those butterflies during the spring and early summer too. The first concert I went to, opening night. I could only stay until the next morning but just being in the crowd watching you do your thing on stage... then you looking out to see me."

"Mmmm," He leaned in and needed to get another taste of her lips, then he took a moment to touch her face. "Do you know something baby?"

She grinned cutely against his kiss. "Mmm what's that Josh?"

He smiled, nudging his face against hers just once. "I always look for your face in the crowd. No matter where we are, even if I know that you're on the other side of the country or in the next town. I'll always look for you." He left her one more soft kiss before he pulled back to look at her.

She blushed slightly, loving whenever he talked to her like that. She nodded. "Mmm. I love to be looking back at you in the crowd. I've always loved watching you perform. Even before you looked for my face in the crowd."

He smiled, looking down at her. "You mean all the way back to the MMC days little miss MGM studios?" He grinned as the waiter brought them water and a wine menu. He glanced up and shook his head. "We are all set. We'll have a bottle of the house red blend please. Thanks."

She giggled softly, tilting her head to watch him. "Yes Mr. Cry for You."

As their wine was being poured, JC smiled to himself. "That just made me think and wonder who you had on your wall growing up." He laughed softly. 

She grinned. "Jonathan Taylor Thomas. Joey Lawrence. Devon Sawa."

"Ah yes, pretty much has beens now." He toasted her glass playfully and took a sip.

"Good to know that I left my teen idols behind to marry into the new generation of teen idol." She grinned on her glass and took a sip.

He laughed and took a good, long look at her over his wine glass. "In all realness, I am so happy to be marrying you in a dream spot Samantha. From never never caring to be married to now wanting this more than anything."

"Mmm," she smiled. "I've always wanted to be married, but this is even beyond my wildest dreams baby." She took a sip and watched the way his eyes were lighting up. "I want you to have anything that you want in this wedding too. If you have an idea that you want to see, we'll do it."

"Honestly, everything we talked about has been what I want. If I can think of anything else then I will chime in, I promise. I don't know the first thing about weddings and invitations and pictures or any of it so," his voice trailed off in a laugh.

"Oh sweetheart," she laughed and took a sip of her wine, "By the time May 25th rolls around you're going to know so much about weddings you probably won't want to know anymore."

He grinned. "Isn't that why people pay big bucks to just tell someone what they want and not to have to worry about it? Like listen, my wife wants peonies in only white and slightly pink tones with maybe some roses thrown in there... everything has to match and be classy and don't fuck it up." His grin was so cute as he stared at her. 

She laughed. "Is that your way of requesting we get a wedding planner?" She poked his side.

"What? Noooooo." he laughed, "I mean I am slightly concerned but I know that you CAN do this all on your own baby." He took another long sip of his wine then called the waiter over to order them a couple of salads to start with.

She smirked. "I know I can do it all on my own. But I don't think that I want to." She grinned. "I definitely want to be involved in every step of the way but I think a wedding planner would keep us both sane over the next few months. Present them all the ideas and make them happen. This will also keep our anonymity with vendors and things."

"I think that is the best freaking idea you've had in the last hour," he smiled and leaned in to steal another kiss. Their kisses were soft and placed over and over again. He knew he could have sat there for hours with her, talking, having a slow and lazy dinner, and be so happy to do it. 

Close to 3 hours had passed and they had done just that. The conversation flowed easily with their bottle of wine and dinner. Sam was watching him with a content smile on her face. "I love that you've just talked about a wedding with me for 3 hours straight and you're still so into this conversation." She grinned.

His hand went down to his belly where he rubbed gently. He was full and happy. "Samantha Bentley, we are going to be talking about this wedding for the next year. Why wouldn't I want to be so engaged in the details with you?" He kissed her cheek as he signed for the bill.

"I just think it's cute," she grinned and reached down to rub on his belly. "Congratulations on the food baby," she giggled softly, snuggling in as he kissed on her cheek.

"Thanks baby, I think it's twins." He smirked and handed the waiter the bill then leaned back over for a real kiss this time, where he stopped to smile on her lips. "Ready to go relax at home?"

She giggled softly. "Not sure we can handle two sets of food baby twins Josh." She grinned, stealing a soft kiss of her own. "Yes. Maybe we take one more bottle home to split in the hot tub?" She rubbed her own tummy this time as she leaned back in her chair. 

"Oh, I love that idea," He got up and held his hand out for her. "However, I have already ordered a case that I have stored at home so you are all set baby."

She held onto his hand as she stood up. "Ooooooof course you did. You're always a step ahead when it comes to this kind of thing."

"Well, I ordered it like the week after we had our date," he grinned, "I wanted to make sure we always had a bottle for us at home. We got so love drunk that night, and I can't forget it." 

"Yep," she laughed softly. "Also thanks for holding back on me with the wine. But yes. That was a very special date. Something about it..." She placed a soft kiss on his cheek. "Only fitting we'll be married at a vineyard."

"With lush guests?" He grinned as they got to the car. He waited for her to buckle in, then took off driving. "I think we should have a red blend like this one at Malibu Rocky Oaks. It's only fitting. What do you think?"

Her laugh was cute and soft. "Yes, lush guests. And that would be wonderful. I'll need to try some of their wines. I bet there's one like this red blend! And I also think we should each have our own his and hers signature cocktails." She smirked. 

"Ok, I like this idea. JC's scotch on the rocks? Samantha's sangria?" He thought he was adorable and he was laughing heartily. "Then some magic wine..."

"Always the magic wine," she laughed, "We had some serious conversations about life in Napa over a red wine too." She rested her head against his bicep as he drove home. 

He kissed the top of her head sloppily as he drove toward their exit on the freeway. "Baby, you know what I was thinking? We don't know where we are spending Thanksgiving this year yet, and both families are dying to hear about the wedding you know. Well, not that they are really getting any details but they will want a date and to see us."

"You want them at our house honey? We can give them a date and tell them the wedding will be in California." She grinned. 

"Oh! I'd love to host Thanksgiving in LA. We can fly them in together and put them up at the Four Seasons so they don't need to feel cramped in our space." He took the exit for the house and began to drive toward the hills. "Damn. Maybe we need to seriously look into Big Bear for next year."

"That'll be perfect. And next year we can definitely do that." She grinned, "We need to get that list of properties from Gina so we can make a decision."

He kissed her head again as he pulled down their street and into the garage. "Well she actually sent me an email this week already. I just hadn't looked into it because we have been so busy looking at venues. But we have a list now..." He smiled, "We can go get into something more comfortable and get to looking at those too if you want?"

"I mean, while we're on the subject of making big decisions that influence our lives as the Chasez family, why don't we just continue." She grinned and kissed the tip of his nose. "Maybe in that case we hold off on the next bottle of wine so we don't end up with the wrong house."

He laughed. "You know that you wouldn't ever let us buy the wrong house Samantha Bentley." He got out and helped her out of the car. "But I agree, let's just go get comfortable and I'll grab my laptop to bring into bed if you want baby..."

"Samantha Bentley doesn't make big decisions lightly, so you know we're all set." She grinned, holding onto his arm as he led her upstairs into the bedroom.

"I know that she doesn't. And soon enough it'll be Mrs. Chasez making those big decisions. I love that shit SO much." He took his shoes off in the closet and began to undress, watching her.

"With her husband right beside her of course," She grinned and kicked off her shoes. She quickly changed out of her dress into a pair of black shorts and her grey Washington Redskins shirt from the night they met. Her hair went up into a messy top knot.

Of course, his eyes were intent on her and he grinned, watching her change. He knew he'd always grin and watch her whenever she was in a room. He left his dirty clothes on the floor and changed into a pair of grey sweatpants and his black redskins t-shirt. "You know baby, I was thinking of another really big decision actually..."

She grinned when he grinned. "Yeah? What's that Mr. Chasez?" She stepped forward to him and began to play with the tie of his sweats.

"Well I know that... ummm..." His voice trailed off when he looked down to see her playing with the strings of his pants. He cleared his throat. "We are going to look at Big Bear. But I was really thinking and I want to move into a bigger place with you in LA too. Because this house has been mine for 5 years and it was just about me. Now there's you, and there's family. Both of our families can't fit in this house and I don't want to always have to have them fly into LA and drive to Big Bear. So my mind has been thinking that we need to just go big and buy 2 properties."

As he was talking, she tied the strings into a perfect bow. "Oh." She laughed softly. "Josh. Are you serious? Do you really want to buy another house?"

He slipped his arms around her a little bit and put his forehead against hers. "Of course I really want to. Baby, I wouldn't say anything if I didn't want it. The value of this house has tripled since I bought it in 2001 and whatever this house sells for would easily purchase a new house. It's not that it would be frivolous... well that bad." He grinned.

"No, I know that you don't ever say anything that you don't mean." She smiled, leaning to kiss him softly. "Okay. I suppose now that you mention it, this place does kind of symbolize your bachelor pad." She rubbed their noses together just a bit.

He smiled, nodding. He kissed her lips as he lifted her up right there in the closet and continued to kiss on her lips. "Mmm then let's get right to work. I'm ready to sell this place and start completely over with my wife."

She smiled against his lips, giving him one soft kiss. "Okay, let's do this baby. We'll make a list of things we're looking for in our home just like we did for Big Bear."

"Ok!" He said happily, carrying her to the bed and leaving a few extra kisses on her lips. "Let me go get us something to drink and I'll bring the laptop now. Sound good? Get that wishlist ready baby."

She grinned and giggled when he placed her down on the bed. "You got it. Get yours ready honey!"

"I already got minnnnne!" He hurried downstairs and grabbed them a few bottled watered for now but he also brought up the bottle of Santa Clarita Red Blend just in case. He jumped in bed with his computer. "Ok, so let's start with where we actually want to live first and then Big Bear."

"Since you said Gina already sent you properties in Big Bear we can tackle that one second." She giggled when he opened up her computer. There she was, waiting as his desktop, topless in Hawaii, her back to the camera. She was wearing just a big straw hat on the beach in Hawaii. "I love you."

He smiled and took a sip of water. "I love you most of all. Of course I'm going to have you as my desktop baby." He sat up against the pillows, bringing his body nice and close to her. 

"I love it. I look damn good," she laughed. "Okay, so first things first. Mr. Chasez. What neighborhood do you want for us?"

"Not Justin's." He laughed. "Umm, I don't really mind. I just want our land to be big enough, safe enough... more secluded than this one. Maybe somewhere between LAX and Hollywood or something. Exact location doesn't bother me. It's funny because when I was younger I was adamant that my home needed to be in The Hills. I wanted the views, I wanted the neighborhood. Now, I appreciate what we see but it's not all that matters." He smiled softly. 

"I think that means you're growing up, Josh," she grinned, gazing up at him. "And we are not going to live right on top of Justin. We need a good 15 minute drive to be between you boys. But I know the two of you, and you don't want to live too far away either. And all of those things sound good to me too."

"Okay so, my number one is definitely secluded. I definitely don't want to be as close to neighbors as we are right now. So a yard. I want space for family and hosting things because for two families, this place isn't doing it. And of course, a damn amazing master bedroom." He grinned and put his hand on her leg, rubbing it softly. 

"Okay, so big yard. Space between us and the neighbors. We need a big bedroom and space to entertain our families so they can stay with us. Do you want them inside the house or see if we can find a pool house or a guest house that can keep them?" She asked.

"I mean, either one will work for me. But I do like the idea that maybe a guest house could be involved." He started to chew on his lip. Something about making big decisions made him anxious; he always had the bad habit of second guessing himself when it came to personal decisions. And now, the decision wasn't solely his. He had to make sure his other half was happy. "But what do you think about all of this? You're wifey and you absolutely get to have a say."

"I know I do," she smiled. "I think we should have about 4-5 bedrooms in the house, then maybe 2 extra in a guest house, with a little kitchen and bathroom and all that so that when we have everyone, we're not all in one place. Or when it's just my family, or yours, they can all be out there or vice versa. I like the way Justin has his set up." Her voice was thoughtful, "Though I know we both joked that Justin's home was extra."

"Well we don't need an urban oasis," JC laughed softly, "I told you the night we stayed there that it's filled with family and love and it works for his lifestyle. I love your idea and I think it's fitting for our life and family style right now. You know my tastes and I know your style and I think we could make it work and fit us." He rubbed his hands together with his boyish grin. "So do we get to look now at available properties?"

Sam laughed at his eagerness. She loved when he had the childlike wonder and energy that came out. "Yes. Fire up the Realtor search honey. We'll need some space to move your new recording studio over to the new house and I'm going on the assumption you'll want at least a room to convert to a gym to work out in. Do you need an office too?"

"I mean we might as well just have everything. It's going to be a forever home to build a family in." He was laughing so cutely as he opened up the Realtor search, filtering by bedroom searches and zip codes. "I don't need to have an office- that's my studio - but maybe you do?"

"Ehh, nah. If there's anything I need to do, I can work in the kitchen or the den." She rested her head against his chest, watching the screen. "4 bedrooms or 5? If both of our parents stay in the main house that's 2 bedrooms we need, and if our brothers stay that could be 2 more."

"Let's make it 5 boo,  we have sisters too." He was grinning because this was like an adventure for him. He loved online shopping and bargain hunting when he had free time. "5 Bedrooms and 4 bathrooms at minimum." He pulled up the search and there were over 100 homes within their search radius. "Oh snap."

"Okay, find one with the space for a media room, gym and your studio. I bet that'll narrow it down. Search for the guest house, and one with a pool that exists already, we can remodel if we need to. And if that doesn't work, filter out the neighborhood with the highest rated schools." She was watching him click different check boxes. 

He looked down at her and gave her a little smile. He loved when she was thorough and down to business. "All of the things. There should be a box that says ‘All of our requests' that I could just click," he laughed softly at himself and smiled as the filters removed at least 70 of the homes. "Okay, so I'm gonna hand this to you now and you're going to find your top 5 you'd like to see and I'll make it happen for us." 

She smiled as she took the computer from him and began to scroll. She leaned her head into his a bit when his chin came down on her shoulder. "Hmm. Not this one. Too big. Ew. Don't like that style. Nope, not a nice view. Oh. I like this one." She clicked the button to add it to her review list.

He was placing soft kisses against her shoulder over her shirt and nodding as he agreed with her statements. His hand reached to play with a few stray pieces of her hair even. "I love that we have the same taste, baby."

"We do. That makes me happy because this house is going to be a long haul home." She clicked on 3 more homes to add to their list.

"I can have Gina take us to see these tomorrow even, baby... like we can get on this right away if you want." He rested his chin so cute as he was looking at her.

She laughed softly. "We can go look at homes tomorrow baby, of course. Are you ready?" She knew the answer. Her eager fiance was always ready to jump... no, cannonball into something new when he got it in his head.

He licked his lips. "Ready to what? Look at houses? First here, then Big Bear? Shit, I'm ready to drop a down payment and everything."

She giggled. "I love when you get fired up."

He made a cute face at her giggle. "Baby I'm always fired up, especially when it involves you and the life I want to build with you."

She smiled and snuggled into him. "I know, I love that about you, always have. Baby, look through my top 3 houses. Which one do you like the best?"

He was kissing on her cheek then instructed her to click through the 3 listings. "My top pick is the one that has the pool and the guest house with the French architecture. It's got the bedrooms we want and room to add more."

She popped that listing back on the screen. "It's a mix of classic and contemporary. I like that. Four car garage, guest house, gym, media room," she giggled softly as she pulled up the gorgeous soaker tub in the master bathroom, "That'll do."

He grinned so hard. "That's it. We're buying that house tomorrow."

"Josh," she laughed, "We should probably make sure we actually like it. Who knows if the pictures are making it look like something it's not. We should also have at least one backup from the list in case something goes wrong."

He let out a harsh sigh like a little kid, "Wifey is usually right. Okay, I'm going to let you choose your backup one. Then maybe we need to move onto Big Bear so that we can go see all those houses soon enough before the holidays come. I want to be on my a-game this year and not wait last minute with everything like I usually do."

She grinned cute and picked a second house with big windows overlooking the yard with very modern architecture. "Okay, so we visit those two tomorrow. And if you're ready, we move onto Big Bear." She smiled, "And don't you worry sweetheart. This is our first holiday officially together and you know I'm going to be there to help."

"I just... I love you so much and I can't believe I get to spend the holidays with you and how excited I am to do it. I would never normally even be honest about that to anyone, but for you I can. I know you're not going to judge me for it." He said, almost shyly.

She smiled, leaning in to place a soft kiss on his lips. "We'll have our new home ready for Christmas. And if all goes well, we'll be settled for Thanksgiving too if we play our cards right with the closing and move everything in. I'm sure Gina can get the deal closed pretty quickly if all goes well." She sighed thoughtfully, "We have a lot of holidays ahead of us."

"We have forever ahead of us," He placed a few more soft kisses then touched her face. He was leaning into her, grinning on her lips. "I'm going to remember this moment for a long time you know, picking out houses in bed with you."

"In our old ass Redskins t-shirts and sweats?" she grinned.

"In fact!!!!" He grinned, "this calls for a picture and you cannot tell me no because you are positively gorgeous." He grabbed his phone and was making a cheesy grin as he started snapping pictures.

She was laughing so cute as he snapped away. "Joshua scott, sometimes I don't know what I'm going to do with you. Honestly."

"You're going to marry me and deal with me." He grinned as he thumbed through the photos and selected one, preparing to upload it to a MySpace bulletin. "I'll show off this beautiful woman any chance I can get... never believed in soulmates until the day I found mine." He typed, posting the photo and text.

"I guess that's what comes with the territory, eh?" She grinned, interlocking their fingers with a smile. 

"Look how CUTE we are!" He held his phone browser up to her with a big smile. "Baby you know I'm going to show you off any chance I can." 

"I know honey," She took his laptop and closed it up. "Why don't we focus on Big Bear later? I think we've made some pretty big decisions already tonight."

"So I can focus on you now?" He put his phone down and pulled her all up in his arms where he wrapped them around her nice and tight.

She leaned over and put his laptop down on the side table and snuggled into his arms, looking up at him with a smile. "Mmmm."

He was looking down at her with a soft smile. They didn't need words for a long moment. "Hi..."

"Hi honey," she was looking up at him with a smile, "Do you want to totally redecorate our new bedroom or just bring this furniture over?"

"Well, we can keep this furniture for the guest house. But I'd like to have a new bedroom set with my new wife." He smiled and stroked her cheek with his thumb. "How does that sound?"

"That sounds good to me. That way the guest house is beautiful but we'll have some new stuff that'll be picked out by the both of us. Though I do have many good memories of this bed." She smirked. 

"Oh my god do NOT get me thinking about that while my parents or yours are going to be sleeping in this bed!" He started to laugh and his eyes squinted shut. 

She laughed and playfully hit as his arm. "Joshua! I literally meant things like this. Laying here, talking to you, planning and dreaming about life."

"Ohhhh." He was still laughing softly before placing his lips on her forehead with a smile. "I have the best memories with you. In this bed, in the kitchen, even on my patio."

She sighed softly. "Where you asked me to be your girlfriend."

"Where you agreed to be with me," he grinned. "Now here's to making many more new memories in a house we pick out together, Ms. Bentley."

Chapter End Notes:

Wedding venue is Malibu Rocky Oaks in Malibu, CA :o)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj jc celebrity solojc