Chapter 7


Jenn got dressed, a light and airy dress with a light sweater and sandals. She knew it would likely be hot and muggy outside, so wanted to be prepared. 


She went down to the lobby of the hotel, walked outside, and looked around. People were everywhere, rushing to and fro. She decided we’d walk along the block, however long that took. She saw lots of different shops, small cafes, so many things that made her forget she was in NYC, and felt more like San Francisco. Lots of shops selling tourist trinkets, sweatshirts, and the like.  She was halfway through, by her best guess, when her phone rang. 


“I’m on my way back from dropping Angie off at the airport. Meet me in the lobby?”  Justin said. 


“Sure, just walking around the block of the hotel, be back soon.  Love you.”


“Love you beautiful,” he said as he hung up. 


She walked a little quicker trying to get back to the hotel before Justin did. She felt like she lived there now, rushing to her destination and not taking her time. 


She walked into the lobby and sat down in a chair near the lounge. Her phone rang. 


“I’m pulling up now if you want to get in the car and go to lunch. It’s a bit of a drive to where I want to take you.”


“I’ll be right out.” She hung up. 


Stepping back outside she saw a black car pull up. It could have been anyone, but once he rolled down his window to wave her over, she was sure. 


He opened the door for her and gave her a kiss. “Hello beautiful,” he said, helping her get in. “Have I told you I love that dress on you?”


“Maybe, but I’ll remember that. How’d everything go today?” she asked. 


“Good. Biggest interview was with Z100. We talked a bunch and they had callers ask questions.”


“What kind of questions did the callers ask?”  She was curious if he knew it had been her on the phone. 


“The usual. Then I got this one girl, she seemed a little nervous, but it was cute. Like she forgot her own name for a second. She asked some good questions.”


“Yeah?”


“Yeah. She sounded so cute asking about the album, as if she had no clue she’s my inspiration.”


“Damn it. What gave me away?” She wasn’t sure whether to be impressed or disappointed that he knew. 


“First off, your name. The biggest tip off, your voice. I’d know your voice anywhere. You didn’t even try to hide it. Thankfully no one else there knew it was you to have us both stay on.”


“I was in the tub when I called, so I couldn’t really think on my feet.  I heard what you said after when the DJ kept asking about us. I do love to hear you gush about me. Like you’re not ashamed of being with me.”


“Why should I be? Never mind, I’m sure there’s a story of some jerk in your past. I meant every word of it. You telling me you were in the tub gets me all kinds of turned on…” He whispered the last sentence slowly in her ear. It made her body tingle when he’d talk sweet and slow and sexy in her ear. 


Soon they pulled out to their stop. “Oh my gosh! It’s the place from ‘When Harry met Sally’!”


“Yup, hopefully you won’t be faking it later…” he laughed. 


“Never. With you? Never.”


They went in and ordered sandwiches. She got a turkey sandwich, he got the brisket. “A little bit of Memphis BBQ here in NYC with this sandwich.” 



They finished eating and headed back towards the hotel. “What next?” she asked. 


“I was thinking maybe the Central Park Zoo, maybe the carousel. You look like you’re dressed for the occasion for sure. All cute in your summer best.”


“That sounds great. Maybe we could do a carriage ride tonight or tomorrow night? It’d be romantic as hell.”


“We’ll see what I can arrange.”

 

They got out of the car, and started walking across to Central Park. She’d seen different parts in movies, but up close and in person was something else. It was actually a pretty great day weather wise. A little warm and cloudy, she’d heard a storm was rolling in. Storms didn’t bother her as much as they used to, she had Justin to thank for that. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj