Chapter 44


“Justin…” Jenn said. 


“Justin, stay calm. Hear her out,” Angela stepped in. 


“Please give me a moment with my fiancée,” Justin asked curtly. The girls left the dressing room. Justin locked the door. 


“Why are you locking it?” Jenn asked. 


“So neither of us can leave til this is sorted out. Now, what the hell happened last night? Why am I hearing it on ACCIDENT as you’re telling the girls?”


“I honestly just remembered. Once they said his name, things fell back into memory. He was at the party. I drank and kept walking away from him to avoid him and help me forget him. He walked me to the hotel. He told me he wanted me back, that he missed me. I told him we were engaged. He gave me a goodbye kiss, I didn’t see it coming. I pulled away and told him I never wanted to see him again.  That should be the end of it. Well, one more thing.”


“What…” Justin demanded. 


“I ran off to throw up in the alley. Then I went up to the room.”  


“You should have told me he was there.” Justin said firmly. 


“I figured the girls had my back and would step in…”


“You had NO idea he wanted you back?”


“No. When I finally made small talk with him so he’d leave me alone, he said he was seeing someone. Only later did he tell me he’d lied.”


“Ok. Well, I want to get a restraining order. That way he can’t come near either of us. He’s not going to try and ruin the wedding and steal you away from me.”


“Woah. Do you not trust me to say no again if he sees me?” Jenn accused. 


“I trust you. I don’t trust HIM. Honestly, would you want me in close proximity to Britney?”


“Justin, that’s actually a possibility given your careers. But while not ideal, I don’t worry about your fidelity and commitment to me. It could just be two of you in a room and I know nothing would happen, because WE mean too much to you. WE mean too much to me. I’ve moved on from Wes, it’s been two years. Why would I throw away what I have with you?”


“Which is what, money, sex?” he accused. 


“LOVE!  God dammit Justin, sometimes it’s like you don’t trust me. I know she burned you deep, but we’ve been engaged for over 2 years. If I wanted a big wedding just for the money, I’d be doing it in LA or NYC, not giving a shit about how much I spend.  I want this about US.”


She started to cry.  “If you really can’t trust me maybe we shouldn’t be getting married.”


A switch flicked in Justin’s head. Well, you did it idiot. You finally pushed her away.  He went into panic mode. 


“Jenn, no, I’m sorry. Like I said, I don’t trust him. I love you so much, I don’t want him bringing drama into what’s supposed to be the happiest day of our life together. Jenn, please. I’m sorry. I was wrong. I love you so much…” Justin pleaded. 


“I know. I love you too. Are we ok now? You trust me?” Jenn said. 


“Always.”


“Ok. Since the door is already locked, how about some make up sex?”

 

Justin laughed a little. “Anything for my girl.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj