Chapter 48


Jenn was flying out to San Jose to get wedding stuff crossed off the list. She would be staying with the girls. They met her at the airport, and grabbed lunch to go over logistics. 


“I need a florist, invitations, sign paperwork with the reception site, and the most important part, dresses!” Jenn said. 


“Are you going to have a different dress for the reception? My cousin did that at her wedding last year.” Leah asked. 


“No. I plan on doing this once, I’m gonna get as much wear out of that dress as I can.”


“Before Justin tears it off of you. Not gonna lie, sex with Justin Timberlake for the rest of your all is the ultimate life goal. You’re living the dream, Jenn.”


“Come on. You’ve known him for 2 years, there’s more to him than that. Not saying you’re wrong, but that’s not what I’m marrying him for. Just a REALLY great added bonus,” Jenn laughed. 


“What are you thinking for colors? His favorite- baby blue?” Kelly asked. 


“No, that’s too juvenile. I honestly think he just made that up or because of UNC. He’s an adult now. I was thinking of white, silver, and a royal blue. Touches of it on the dress, thinking in the back along the train, or the edging of my veil. I’m trying to be classy, I’m sure there’s gonna be a bunch of celebrities there, it can’t be tacky.” Jenn stated. 


They drove around to different florists. She didn’t say who the groom was, just that the sky was the limit as far as budget. In Silicon Valley, she could have been part of a tech firm startup that had hit it big. There was no assumption of fame or celebrity, which helped ease her mind. 


They ended the day with an appointment at a bridal dress boutique. They sipped champagne as she figured out what she wanted. 


“It’s a shame you can’t wear a version of your lucky dress, Justin would be all over you,” Leah laughed. 


“Again, it needs to be classy, but comfortable. I’m thinking an A line, nothing frilly. Hides my curves. No mermaid, I feel like I couldn’t walk in it. The shape of the dress will be simple, but the details on it will be what draws your attention.”


She was lucky the shop was able to really help her design her dress more than just get one like thousands of others. She picked pieces from different dresses she tried on and put them into one dress. The sketches looked beautiful, she hoped it would look as good on. 


She tried on one dress. “It’ll look like this, as far as the shape of it, but a little longer train, ruching here, beading all along this area,” Jenn said, pointing to different parts of the dress. “I love the combo of the  ruching and the corset back, it’s gonna hug my curves and hide any imperfections.”


“You’re gonna look amazing, Jenn,” Michelle said. “What were you thinking for us?”


“I was thinking of this style,” Jenn said, holding up a halter style dress with a flowy chiffon overlay. “Simple, but classic. Doesn’t take focus away from me by being too revealing, but you’ll all still look good.”


“Anything for the bride,” the girls agreed. 


They looked through books of wedding invitations, Jenn was starting to get overwhelmed by choices. 


“You got a florist and designed your wedding dress today, that’s plenty for now. Invitations you can do back in Memphis, give yourself time. Maybe go with the moms to get their thoughts. You could talk to Justin about hiring a planner that can help with a lot of this stuff for you.” Michelle suggested. 



Jenn went back to Memphis feeling better about wedding plans. She took her time looking at things like invitations, ideas for floral arrangements for the florist, ideas for decorating the reception hall. The Internet made things great to give ideas and send emails to vendors. She showed things to the moms, but they always made sure she had the final say. 

 

“I may be his mama, but you’re going to be his wife. Whatever makes you happy, makes him happy. Him being happy makes me happy,” Lynn said.  “I’m just excited I get to have you as my daughter in law.”  Lynn gave her a big hug. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj