Chapter 63


Jenn was at the airport ready to fly to San Jose. She’s coordinated with Jenn to get flights coming in around the same time. Her flight came first, which was easier to hide Justin. She waited at his gate so once he got off the plane they could go together. The airport was less than 10 minutes to the County Offices they needed. They checked in and waited for someone to be available. They were given paperwork to complete and return to a clerk. 


“Well, the big question, are you becoming Mrs. Jennifer Timberlake?” he whispered. 


“Uh, yeah. I could see if it was the other way you’d be hesitant, but I have nothing to lose by taking your name. I took a class at Berkeley taught by a hard core feminist. She said taking a husband’s name gives up your identity. I don’t think that’s true. It’s me being open to change and fully accepting the person I want to spend my life with.”


He nodded, pleased with her answer. 


The whole process took about an hour or so. They had time to kill before their flight to LA.  Jenn called the girls and they met for lunch.  Justin kept his hoodie on to hide his face, but wanted to still see Jenn and the girls. They discussed rough timelines for the rest of the month, since the wedding was in less than 3 weeks. 


They went back to the airport and caught their flight to LA. A car took them to the house, and Jenn started to unpack. 


“Can I at least SEE what is in the box from the girls?” Justin begged. 


“You really need the next 3 weeks to plan out how to use it all?” Jenn replied. 


“Plan, fantasize about, whatever…”


“I’ll let you see on the wedding night. While we’re on the subject, are we really going to want to consummate our marriage at the hotel after the wedding, or once we get to our honeymoon location?”


“Ooh, consummate. Make it sound all fancy. I guess we’ll play it by ear. The wedding is in the late afternoon, then the reception. We’ll be out of there around 11 and to the hotel before midnight,” Justin said. 


“What time is our flight the next morning?”


“8:00 at SFO”


“So we need to be there by at least 7, which means leave here by 6 or earlier. I’m sure we can sleep on the plane, but we’ll see how we feel once we get in the hotel after the wedding.”


“As always, I’m ok if you want to wait,” Justin assured her. 


“We’ll see. Not ruling it out just yet.  Are we staying together at a hotel before the wedding, or am I staying with the girls the whole time? Gotta admit I’m trying to figure out our last time before getting married more than our first after the wedding,” Jenn said. 


“You’re perfectly welcome to stay at the hotel with me. Maybe stay with the girls while I’m in Sacramento for the night, then again the night before the wedding. Bad luck to see the bride on her wedding day and all…”


“Well, we have the next 10 days together here before going up to San Jose,” she said. 


Justin’s phone rang. “It’s Mom.”


“Hi Mom,” he answered. 


“I need to talk to you about something before the wedding.”


“Sure, Mom, what is it?”


“I feel like there’s something you’ve been overlooking before the wedding…”


“What?”

 

“I think it’s best if you have Jenn sign a prenup.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj