Chapter 65


The first of the LA shows had come, and Jenn knew what that meant- Angela would be back, and within days she’d be sitting with JC and Lance. She and Justin headed to the arena, where Angela was already waiting for them in the dressing room. 


Jenn went to use the bathroom, and Justin walked over to Angela and whispered, “Thanks for keeping my secret. I just hope it means as much to Jenn as I think it will.”


“She’ll be speechless, maybe even tears. And how the guests…”


“All I care about is HER reaction.”


“She feels the same way about when you see her in her dress.”


“I’ll be speechless, maybe even tears,” he replied. 


They quickly stopped the conversation as they heard her coming out. 


“Did I interrupt something?” Jenn asked. 


“Just business stuff with the tour winding down. I’m out of a job before the wedding,” Angela said. 


“For now. More like a temporary thing. I’ll highly recommend you if something else comes up for you before I need you again. You’ll stay in touch with Jenn though so it’s not goodbye forever,” he assured her. 


There was a knock at the door. Jenn’s heart started beating faster in hopeful anticipation. 


Security came in flanking two familiar faces. The two hugged Justin before turning to Jenn. 


“Jenn, you know these guys. Guys, this is Jenn.”


She wasn’t sure what to do. Lance reached out and gave her a hug. “Nice to see you again, I heard you came to see us at a show years ago.”


“Yeah, it was 1999, so it’s definitely been a while,” she said. 


JC went in for a hug. “So you’re the girl that got this guy to settle down? Didn’t think there was a girl that could put up with him.”


“She doesn’t. She calls me on my shit,” Justin laughed


They all sat down, Jenn was nervous to say anything. Then she remembered a few things to talk about. 


“Lance, I heard you’re gonna be on Broadway. Hairspray?” Jenn asked. 


“Yeah, I just started. Taking time off for the wedding, they knew before I started that I needed time off for a wedding. Just didn’t tell them whose. 


“JC, Justin said he worked with you in the studio recently…”


“Yeah,” he said, running his hand around his neck. “I dunno that it’s gonna happen though. Not really much of a solo artist, and the label is being shitty.” She noticed his whole attitude changed. Way to go, you fucking broke national treasure JC Chasez, she thought. 


They changed topics and continued talking. Jenn and Angela went to grab lunch. 


“Wow, she’s changed man,” JC said. “She filled OUT…”


“JC she was 14,15 the first time you met her. Of course she was gonna change.”


“Just saying, if you didn’t snag her I might have…”


“She’s beautiful, Justin,” Lance said. 


“She’s more than that, though. Not gonna lie, just looking at her does things to me, but I know her inside and out. She’s beautiful on the inside, caring, compassionate, respectful, sincere. I’m really lucky, I tell myself that every damn day I wake up.  She keeps me grounded, it’s been great having her on most of the tour. I get stuck in my head without her.”


The girls came back with food for everyone. “Did we miss anything?” they asked. 


“Just Justin gushing about you,” JC laughed. 


“Yeah, I get that a lot,” Jenn joked. 


“You gonna stay for the show?” Justin asked the guys.  “Jenn is normally on the floor but you’d be crushed by fans. I have a suite reserved at every show just in case. You guys could use it.”


JC and Lance nodded. “That sounds good. Jenn, you wanna be with us for tonight?”


“Yes,” she said, not missing a beat. “We can talk shit about Justin , I’ll get the real dirt…” 


“You know it all anyways, so whatever…” Justin laughed. “JC, no trying to steal my girl now.”


“Hey, she’s an adult, I’m not in control of what she does. If she wants me, who am I to say no?”


I can’t tell if they’re joking or not, she thought. 


JC picked her up, threw her over his shoulder, and laughed, “haha sucker, she’s all mine now!” and ran out of the dressing room. He put her down just outside and they all followed security to the suite.


“So you’ve known Justin since you were little, right?” Lance asked. 


“Yeah. Our families went to the church Justin’s dad was at, so we’ve been together since we were itty bitty. Wow, that sounded weird, sorry.”


“What all has he told you guys about me? When did you guys find out we were together?” Jenn asked. 


“I mean, I know we don’t talk as much as we used to, but after Joey’s wedding we all got in touch again. He called me up not too long after and told me he thought you were the one. The biggest thing that surprised him was you being a fan. I can’t imagine being THAT close to him for so long and NOT being a fan. But I think he called all of us up last year saying you guys were engaged and if we would be part of it,” JC answered. 


“So, he proposed to me on New Year’s Eve 2004 going to 2005… I guess he kept it from you guys in case anyone asked,” Jenn said. 


“Asshole,” JC laughed. 


“He told us how y’all got back in contact, the whole thing with your dad having cancer and bringing you two together,” Lance said. 


“Yeah, it was like a movie. I get a random text from him saying ‘can you talk’ and next thing I know he’s at my door in the pouring rain in Tennessee. 


“He likes to go big,” JC added. 


“Speaking of which, looks like they’re ready to start,” Lance said, looking out into the arena. They sat in the seats at the edge of the suite. Close enough that people could see them if they wanted, but far away enough that they were safe from other fans. 


The show began. Jenn kept watching JC and Lance for their reactions to Justin on stage. She danced alongside Lance, and JC kept bopping his head, feeling the music behind everything, and had such a proud look on his face. 


Justin got to a point in the show where he stopped to talk to the audience. “I consider myself blessed to do what I do, but this next song is to a woman that has been my rock these last few years. Her support and faith in me never ceases to amaze me. This song is dedicated to Jenn.”

 

He started singing “Until The End of Time”. Halfway through the song, JC put his hand on Jenn’s shoulder and whispered in her ear, “You've got a good one. Never let him go.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj