Chapter 64


“WHAT?! No, I’m not doing that,” he said, leaving the room. 


“Justin, it’s to protect yourself if…”


“If WHAT, Mom?  We both plan on this being a lifetime commitment, it’s MARRIAGE, not just a fling. She doesn’t care about my money. We’ve known her and the family since we were babies. What gives you ANY idea that she’s after my money? If that were the case, she’d be wanting a big wedding in LA or NYC or a destination wedding. She’s only cared about ME, not my money. I know you’re ’looking out for me’, but I’m a big boy now, and I am not going to have her sign a prenup.”


Lynn sighed, “ If you’re sure. I just don’t want you to regret it later.”


“I have no regrets, except not marrying her sooner. I love her, she loves me. That’s it. In three weeks she’s going to be my wife and I’m going to be her husband. If it helps you at all, we’ve already discussed when we want to start having kids. Does that sound like someone just after my money?” Justin accused. 


“Well…”


“If you feel so strongly against it, you don’t have to come. Miss your only son’s happiest day of his life. I’ve made up my mind, nothing you say will change that. I love you, and I hope you’ll still be here in three weeks. Bye Mom.” He hung up and felt this rage inside him. 


“Justin…” Jenn had heard everything. 


“Jenn, how much did you hear?” he asked, afraid of her answer. 


“Enough of it. You started yelling so I cautiously stayed back, but I could still hear your side of things. She really wanted you to get a prenup?” she asked, knowing the answer. 


He nodded. “Ever since we got together, she’s been supportive, but also being overprotective. Like I don’t know how to control my money and that you’re just a gold digger. It’s like she has no idea who you are after all these years.”


“I heard you stand up to your mom, and choose me if it came down to it. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. It’s so… so…”


“... infuriating?” Justin asked. 


“Sexy. Hearing the passion in your voice behind what you said. I’m glad you know me, that I’ve never been impressed by your money. Has it helped us get closer by allowing me to go on tour with you instead of working? Yes. But it’s only helped us get closer, not split us apart. You spoke your mind and stood your ground. I love that, I love you,” she said as she kissed him. 


NOT how I thought that was gonna go, he thought as she kissed him. 



Jenn was at the house while Justin was at the studio. She texted Angela to see if they could hang out. 


I’m not in LA since there’s nothing business related until the tour dates, he gave me a little break, Angela replied. 


She decided she could go shopping alone, find her gifts for the bridesmaids and throw off the paparazzi. She went back to the bridal boutique she’d bought the shoes at, and found some cute items and remembered she didn’t have a garter belt yet for Justin to toss. She bought a couple more for good measure. Thankfully there didn’t seem to be paparazzi, at least not in her face, so she drove back to the house. 



Justin couldn’t believe what was happening. It had been a while, and had been so difficult to coordinate and keep secret. Before him stood 4 of his best friends. He was excited and nervous. 

 

“Ok guys, here’s what I’m thinking. We have a couple days to get it perfect before we do it live. Jenn has no idea, and she’s gonna love it.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj