Author's Chapter Notes:

In my opinion, this is the reception that should have happened in real life...

Chapter 69


They pulled into the small parking lot for the reception hall. Tarps and security were in place, the limo door opened into a makeshift hallway to the door leading inside. Security motioned to the DJ that they were ready. They announced the bridal party as they came in before announcing, “I have the pleasure of introducing the brand new Mr. and Mrs. Justin Timberlake!”  


Justin and Jenn sat at a sweetheart table near the table for the bridal party and the table for the parents and family. Food was served, champagne was poured, toasts were made, glasses were clinked for the bride and groom to kiss. 


The DJ announced it was time for their first dance. Jenn took Justin’s arm and they walked to the middle of the dance floor. She noticed something pinned to the lapel of his shirt. Did he forget to take off the mic after the ceremony? she wondered. 


A familiar song came through the speakers, she felt butterflies just from the beginning notes. Until she realized it wasn’t a recording. 


“When the visions around you, bring tears to your eyes, and all that surrounds you are secrets and lies. I’ll be your strength, I’ll give you hope, keeping your faith when it’s gone. The one you should call, was standing here all along…”


Jenn was speechless hearing him since an *NSYNC song to her. The guests cheered as he sang, and erupted in screams when the rest of the guys sang the chorus. 


Tears welled up in Jenn’s eyes, that he did this for her, had gotten them to sing for her, made the day that much more special. 


She cried when JC sang, “this is a battle we’ve won. And with this vow, forever has now begun…”


She could barely breathe, mouthing the words to sing back to Justin. He kissed her during the brief musical break before going back into the chorus. The guests cheered as the song ended. 


“We’re not done yet,” they heard Justin say. Jenn heard those familiar notes, a harmonica solo she knew was Stevie Wonder on the recording. 


“So many times, I thought I held it in my hands, but just like grains of sand, love slipped through my fingers. So many nights, I asked the Lord above please make me lucky enough, to find a love that lingers. Something keeps telling me that you could be my answered prayer. You must be Heaven sent, I swear, cause…” Justin sang. Jenn continued to cry, overwhelmed with emotion. She can tell he’s emotional singing to her, seeing it in his eyes as he stared deep into hers as he sang. 


She kissed him deeply once the song was over, before whispering into his ear, “thank you, Justin. This was the best surprise you could give me. Another reason today will be my favorite day of my life.”


They cut the cake, thanked their guests, and were ready for the bouquet toss and garter belt. Jenn tossed the bouquet behind her, and Angela caught it. She sat in a chair for the garter belt. They’d decided to put one in Justin’s pocket, but he could still go under her dress to get a quick kiss to her upper thighs. He flung the garter belt, which Chris caught. 


They opened up the dance floor for everyone and let the party portion begin. Jenn and Justin felt free to have a few drinks and dance with their friends and guests. 


Chris walked up to Jenn. “Thanks for pairing me with Angela. I’ve gotten to talk to her and she’s pretty great.” He looked at Justin.  “And she’s freaking hot,” he chuckled. 


Justin whispered in Jenn’s ear, “guessing someone’s hooking up tonight…”. Jenn laughed in agreement. “Hey, good for them.”


The night went on, and it was time for them to get in their limo and go to their hotel for the night. The guests lined the hallway out to the door, allowing them to walk down the makeshift hallway outside to the limo. 


It was just the two of them heading back to the hotel. Justin couldn’t stop kissing her, cupping her face. She gave little moans of enjoyment as they kissed. Since he’d checked in when he came back into town, they went right up to the honeymoon suite he had booked. The staff knew today was the wedding, and left a bottle of champagne and strawberries for them. 


“I know we weren’t sure about anything tonight, but seeing you in this dress, I’m already halfway done,” Justin said in a husky voice. 


“Well, let me get you all the way there. Quickie now, but we’re taking our time on our honeymoon...”

 

“Oh you best believe it Mrs. Timberlake, you better BELIEVE it. Happy wife, happy life,” he said as he carried her to the bed. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj