Chapter 58


They spent the next two days together at the loft and at the Garden for the shows. He did his best to make her feel like she was the only one in the crowd. The time passed too quickly for them, and before they knew it he was off to the next tour stop. She knew she’d likely see him in a couple weeks in Vegas, but made sure to keep it a surprise. 


She called Leah to talk about wedding stuff.  “Hey maid of honor! Any word on if we’re moving my bachelorette party to Vegas?”


“Well, about that. I was talking with the bridesmaids and we think Vegas should be just for us, then another bigger one with friends, old coworkers, etc. here in San Jose. We’re all totally ok with seeing Justin at both places as part of the festivities. As for the rest, you’ll have to wait. How’s everything, where are you?”


“I’m at the loft in NYC. I go back to Memphis tomorrow. I like it here, but it’s too busy for me by myself. Being home will help me relax as much as possible til Vegas and then LA and on with Justin. Then it’ll be the wedding, so it’ll go by quick. I can’t believe it’s been almost 3 years since he showed up at my door and this all started.”


“And soon you’ll be Mrs. Justin Timberlake. I mean, has it really sunk in yet? You are gonna take his last name, right?” 


“Shit…”


“What?” Leah asked worriedly. 


“The ONE thing we forgot is probably the biggest deal and could cause a huge info leak…. Shit, shit, shit…”


“WHAT?!”


“We haven’t gotten the marriage certificate application. That has to be done in the county you’re getting married in. Bride AND groom have to be there. It’s a public records office, how are we going to hide Justin?!”


“Jenn, calm down. Is there time to come up between the LA shows and the San Jose show?  Or maybe ask Angela if there’s a day they need for travel by bus that he can fly in, get this done, then fly out again the same day?”


“I’ll contact Angela and check, she has the tour itinerary and all that. Shit…. I gotta call her now so we can figure this out. Love you.”  Jenn hung up, frantic. 


She called Angela, but no answer. She called Justin hoping to just get a hold of someone. 


“Hey babe, you miss me?” he asked. 


“Yes, but that’s not the reason I called. Is Angela around?”


“Yeah, why?”


“I realized I forgot something BIG for the wedding…” she said. 


“You didn’t forget you were married like the last episode of Bones, did you?” Justin laughed. 


“No. This is serious. We don’t have the marriage license application. We have to go in person, both of us, to San Jose to apply or the marriage won’t be legal. I’m afraid we’re going to blow our cover. How do we hide you at a county office?!”


“Calm down, we’ll figure this out. I’ll look over the schedule with Angela and we’ll find a day. I know I have some time off that we’ll find a day. And I’ll just dress like when we had our low key date, hoodie on, hat low to hide my face.  I love you. It’s all gonna be ok.”


“Love you too. Thanks, hearing your voice and knowing you have a rough plan helped relax me,” Jenn sighed.


“Glad I could help. Talk to you soon.”

 

“Bye baby,” she said before hanging up. She felt better, but knew it wouldn’t be fully better until they were there. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj