Chapter 38


The girls got up in the morning, made a Starbucks run, and headed to Fifth Avenue. She saw all the major fashion houses. It was like a dream come true, a scene from a movie. They went in a few shops, tried on dresses, but nothing was to the girls’ taste for Jenn. 


They walked into a huge store, and a sales person asked what they were looking for. 


“A super sexy dress for our friend. She’s celebrating New Year’s Eve with her fiancé, so it has to be sexy and perfect.”


“I think I have just the thing. Right this way ladies.”


They were led to a changing area, given champagne, and Jenn put on the dress. She opened the door to show the girls. 


“Before we say anything, what do you think?” they asked. 


“I think Jenn 2 years ago would have felt afraid to wear this. Now, I feel confident. It covers enough that I’m not spilling out of it, but the deep plunge really lets you see the curves. It hugs my hips too, I think he’ll love it. I feel comfortable in it.”


“Oh good, cause you look amazing. He won’t be able to keep his hands off you. Paired with the right heels, this is gonna be his and your new lucky dress.”


She saw the price tag and almost choked. She sent Justin a text.


Found a great dress, but I definitely have sticker shock. 


He replied quickly. If you love it, get it. Anything for my girl.


She still felt a little guilty, but with his final ok she felt better. She still wasn’t used to spending that kind of money on things like a dress. It now made her wonder how much all those dresses he bought for her two years ago cost. 


She purchased the dress, then they went on to get hair, makeup, and perfume for the night. “This way you have your stash of stuff here and in Tennessee. You won’t need to pack it.” Leah suggested. 


They returned to the loft, the girls made sure Justin had his suit and such for the night, then barricaded themselves in the master bedroom. 


The party was set to start around 9. It was close to 8:00 and Justin hadn’t seen Jenn or the girls come out. Jenn was so low maintenance it felt like she would take no time at all, so he was curious what was taking them so long. He knocked on the door of the bedroom. “You almost ready? Are you hungry for something before the party starts?”


Kelly opened the door a crack. “We’re just wrapping up. I guess you can come in, we’re all decent.”


He saw the girls using his side of the bathroom and mirror to get ready, but couldn’t see Jenn.  “Jesus, I feel like it’s our wedding day. Do I get to see you before this all starts?” he laughed. 


“You sure you’re ready? Might want to sit down on the bed just in case,” Jenn warned. 


Justin sat on the edge of the bed. The girls moved out of the way. His eyes grew big as he saw her. Her hair and makeup done, along with the dress. 


“Wow. Just...wow.”


“I thought you’d like it. I owe it all to you, actually.” Jenn said. 


“How’s that?” Justin wondered. 


“A couple years ago I would have been too afraid to wear this dress. A tiny part of me still is. But I feel so confident in this dress, even in front of friends and strangers. You gave me that confidence.”


“I may have helped, but you had it all along. It just needed to be brought to the surface.”


“We’ll give you two some privacy, sounds like this is gonna get mushy. Just don’t ruin her hair and makeup,” Michelle joked as they closed the door behind them. 


“Your real thoughts now that the girls are gone?” Jenn wondered. 


“Honestly, I could care less about the hair and makeup, you’re beautiful without the extras. But you’re right, this dress exudes confidence. I’m glad you bought it. One more thing…” he said, standing up and walking towards her. 


“What’s that?”


“I’m ready to marry you and start on our honeymoon while you still got your dress on. I mean, damn, I just wanna throw down right now. It’s gonna be a long night. I say we kick it off with a quick bang.”


“Not exactly the most romantic words, but knowing it turns you on gets me going. Let’s be quick.”


The girls had had their ears to the door. “That is TOTALLY the new lucky dress…” they giggled in whispers as they walked down the hall. 


Jenn and Justin soon came out ready to start greeting guests. Catering was set up in the kitchen, the bartender at his station, the lighting was perfect and the DJ had started playing. Jenn felt like she was in a club in her own home.


Jenn and the girls danced while Justin chatted his way around with guests. He’d pull Jenn to meet certain people, but didn’t want to overwhelm her. 


Midnight approached, and the DJ announced “all right ladies and gentlemen, this is the last song of 2006, played with a special dedication to Jenn. She looked at Justin and smiled as “Kiss Me At Midnight” began to play. 


“This just might become an annual tradition, just for you.” Justin smiled. She kissed him and they danced their way into 2007. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj