Author's Chapter Notes:

Finally, the big day.

Chapter 68


The next morning, Jenn and the girls were up early having breakfast together. They went to her favorite breakfast spot. She had eggs Benedict and blueberry pancakes. They grabbed all their things for the day and headed to the church to get ready. Hair and makeup arrived at the church and started working on the girls. Her hair was pulled back into a low bun, with shorter pieces left out and curled to frame her face. Her eye makeup took from their color scheme, using silver and white as an extension of her dress. 


Justin's morning was much more relaxed, he had breakfast with his whole family before Lynn went to the church to get ready with the girls. 


“Justin, about the phone call…” Lynn started. 


“Mom, don’t.” Justin said shortly. 


“Let me do this. I’m sorry. You’re right. It was terrible of me to even suggest it. She’s not what I assumed of her. She makes you happy, you love each other, that should have been enough for me.”


“Thank you, Mom. Not gonna lie, it would’ve killed me if you weren’t here today, but it wasn’t going to stop me from getting married. Let’s put this past us so we can both enjoy this day.  Love you mom.”


“I love you, son.”  They hugged and kissed each other on the cheek. 



The girls were almost ready when they heard a knock on the door. It was one of the photographers. They’d taken shots of the guys in their suits and such, and wanted one special shot. Jenn wasn’t in her dress yet, but she went to the door. She felt a familiar hand reach for hers. “Just like that, just your hands for this shot,” said the photographer. “Jenn, once you’re in your dress I want a shot like this again, but you in your dress, Justin in his suit on the other side.”


Justin handed her an envelope before letting her finish getting ready. 


She sat down and opened the envelope. It was on stationery from the hotel. 


Jenn, I don’t know if I can be any happier than I am with you, any happier than today making you my wife. I love you with all that I am. Happy wedding day. Justin


Jenn did her best not to cry. She knew she was going to be a mess just walking down that aisle to him. 


Soon it was time to get into her dress. The photographer was there to capture the moment, putting her veil and jewelry on to finish her look. They opened the door, Jenn stuck out her hand, and Justin was ready to grab it. She was on one side of the door, he was on the other, but still having a moment together before the ceremony. The photographer took pictures before Justin was ushered off so they could line up to start. 


Jenn walked out with the girls once Justin was out of sight. The guys surrounded her and took turns gently hugging her. 


“You look beautiful, Justin won’t be able to keep his eyes off you,” Trace said. 


They lined up in their order, waiting for the music to start. Everyone walked down, Jenn and her dad waiting at the top of the stairs for her grand entrance. Everyone stood, and all eyes were on her as she stepped out. Her train trailed behind her down the stairs. Jenn kept her eyes on her dad, she knew she’d cry if she made eye contact with Justin. As she walked down the aisle, she looked at him, tears of joy welling up in her eyes. He was fighting back tears, overwhelmed by how beautiful she looked. She was soon standing in front of Justin, the two holding hands. 


Pastor Larry gave a welcome greeting and a short speech about love, the importance of what they were there for today.  Justin’s dad shared memories of them as children, a timeline of their lives together and apart. “Their relationship solidified during a time of trial. It made them stronger, showing them they can work through anything together. They are here to make that commitment to each other in front of us here today.”


They exchanged rings, and it was time for their vows. 


“Jenn, some would say that we were destined to be together. Teasing us as kids and young teens that we’d end up together. Life worked out the way it needed to in order to bring us here. While we may have been destined to BE together, it’s our commitment to each other that has helped us STAY together. I promise to love and support you no matter what life throws our way. You are my rock, and I will seek your input above all others. You inspire me to be a better man, you show me how to fight for now, staying in the moment. I promise to protect you and care for your every need, I am nothing without you. I am blessed to become your husband and have you as my wife.”  She could tell he was nervous, his voice shook at various points, trying not to be overcome with emotion. 


“Justin, it’s always a dream to marry your best friend, the boy next door. I am blessed that this is my reality. If you had told me even a week before you showed up at my door that I would be marrying my childhood best friend, I wouldn’t have believed it. Life is full of surprises, and you are the best surprise of all. I promise to love you, respect you, cherish you for the man I see, not for who everyone else sees you to be. You’ll always be my best friend that could make me laugh on a rough day, the talented musician who is genuinely good at EVERYTHING, but is humble and modest in spite of his success. I promise to support you and work with you to communicate and take life head on together. I love you, cannot imagine life without you, and I’m glad I never have to again.”


Randy and Larry looked at each other. “I hereby pronounce you as husband and wife,” Larry said. 


“Justin, you may kiss your beautiful bride,” his dad said. 


Justin wasted no time in pulling Jenn close to him and giving her a deep, romantic kiss. The church rang out with cheers, applause, whistles, and shouts of joy from the guests. 


The buses that had picked guests up from the hotels shuttled them to the reception venue while the bridal party and families took pictures. They had never looked so happy in their lives, smiles big and bright, eyes only for each other. 


Once the pictures were done, Justin snagged Jenn to a corner of the church for a quiet moment together before getting into their limo and going to the reception. 


“You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. It took everything I had not to cry when you walked towards me down that aisle. I love you so much,” he whispered to her. 


“I love you too. I’m so glad this day is finally here and we get our forever after. I couldn’t look at you without wanting to cry tears of joy at where we are right now. One more kiss before we go.” 

 

Justin gladly obliged, kissing her deeply. They joined the rest of the bridal party and got into the limousine for the reception. They popped champagne and toasted on their drive, ready to start the night off right. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj