Chapter 45


Everyone was back in the dressing room, waiting for the doors to open. Jenn was curious and asked security if she could see the Sharks locker room. They allowed it, under strict supervision. They were on a road trip, so most of their gear was missing. She saw all the names and felt star struck just being in there. After a couple minutes they ushered her out. 


As she walked back to the dressing room, she saw a familiar face. “Oh my god, it’s you. Pink. Sorry, Alecia.”


“You look familiar. You’ve been in the crowd the last couple shows. You here with Justin?” she asked. 


“His fiancée, but yeah. I’ve been a big fan of yours since I saw “There You Go” on TRL. Then you opened for *NSYNC, I love your music,” Jenn gushed. 


“Great to meet a fan. How long you staying on tour?”


“Through Vegas. Then again at different parts of the tour.” She hesitated. “My friends are here, can we get a picture with you? I feel dumb fangirling given who I’m engaged to, but I can’t help it.” 


“You never get used to it, lemme tell ya. Sure, let’s go meet your friends.”


The girls screamed when Jenn brought Pink into the room. They all talked, had a round of drinks, hung out like they’d known each other for years.  Security took a picture of all of them together, including Angela and Justin. 


“Jenn, don’t be a stranger. Justin, you take good care of her…”


“I will,” he laughed. 


“We just hung out with Pink!” the girls squeaked. 


“Jenn, if I’d have known you were a fan I’d have introduced you earlier.” Justin offered. 


“I didn’t want you to feel like you HAD to,” she replied. “I’ve met her, I’ll say hi any time I see her around.”


...


It was time for the girls to get to the VIP line. They got their badges and headed to their spot on the floor. Other fans filled in. People started talking while they waited for Pink to come on stage. 


“I heard Justin’s fiancée used to live here. I wonder if we know her somehow,” a voice said. 


“Have you seen pictures? He should’ve gone back to Britney. He can do SO much better…” another voice said. 


The words hit like daggers to her chest. They had no idea she was even here and were saying terrible things. They’re just jealous, she told herself. 


“Does she even do anything? I heard they were best friends. I mean, was it like, out of pity? Compared to the girls he COULD get, yuck.”


Jenn’s face sunk. She tried her best to keep it together. 


“Hey, instead of dumping on someone you haven’t even met, how about thinking how HAPPY Justin is!  He wrote songs about her, she must be doing something right… You probably hated Britney when he was with her, didn’t you?” Leah snapped. Jenn gave her a look. A mix of ‘thank you’ and ‘please just stop’. 


The strangers' faces snarled and they went to talking amongst themselves in quieter tones. 


Angela took out her phone and sent Justin a text. 



Pink came on the stage, rocked her set, ending with grabbing Jenn and the girls’ hands. “I heard some of you are real shit talkers, we got some badass women in here tonight, if you’re gonna hate just go the fuck home.  Good night my badass chicks! I love you San Jose!”


Jenn ordered a drink during intermission. “This doesn’t count towards my two drink limit,” Jenn said to Angela. Angela nodded in understanding. 


Soon Justin was on stage and Jenn and the girls lost their minds. Jenn was so captivated by him being up on the stage, she got lost in it for a while. 


He was getting ready to sing “her” song, when he stopped for a second. “I don’t normally do this, but it was in my dressing room so I thought ‘what the hell’. Bartender, pass me two shots and the item I gave you earlier. I have this rose and a shot for the most beautiful girl here on the floor. 


Jenn raised her eyebrows in surprise. Was he really going to do this with her here? Her face stone walled. He looked around the edge of the stage, pretending to choose a couple girls, before stopping in front of her. Her face suddenly lit up. 


“I’ve found her, the most beautiful woman here tonight. This is for you, and let’s have a drink.” He gave her a shot glass and they clinked them before taking the shot. She hated shots, but for Justin she felt like she could do anything. 


“The most beautiful girl deserves a beautiful song. This one goes out to you.” he said before starting the song. 


She was blushing so hard she could swear the spotlight was still on her. The girls hugged her as he sang. 


“You’re welcome,” said Angela. She showed Jenn her phone. 


Dumbass girls are calling Jenn terrible things like that she’s ugly and you could do so much better/go back to Britney. She’s trying so hard to keep from crying. She needs some cheering up tonight. 


His response said Thanks Ang, you’re a good friend to my girl. Thanks for having her back. I’ll take it from here. 


She put her head on Angela’s shoulder in thanks, watching him sing just for her. 


They drank to the songs about exes, and sang along to the ones about her. 


Justin was about ready to close out the night. “Before I do this last song, I gotta shout out to the girls who inspired parts of it, they’re here tonight. Ladies, I’m bringing sexy back!”  


Jenn and the girls screamed as loud as they could. He sang as much of the song in front of them as he could before making a final lap around the stage to say goodnight. 

 

Jenn and the girls waited to be privately escorted to the dressing room. When Justin saw Jenn he scooped her up in his arms. “There’s my beautiful girl,” he said. She kissed him, then whispered in his ear, “let’s get back to the hotel so I can properly thank you.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj