Chapter 5


He’d been in his head so much during the movie and making this album. It was special to him, but what would the fans think? He was thankful to have Jenn and her girls as a sounding board. Jenn heard every song, the girls just a couple he really needed an outside perspective on. 


Angela broke the silence, “we have radio shows in the morning, lots of back and forth between studios. Jenn, up to you if you want to come, these usually don’t go long but there are a few.”


“I think I’ll stay close to the hotel, walk around a bit. Nothing big.” Jenn replied. “Stay out of my head on this whole thing.”


“We should be done in time for lunch, so I’ll take you to your first tourist stop,” Justin said. “For now, let’s get some dinner and call it a night.” He squeezed her hand again. 


They went to a trendy fusion restaurant. It was packed, so Jenn thought it had either just opened or it was THAT good. Either way she felt like they fit in based on what they were wearing. She was afraid she’d be underdressed, but he knew his way around the city. 


She liked that it was packed. She hoped that meant they could get in and out without much attention. Being left handed, Jenn couldn’t help but notice her ring finger empty. It felt strange after so long, she’d have to get used to it for the next few days. It was in her wallet, so it wasn’t very far from her. 


They ate and reviewed details for the next day before heading back to the hotel. Angela went into her room, Jenn and Justin went into theirs. 


“I hadn’t looked around much earlier,” Jenn said. “I used to be so impressed by hotels, but after moving in with you, hotels seem less fancy.  I like that I don’t have to clean up though.”


Justin laughed. “Jenn, this is the Plaza.  It’s fucking amazing even for basic rooms. Honestly, I normally have time to use the bed and the bathroom that I don’t even notice the other amenities, at least on tour.  But yeah, I wanted somewhere amazing for your first time in NYC. I get what you mean though for a lot of places. 


She stood in the bathroom. “Like yeah, it’s a nice tub, but it’s not OUR jetted tub or our sinks and storage. Am I gonna soak in that tub tomorrow? Absolutely.”


“It’s not our bedroom but I am SO wanting to just lay you down…”


She put a finger to his lips. “I was thinking about that. Tonight can be quick so we take our time once your responsibilities are done.”


“You think of everything. I mean, can’t say no to that.”

 

She laughed. “Someone has to be up early tomorrow, so let’s get started…”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj