Chapter 67


The next few days were spent on finalizing wedding details, doing final walk throughs at the church and reception site, and reviewing security and transportation. Jenn and the girls went to the San Jose show, which was bittersweet for her. She was glad to see her friends, but it being the last show she’d see for a while left her sad. She knew she’d have Australia and New Zealand, but this was it before the wedding. She wouldn’t have Angela with her then, she’d be all alone in the crowds there. 


The wedding was two days away, and it was the day for the bachelor and bachelorette parties. Justin’s was an all day event, Jenn’s being at night. 


Justin and the guys started the day with a round of golf at a posh golf course at the edge of South San Jose that Jenn had recommended to Justin over a year prior. Next was a little more relaxed, a round of go karts.  Dinner and drinks were at a Brazilian steakhouse with unlimited meat of all kinds of beef, chicken, lamb, and pork. The guys decided on calling it a night after dinner. Justin didn’t want a stripper because he worried about how Jenn would feel if she found out. Thankfully the guys respected his decision and went back to the hotel. 


Jenn’s night was at an Italian restaurant with former coworkers and friends from college and church for dinner and drinks. They went back to a house of one of the girls where they created their own “club”, but decorated in typical bachelorette style with phallic candy, straws, and decorations of all kinds. They brought in a DJ with a very specific set list. It was all dance music, heavily featuring songs by Justin and *NSYNC that the girls knew a regular club wouldn’t play just for them. They had a bartender service to make any drink they wanted, and danced the night away without having to get hit on by creepy strangers. Most of the girls spent the night there, Jenn included. 


The next day was the wedding rehearsal. They all came to the church, including their families. Justin and Jenn were relieved when Lynn and Paul arrived. 


Justin, his dad, and Pastor Larry would come to the steps from the front of the church. The moms would walk in together from the back, taking their seats at the front. Next would be the bridal party. Joey’s daughter Briahna was their flower girl, and Justin’s brothers served as ring bearers. Then Jenn would come down a curved staircase to walk down the center aisle. They rehearsed the entrance to live music being played, most of them noting bar measures, specific notes or key changes, and tempo for their cues. 


The rest of the rehearsal went quicker, going over the rough outline of the service. They got to the part with the vows. They normally didn’t go over the actual vows, just noting where it was in the ceremony. Justin, however, felt the need to say something. 


“Jennifer, I thought this was going to be the most difficult thing I ever had to do… But when I saw you walking down that aisle…”


“You’re not really using Chandler’s vows from Friends, are you?” Jenn asked, somewhat seriously. 


Justin busted up laughing. “I felt like I needed to throw that in somewhere tonight instead of tomorrow in front of people that might not get the joke. I’m glad you were one that got it.”


They continued on with the rehearsal and soon were finished for the night. Next came the rehearsal dinner at a seafood restaurant in downtown San Jose. They had a private room and toasted Justin and Jenn throughout the meal. Chris got up and started in on Joey’s wedding speech from Friends, to more laughs from Jenn and Justin. It was a perfect night that left Jenn feeling relaxed about the big day. After dinner, the bridesmaids had arranged for a limo to take the bridal party to one final activity before the wedding. They went to a karaoke bar with private rooms, where they could take turns singing and drinking. They were all careful not to drink too much so they were fine for the next day. 


“This was a great idea,” Justin said to the girls. “I’ve never seen Jenn so confident as when she’s singing. She becomes a more confident version of herself.”


“Honestly, I think a lot of it’s you, too,” said Michelle. “We’d do karaoke in college, but she was still shy to do it and her voice would almost tremble at the start of her first song. What we’re seeing tonight is definitely a new side of her. She was good before, but with you and your connection, she becomes great. After seeing you in concert this year, I’m sure you’re the same way. You do even better the nights she’s there than the nights she’s not.  That’s a good sign for your marriage, bringing out the best parts of each other.”

 

They all went back to homes and hotels for the night, Justin and Jenn sharing one long, lingering kiss before their next as husband and wife. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj