Chapter 36


It was the evening of the 23rd and their parents were flying in. They went together to pick them up at the airport. They took them to the loft to drop off their bags, then went out to dinner. 


It was a good night, and the city was abuzz with excitement for Christmas. They decided to watch the skaters at Rockefeller Center. Jenn talked Justin into going onto the ice with her. People took pictures, but Jenn didn’t care. It was almost Christmas and she was with Justin. Things were back to “normal” for a bit. 


They went back to the loft and watched a Christmas movie before going to bed. It was a perfect first night with the family all together. 


The next morning, Jenn woke up and made French toast for breakfast for everyone, people ate as they woke up throughout the morning. 


Once everyone was awake, they played games and watched more Christmas movies. Jenn, her mom, and Lynn made cookies for Santa. Presents were wrapped in secret and slowly piled up by the tree. It was Jenn’s favorite holiday, and it was a fantastic day. Jenn insisted they watch “It’s A Wonderful Life” before going to bed. Their hearts were full, having family in their new home away from home. 


The next morning Jenn and her mom started breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausage, and cinnamon rolls. The loft smelled amazing, the guys trying to steal a sausage before they all sat to eat. 


While the cinnamon rolls were in the oven, Jenn and Justin opened gifts from “Santa”.  Simple stuff like socks, candy, and other small items. “Gotta keep the tradition for once there’s babies in the house,” Lynn said. 


“We’re in no rush Mom, but ok,” Justin said, slightly annoyed. 


They sat down to eat and enjoyed the food around the table. For Jenn it was extra special given the last few years. Dad was in remission and Mom had made a full recovery, and she was planning her dream wedding. She didn’t think she needed much else. 


After breakfast they opened the gifts under the tree.  Jenn had bought Justin a watch, with “love, Jenn” engraved on the back. “That way I can always be with you, even when I’m not.” Jenn said. 


“I’ll wear it all the time,” he smiled. 


Jenn opened a small box. It had a ring with their names and birthstones on it, and a set of earrings with stones to match. It had a necklace with matching stones, on a white gold infinity symbol. “You and me, forever,” he whispered in her ear.


“I’ll wear it all the time,” she said. 


Jenn helped Lynn cook dinner- ham, au gratin potatoes, peas, rolls, and salad. They had apple and cherry pies for dessert, before settling in on the couches before bed. The parents would leave the next day, so Justin and Jenn could get ready for a New Years Eve party with their friends. 



It was the 30th and Jenn’s girls were flying in for the party. Jenn picked them up at the airport and brought them to the loft. 


“Wow, we thought your other house was great. Look at all this! Did you decorate?” Leah asked. 


Jenn nodded. “Justin thinks I should use it to start my own design company.”


“Well, I can’t say I blame him. If this was anyone else, I’d be afraid to touch any of it,” Kelly said. 


Jenn blushed. “I’m just afraid of starting and having trouble getting clients, or not having time being on tour with Justin or something.  He keeps suggesting I do my own thing, then being with him for stuff, so it’s confusing what he wants me to do.”


“I think he’s trying to give you options for YOU to choose what to do,” Michelle suggested. 


“Maybe. It’s just a lot of pressure no matter what, and wedding planning on top of it.”


“Do you have more wedding stuff figured out?” they asked. 


“September 29th next year, after the US and European parts of his tour are done. We’ll do a two week honeymoon before he does another leg of the tour in Australia. I don’t know if I want to go on the European part, being on the road for 2 solid months…”


“But you’d be in EUROPE with JUSTIN, that’s pretty epic.” Leah stated. 


“I’m still thinking about it.”


“What about groomsmen, anyone hot and single?”

 

Jenn sighed, “Yeah, about that. Promise not to freak out?”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj