Chapter 50


The next afternoon Justin and Jenn picked up her mom and dad and they headed to Nashville for the hockey game. Jenn and her parents had Sharks jerseys she bought while in San Jose during the tour, Justin in a regular t shirt.


Jenn had been to hockey games, but never a playoff game, especially on ‘enemy’ ice. She was recording the game just to see if they got on tv, being Sharks fans and having Justin with them. 


They got to take a special elevator to their box, and food was already waiting for them. The suite was  above the first level, so they had a good view of the rink. They grabbed some food and waited for the game to start. 


Whenever the Sharks scored a goal, Jenn gave Justin a big kiss in celebration. She found out later it made TV. They were on camera a couple of times, along with other celebrities at the game. Playoffs seemed to be when the famous fans came out to watch. 


The game went into overtime at 4-4, then double overtime. They cheered as the Sharks scored the winning goal. It felt odd to be cheering when most of those in attendance were leaving upset, but she knew living anywhere beyond San Jose that would be her reality. 


The event coordinator stopped by their suite before they left, and thanked Justin for coming to the game. “Any time they play next season, let me know and I’ll get tickets.” Justin said. “I wish we lived closer to see the rest of the series, but we’ll watch on TV.”


It was a long drive home.  Dad rode shotgun while Mom and Jenn slept in the back. Justin being a night owl came in handy to get them home safely. 



A week and a half later, they were packing for Europe. Justin helped Jenn pack. 


“What am I going to need the black dress for?” she asked. 


“We’ll have some nights off, we can’t go to a nice restaurant in London or something? Go to a museum in Paris?”


“I’ll give you dinner, but I doubt a plunging neckline is acceptable at any museum unless it’s an after hours fundraiser gala.”


“So sue me for trying to find reasons for you to wear my favorite dress. We’ll be there over your birthday, that should be reason enough,” he argued. 


“Fine, I’ll bring it. I just don’t want to stand out at the shows wearing the wrong thing,” she sighed. 


“You’ll stand out at all the shows because you’re beautiful. To the point of distraction. I want to give a great show, but I also want to see you every second of it.”


“Romantic, but excessive. You give me some great performances I DEFINITELY don’t want anyone else to see, those are just for us. Save your focus on me for those performances,” she laughed. 


“Well, expect some quality performances then,” he chuckled. 

 

“I always do. You always get rave reviews.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj