Chapter 6


The alarm went off way too early, Justin was not a morning person. Jenn had been awake long enough to make him coffee and get breakfast brought in for him. 


“My beautiful angel,” he yawned. 


“You say that when you’re drunk or tired…” she teased. 


“Well, I think it in my head 24-7, so it’s bound to come out,” he laughed. He sipped his coffee while eating breakfast. Even in a hotel, times like this made them both happy. For him it was feeling normal, grounded in reality, and her being what kept him grounded. For her it was seeing that smile, the tone in his voice of true appreciation for what she did. 


He finished getting ready and waited for Angela to be ready. 


“What’re you gonna do while I’m gone, babe?” he asked. 


“I think I’ll use the gym, get in a workout without leaving the hotel, take a long bath, maybe go outside and window shop, stay close to the hotel til you call.”


“Sounds relaxing, I’m jealous. This is the last of my business so we’ll have the next couple days to ourselves. For now, I’ll kiss my beautiful fiancée until my assistant gets here…”


He leaned in to kiss her, and there was a knock on the door. “She can wait at least 30 seconds, can’t leave without kissing my woman.”  He quickly grabbed her ass before breaking the kiss. “Or that.  Love you babe. Text if you need anything.”


“Love you too. Text me if you want between things, hope everything goes well.” She closed the door behind him and got into her workout clothes, got her iPod and headphones, grabbed a towel from the bathroom, and headed down to the gym. 


She started with a quick run on the treadmill before doing a circuit of the machines they had available. She finished by getting back on the treadmill and walking. One of the TVs suddenly flashed Justin’s face on the screen. She stopped to watch and it was one of his interviews from yesterday. Just seeing him on TV made her fill with butterflies and overflow with happiness. She left the gym feeling refreshed and in a terrific mood, ready to soak in the tub to relax more. 


She turned the stereo in the room on and searched for a station he might be on. Z100 was bound to be on his list for the day, and she knew the station to dial it in. 


She got in the tub and listened to the morning show. Sure enough, they were awaiting his arrival and were looking for callers to ask him questions. Her phone within reach, she dialed the number for the radio station. It rang. 


“Z100, can I help you?”


“I can’t believe I got through. Yes, I want to ask Justin a question.”


“I’ll switch you through to that line, please hold.”


She had a new set of butterflies, hoping to surprise him. 


“Hello caller, what’s your name?”


“I’m Jenn-ifer. Sorry, I’m a little nervous,” she stumbled. Shit, couldn’t even think up a fake name to use… she thought. 


“Hi Jennifer, I get that response a lot,” Justin responded. “What’s your question?”


Damn it, I’m so not prepared!!! She internally screamed. “Ummm… what was your favorite part of making your album?”


“Well, I got to be home for a while, some of the songs are from people or situations I had at home while I was writing.”


Good answer, she thought. “One more quick question?” Who inspires you the most right now?”


“Hmm, musically it’s the people I had around me for the record.  In general, I’m gonna be THAT guy and say my girl. She’s been through a lot since we’ve been together and to see her come out of all that, shaped both of us.”


Damn, he’s either being really sincere or he knows it’s me.


“Great questions Jennifer, thanks for calling,” the DJ said as he hung up. 


No matter which way he answered, hearing him talk about me...


“So let’s actually piggyback what our caller just asked. What experiences helped you write?” the DJ asked. 


“Well, I wrote SexyBack based on a conversation my girlfriend was having with her friends on the phone.  A couple others just by having her around, being herself.”


“Now, how did you meet your lady?”


“I literally fell for the girl next door. We’d been friends growing up, lost touch once I started my stuff, but after this last tour I came home just to see her. Her dad had cancer and I wanted to be there for her, they’d been like family growing up.  She knows me inside and out, calls me on my bull.  I love her.”

 

“I love you too, babe” she said to the empty bathroom. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj